Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2016 - Mod Warning Post #6863

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

The man love for zlatan is strong already

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭sjb25

dubmick wrote: »
    This is very enjoyable

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,632 ✭✭✭✭Sand

The game seems won - Mourinho can look to rotate some players on to give them minutes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭Mahony0509

Dare to Zlatan?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Lovely. Two smashing goals.

Martial with the mother of all mis kicks for Rooneys and then magically manages to get out of the way of Ibras strike. :pac:

Don't want to put the mockers on him but Fellaini has been great defensively.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

I think the rival sh1te talkers can relax now and cheer up that we seem to be able take control of game and get goals from the two slowest players on pitch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

We just need Martial to get one now. Bournemouth beaten with 30 minutes still to play. I like this feeling. If this was the Moyes or LVG era then we'd be in full on panic mode now. We'd probably let in 2 goals at least in the next 30 minutes. I just don't see that happening with Mourinho.

Forget what I said. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭Mahony0509

Martial at fault there.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

My reaction to Lord Zlatan's goal is a bit slow for obvious reasons....

jennifer_lawrence_reaction_celebgate.jpg

How funny is it that Bournemouth have an actual bench in there dug outs. Brilliant. Looks like a proper wooden one too. Looks in bits.

• I'm questioning my sexuality
    Every time ibra touches the ball I'm aroused

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,424 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Fellaini looks calm and confident under Jose (today anyway)

I hope he can keep it going.

Blind made a really important tackle earlier with Bournemouth breaking.

Mata did well today.

The press will have to find other names to link with moves.

• DM_7 wrote: »

Mata did well today.

Not just today
    He's been class for a while now, he's playing in his best position IMO
    Motm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

DM_7 wrote: »

Mata did well today.

The trick with Fell is not kidding yourself that he's an attacking player.

Good stuff though. Not playing amazingly but nonetheless looking to go top of the league.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,830 ✭✭✭Cookie_Dough

Not the kind of card Ander wanted for his birthday :D

Sky gave MOTM to Bailly.

Thought Fellaini deserved it myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,576 ✭✭✭deaddonkey15

Good performance from Rooney today, tried to get involved in everything going forward, dropped back to pick up the ball when necessary and got his goal all in a tricky opening day away match against a side with little interest in going forward.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,948 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Rossi IRL wrote: »
    Sky gave MOTM to Bailly.

Thought Fellaini deserved it myself.

Me too. Debutants tend to get the motm though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

It could of been fellaini or bailly for Man of the match and seriously I don't care they both played well and at least it wasn't de gea.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Good performance from Rooney today, tried to get involved in everything going forward, dropped back to pick up the ball when necessary and got his goal all in a tricky opening day away match against a side with little interest in going forward.

He was woeful in the first half, much brighter in the second.

Overall a solid, no frills performance.

Good to get the campaign off to a winning start anyway.

Cannot wait for Pogs to get into the team.

Bailly looks good.

Big Fell played well.

Ibra just oozes class.

Overall pretty happy with it all.

The only boring thing about Mourinho so far is that the team didn't turn in to a mess after scoring a goal. So Boring. Sack him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,830 ✭✭✭Cookie_Dough

And with that we're top of the league :D;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭Polo_Mint

So far so good

2015-16 BOURNEMOUTH 2 UNITED 1 - 2016-17 BOURNEMOUTH 1 UNITED 3

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Thepoet85

Solid performance. Delighted with the win, it's the sort out fixture we'd have messed up over the last few years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Mister Robinson

Memphis showing glimpses of quality and confidence in the 5 minutes that he was on than the whole of last season

Its amazing what a top class manager can do!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭TheDoctor

Top of the league

• Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

Good result. First half was pretty much a case of two defenses, got our lucky goal but good work from Mata to get it.

Second half once Bournemouth were forced to push on for a goal we got a bit more space and was lovely to watch at times. Happy Mata, Zlatan and Rooney all got goals. Zlatan with the pinger and Rooney a nice quick thinking finish.

Think once we scored the third we kind of stepped back a bit and ended up defending quite a bit at the end.

No one really had a bad game in my eyes, thought Bailly did very well. I don't even have to look back in the thread to assume people were giving out about Rooney and calling for him to be subbed off, it's the norm now, but I thought he played very well and some promising signs, took his goal well, had some lovely distribution to Valencia and worked one or two other lovely chances for himself, unlucky with the Boruc save.

Have to say it was a bit gas all the talk and gossip about Mourinho not going to give Mata a chance and then lo and behold Mata is starting haha.

Pity we couldn't keep a clean sheet but good start to the season, hopefully we can continue it now on Friday!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Great result. Fellaini MoTM for me but great performances from others too.

There's not a keeper on God's green earth I'd rather have than DaveSaves.

Polo_Mint wrote: »
    So far so good

2015-16 BOURNEMOUTH 2 UNITED 1 (Rooney didn't play)- 2016-17 BOURNEMOUTH 1 UNITED 3 (Rooney played and scored)

Fixed your post.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

Kept forgetting during the match Pogba is a united player :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,217 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Fixed your post.

This. This is what he means.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭TheDoctor

Onto next Friday night!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Memphis makes a cameo appearance, does pretty well for a few minutes and then dicks about with the ball in his own box, eventually losing it. No biggie in the end but you would question a player playing with confidence doing that never mind a player who's had as poor a time at Utd so far.

Bailly or Fellaini Motm for me. The big fella played a mostly defensive role, the deepest of the midfielders and swept up most things. Even better he gave away very very few free kicks. Also when he had the ball with a bit of space he ran into it with pace drawing out the defenders and then laying it forward for a Utd fullback.

No one is fooling themselves that he's world class or anything but he is a very good footballer and a pretty intelligent one at that.

I thought Rooney was poor overall despite his well taken goal.

Martial probably Utds worst player tough. Still doesn't look up to speed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭edgecutter

Good win. Zlatan did well with terrible service offered to him and I thought Blind was excellent at the back. The lucky goal helped to open the game for us and that possible helped improve our play due to more space created.

Bar his goal Rooney once again was poor and created little in which you would expect your number 10 to flourish.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,667 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

Cp04wxbWcAAME7M.jpg:large

This. This is what he means.

Sometimes you have to fight fire with fire. I don't over exaggerate though and remain pretty balanced and objective when I'm watching United play, not to mention supportive of all our players.

I know people have poked at me before over stats, but I do love a good stat, interesting one for big Fell.

Passes Attempted-75
    Passes Completed-74
    Accuracy- 99%

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭edgecutter

adox wrote: »
    Memphis makes a cameo appearance, does pretty well for a few minutes and then dicks about with the ball in his own box, eventually losing it. No biggie in the end but you would question a player playing with confidence doing that never mind a player who's had as poor a time at Utd so far.

Bailly or Fellaini Motm for me. The big fella played a mostly defensive role, the deepest of the midfielders and swept up most things. Even better he gave away very very few free kicks. Also when he had the ball with a bit of space he ran into it with pace drawing out the defenders and then laying it forward for a Utd fullback.

No one is fooling themselves that he's world class or anything but he is a very good footballer and a pretty intelligent one at that.

I thought Rooney was poor overall despite his well taken goal.

Martial probably Utds worst player tough. Still doesn't look up to speed.

I thought he did alright, but needs to improve. Herrara was possibly the worst with Rooney not far behind.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

That was fun. :D

edgecutter wrote: »
    I thought he did alright, but needs to improve. Herrara was possibly the worst with Rooney not far behind.

What game were you watching?

Herrera was immense

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Memphis showing glimpses of quality and confidence in the 5 minutes that he was on than the whole of last season

Its amazing what a top class manager can do!

He nearly handed Bournemouth a goal on a plate?

Powerful, dominant, comfortable on the ball and a handy passer of the ball too. Bailly looks to be a real find for us.

edgecutter wrote: »

I thought Rooneys passing was very accurate today, his distribution was good and he was the one of the few who was getting the ball out wide to Valencia stretching the defense.

Also he created a few chances for himself, was very strong for the ball he took down and unlucky that Boruc came out strong and saved it.

Made some very good tackles too and also took the goal beautifully.

I honestly can't see how he would be considered one of our worst performers today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,217 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

I'd say the match thread is quiet enough given the level of comfort enjoyed there, not to mention Fellaini playing very well (shout out to bangkok) and with Ibra scoring and Bailly doing well there is very little for any of the "neutrals" to do other then suck on some lemons I suppose.

Ah well.

Nice to get off to a good start, shame about the clean sheet. Ibra getting in the goals early can only be a good thing, Martial still way off the pace, Rooney was ok, his goal saved the performance really, happy!

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Actually thought that overall, United didn't look at the races, with several players not really kicking it up past second gear. Still, we didn't need to and I'll happily take 37 more games like that if we're winning and scoring goals.

Thought our defence (especially Bailly) were really good. Midfield was solid.

Martial and Rooney were dreadful. The latter can hide behind his goal, but he still gave the ball away far too often, and as a #10, he offers very little (if anything) creatively. Martial looked like his head wasn't in the game at all, and offered very little either (his assist was a shot he didn't connect with properly, and didn't look intended to get to Rooney at all).

But, ultimately, a win is a win which is great. If we can get Martial firing, and when we add back in Smalling and Pogba, we're really going to have some fun.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,736 ✭✭✭Bleating Lamb

Great to see Valencia playing with a bit of abandon again and actually crossing the ball well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

I'm just delighted. Not a game or performance for the ages but a really nice comfortable win.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement