Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2016 - Mod Warning Post #6863

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭Flint Fredstone

Don't know about you guys but I can't friggin' wait to see Pogba play Friday.
    Not my first choice or even the type of midfielder I wanted but he can be box office.

Himself and Ibra will make this team great to watch again if nothing else.

• Registered Users Posts: 941 ✭✭✭pheasant tail

Sam Platts is a great spot pre game as well. Much prefer it over Trafford Bar and the Blaize

Only ever tried it once to be honest. At least you've room to move in it anyway! But if someone was going over for their first ever time I'd probably recommend the Blaize for the experience

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

Ducking raging lads
    I've operation on Friday and overnight stay
    No Wi-Fi in the hospital either
    I'm so annoyed right now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Really, last couple of seasons the Trafford bar as been mental as long as your in the right area and it's very easy to mix in. There's a bar at the Trafford stop I was in last year, a bit away from the stadium but it's a very local crowd too but it was great crack before last years Derby. Anyone ever be around Red Square much? I've never been but heard a few on about it lately..

Well it's been 2 year since I was over last so maybe I'm just out of tune ha.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

brinty wrote: »
    Ducking raging lads
    I'm so annoyed right now

Whack a load of credit on the mobile.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Ducking raging lads
    I'm so annoyed right now
    Download 'Mr Robot' and binge watch. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mr._Robot_(TV_series)

Just one more reason why (and she's a good actress) - http://kingoftheflatscreen.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/07/000000335156-stephanie_corneliussen-fit1-769x1024.jpg

You're welcome, in advance. :)

Jayop wrote:
    Whack a load of credit on the mobile.

I'm on a bill phone
    Grrrrrrrr
    Cost me a fortune last time
    Just praying they'll say you're OK go home

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,383 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Ducking raging lads
    I'm so annoyed right now

Can you ring in sick?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,667 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

Billy86 wrote: »
    Download 'Mr Robot' and binge watch. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mr._Robot_(TV_series)

Just one more reason why (and she's a good actress) - http://kingoftheflatscreen.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/07/000000335156-stephanie_corneliussen-fit1-769x1024.jpg

You're welcome, in advance. :)

She looks like a GTA loading screen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

She looks like a GTA loading screen
    Probably explains why I'd give her a mighty heisting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,754 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Ducking raging lads
    I'm so annoyed right now

Record and avoid the internet.

btw good luck with the operation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,667 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

Billy86 wrote: »
    Probably explains why I'd give her a mighty heisting.

be8fb9ef971f7e4cc603e7b168ce6f76.gif

Ducking raging lads
    I'm so annoyed right now

Finally getting neutered?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,831 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

jayo26 wrote: »
    Even worse then caragher and nail quinn? I doubt it.

He is. He's captain obvious. Like Ray Wilkins. Id have those two down as the worst on sky.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,830 ✭✭✭Cookie_Dough

Ducking raging lads
    I'm so annoyed right now

Hope the op is nothing serious hope all goes well.

Best I can think of is record it and watch on Sat when you're hopefully home (and possibly avoid people and newspaper like the plague :D)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,818 ✭✭✭Chris_Bradley

Looking forward to the game tomorrow night now, the atmosphere I'm sure will be electric.

Anyone else who's going too - enjoy

I'm on a bill phone
    Grrrrrrrr

I know its mean but I did laugh at your predicament ;);)

But seriously do it like the old days and listen to it on talksport or something. I know the matches are blocked over here but I'd say a man of you experience can get around that.

If it makes you feel any better myself and Mrs jayo26 are heading off at half 10 to catch our boat ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,418 ✭✭✭secman

"SNIP ".... you can't be saying that ..:) a cost cutting exercise is allowable:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭JaMarcusHustle

It's great to listen to a match on the radio every now and then. I love when I'm on a long journey in the car and there's a match on the radio.

It's great to listen to a match on the radio every now and then. I love when I'm on a long journey in the car and there's a match on the radio.

Yep same here totally agree.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,818 ✭✭✭Chris_Bradley

Pogba on the bench I'm imagining lads?

jayo26 wrote: »
    I know its mean but I did laugh at your predicament ;);)

But seriously do it like the old days and listen to it on talksport or something. I know the matches are blocked over here but I'd say a man of you experience can get around that.

If it makes you feel any better myself and Mrs jayo26 are heading off at half 10 to catch our boat ;)

I never liked ye anyways jayo26 :mad:

agh joking aside mate enjoy yourself ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

I'm on a bill phone
    Grrrrrrrr

20 euro payg Sim from three will give you unlimited data.

wishful thinking ;)
    Hope the op is nothing serious hope all goes well.

Best I can think of is record it and watch on Sat when you're hopefully home (and possibly avoid people and newspaper like the plague :D)

agh just a load of gall stones coming out of my liver, nothing worth crying about ;) We're breed tough in Meath ;)

Don't have skysports so can't record

Think my monthly mobile data will be all used up on it friday night.

agh just a load of gall stones coming out of my liver, nothing worth crying about ;) We're breed tough in Meath ;)

Don't have skysports so can't record

Think my monthly mobile data will be all used up on it friday night.

Ouch!!
    Crap I don't think MoTD is on until Saturday. I'll be thinking of you while I'm at OT cheering when Zlatan scores his 3rd goal to complete his first hattrick :D

Ouch!!
    Crap I don't think MoTD is on until Saturday. I'll be thinking of you while I'm at OT cheering when Zlatan scores his 3rd goal to complete his first hattrick :D

Make sure you do now cookie dough ;)
    You're only there on my behlaf..
    enjoy yourself, i didn't know you were going too....

wait a second now...
    Jayo26 is also going and said he's bringing his wife who loves footie too.....
    Have you two got something to tell us all????

Are you actually ms jayo26????

• Registered Users Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭ElChe32

giphy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭Lukekul

A summary of Rooneys worst bits last weekend

Yes it brings the debate back, yes it's very one sided, yes it cherry picked.
    But my god it is frustrating to watch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

I've made an awful mess of this start of season. Gave the go ahead to arrange my daughters birthday on Sunday gone(thought match was Sat at 5:30), and said yes to , with tickets booked, to see Brent with mates from work tomorrow! So another recorded viewing.

On the other hand....

194311.jpgvia Imgflip Meme Generator

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Lukekul wrote: »

Ugh had to turn that off halfway through

Rooney is bad enough, seeing a buttery smooth HD high fps footage makes me miss Sky HD so much : /

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,831 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

25% of those I find very frustrating I have to admit... The other 75% are just mistakes or incidents that would happen to most players especially on the first day of the season.

Just my 2 centyz

Make sure you do now cookie dough ;)
    You're only there on my behlaf..
    enjoy yourself, i didn't know you were going too....

wait a second now...
    Jayo26 is also going and said he's bringing his wife who loves footie too.....
    Have you two got something to tell us all????

Haha no...unlucky for him ;):p:D

Haha no...unlucky for him

That's post of the day worthy..

Poor jayo

I was going to compile something like that myself the other day but couldn't be arsed in the end.
    It is cherry picked but it did all happen. There's no camera trickery there. That's on a "not that bad" day too according to some people.

That's post of the day worthy..

Poor jayo

Ah now I hope he knows I don't mean any offence to Mrs Jayo, she's lucky to have him so I believe!

Should be a great one. There seems to be a lot more people going from this thread than usual (although could be just not as many people mention it) :)

• Advertisement

Ah now I hope he knows I don't mean any offence to Mrs Jayo, she's lucky to have him so I believe!

Should be a great one. There seems to be a lot more people going from this thread than usual (although could be just not as many people mention it) :)

ms jayo is lovely by all accounts and thats why i put 2+2 together and came up with you and jayo... obviously i'm not very good with numbers

ms jayo is lovely by all accounts and thats why i put 2+2 together and came up with you and jayo... obviously i'm not very good with numbers

aww thanks. :D:o

Why time are you going under the knife?

aww thanks. :D:o

Why time are you going under the knife?

10 am, scope down the throat no knife this time..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,576 ✭✭✭deaddonkey15

Do Mata and Martial next.

10 am, scope down the throat no knife this time..

Problem solved then, just let them do what they have to do and discharge yourself in time for the game...what could possibly go wrong?! :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,765 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

I know youtube clips can be made to look any player look decent, the contrary is obviously also true, but hey don't usually all come in one game.

One can excuse a few of those as simply things that happen in football, not everything works, but many of them are really no better than pub team level. Yes it's the first match of the season, but unless he hadn't trained at all since the end of last season that cannot be used to excuse the total lack of control.

And we all know that you could use loads of other games to show pretty much the same mistakes. He was pretty poor in the Euros as well for example

Do you have a notification whenever Rooney is mentioned in a negative light on here? I was expecting you to come in posting as soon as he was mentioned.

Any time I've seen you posting in the last days it was been in defense and praise of Rooney where it was in a debate with other posters or in response to videos.

I get it, you think rate Rooney highly and think he's no worse than anybody else in the team. There's no changing your mind and that's fair enough as everybody is entitled to their opinion BUT there's no need to get into a Rooney discussion every time you post. You don't need to keep driving the point home really.

The poster already acknowledged the Rooney clips were cherry picked anyway.

The Rooney argument goes around in circles and there was an attempt yesterday to drag the thread away from the endless Rooney debate by having a lighthearted discussion and posting videos but still you were getting in defence of Rooney. Really everyone here is aware of your stance already.

Can we please not have the Rooney debate again people?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,594 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Not getting into the Rooney debate but why does it matter?

Why can't someone post up criticizing someone without someone else saying but but but [insert other team member here] was ****e too. There has actually been a healthy debate about his performance in the last match over the last couple of days and it has been interesting to see the various opinions.

They way you have been posting in his defence make it look as if he can do no wrong in your eyes and no criticism is allowed of him unless the thread criticises other members of the team also.

Do you have a notification whenever Rooney is mentioned in a negative light on here? I was expecting you to come in posting as soon as he was mentioned.

No, and this was asked of me recently by someone else. I just frequently check this thread, just like you and every other poster. Unfortunately, as I said before, the discussion in here usually involves childish over exaggerations and excessive criticism regarding Rooney. I am entitled to say my piece. I won't post about Rooney if I don't see posts about Rooney, do you understand?
    Any time I've seen you posting in the last days it was been in defense and praise of Rooney where it was in a debate with other posters or in response to videos.

Nothing wrong with that, that's how a discussion forum works.
    I get it, you think rate Rooney highly and think he's no worse than anybody else in the team. There's no changing your mind and that's fair enough as everybody is entitled to their opinion BUT there's no need to get into a Rooney discussion every time you post. You don't need to keep driving the point home really.

If I see the same nonsense written about him day in day out, then I will respond. You have absolutely no right to tell me how to post here.
    The poster already acknowledged the Rooney clips were cherry picked anyway.

But posted them anyway. Maybe you should get on to him instead and tell him not to post about Rooney anymore?
    The Rooney argument goes around in circles and there was an attempt yesterday to drag the thread away from the endless Rooney debate by having a lighthearted discussion and posting videos but still you were getting in defence of Rooney. Really everyone here is aware of your stance already.

Can we please not have the Rooney debate again people?

My post that you quoted contained no reference to Rooney whatsoever.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

The continuation of the Class Of 92 series on BBC is back next Thursday night.

astradave wrote: »

Why can't someone post up criticizing someone without someone else saying but but but [insert other team member here] was ****e too. There has actually been a healthy debate about his performance in the last match over the last couple of days and it has been interesting to see the various opinions.

They way you have been posting in his defence make it look as if he can do no wrong in your eyes and no criticism is allowed of him unless the thread criticises other members of the team also.

And the way others have been posting makes it look as though Rooney can do nothing right (5 yard passes, 2nd touch a tackle etc.), at least my points aren't over exaggerated and untrue. Please post evidence of me saying Rooney can do no wrong. I'm all for criticism of Rooney (a few poor touches on Sunday, an awful cross field pass straight to a Bournemouth player in the 2nd half, drilling a back pass to de Gea after a piss poor shot at the other end) but as long as it's put in perspective. Saying he's holding the team back when other players were playing equally sh*te if not more so is silly. Just like last season where in many games that Rooney didn't play, we were still sh*t and lost.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

astradave wrote: »

The reason to look at other players is context. When you have no experience to know what a low-lights video normally looks like, then to assume that that is a bad one, without comparing it to other examples, is foolish.

Rooney played well on Sunday. The fact that the maker of that video included two shots on target from inside the box as evidence that Rooney played badly is quite telling about the poor level of understanding this criticism is based on.

Folks theres a lovely button there that can be used and hey presto no deaddonkey15 posts..
    first time i've ever used it...
    and i've been tempted

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

That "highlights" reel could be taken from any game over the last few seasons,it is like deja vu watching it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭TheTownie

Pro. F wrote: »
    The reason to look at other players is context. When you have no experience to know what a low-lights video normally looks like, then to assume that that is a bad one, without comparing it to other examples, is foolish.

Rooney played well on Sunday. The fact that the maker of that video included two shots on target from inside the box as evidence that Rooney played badly is quite telling about the poor level of understanding this criticism is based on.

Pro. F, what score out of 10 would you give Rooney for Sunday?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement