Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2016 - Mod Warning Post #6863

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Gary and jamie discussing United on MNF right now

Spot on analysis of Rooney. Coming deep to get involved but playing backwards passes or running in that direction and leaving a gaping hole where he's supposed to be playing and dictating play. Not a single pass into the box.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

I do wonder where Hart would go.

Liverpool the best domestic side that could do with an upgrade on their keeper. I think Hart is better than mignolet, but don't know if a deal would be done at this stage of the window.

Spurs don't need a keeper. Arsenal don't need one. Chelsea don't need one.

Could see him going to a team like West Ham

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 541 ✭✭✭JakeArmitage

zerks wrote: »
    Spot on analysis of Rooney. Coming deep to get involved but playing backwards passes or running in that direction and leaving a gaping hole where he's supposed to be playing and dictating play. Not a single pass into the box.

Well if they can see it , theres no doubt jose has aswell

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

brinty wrote: »
    At least it'd not an endless
    Fellaini/Rooney/welbeck/tclevz circle jerk argument
    At least it'd not an endless
    Fellaini/Rooney/welbeck/tclevz circle jerk argument

Heard ya the first time..... ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,595 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Was only half listening (playing Overwatch at the time) but am I right saying that Jamie said the issue could be that older strikers tend to drop back and need a pacier one up front to complement either? And that Gary thought that he could see Rooney and Pogba with a holding mid behind them in center mid?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,233 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

Rooney in midfield is enough to drive someone mental

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,667 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

astradave wrote: »

That fellas a bit of a ****house tbh, he was the one running the "Mata had to be restrained" story.

• Advertisement

That fellas a bit of a ****house tbh, he was the one running the "Mata had to be restrained" story.

Infairness de gea had to jump on mata to restrain him and here is the proof

David_de_Gea_Newcastle_United_v_Manchester_ro_AOO.jpgfree image host

• Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭TheTownie

Was only half listening (playing Overwatch at the time) but am I right saying that Jamie said the issue could be that older strikers tend to drop back and need a pacier one up front to complement either? And that Gary thought that he could see Rooney and Pogba with a holding mid behind them in center mid?

Both Jamie and Gary basically came to the same conclusion, that Rooney and Pogba can take turns arriving into the box as the other drops back. Sounds like the kind of rhetoric used to justify playing Rooney. Assuming Mkhitaryan has no issues integrating, why not play him instead. Faster, better dribbler, more creative, can score as many as Rooney IMO. Only problem is Jose might have him earmarked for RW.

jayo26 wrote: »
    Infairness de gea had to jump on mata to restrain him and here is the proof

David_de_Gea_Newcastle_United_v_Manchester_ro_AOO.jpgfree image host

The man, the myth, the legend, Steve Round

Dimitri Mitchell just scored a cracking goal for the u23 against Leicester superb finish.

The man, the myth, the legend, Steve Round

Phil Neville with the I haven't a clue what I'm doing head.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,424 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

TheTownie wrote: »
    Both Jamie and Gary basically came to the same conclusion, that Rooney and Pogba can take turns arriving into the box as the other drops back. Sounds like the kind of rhetoric used to justify playing Rooney. Assuming Mkhitaryan has no issues integrating, why not play him instead. Faster, better dribbler, more creative, can score as many as Rooney IMO. Only problem is Jose might have him earmarked for RW.

So far it appears that Jose wants his RW to be the one finding spaces and creating. Not the no 10.

The number 10 role looks to involve going towards players to provide a passing option rather than going into space. Rooney will be tasked with occupying the defence to make space for others. Look at where he received his passes at the weekend as an example.

Then look at Jesse and Mata over last two games, much more freedom with Valencia covering the right hand side.

• Advertisement

Phil Neville with the I haven't a clue what I'm doing head.

You're bringing back too many repressed memories Jayo :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,726 ✭✭✭roosterman71

You're bringing back too many repressed memories Jayo :(

Dont know what your talking about
    David_Moyes_Manchester_United_1024_3023549.jpgupload picture

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭Flint Fredstone

Was there nobody there to throw stats at them?

moyeshappy_zps046c2a5c.gif

His greatest moment

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

Don't know how much truth is in it to be honest, not much concrete stuff yet but a lot seem to be linking Pereira with a loan move to Boro, if he would be given game time that would be a great move for him, hope the rumours are true.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

jayo26 wrote:
    Heard ya the first time.....

Sorry
    Was on the train and Wi-Fi was crap n

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,765 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

His greatest moment

Fulham never recovered from that. Where are they now? Nobody gives Moyes credit for that.

Knocked Fulham off their f***ing perch!

Sorry

Trains are for nerds :/

Lads Conte is a nutjob in a fun way I'll enjoy watching him on touchline this season

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

His greatest moment

That game was my turning point on Moyes

Leroy42 wrote: »
    Fulham never recovered from that. Where are they now? Nobody gives Moyes credit for that.

Knocked Fulham off their f***ing perch!

Loved this post.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,225 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Costa scores when he should have been sent off, and refs think they should be getting respect.

If you're too scared to make a decision, expect shít from players.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Manutd_4life

That game was a mess, especially from a referee point of view.

Anyway still top of the table :p

FB_IMG_1471294660499.jpgphoto hosting sites
    speechless

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,830 ✭✭✭Cookie_Dough

Sorry

Was it the positivity train? :D

After Gameweek 1 We're still top of the league! Great start. Hope we can keep it up and get. A good run together :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

Christ that Zlaooney photo.

Once seen....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,595 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

BvyOwM9IcAAtLcQ.jpg

https://twitter.com/AnthonyMartial/status/764859619613310976

Really not a fan of players taking personal stuff to Twitter, mainly as its not a rational thing to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

https://twitter.com/AnthonyMartial/status/764859619613310976

Really not a fan of players taking personal stuff to Twitter, mainly as its not a rational thing to do.

Who's that being aimed at?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

Lithium93_ wrote: »

His ex, she did an interview with some paper so I'm guessing he thinks she told a few lies

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Lithium93_ wrote: »

Ex-girlfriend and mother of his child. She's selling her story to The Sun (iirc) and has been mouthing off publicly about how he's "only" giving her €3000 a month towards the upbringing of the kid (which has changed since a week or two ago, she was saying he wasn't paying anything...).

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Hococop wrote: »
    His ex, she did an interview with some paper so I'm guessing he thinks she told a few lies
    Ex-girlfriend and mother of his child. She's selling her story to The Sun (iirc) and has been mouthing off publicly about how he's "only" giving her €3000 a month towards the upbringing of the kid (which has changed since a week or two ago, she was saying he wasn't paying anything...).

Thanks for clearing it up lads.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Lose lose situation to be fair, stay silent and let the story grow or say something and get berated for having a public personal life..

How would the divorce work? Would she only get half of what he earned up until last year? Probably feeling a little aggrieved that he could earn 100 million in his career and she only gets a couple of hundred thousand possibly

• Advertisement

From tonight's MNF.

gjD9e3H.jpg

q2MERL5.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

4 touches in the box Vs 1 in the last 3 games.

None of those were passes either so what, 3 shots and one dispossession IIRC?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

From tonight's MNF.

Reminds me of TC 23.

The stuff going on with Martial is effecting his form IMO. Don't think his head is right and hasn't been based on his summer so far.

Rooney's form dropped off a cliff when stuff came out about cheating few years back.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭TheTownie

Jayop wrote: »
    4 touches in the box Vs 1 in the last 3 games.

None of those were passes either so what, 3 shots and one dispossession IIRC?

3 shots and the dive I'd guess.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

The "passes" diagram was the one that stood out to me watching it earlier, where are the forward passes?

This is supposed to be our creative fulcrum but where are the through balls? Where are the short passes forward to start a one-two? Where are the arrows pointing in the direction of the opponents goal?

I like Rooney but I'll say it again, creatively he is holding this team back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

From tonight's MNF.

gjD9e3H.jpg

q2MERL5.jpg

Good man. I was just uploading those images into a post, you've saved me the hassle.

It's mental. Carrager thinks those touch maps from last season (when Rooney was playing midfield) are very similar to the one from Sunday (the one with the circle) and so that is evidence that Rooney was playing too deep. The man is being paid to analyse football and this is the argument he comes up with! The lad is hopeless.

Not sure if the link to the analysis is allowed but here is the piece by Carragher on Rooney:

http://www.fullmatchesandshows.com/2016/08/15/monday-night-football-premier-league-round-1-full-show/

Pro. F wrote: »
    Good man. I was just uploading those images into a post, you've saved me the hassle.

It's mental. Carrager thinks those touch maps from last season (when Rooney was playing midfield) are very similar to the one from Sunday (the one with the circle) and so that is evidence that Rooney was playing too deep. The man is being paid to analyse football and this is the argument he comes up with! The lad is hopeless.

His point was Rooney is deployed as a #10 but spent all the time playing much the same as he did last season and left holes in the space he was employed to occupy.Running backwards and being deeper than the midfielders is not what a number 10 should be doing.He was like Carrick yesterday rather than the creator he is meant to be.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

His point was Rooney is deployed as a #10 but spent all the time playing much the same as he did last season and left holes in the space he was employed to occupy.Running backwards and being deeper than the midfielders is not what a number 10 should be doing.He was like Carrick yesterday rather than the creator he is meant to be.

When have you seen Carrick get that far forward that often in open play? Just look at the touch map that Caragher provided, Rooney got forward plenty. It's actually a very common tactic for 10s to vacate the 10 area in order to draw out the opposition, just like it's common for 9s to drop deeper to lose their markers.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

Jakers can't believe that Martial tweet. The fact that he has tweeted about it suggests that it is affecting him.

Obviously every player is put under the spotlight and media will pounce at everything, it's nothing new seeing the relationship scandal but when players let it affect them it can lead to some poor form.

I am always under the opinion that one of the most crucial things for a goalscorer or forward player is mentality. You could be the most talented man in the world but if you aren't right mentally it won't click, likewise average players can hit tremendous form when they think they are unstoppable.

Now I hope Martial comes out and plays a blinder in the next few games to prove me wrong but I would be worried that the whole thing could affect his form.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement