Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2016 - Mod Warning Post #6863

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

Giggs should join the Tory party, hang about in the background there for a few years and maybe they will let him be prime minister.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

Excited to see where Giggs goes next with his career. Sounds like he is a bit bitter about not getting the Utd job but it was the right decision. To give him the England job would be even worse but surely the FA wouldn't even consider him......surely right.

My prediction is he will take on a lower/ mid level PL club mid season next season.

England have for as long as I can remember given the job to old men* who are in retirement mode and can add some gravitas. It's a waste of time and in my opinion they need to give it to the best candidate around 40 from the UK with the latest training methods and who will know how to deal with young players.

Not saying that's Giggs, but you know it mightn't be a bad shout./

*Sven aside

EditL: Just realised I was talking bollocks and they probably all just seemed really like old men because I was so young ir because you see pics of them as old men.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭Sirsok

xtal191 wrote: »
    July sometime, 3rd kit released in August

Got the new one today and the blue one online ...fairly happy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,640 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

nice

you probably get this alot but you look quite similar to Shaw

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

The resemblance is there..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Manutd_4life

Jayop wrote: »

EditL: Just realised I was talking bollocks and they probably all just seemed really like old men because I was so young ir because you see pics of them as old men.

Lol it's been a long day my friend but a good one. As long as Giggs doesn't touch our managerial position for the next couple of years, I'll be happy. If he proves he is capable then fair enough, give him the job but at the moment he isn't close to near.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,754 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

The Telegraph are claiming Real Madrid were prepared to offer £60 million for Pogba, but United are already offering £80 million and Real Madrid are no longer interested.
    Real were prepared to go as high as £60 million for Pogba but sources close to Juventus suggested yesterday that United had already offered £80 million for their former player.

It appears that United may even be prepared to go substantially higher to secure the France international, which would mean breaking the world transfer record set when Gareth Bale signed for Real for £86 million. Pogba himself is believed to be content to stay at Juventus but the club may feel United’s offer is too good to refuse.

Indeed, there were suggestions that United executive vice-chairman Ed Woodward will fly back out to Turin next week by which time the club also hope that Borussia Dortmund will have accepted their bid of £31.7 million, plus add-ons, for the 27-year-old attacking midfielder Mkhitaryan. A four-year deal has been offered.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2016/06/30/zlatan-ibrahimovic-joins-jose-mourinhos-old-trafford-revolution/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,233 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

Hose a or jose??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

Good stuff on house. Great to hear.

Cheers kew

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭Sirsok

Headshot wrote: »
    nice

you probably get this alot but you look quite similar to Shaw

Never heard that one I must say! Dont think he would throw his head in like I did though ha!

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Sirsok wrote: »
    Never heard that one I must say! Dont think he would throw his head in like I did though ha!

Those are battle scars Nemanja Vidic would be proud off..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

jayo26 wrote: »
    MEN just did an article about Mickey Ryan's shirt on sale it was 2 hours after everyone else noticed I think it was zerks that wrote it ;);)

Hey,I want a word with you and Paulbok!!!!:P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,992 ✭✭✭paulbok

Hose a or jose??

It's Jose as he is Portuguese
    If he was Spanish he'd be Hose a
    If he was in the fire brigade he'd be hose b

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

Good to see other fans with their usual Jose buys the league when their own team have spent mini fortunes on players.

Btw, Zlatan's wages is around half a million per week. Before season starts it would be around million per week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Giggsy11 wrote: »
    Good to see other fans with their usual Jose buys the league when their own team have spent mini fortunes on players.

Btw, Zlatan's wages is around half a million per week. Before season starts it would be around million per week.

The fear is so real I can taste it tbh.

Jolly good.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭WarZ

Zlatan is a fantastic signing.

It's going to be scary to see how much United will have spent on transfers over the course of 3 seasons by the end of this summer's transfer campaign.

Happy Ibra Day to all MUFC fans here in boardsies!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

zorro2566 wrote:
    Happy Micky Ryan Day to all MUFC fans here in boardsies!

Fyp

• I'm sure I would chuckle a wee bit if someone purchased a Mkhitaryan Jersey and then a week later he ends up signing for Real Madrid or something.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Sirsok wrote: »
    Got the new one today and the blue one online ...fairly happy

You have incredible hair

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Think I'll need to get my Ibrahimovic jersey stat when number is confirmed.

The holy trio of Cantona, Berbatov and Ibrahimovic, my mercurial hat trick completed.

• Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Delboy5

TheDoc wrote: »
    Think I'll need to get my Ibrahimovic jersey stat when number is confirmed.

The holy trio of Cantona, Berbatov and Ibrahimovic, my mercurial hat trick completed.

Rumours are hes getting 9........Martial getting 7

• Registered Users Posts: 5,924 ✭✭✭KH25

Delboy5 wrote: »
    Rumours are hes getting 9........Martial getting 7

I would have thought the same. Memphis to get 14 or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

KH25 wrote: »
    I would have thought the same. Memphis to get 14 or something.

Rags are saying this morning that apparently he is a Liverpool target

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/liverpool-transfer-news-rumours-reds-8314263

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,830 ✭✭✭Cookie_Dough

I see the women's shirts still have the plunging neck line yak! :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Hopefully Memphis stays on! Wonder if they'll give him 11 and toss adnan? Ibra has worn 8,9,10 & 11 in the past so maybe he won't be bothered with the number...

Memphis has worn 7,11,21,22 for Holland and 6,7,21,22 for PSV again doesn't seem he's married to a number.

I also think 8 will become vacant

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Hopefully Memphis stays on! Wonder if they'll give him 11 and toss adnan? Ibra has worn 8,9,10 & 11 in the past so maybe he won't be bothered with the number...

Memphis has worn 7,11,21,22 for Holland and 6,7,21,22 for PSV again doesn't seem he's married to a number.

I also think 8 will become vacant

:(

It would honestly sicken me to see Memphis go to Liverpool and tear it up. Sorry if that sounds too harsh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

I see the women's shirts still have the plunging neck line yak! :eek:

Yak???? Is that your way of saying class?

It would honestly sicken me to see Memphis go to Liverpool and tear it up. Sorry if that sounds too harsh

He won't go there,the bookies made up some odds on it and the papers are jumping on the story.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

dont think he would to be honest, attitude stinks

• Advertisement

https://twitter.com/GFFN/status/748783582823362561

Manchester United & Chelsea have submitted formal offers for Lassana Diarra, according to BeIN Sport

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Yak???? Is that your way of saying class?

No, it wouldn't be something that I would feel comfortable. I prefer a soccer jersey that covers me up! There's a time and a place for plunging necklines and a football match ain't one!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

No, it wouldn't be something that I would feel comfortable. I prefer a soccer jersey that covers me up! There's a time and a place for plunging necklines and a football match ain't one!! :D

The euros say a different story haha

It would look good on Kate Upton though.:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

Nani having a fantastic tournament, such a stupid decision to send him on loan AND pay his wages as part of the Rojo deal

zerks wrote: »
    It would look good on Kate Upton though.:cool:

If you say so :p

Jaysus,the bitterness amongst certain fans is amazing.Had a look in the transfer thread and you'd swear we signed a pensioner and are giving him a million a week.
    Two words to those who say an older player can't do it - Teddy Sheringham.

Here's what Zlatan thinks of those who chat shit.
    giphy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

zerks wrote: »
    Jaysus,the bitterness amongst certain fans is amazing.Had a look in the transfer thread and you'd swear we signed a pensioner and are giving him a million a week.
    Two words to those who say an older player can't do it - Teddy Sheringham.

13501572_1068380293198865_5065636201216941467_n.jpg?oh=4cbdb8c918f909f37b36a9fef619bcbc&oe=58007FCA

I've no doubt fans on our side have done similar

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭j timber

Where did u get the new jersey?

• Advertisement

Hococop wrote: »
    I've no doubt fans on our side have done similar

Henderson? Lol.

200.gif

I did a post in the transfer thread to explain how rich United are, the fact the club is not a bank, so United will spend the excessive amounts of money they make on players and how the club is only getting richer...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Is Mane better then Messi.

Oh, stupid question, course he is

Is Mane better then Messi.

Oh, stupid question, course he is

Depends who you ask :p:D

Here's what Zlatan thinks of those who chat shit.
    giphy.gif[/QUOTE]

What was that incident about?

https://twitter.com/sport_witness/status/748798842485633024

Mourinho and Man United would welcome Varane with 'open arms'. sportwitness.co.uk/mourinho-man-u… via @sport_witness

Varane is to be a life long United fan. Hope Unitrd try, convince and get him.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭IamtheWalrus

This Varane is turning into another Sneijder.

RobertKK wrote: »

Mourinho and Man United would welcome Varane with 'open arms'. sportwitness.co.uk/mourinho-man-u… via @sport_witness

The article says he is waiting to see if Zidane will guarantee more playing time.If not,we should be all over this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,640 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

RobertKK wrote: »

I would welcome him with open arms too

https://twitter.com/samuelluckhurst/status/748816207860539392

Central midfield is Jose's next priority.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,948 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Yeah I can't wear my one to football training coz it needs a top underneath it and my sports bra comes up higher than the neck line. Very disappointing. :(

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement