Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2016 - Mod Warning Post #6863

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

RVP's debut goal as well, ooh it was special

Shinji Kagawa's hat trick against Norwich as well, shame it didn't work for him at United..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

Isn't Rooney the all time top scorer in Manchester derbys?

Naughty naughty lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

magnumbud wrote: »
    the picture of her doing keepy uppies is a very close to not safe for work :P

I bet you turned your head slightly to the side.:p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,576 ✭✭✭deaddonkey15

Giggsy11 wrote: »
    Rooney's debate is often with two extremes and you are definitely in one extreme. Sometimes I even doubt you are Rooney.

I'm not Rooney. And if I was one of the extremes I would be blowing Rooney's performances way out of proportion and claiming he was the best player on the pitch and one of the best in the world after every game. You'll notice that I simply dispute and challenge the childish insults and hyperbole whilst also offering a small bit of perspective.

Having said that, whether you like Rooney or not, the pass for that goal was every bit as good as the finish. If Pirlo had setup a goal like that it would be iconic.

It was a beast of a finish alright. Took a hell of a lot of skill to take the ball down from that cross and volley it over the keeper!

A moment of magic from our No. 20 to deliver league title #20 :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Sorry for the quality but my favourite United goal ever. I remember standing up from the couch and applauding.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ASMxxqcofEc

He is afaik, in double figures at this stage. He was severe that day, giving the team a comfortable early lead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭Polo_Mint

Jayop wrote: »
    Jay, I can't decide if I'm more excited about Pogba or Rachel on Friday.

rachel_riley_legs_soccer_ladbrokes2.jpg

.........................................................7OGljtZ.gif

Dont say you weren't thinking about it :D

Angel Di Maria's free kick against QPR

And his chip against Leicester in THAT GAME

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

I'm not Rooney. And if I was one of the extremes I would be blowing Rooney's performances way out of proportion and claiming he was the best player on the pitch and one of the best in the world after every game. You'll notice that i simply dispute and challenge the childish insults and hyperbole whilst also offering a small bit of perspective.

Having said that, whether you like Rooney or not, the pass for that goal was every bit as good as the finish. If Pirlo had setup a goal like that it would be iconic.

I was a big fan of Rooney and argued many times that he should be in the team (That was before last season though) but when someone is talking about RVP and his goals, I don't know why you are just bringing Rooney out of nowhere.

Yeah that pass was a beauty. That season Rooney's contribution was very much underrated.

• Advertisement

RvP was immense that 20 season.

https://gfycat.com/@mu_goals_2/2012-13

Not sure how to embed these in Boards but I'll try to add the VanPersie goals.

stankratz wrote: »
    He is afaik, in double figures at this stage. He was severe that day, giving the team a comfortable early lead.

Yeah Rooney is the leading goalscorer in the Manchester derby with 11 goals.

Erm...Just hearing that Moreno has somehow contrived to dislocate Mane's arm in training for Liverpool and he could be out for a while. Now I don't think any player getting injured is funny in the slightest, but could Moreno do any more to endear himself the the Anfield crowd??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,667 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

Could watch it from this perspective all day

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,830 ✭✭✭Cookie_Dough

I also love this!! The match wasn't great but Eric's belter sealing the win was excellent

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

love this goal, was a massive 3 points as well, probably won us the league.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,531 ✭✭✭magnumbud

zerks wrote: »
    I bet you turned your head slightly to the side.:p

i had to make sure none of the women on my team could see what was on my screen :p

on this best goal ever thing i did 3 days of the camino there a month and a bit back and while hiking the pyrenees i was walking with a manc who is a united fan and we said when we reached the peak we would say our favourite united goal ever

• Registered Users Posts: 3,576 ✭✭✭deaddonkey15

Giggsy11 wrote: »
    I was a big fan of Rooney and argued many times that he should be in the team (That was before last season though) but when someone is talking about RVP and his goals, I don't know why you are just bringing Rooney out of nowhere.

Yeah that pass was a beauty. That season Rooney's contribution was very much underrated.

If anything, I think his contribution the season before was underrated. He scored 34 goals in all competitions if I recall and practically dragged United to the title only to miss out on goal difference to City. Had Fergie played a proper midfield (Pogba) at home to bottom of the table Blackburn, or Joey Barton not gotten sent off on the final day, the recent histories of both clubs could have been very different. Instead, what was probably Rooney's last world class season, was quickly forgotten.

At the risk of coming across as very much in the pro-Rooney camp yet again, I feel that van Persie's contribution to that title winning season is a small bit overrated. Based on Rooney's goals from the season before and the fact that pretty much no one challenged United in that 20th title season which they ended up winning by 11 points, I'm of the opinion that had van Persie not been signed, Rooney would have fired us to the title anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Heading over on Friday, usually go to the Trafford bar but there's not much of an atmosphere there pre-match. How mad does Sam Platts get before games?

Could watch it from this perspective all day

Just brilliant!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

MagicIRL wrote: »
    Women are class.

Heya brinty :)

Jayop wrote: »
    Erm...Just hearing that Moreno has somehow contrived to dislocate Mane's arm in training for Liverpool and he could be out for a while. Now I don't think any player getting injured is funny in the slightest, but could Moreno do any more to endear himself the the Anfield crowd??

Donno what I laughed at more from the past two pages it's between this and Polo_Mint pic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭Flint Fredstone

jayo26 wrote: »
    Donno what I laughed at more from the past two pages it's between this and Polo_Mint pic.

I'd have to go with Moreno injuring Mané. If true some crazy Pool fan will end up assassinating him, he's a walking disaster.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,754 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

If we want Fabinho, then we better hope Villareal win against Monaco. I doubt they will sell if they qualify for CL, after all it is how we got to buy Martial last season. the failure of AS Monaco to win their playoff.

Two matches to watch tonight, Monaco and Dundalk.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

Jayop wrote:

Own goal
    Last minute of Mersey side derby to deny them champions league
    #legend

jayo26 wrote:
    Heya brinty

Just catching up
    Surprised I haven't been warned off even though I've not posted

Rashfords been making #gainz as the kids say these days

He's ****ing eat you./

• Advertisement

Rashfords been making #gainz as the kids say these days

Muscle + his pace, that's a combination that'll give a lot of defenders problems this season, hopefully he starts on Friday night alongside Zlatan..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Muscle + his pace, that's a combination that'll give a lot of defenders problems this season, hopefully he starts on Friday night alongside Zlatan..

No shortage of skill either. Never looks out of place when played wide.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

Henry one of the worst pundits on sky

bangkok wrote: »

And there are a lot of bad pundits on Sky so that's saying something!

• v3ttel wrote: »
    Heading over on Friday, usually go to the Trafford bar but there's not much of an atmosphere there pre-match. How mad does Sam Platts get before games?

Great experience if you have never been.
    Friday evening should be buzzing.
    Stay out in the beer garden it's covered over anyway and that's where all the bantz kicks in.
    Be aware...No pints on tap, only cans of beer unless you head inside into the main bar :P

bangkok wrote: »

Even worse then caragher and nail quinn? I doubt it.

v3ttel wrote: »

I used to always go trafford bar when was meeting one the lads for tickets it usually is dead for games apart from maybe 29 minutes before hand and half hour after.

Can't wait to try somewhere different this time.

Anyone ever see that thing Henry does with his mouth when he laughs? the weirdest shít ever

• Registered Users Posts: 33,754 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

United in Press on MUTV is interesting tonight.
    Currently doing transfer rumours, they seem to be saying there is some credibility to some of the rumours.
    Gabigol who scored over 600 goals in youth football is one which seems it could have some credibility, another is Fonte.
    Neil Custis and the other journalists can't see Blind leaving.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭irishchris

v3ttel wrote: »

Heading myself on Friday but have young fella so won't be making my usual stop off at the trafford bar first this time

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

RobertKK wrote: »
    If we want Fabinho, then we better hope Villareal win against Monaco. I doubt they will sell if they qualify for CL, after all it is how we got to buy Martial last season. the failure of AS Monaco to win their playoff.

Two matches to watch tonight, Monaco and Dundalk.

He scored n all.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Mahrez signs a new contract with Leicester :( Was kind of hoping we'd move for him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Mahrez signs a new contract with Leicester :( Was kind of hoping we'd move for him.

Meh. We were never linked with him so doesn't matter what he has signed really.

Lord TSC wrote:
    Mahrez signs a new contract with Leicester Was kind of hoping we'd move for him.

I'd prefer Micky Ryan Targaryan over Mahrez

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭Trond

Wilson going out on loan again. Derby and Fulham in the running.

Hope he goes to Fulham personally...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,215 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Pretty much every bit of involvement from Keane v Juventus 99, just do yourself a favour and put on different music.

The perfect central midfielder.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users Posts: 941 ✭✭✭pheasant tail

Anyone ever lookup the Bishops blaize on YouTube haha right spot.

Just note for evening games in the Blaize there very often asking for IDs, our passports is the only thing that will cover us! I don't bother with the Blaize anymore, I prefer the Trafford Bar, local raw kinda atmosphere, just hang about the small bar at smoking area, and no big queing which is the worst about the Blaize! Bring on Friday 😊

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,161 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

Pretty much every bit of involvement from Keane v Juventus 99, just do yourself a favour and put on different music.

The perfect central midfielder.

Dreams of being in the same situation next season with Pogba being our Keane this time :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

Just note for evening games in the Blaize there very often asking for IDs, our passports is the only thing that will cover us! I don't bother with the Blaize anymore, I prefer the Trafford Bar, local raw kinda atmosphere, just hang about the small bar at smoking area, and no big queing which is the worst about the Blaize! Bring on Friday 😊

Sam Platts is a great spot pre game as well. Much prefer it over Trafford Bar and the Blaize

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 941 ✭✭✭pheasant tail

I used to always go trafford bar when was meeting one the lads for tickets it usually is dead for games apart from maybe 29 minutes before hand and half hour after.

Can't wait to try somewhere different this time.

Really, last couple of seasons the Trafford bar as been mental as long as your in the right area and it's very easy to mix in. There's a bar at the Trafford stop I was in last year, a bit away from the stadium but it's a very local crowd too but it was great crack before last years Derby. Anyone ever be around Red Square much? I've never been but heard a few on about it lately..

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement