Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2016 - Mod Warning Post #6863

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Jayop wrote: »
    I just don't see it. Chance to give your big signing a full home debut would be hard to pass up.

(is it a debut considering he's already played for the first team?)

I'd say it's a homecoming/2nd debut.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

That wasn't the argument at all.

We won trophies with both.

I just don't want Lingard, Young, Mata or Rashford on the right wing AS OUR FIRST CHOICE GO TO OPTION.

Fine as replacement options for that role, if we need them, but I would prefer a better quality of first choice right winger.

Also, its not just one season. I've been watching Lingard for the U18 and U21 sides for years. I like him - as a squad player. And I am very big on the importance of squad players to win trophies.

CAPS MAKE EVERY ARGUMENT BETTER.

I've watched him for the youth teams too and he's a brilliant prospect. He's a year older than I'd have liked to be at the stage he is now but the long term injury caused that. Personally I think he's able to go on and be a star for United for 10 or more years.

If fans ran the team the kids wouldn't have been given a chance to shine under Fergie, Hughes Andre Ince and all would have still been playing. Mahrez had one excellent season but was a big standard average player all his career before that and in the two games I've seen him this season he's been crap. I can't for the life of me understand the stampeed by united fans to replace our talented kids with others.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

Playing for the biggest clubs?

didnt know moreno and henderson play for the biggest in england :p

speaking of liverpool, really hard to hate them now klopp is over them. i think he is a fantastic manager and is very funny on the sideline and his interviews after the game.

also Mane, what a steal for them. brilliant last season with southampton and fantastic yesterday v arsenal

bangkok wrote: »
    speaking of liverpool, really hard to hate them now klopp is over them. i think he is a fantastic manager and is very funny on the sideline and his interviews after the game.

also Mane, what a steal for them. brilliant last season with southampton and fantastic yesterday v arsenal

Hating them has never been a problem for me. I just take a look in RAWK forum and it comes rushing back to me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,595 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Meh ill hate them no matter who is in charge but im starting to dislike him already tbh and that's with been a fan of his for years. Think he acts up a bit too much.. the pumping his chest on the sideline when Pool got the 4th yesterday was Cringeworthy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,343 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

CAPS MAKE EVERY ARGUMENT BETTER.

I've watched him for the youth teams too and he's a brilliant prospect. He's a year older than I'd have liked to be at the stage he is now but the long term injury caused that. Personally I think he's able to go on and be a star for United for 10 or more years.

If fans ran the team the kids wouldn't have been given a chance to shine under Fergie, Hughes Andre Ince and all would have still been playing. Mahrez had one excellent season but was a big standard average player all his career before that and in the two games I've seen him this season he's been crap. I can't for the life of me understand the stampeed by united fans to replace our talented kids with others.

Grand - we just have very different opinions on Lingard and his potential quality.

You think he will be a star player, I think he can be a very good squad player. You want this potential star as a first choice player now, I want this squad player to be a squad player.

If I thought he had the star potential you think he has, I'd want him as first choice too. But I just don't see it in him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,298 ✭✭✭martinr5232

Jayop wrote:
    Hating them has never been a problem for me. I just take a look in RAWK forum and it comes rushing back to me.

You dont even have to go onto RAWK there is enough of them around here.

astradave wrote: »
    Meh ill hate them no matter who is in charge but im starting to dislike him already tbh and that's with been a fan of his for years. Think he acts up a bit too much.. the pumping his chest on the sideline when Pool got the 4th yesterday was Cringeworthy.

whaaaaaaaaa?!

you do realise jose is in charge of utd now and regularly does that?!

Grand - we just have very different opinions on Lingard and his potential quality.

You think he will be a star player, I think he can be a very good squad player. You want this potential star as a first choice player now, I want this squad player to be a squad player.

If I thought he had the star potential you think he has, I'd want him as first choice too. But I just don't see it in him.

He played over 30 games last season and scored 7 odd goals from the wing. I'm not saying I want him to start every game, on the last page I wrote what I wanted for the Southampton game and it was Mkhitaryan out side. I just don't piss myself when I see him starting and have full confidence that he's good enough to do a great job when he does play. I also don't think we need to go buy a player for a position that we have a few young prospects as well as several senior players for.

• Advertisement

You dont even have to go onto RAWK there is enough of them around here.

I didn't like to say. I got an infraction for slating scousers in this thread before. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Defour having medical with Burnley. Remember when we were going for him and he had the bad injury. Ferguson wrote to him at the time.

whaaaaaaaaa?!

And most of us thought he was a dick when he did it with other clubs.

I enjoyed Klopp at Dortmund but I agree with the other poster that he's starting to annoy me at Liverpool. I know that's just because I can't stand them and all that goes with them. I've reconciled that with myself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Pro. F wrote: »
    It's extremely lacking in objectivity. You aren't analysing Rooney or Carrick's game sensibly because of it.

But that is just to explain the sometimes extreme view of the Rooney critique, and why those like, are so steadfast in those views and the immediate reaction.

But it still doesn't negate the issue he is at present an issue in the formation, that will either need to improve, or be replaced.

There is simply no smoke without fire on this one.

whaaaaaaaaa?!

You do realise that I might not like that stuff when it's taken into the extreme no matter who it is?

When/if Jose pumps his chest after we score a 4th goal, I'll think it was Cringeworthy too.. he can be entertaining on the sidelines, like the omg just after the pumping and that's when his charisma cones thru, but stuff like the chest beating and stuff like celebrating the draw last season is OTT. It's a personal opinion. You don't have to agree like.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,667 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

ericzeking wrote: »
    I'm not in the anti Rooney camp but I just had a notion...Rashford, interchanging with Ibra, running from deep, running onto Ibra knock downs and flicks with his pace and power. It could be pretty awesome.

We have lots and lots of options.

I fully expect to see a more pacey lineup form around Ibrahimovic, in the wide areas and at 10. I can't fathom that Mourinho doesn't realise what Ibrahimovic is now (speaking with friends they were not aware of how he roams and plays deeper) but I can forsee our team being absolutely devastating with combinations of Martial,Micky Ryan,Rashford,Memphis and Lingard buzzing around Zlatan.

One of the most exciting prospects this season for me, after two years of Van Gaal, is seeing the front four fluidity, interchanging and moving around. That will mostly come from Zlatan dropping deep, but just there being freedom of movement should allow for some really entertaining play.

2-2 draw at home to West Brom in the league.

Liverpool-vs-West-Brom.jpg

It's okay to admit Rooney had a decent game, it doesn't change the fact he is awful a lot of the time.

It's just highlighted more yesterday as there wasn't really any poor individual performances, the team as a whole not really operating at maximum, which is fine this time of the year and after the pre-season we have had.

But again it's just exasperated by well guess who is near the top of the list you draw of "Poorer performers".

For clarity, I have Martial up there also, who I thought was really poor yesterday.

It's probably too early to make any REAL judgements, the Rooney debate being the way it is because of how he was last season, through the Euros and in pre-season, and there is a noticeable drop.

I'm hoping the heightened expectations and optimism around the squad, means backup players are pushing hard for starts. That we don't have to go through gruelling individual performance issues, with someone else waiting to step up.

TheDoc wrote: »
    I fully expect to see a more pacey lineup form around Ibrahimovic, in the wide areas and at 10. I can't fathom that Mourinho doesn't realise what Ibrahimovic is now (speaking with friends they were not aware of how he roams and plays deeper) but I can forsee our team being absolutely devastating with combinations of Martial,Micky Ryan,Rashford,Memphis and Lingard buzzing around Zlatan.

One of the most exciting prospects this season for me, after two years of Van Gaal, is seeing the front four fluidity, interchanging and moving around. That will mostly come from Zlatan dropping deep, but just there being freedom of movement should allow for some really entertaining play.

We'll see that for sure and we'll see plenty of Rooney too. It's going to take Jose a while to figure out how to get the absolute best out of this squad but so long as we keep winning I'll be happy.

For now though I'd prefer to see Rooney in for the city game given the pressure we'll be under.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

speaking of liverpool...

Personally, I'd much prefer if nobody brought them up in this thread tbh. I really couldn't careless about who manages them or who plays for them. And now I'm going to have to go wash out my mouth and have another shower after just thinking about them.:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

They're a touch of the Niall Quinn about Klopp.

Anyway just looking forward to Friday. I'm off Friday to Monday so I plan on just laying on couch for weekend

You do realise that I might not like that stuff when it's taken into the extreme no matter who it is?

When/if Jose pumps his chest after we score a 4th goal, I'll think it was Cringeworthy too.. he can be entertaining on the sidelines, like the omg just after the pumping and that's when his charisma cones thru, but stuff like the chest beating and stuff like celebrating the draw last season is OTT. It's a personal opinion. You don't have to agree like.

if we go to arsenal and are hammering them and Zlatan or Pogba or whoever scores a wonder goal of a 4th, everyone will be chest beating and celebrating on the sidelines, in the stadium and at home watching the match

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

But that is just to explain the sometimes extreme view of the Rooney critique, and why those like, are so steadfast in those views and the immediate reaction.

Okay, if you weren't talking about how you form your views, then yeah, plenty of people aren't going to be objective when discussing football. I agree. It seemed like you were including yourself in that, but that's not important.
    But it still doesn't negate the issue he is at present an issue in the formation, that will either need to improve, or be replaced.

There is simply no smoke without fire on this one.

Rooney at present is no more of an issue in the formation than Ibra, Mkhitaryan, Martial and Mata are. As a combination there is, variously, a lack of pace, movement and energy in that group if they play together.

if we go to arsenal and are hammering them and Zlatan or Pogba or whoever scores a wonder goal of a 4th, everyone will be chest beating and celebrating on the sidelines, in the stadium and at home watching the match

Except for me.. I will be like holy ****. Then look at the rest doing that saying it was cringy. I sure as **** won't be jumping around beating my chest.. and I'm sure the majority of posters in here won't either so I don't think you should be tarring everyone with the bangkok brush

Except for me.. I will be like holy ****. Then look at the rest doing that saying it was cringy. I sure as **** won't be jumping around beating my chest.. and I'm sure the majority of posters in here won't either so I don't think you should be tarring everyone with the bangkok brush

cringy celebrating a goal. ok

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭Flint Fredstone

2-2 draw at home to West Brom in the league.

Liverpool-vs-West-Brom.jpg

Don't trigger that alarm man.

Bravo will go to city, 17m, joe hart finished at city

cringy celebrating a goal. ok

Where did I say it was Cringy to celebrate a goal? Back that up...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

Jesus, Liverpool talk and now City talk...

What thread am I in?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,640 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

MagicIRL wrote: »
    Jesus, Liverpool talk and now City talk...

What thread am I in?

tumblr_lemkdyfPaq1qdoghio1_500.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭Polo_Mint

Bravo will go to city, 17m, joe hart finished at city

Joe Hart is an excellent PL goal keeper.

Odd by City

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Joe Hart is a midtable goalkeeper, he always has been

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭Polo_Mint

Joe Hart is a midtable goalkeeper, he always has been

I don't think do

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Lads ye are obsessed like.

• Advertisement

Polo_Mint wrote: »
    Joe Hart is an excellent PL goal keeper.

Odd by City

yea i think he is a very good keeper as well, Pep just laying down a marker like jose has done with Bastian i suppose

yea i think he is a very good keeper as well, Pep just laying down a marker like jose has done with Bastian i suppose

If De Gea made half the mistakes Harte did,he would be hounded out of the country.

zerks wrote: »
    If De Gea made half the mistakes Harte did,he would be hounded out of the country.

de gea is a world class goalkeeper, joe hart is a very good goalkeeper so i would expect hart to make more mistakes, but he is still a good keeper.

all keepers make mistakes, but the best ones make the least amount

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,536 ✭✭✭Dave0301

de gea is a world class goalkeeper, joe hart is a vey good goalkeeper so i would expect hart to make more mistakes, but he is still a good keeper.

all keepers make mistakes, but the best ones make the least amount

No shít :pac:

I thought Herrera had his best game in ages yesterday. He and Fellaini are a partnership I'd like to see more of under Mourinho.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

jayo26 wrote:

At least it'd not an endless
    Fellaini/Rooney/welbeck/tclevz circle jerk argument

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,343 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

I do wonder where Hart would go.

Liverpool the best domestic side that could do with an upgrade on their keeper. I think Hart is better than mignolet, but don't know if a deal would be done at this stage of the window.

Spurs don't need a keeper. Arsenal don't need one. Chelsea don't need one.

The BBC saying Arsenal are delaying signing Mustafi due to the fee and wages plus agent fees. They really are cheap. Thank took we don't have their small club mentality.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Liverpool the best domestic side that could do with an upgrade on their keeper. I think Hart is better than mignolet, but don't know if a deal would be done at this stage of the window.

He could be a good fit in Italy, but wouldn't go for a number of reasons I reckon. Very good keeper, but not as much as he is made out to be (still hilarious how some Utd fans spent years lamenting we were stuck with DDG and not Hart :pac: ); he's lucky to be English in that respect.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

jayo26 wrote:

At least it'd not an endless
    Fellaini/Rooney/welbeck/tclevz circle jerk argument

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,667 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

Didn't they buy that Karius fella? apparently they're new number 1 I believe. No room at the inn for Joe.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

zerks wrote: »
    The BBC saying Arsenal are delaying signing Mustafi due to the fee and wages plus agent fees. They really are cheap. Thank took we don't have their small club mentality.

Wenger counting the pennies, I really do feel for Arsenal supporters when the respective transfer windows roll around every year..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Didn't they buy that Karius fella? apparently they're new number 1 I believe. No room at the inn for Joe.

Also 3 keepers out on loan. I can't see it happening.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Gary and jamie discussing United on MNF right now

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 541 ✭✭✭JakeArmitage

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Gary and jamie discussing United on MNF right now

Missed it, what did they say

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement