Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2016 - Mod Warning Post #6863

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

Jayop wrote: »
    We've only a handful of posts in this thread before we get the new one so maybe we should dedicate them to positivity. Great United photos, gifs, videos, memories, optimism?

I like this idea.

Manchester Derby?Maine Road? Steve McClaren? Wes Brown? Beckham free-kick? Oh yes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

MagicIRL wrote: »
    United have bid €30mill for Fabinho in the last few hours according to Marca. Anything more reliable out?

It's nice to be back on the ball with the news: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=100704419&postcount=9466 :D:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

zerks wrote: »
    It's nice to be back on the ball with the news: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=100704419&postcount=9466 :D:D:D

Twitter doesn't load here in work. :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Lads. Ladies. Pogba. Friday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,068 ✭✭✭yermandan

Pheonix10 wrote: »
    I'd recommend the Blaze before the game but your wife won't appreciate it.

My Mrs, while shocked to the core, loved it! She asked last night when we are going back haha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Lads. Ladies. Pogba. Friday.

Leave him on the bench and start Young and Jones at cm just for the lolz.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

yermandan wrote: »
    My Mrs, while shocked to the core, loved it! She asked last night when we are going back haha

Sounds brilliant Dan:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,068 ✭✭✭yermandan

jayo26 wrote: »
    Sounds brilliant Dan:)

Just get there 2 hours before kick-off and get a comfortable spot!

yermandan wrote: »
    Just get there 2 hours before kick-off and get a comfortable spot!

Cheers pal that's the plan anyway. Can't bloody wait now ;)

• Advertisement

Anyone ever lookup the Bishops blaize on YouTube haha right spot.

The little Asian guy that sings in there is hilarious. We had him on the tram last year on the way back and he had the whole place in stitches.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

The little Asian guy that sings in there is hilarious. We had him on the tram last year on the way back and he had the whole place in stitches.

When he grabs the beer off lads doing the "we'll drink, we'll drink,we'll drink to Eric the king the king the king" is gas felas staring at him thinking he robbing beer...
    Pete Boyle is the kitty tho!

Haven't been in there in ages,I'm usually in Sam Platts before games.

Heading over myself for the Leicester game,watching Sterling fall daily is great.Much better than the last game I went to and nearly crying at the exchange rate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭Polo_Mint

We need a New thread before Friday in recognition of Pogba , Zlatan, Micky and Bailly first PL game in Old Trafford

Burn this one down

tumblr_ms5pm7KJFv1ra3yx2o1_500.gif

394607.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,830 ✭✭✭Cookie_Dough

We've only a handful of posts in this thread before we get the new one so maybe we should dedicate them to positivity. Great United photos, gifs, videos, memories, optimism?

I miss this RvP...Goal v Arsenal. His celebration was epic! The Arsenal fans were giving him dogs abuse before the match started

• Advertisement

13987590_1098492986854262_7237505178476990076_o.jpg

Ah cookie great memory. He should have been with us years ago. What a goal scorer.

Ah cookie great memory. He should have been with us years ago. What a goal scorer.

I know, I wish he'd stayed and kept up his form of his first season. I really thought when LVG came it it would reinvigorate him but it wasn't the case.

Here's another that I love...a wicked deflection but oh so sweet! Can't beat a winner in the dying seconds v City.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,531 ✭✭✭magnumbud

almost a year ago

• Registered Users Posts: 33,754 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Martial speaks to L'Equipe about LVG;
    "I had an excellent relationship with Van Gaal. He demanded perfection always by my side, and it helped me a lot.
    "He showed me always videos of what I should do differently in competition. Even in games where I had scored two goals.
    "Sometimes it was annoying, but I knew that it was for my own good."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,576 ✭✭✭deaddonkey15

I miss this RvP...Goal v Arsenal. His celebration was epic! The Arsenal fans were giving him dogs abuse before the match started

Great corner by Rooney there. Reminds me of when he swung one in for Welbeck against Real Madrid in the Champions League. Top player.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

That Martial goal was probably the highlight of the Van Gaal era for me. Can't remember going so mental over a goal in a long time.

For all Van Gaal's issue, he did get some cracking results against rivals

This....

Bg825AUIYAAp0gR.jpg

Great corner by Rooney there. Reminds me of when he swung one in for Welbeck against Real Madrid in the Champions League. Top player.

This one? Nice corner alright and nice finish. Yeah I'm bored and on youtube...

IGoir6N.jpg

Pro. F wrote: »
    I think you're not giving him near enough credit here. The number and location of passes Rooney received in the final third is a hell of a lot better for a #10 than just "not bad."

Fair enough, I'll take your word for it which you seem more than good for on these things. I'm going by what I saw as I watched the game. The 'passes received' chart shows a busy player, even my eyes showed a busy player. However, that 'passes received' chart doesn't show what he did with those received passes, whether he converted them to chances, recycled or lost possession, advanced an attack. Is there a chart to show passes completed? Not expecting you to do the dog work Pro F, just it would probably take you 30 seconds to find one where as I'll be gone for 30 minutes looking for one.
    Pro. F wrote:
    But it is just wrong to say that Rooney wasn't occupying the 10 space. You can see how many times he received the ball in that space, a lot. He also received the ball a lot in the box and in central midfield, but that did not stop him from receiving it in the 10 area at a very good rate. A rate that compares favourably to the majority of top level 10s (except for the ones playing on tiki taka teams). And it wasn't just in yesterday's game, Rooney has always been like this when playing 10.

Anyway, as you say, Ibra always likes to drop deep, so that is a good explanation for why he dropped deep. If we didn't want a CF dropping deep and the 10 running past him, then we shouldn't have signed Ibra.

Tbh, I am thinking there's a fair chance that Mourinho will tweak Rooney's game and tell him to not drop deep so often. He tired badly on Sunday and if he wasn't dropping back so much that might help. But that is a seperate issue.

"...he was doing so to fill space which Rooney should have been occupying" - I didn't mean that Rooney wasn't occupying the 10 space often, just that he's drifting far deeper from it than I would have imagined a traditional 10 would when he does leave it. This is what I thought was dragging Zlatan further deeper in turn.

As you said, this is the way Rooney has always played 10. It's just, I don't think he's as effective these days and there's potentially others now in the squad who could do it more creatively. Someone a bit more focused on that area of the pitch, with linking the middle with attack and creating something out of almost nothing, rather than coming back to the defense line (when not defending) to receive the ball and try to push-start something from there. Maybe with some coaching from Mourinho and a lesson or two on energy conservation, i.e. not dropping so deep so often, Rooney could still be that 10 for us.

My main concern is that if/when the time comes for Rooney to be dropped/rotated due to performance issues, Jose does it just as easily as he'd do it with any of the other first team players. Thankfully the club are now at a point where there are healthy numbers of players to compete for the attacking positions. While I don't want to see Jose chopping and changing the line-up every match and would like to see him nail down a semi-regular starting 11 soon, I want that 11 to be based on ability and contribution to the team. Rooney, of the last two seasons in general, this team needs more from him.

This one? Nice corner alright and nice finish. Yeah I'm bored and on youtube...

Yes that's the one, I don't think there are too many other Rooney corners converted by Welbeck against Real in the Champions League!

I think this is my all time favourite United picture. The ball is already in the back of the net but it's the millisecond before the players react. The looks on the players faces are all brilliant.

the%2520best%2520picture%2520solskjaer.jpg

http://www.football365.com/news/portrait-of-an-icon-eric-cantona

“If ever there was one player, anywhere in the world, that was made for Manchester United, it was Cantona. He swaggered in, stuck his chest out, raised his head and surveyed everything as though he were asking: ‘I’m Cantona. How big are you? Are you big enough for me?'” – Sir Alex Ferguson.

• Advertisement

Yes that's the one, I don't think there are too many other Rooney corners converted by Welbeck against Real in the Champions League!

True, Rooney's corners usually muck and Welbeck usually falls over himself rather than score :pac:

My positive contribution to the end of the thread is we have a full season of frida6night football and fantasy football to look forward too all presented by

160808_riley.jpgphotos upload

Dont get better then that.

TheDoc wrote: »
    That Martial goal was probably the highlight of the Van Gaal era for me. Can't remember going so mental over a goal in a long time.

For all Van Gaal's issue, he did get some cracking results against rivals

beating city 4-2, beating pool every time in the league too.

this goal :

Jay, I can't decide if I'm more excited about Pogba or Rachel on Friday.

rachel_riley_legs_soccer_ladbrokes2.jpg

True, Rooney's corners usually muck and Welbeck usually falls over himself rather than score :pac:

Or we don't usually play Real Madrid in the Champions League.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Great United memories

United/Arsenal 2004/05 season, ending Arsenal's unbeaten run, and the 2011/12 season, August 28th, putting 8 past Arsenal

Jay, I can't decide if I'm more excited about Pogba or Rachel on Friday.

rachel_riley_legs_soccer_ladbrokes2.jpg

Why not both?

My positive contribution to the end of the thread is we have a full season of frida6night football and fantasy football to look forward too all presented by

160808_riley.jpgphotos upload

Dont get better then that.

Don't forget 8 out of 10 cats is also back on Friday nights.A Rachel Riley Threesome.;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

Women are class.

MagicIRL wrote: »
    Women are class.

the picture of her doing keepy uppies is a very close to not safe for work :P

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Great United memories

United/Arsenal 2004/05 season, ending Arsenal's unbeaten run, and the 2011/12 season, August 28th, putting 8 past Arsenal

Another great Rooney ball for that van Persie goal. That pass was absolute perfection. The finish wasn't too bad either.

magnumbud wrote: »
    the picture of her doing keepy uppies is a very close to not safe for work :P

You can see as much leg in the VanPersie Volley video.

Another great Rooney ball for that van Persie goal. That pass was absolute perfection. The finish wasn't too bad either.

I remember watching that game, and as soon as the ball left Rooney's foot, Van Persie on the run, I knew damn well where the ball was gonna end up..

• Advertisement

I submitted that last 'football' post before reading today's thread and seeing the vibe. Good idea to see out this thread, it's been a great one.

I love this photo. RVP got the winner with an injury time deflected free-kick after it looked like we had thrown 3 points away. Rooney put us 2-0 up and City then clawed back to 2-2.

XTOxhay.jpg

RVP really was immense for us that season.

stankratz wrote: »
    I submitted that last 'football' post before reading today's thread and seeing the vibe. Good idea to see out this thread, it's been a great one.

I love this photo. RVP got the winner with an injury time deflected free-kick after it looked like we had thrown 3 points away. Rooney put us 2-0 up and City then clawed back to 2-2.

XTOxhay.jpg

RVP really was immense for us that season.

Isn't Rooney the all time top scorer in Manchester derbys?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

Rooney's debate is often with two extremes and you are definitely in one extreme. Sometimes I even doubt you are Rooney.

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    I remember watching that game, and as soon as the ball left Rooney's foot, Van Persie on the run, I knew damn well where the ball was gonna end up..

It was a beast of a finish alright. Took a hell of a lot of skill to take the ball down from that cross and volley it over the keeper!

Love that pic stankratz. Wasn't that the time Rio got belted with a coin?

Also, even though it's blue flares, I have to say it makes the pic look class. Yeah I accept that they're dangerous and stuff but they look awesome.

93e8f835c907f138342c7a581917d680.jpg

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement