Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2016 - Mod Warning Post #6863

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,225 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Why even respond? You must know that's what it wants.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

bangkok wrote: »
    harsh, what leicester did last season was probably one of the most biggest upsets in sporting history and will probably be never done again, Have to say i really like Leicester, Ranieri and the thai owners who are running the club the way a club should be run and are very generous to the players

Harsh? I enjoy every defeat for a team who will effect Uniteds chances of winning the league. Don't you? Doesn't everyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,978 ✭✭✭BenK

Don't think he's been a huge disappointment but I did expect a bit more from him. He hasn't really fully established himself as an essential part of the team.

Pyjamarama wrote: »
    at least thats what history tells us.

So another top 4 trophy for Arsenal is what your saying?

• GSPfan wrote: »
    Harsh? I enjoy every defeat for a team who will effect Uniteds chances of winning the league. Don't you? Doesn't everyone?

Agree. They won the league. They are rivals. Glad they lost.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

So another top 4 trophy for Arsenal is what your saying?

Most certainly. And more seasons of disappointment for Liverpool fans too. With City and Chelsea likely to contest the league with United for the next while.

Genuinely not trying to troll or anything but for the outlay and following on from his first two seasons at Chelsea i think its more than fair to say that more could have been expected from Mata. 3 years ago he'd have been in serious discussions for the best player in the league. Now I don't think he'd start for City, Chelsea, United or Arsenal when they have a fully fit squad. You could make the case for Coutinho ahead of him too although he's also pretty inconsistent and thats a bit of a tossup imo. If United do sell him i doubt they'd miss him at all tbh. But he's a fan fav as he has a nice beard and seems like a nice guy, and I 100% understand that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

https://www.instagram.com/p/BJDIEZCh-qJ/
    Zlatan:finally my shirt brought him back.

Ha ha. Zlatan you mad thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Agree. They won the league. They are rivals. Glad they lost.

leicester city are not our rivals. They will do well to finish top 10 this season

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭Flint Fredstone

Hi guys, how are you doing today?
    Really think you will have a great time under Mourinho. The signings are great and there seems to be a buzz around the team again... BUT IT'S ALL GOING TO GO TO SH*T. JOSE WILL KILL UNITED. THAT DIRTY SMELLY KIP OLD TRAFFORD WILL BURN TO THE GROUND. OOOOOOOH I REALLY HATE MAN UNITED.

But you will probably win the league and have a nice time and stuff. Just remember this little nice bit for when I come back next time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,754 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Delighted for Mike Phelan, a good start which is what he badly needed.

Hi guys, how are you doing today?
    Really think you will have a great time under Mourinho. The signings are great and there seems to be a buzz around the team again... BUT IT'S ALL GOING TO GO TO SH*T. JOSE WILL KILL UNITED. THAT DIRTY SMELLY KIP OLD TRAFFORD WILL BURN TO THE GROUND. OOOOOOOH I REALLY HATE MAN UNITED.

But you will probably win the league and have a nice time and stuff. Just remember this little nice bit for when I come back next time.

Its rude to shout.

GSPfan wrote: »
    Its rude to shout.

Sorry. That was my impression of one of those guys that comes in to the thread on a regular basis trying to convince themselves that they are impartial but can't help themselves.

I'm enjoying the first day of the Premier League. I'll have watched 3 games by the end of the day and about 6 by Monday night.

The wife has a face on her. Tough luck.

I'm enjoying the first day of the Premier League. I'll have watched 3 games by the end of the day and about 6 by Monday night.

She is lucky to have you ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,346 ✭✭✭Quandary

They just need to be happy for us that we are entertained by something so simple! My wife often moans about me watching football. I just tell her it could be worse, I could be entertaining myself by spending a fortune every Saturday buying clothes I'll never wear!

Pyjamarama wrote: »
    Most certainly. And more seasons of disappointment for Liverpool fans too. With City and Chelsea likely to contest the league with United for the next while.

Genuinely not trying to troll or anything but for the outlay and following on from his first two seasons at Chelsea i think its more than fair to say that more could have been expected from Mata. 3 years ago he'd have been in serious discussions for the best player in the league. Now I don't think he'd start for City, Chelsea, United or Arsenal when they have a fully fit squad. You could make the case for Coutinho ahead of him too although he's also pretty inconsistent and thats a bit of a tossup imo. If United do sell him i doubt they'd miss him at all tbh. But he's a fan fav as he has a nice beard and seems like a nice guy, and I 100% understand that.

walcott, oxlade chamberlain iwobi and ramsey regularly start for arsenal.

Mata would walk onto the current arsenal team

Donald love making his debut for Sunderland they must be very light.

joe hart dropped, delighted for him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,830 ✭✭✭Cookie_Dough

Was he dropped for any particular reason?

I'd love to see Moyes 's side turn them over!

• Advertisement

I agree with you ya vile beast.

No no no no no no no no no no there's no Joe harte

He deserves to be dropped for making us suffer that head and shoulders add.

because he has been very poor lately i would imagine, there was rumors Pep was looking for a new keeper, be interesting to see if Hart is still at the club end of transfer window.

Yaya Toure not in squad at all

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Empty Seats

#BigClub

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,830 ✭✭✭Cookie_Dough

because he has been very poor lately i would imagine, there was rumors Pep was looking for a new keeper, be interesting to see if Hart is still at the club end of transfer window.

I haven't seen any of City under Pep but I think Joe Hart has been over hyped and overrated for a while, possibly due to the English media.

Will be interesting to see what happens with Hart and Yaya. I'm delighted we've got all of our signings made before season starts!

Ahh terrible challenge

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Rossi IRL wrote: »
    Empty Seats

#BigClub

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSN-Q7IL9_90rhqDpTfv_vmCFj_t1405gTv290XFmlr_HvwFfl0

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,595 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Pep came out and said that he needs his GK to be good with the ball at his feet and Hart wasn't up to speed, said it might come with training..

Though in fairness Willy is feckin shocking at distribution, so it looks like an excuse

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭KaiserGunner

walcott, oxlade chamberlain iwobi and ramsey regularly start for arsenal.

Mata would walk onto the current arsenal team

The only player there that regularly starts for Arsenal is Ramsey, might help if you actually knew what you were talking about before stating something as a fact. Plus if Mata was in the Arsenal squad he would be in direct competition with Mesut Ozil and there is one clear winner there. Mata would be a squad player at Arsenal, just as he is at Man Utd.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Kevski

Can't wait until tomorrow afternoon when there'll be something to discuss other than speculation about Mata's future :D

• Advertisement

The only player there that regularly starts for Arsenal is Ramsey, might help if you actually knew what you were talking about before stating something as a fact. Plus if Mata was in the Arsenal squad he would be in direct competition with Mesut Ozil and there is one clear winner there. Mata would be a squad player at Arsenal, just as he is at Man Utd.

mesut ozil, the player that bottles in every big game for arsenal scored less goals than mata last season as well. just saying

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

mesut ozil, the player that bottles in every big game for arsenal scored less goals than mata last season as well. just saying

Yeah, he also happened to destroy everyone else in the league in terms of assists (19; next closest was Eriksen with 13). For my money, I'd be choosing Ozil over Mata too, and I say that as a Mata fan.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭KaiserGunner

This talk isn't really for the Man Utd thread, but last season off the top of my head Ozil contributed in goals or assists in matches against Man Utd, Man City, Tottenham, Bayern Munich, Leicester. Not really what I'd call a bottler in big games.

Anyway apologies for taking the thread OT.

Cmon adnan do if for United and Sunderland :)

:):):):)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 541 ✭✭✭JakeArmitage

GTFI :D

• Advertisement

Pep for a sickner? Hope so. If Januzaj can score the winner he can come back to us a hero.

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Yeah, he also happened to destroy everyone else in the league in terms of assists (19; next closest was Eriksen with 13). For my money, I'd be choosing Ozil over Mata too, and I say that as a Mata fan.

Id choose best form Mata at Chelsea over Ozil

• Registered Users Posts: 33,754 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Paddy McNair scores for City.

I blame all ye feckers!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,225 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Lovely finish from McNair, shame about it being at the wrong end though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭TheTownie

RobertKK wrote: »
    Paddy McNair scores for City.

#DareToMcNair

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭0gac3yjefb5sv7

****in McNair

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

Only on 3 minutes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,640 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Didnt we get around 5m for McNair.

Great bit of business from utd tbh

Januzaj hits the first man with the last corner/touch of the match.. ffs..

If Januzaj didn't hit the first man there I think I would have fallen off my chair in shock.

VUCKING KUNTZ

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

Ha ha.

There are many many ways that Arsenal are inferior to the teams around them.

You managed to miss them all there and pick an area we come out well on top.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭TheTownie

If Januzaj didn't hit the first man there I think I would have fallen off my chair in shock.

Think he took a total of 4 set pieces. 1 awful free kick, 2 awful corners and 1 very good corner. Not good enough at that level.

They were very slow and dull bit of lvg about them but a win is a win I'd take it from out game tomorrow aswell.

Was a good warm up today the real fun begins tomorrow.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement