Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2016 - Mod Warning Post #6863

1190191192193194196»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,765 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    55714881.jpg

I'm available for Weddings and Bah Mitzvahs, and childrens parties.

I do a great speech on the dangers of modern day secularism, the impending decaying of the sun and the approaching collision with the Andromeda galaxy.

I am thinking of adding a fun segment about the moral decay highlighted by the increasing divide between clubs and supporters brought about by money and the influx of for profit targets at the expense of club identity.

• Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Delboy5

• Registered Users Posts: 941 ✭✭✭pheasant tail

Time to bring the fear factor back to OT tonight

And begin Joses new undefeated home record! Hopefully we will be breaking some positive records this year as appose to the last 3 years. Success again shall taste all the more sweeter, not sure if I appreciated all them titles near enough compared to the next one we win

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

Actually thinking about it last night, pogba is nailed on to start. He is a 23 year old supreme athelete, will probably end up playing the 90mins as well

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,343 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Will be interesting to see how/when Smalling is brought back into the side. I would have said before the season started that Smalling and Bailly were likely to be the starting CB pair - but it does seem that Mourinho has been impressed with the application and performance of Blind, i think Smalling has a proper fight for a first team spot with Bailly and Blind.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,576 ✭✭✭deaddonkey15

bangkok wrote: »
    Actually thinking about it last night, pogba is nailed on to start. He is a 23 year old supreme athelete, will probably end up playing the 90mins as well

Mourinho seemed fairly happy with the performance last week so I'm not sure who he'd drop for Pogba.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Mourinho seemed fairly happy with the performance last week so I'm not sure who he'd drop for Pogba.

My guess is he will start with the same team as Sunday and bring Pogba on for Herrera at some stage in the second half.

Herrera or Fellaini, with my guess being Herrera.

Jose wanted Pogba, badly. To most it looks like Pogba is a key component of what Jose wants to do - and I doubt a decent performance vs Bournemouth is going to dramatically change that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 380 ✭✭Past30Now

I'd guess he'll drop Herrera first, and pair Fellaini with Pogba. A safety first approach.

Ultimately I'd love to see Mourinho give Schneider... Morgan a decent run in the team. He's a much better player than he showed last year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,068 ✭✭✭yermandan

I reckon Pogba will start, score a hat-trick, 2 assists and play for 60 and then Herrera will come on.

At least that's what I need for my fantasy team

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Looking forward to tonight sadly will be in the pub for it but hopeful that it will be a positive result and performance.

It'll probably be Herrera if anyone to make way for Pogba. Mourinho was very happy with Fellaini last week. I reckon it will be the same team that starts though with Pogba to come on in the 2nd half.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,831 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

It'll probably be Herrera if anyone to make way for Pogba. Mourinho was very happy with Fellaini last week. I reckon it will be the same team that starts though with Pogba to come on in the 2nd half.

Pobga, Bailly (replacing Daley), Ibra and Fellaini starting really increases the size of the team significantly!

Nalz wrote: »
    Pobga, Bailly (replacing Daley), Ibra and Fellaini starting really increases the size of the team significantly!

Would Bailly not start with Daley? I don't think Smalling should come straight back in.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Paul Merson on Sky asked to pick a six-a-side team from the United and Southampton teams.

Ibra, Mata, Martial, Fonte, Davis, Fellaini.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Paul Merson on Sky asked to pick a six-a-side team from the United and Southampton teams.

Ibra, Mata, Martial, Fonte, Davis, Fellaini.

Pogba is definitely no Davis innit

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,831 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Would Bailly not start with Daley? I don't think Smalling should come straight back in.

Probably, but I meant going forward. Smalling will eventually come back in I'd say.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

Lord TSC wrote: »

One question... why?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Fellaini?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

Will be interesting to see how/when Smalling is brought back into the side. I would have said before the season started that Smalling and Bailly were likely to be the starting CB pair - but it does seem that Mourinho has been impressed with the application and performance of Blind, i think Smalling has a proper fight for a first team spot with Bailly and Blind.

I am pretty confident that soon enough our CB pairing will be Smalling and Bailly. Maybe Blind isn't doing too bad but Jose will be looking to the future, he will want a settled pairing in defence going forward and I think he will want Smalling and Bailly, so you'll see them sooner rather than later.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Talk from Spain that Valencia want Mata on loan as they can't afford to buy him and they want United to pay a large chunk of his wages too.

http://www.plazadeportiva.com/paco-alcacer-se-queda-en-el-vcf

• Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

zerks wrote: »
    Talk from Spain that Valencia want Mata on loan as they can't afford to buy him and they want United to pay a large chunk of his wages too.

http://www.plazadeportiva.com/paco-alcacer-se-queda-en-el-vcf

Surely that can't be true? Chancers if so.

Don't see the point in loaning Mata, I imagine he will be getting a good bit of football despite rumours going around. Also what's the point in loaning a player that will more than likely would be used and still pay the guts of his wages :P

More speculation about Mata surely means hell start again and score again :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

This could be interesting!

https://twitter.com/SkyFootball/status/766587067992252417
    Ryan Giggs a special guest on the first Friday Night Football as #MUFC host #SaintsFC: http://skysports.tv/5B1Wyz

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

Ryan and Rachel. Awwwwww.

• As much as Rooney had been wrecking my head lately he's still a legend

https://twitter.com/ManUtd/status/766536199733284864

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Is Gary Neville going to be on as well?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Been there and done that :)

Ryan_Giggs_surprises_Rachel_Riley_on_her_1000th.jpgonline photo storage

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭Flint Fredstone

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    As much as Rooney had been wrecking my head lately he's still a legend

https://twitter.com/ManUtd/status/766536199733284864

It's ok to hold the view that he's not good enough anymore while still appreciating that he was one of the best forwards to ever grace the league. An on song Wayne Rooney was a sight to behold.

• Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Delboy5

Not the first time Rachel has had Ryan on.......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,594 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Nice little interview with Herrera here, about Jose and his style of play.

http://www.manutd.com/en/News-And-Features/Football-News/2016/Aug/united-midfielder-Ander-Herrera-reveals-his-discussions-with-Jose-Mourinho-about-his-new-position.aspx
    HERRERA AND MOURINHO AGREE ON POSITION
    Ander Herrera has revealed to MUTV that a conversation with new Manchester United manager Jose Mourinho led to his deeper position in central midfield, with both agreeing he could be an “important player” this season.

The 27-year-old Spaniard started last Sunday’s 3-1 win at Bournemouth as a combative deep-lying midfielder and earned plenty of his praise for his performance at the Vitality Stadium, with Reds legend Gary Neville even naming him his personal Man of the Match on Twitter. During an interview with MUTVahead of Friday’s match with Southampton, Herrera was pleased with his display.

“I had to do a different role in the team and I think I can be important there for the manager,” Ander explained. “I have spoken with the manager and we are agreed with that, that I can be an important player for the team and that I can help the team in that position. I think I can win a lot of balls back for the team. My instinct is to try to win the ball back for the team as quickly as possible.

“I felt really, really good and not only with the ball, but also without it. The team was very compact, you can feel that always you are pressing the ball when you have two or three team-mates close to you, helping you, so I want to keep doing the same and helping the team."

Herrera also spoke about how much the team has already improved this season and outlined how Mourinho had instructed the players to beat Bournemouth by several goals so that United could sit at the top of the Premier League after the first round of fixtures last weekend.

“I feel that the level of the team has gone up,” he said. “I think we can get good things together, we can do something important this season, not only because we have won the last two games. I think if you can see our training sessions every day you feel something special, everyone is happy, we want to play as quickly as possible, we want to keep winning games, we want to be top of the table.

“I remember before the game against Bournemouth, the manager said if we score one goal we have to try to score the second goal because we want to be top of the table right now. So that’s a good mentality I think. But of course we have to keep our feet on the floor because the season is long.”

Looking forward, Herrera is relishing the prospect of playing alongside new signing Paul Pogba, a player he has a lot of admiration for. “I think he’s a top player, maybe one of the best five players in the world that we have with us so it’s very important. He can recover the ball, he can shoot on goal, he can dribble and he can defend so he has everything. We are so lucky because we have him.

"When you think about the best players in the world they are very good but maybe they are very good at specific things. But Paul is good at everything so we are going to enjoy him. As a midfielder I will feel very good if I have the chance to play with him."

The bit in bold sticks out there, shows the difference in the mentality to the last few years

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,522 ✭✭✭dor83

One question... why?
    Probably because it's part of skys fantasy six a side game.

Interesting if Herrera is considered an important member of the team and in a defensive role - cause it opens it up to a partnership with Pogba.

My ideal central midfield is still a midfield three of Herrera, Pogba and Schneiderlin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Really looking forward to the first home game of the season and it will be great to see Jose leading the team out at Old Trafford and Pogba back with his family in an United jersey.

So with about a minute to kickoff tonight, life will stop and I will be getting my ass to the couch.......

carlton_fresh_prince_o.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,765 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

dor83 wrote: »
    Probably because it's part of skys fantasy six a side game.

I think he meant why Paul Merson!:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Really looking forward to this evening.

Would be fantastic to get a good win on the board and relax for the weekend.

I have a newly found confidence in the team that hasn't been around since SAF left.

I've won bets on United the last two weekends so went all out today and put two separate wagers on.

A United win with btts and a United win from -1.

If we do not win I will take full responsibility and will never bet on them again.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Gonna close this one up as we near 10000 posts.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement