Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2016 - Mod Warning Post #6863

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

TheDoc wrote: »
    Teams

Oh Doc, that second team.

giphy.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Pickpocket wrote: »
    So Mourinho lands a few digs on LVG at his very first press conference at OT. A former colleague, and by his own admission a mentor, and someone that was only ever civil toward him over the past two seasons.

What a vile and loathsome little bastard. I cannot believe he's managing Manchester United, and the amount of people on here that are lapping it up is turning my stomach.

Let's hope he's an absolutely sensational manager for us, because a champagne shower is the only thing that will wash the grime off us in three seasons when he's walking away from another controversy.

From Alex Ferguson to Jose Mourinho. Wow.

It's is football, it is sport and it is a pass time it gives you no right to call someone a name like that, you are something really low that I would not write here because i would get a card I hope your pulled up on it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭Pickpocket

He can teabag LVG and post pictures online of it for all I care.

A club that's increasingly without class and a spoiled and ruthless fan base. The perfect home for an undeniably talented, but odious little man.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,754 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

So Mourinho lands a few digs on LVG at his very first press conference at OT. A former colleague, and by his own admission a mentor, and someone that was only ever civil toward him over the past two seasons.

What a vile and loathsome little bastard. I cannot believe he's managing Manchester United, and the amount of people on here that are lapping it up is turning my stomach.

Let's hope he's an absolutely sensational manager for us, because a champagne shower is the only thing that will wash the grime off us in three seasons when he's walking away from another controversy.

Ever consider LVG was bitter over being sacked for not being upto the job and didn't take things well, maybe had a row with Mourinho who might have phoned him and they are no longer friends?
    We don't know what happened their relationship, it probably isn't the best now, but we had three years of failure irrespective of an FA cup win.
    That is not the mentality Mourinho wants his team to remember.

It is not like Fergie wasn't ruthless or sharp with his tongue. Fergie and Mourinho are two peas in the same pod.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,754 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

This is the problem I have with Pogba. And I guess its kinda up in the air until we see pre-season, but we can only assume Mourinho will play a 4-3-3 or 4-2-3-1. And 4-2-3-1 feels more like his latest comfort. (I used to love his chelsea MK1 4-3-3-)

I don't think that is what Pogba does well. He has underwhelmed me in this Euros when France have gone 4-2-3-1, and he is sitting deep. He looks much better in a 4-3-3. What do Juventus use? I've seen him sometimes for them and he is marauding up and down. Maybe he can do that in a 4-2-3-1, with Schneiderlan covering as a sole DM.

Assuming we land Pogba(lolz) I can see a start of season like this

577ba5efbfc8d.jpg

Then developing over the course of the season to this

577ba65775d22.jpg

Or if the 4-2-3-1 is kept, then Rooney dropping out for Micky, with Memphis coming in. Can't believe Memphis won't feature so much more this season. Looks hungry and determined to put things right. Might even suit with all these big singings coming in taking the focus.

The second team lacks Martial...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭Pickpocket

jayo26 wrote: »
    It's is football, it is sport and it is a pass time it gives you no right to call someone a name like that, you are something really low that I would not write here because i would get a card I hope your pulled up on it.

You're right, and I apologise. I won't edit the post but perhaps the Mods will recognise my contrition.

There's a long list of derogatory terms that would accurately describe Jose Mourinho. There was no need for me depart from the truth.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Epic press conference, loved it.

I liked how he nailed everything today.

Rooney sorted
    Ambition sorted
    Giggs sorted
    Transfer plans sorted
    Dig at wengner sorted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,850 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

jayo26 wrote: »

You're right, and I apologise. I won't edit the post but perhaps the Mods will recognise my contrition.

There's a long list of derogatory terms that would accurately describe Jose Mourinho. There was no need for me depart from the truth.

Did you see the press conference ? There is nothing Mourinho said that anyone could have taken direct offence to. Nothing that he said that in my view wasn't correct. Hiding behind a philosophy was exactly what LVG did and blamed his players often in public (remember the Bastian presser) and always held the attitude that his philosophy and if things didn't go right it's the players fault.

I'm not saying that Jose hasn't done things that have been in very bad taste and I'd be as critical of him now as when he did them... a little context...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,446 ✭✭✭glued

Thankfully we now seem to have a manager with some sense who knows what he wants from the team. LVG was proven to be far too ingrained in his football philosophy.

Rooney should never be a midfielder. His performances there have been very poor bar one or two outings. At least we seem to be getting a midfielder in. I wouldn't be too confident going into the season having to rely on Carrick, Fellaini, Schneiderlinn, Blind and Herrera.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭0gac3yjefb5sv7

Hahahahah LOL.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,161 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

Here

04705F200000044D-2874319-image-a-26_1418641497261.jpg

giphy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 6,586 ✭✭✭jaykay74

Pickpocket wrote:
    Drivel

Pfft... Your post is bad and you should feel bad

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

RobertKK wrote: »
    The second team lacks Martial...

I expect at some point Martial to hit a slump or form, injury or just tiredness and needing to sit out. Only recently gone 20? He played a lot of games for his first season involved in English football.

I think if Memphis recaptures previous form, he will operate on the left ahead of Martial at a point. Like that ****ing hell who knows, but I'd be surprised if Martial doesn't have some bench time this season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

I expect at some point Martial to hit a slump or form, injury or just tiredness and needing to sit out. Only recently gone 20? He played a lot of games for his first season involved in English football.

I think if Memphis recaptures previous form, he will operate on the left ahead of Martial at a point. Like that ****ing hell who knows, but I'd be surprised if Martial doesn't have some bench time this season.

maybe cup games or europa league, but i would expect martial to be involved in most league games this season and he can be rested for europa league games

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

Pros: Talking of fighting for the league, not playing Rooney in midfield

Con: Possibly taking swipes at previous Man UTD managers. Will give him the benefit that they weren't carefully worded jibes for now.

Happy enough with what I've heard. Glad he had good words to say about Giggs. It's still early days and as someone who was against Mourinho's appointment I'd say it's very easy to have a good press conference before your team kicks a ball. If this was mid season and we were losing there would have been groans about him digging out a page listing all him promoted academy players.

A big pro for me outside of the conference is just how little (read: none) media time De Gea and Madrid are getting now he's out of the Euros.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,992 ✭✭✭paulbok

This is the problem I have with Pogba. And I guess its kinda up in the air until we see pre-season, but we can only assume Mourinho will play a 4-3-3 or 4-2-3-1. And 4-2-3-1 feels more like his latest comfort. (I used to love his chelsea MK1 4-3-3-)

I don't think that is what Pogba does well. He has underwhelmed me in this Euros when France have gone 4-2-3-1, and he is sitting deep. He looks much better in a 4-3-3. What do Juventus use? I've seen him sometimes for them and he is marauding up and down. Maybe he can do that in a 4-2-3-1, with Schneiderlan covering as a sole DM.

Assuming we land Pogba(lolz) I can see a start of season like this

577ba5efbfc8d.jpg

Then developing over the course of the season to this

577ba65775d22.jpg

Or if the 4-2-3-1 is kept, then Rooney dropping out for Micky, with Memphis coming in. Can't believe Memphis won't feature so much more this season. Looks hungry and determined to put things right. Might even suit with all these big singings coming in taking the focus.

And the bench with that second team;
    Romero
    Blind
    Carrick
    Swiensteiger
    Rooney
    Martial
    Rashford

That's leaving out Rojo, Fellaini, Young, Jones, Valencia, the youngster's (assuming only Mata leaves and no-one else comes in).

You'd have confidence in that bench if things weren't going your way.

• jayo26 wrote: »
    I liked how he nailed everything today.

Rooney sorted
    Ambition sorted
    Giggs sorted
    Transfer plans sorted
    Dig at wengner sorted.

Dig at Wenger? Really?? Lol
    I've yet to see the presser will see it when I'm home

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭weisses

paulbok wrote: »
    And the bench with that second team;
    Romero
    Rojo
    Carrick
    Swiensteiger
    Rooney
    Martial
    Rashford

That's leaving out Fellaini, Young, Jones, Valencia, the youngster's (assuming only Mata leaves and no-one else comes in).

You'd have confidence in that bench if things weren't going your way.

Blind ?..... Never mind Saw the edit

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

M!Ck^ wrote: »

Asked if he had something to prove after the last few months at Chelsea:

“There are some managers that the last time they won a title was 10 years ago. Some of them the last time they won a title was never. The last time I won a title was one year ago, not 10 years ago or 15 years ago so if I have a lot to prove, imagine the others.”

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,726 ✭✭✭roosterman71

I loved that press conference. He has such a desire to win, lets hope he gets that across to the players. His presser went pretty much the same as mine when I take over Man Utd in Football Manager.
    "I'm gonna be the best"
    "I'll sell whoever I want"
    "I want to win, and I don't care who I have to crush to do it"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

M!Ck^ wrote: »

Jose-Mourinho-press-conference-arsene-wenger.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

“There are some managers that the last time they won a title was 10 years ago. Some of them the last time they won a title was never. The last time I won a title was one year ago, not 10 years ago or 15 years ago so if I have a lot to prove, imagine the others.”

I get Jose has a bit of an obsession with pointing out to everyone how he's so much more successful than Wenger. That was to be expected really.

Having a pop at the outgoing manager was low though. Especially given their relationship.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

I don't think it was aimed directly at Wenger....... seeing as it's 12 years (2004) since he's won the title, not 10.

;)

gosplan wrote: »
    I get Jose has a bit of an obsession with pointing out to everyone how he's so much more successful than Wenger. That was to be expected really.

Having a pop at the outgoing manager was low though. Especially given their relationship.

I think he was reflecting on the last 3 seasons of absolute mediocrity,I doubt it was personal.People are saying he's a horrible person and wants to win at all costs - we had somebody pretty similar in charge for 26 years,that wasn't so bad for us.

Jose-Mourinho-press-conference-summer-signings.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 28 carlo5

What about Andre Gomes?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Loving the Mourinho ruthlessness

It's the difference between signing Ibrahimovic and failing to sign Jamie Vardy

The difference between talking nonsense all season lowering expectations despite spending a mind boggling amount and actually winning a title

Can't wait for it to all begin

• Advertisement

zerks wrote: »

super signing, delighted for Nani, always liked him as a person and player and he is having a super european championship.

we sold him for peanuts, joke of a sale

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭Bradz213

Everywhere posting that Pogba is the 4th when it could be Lozano.

Liking the look of one of the teams posted above but with Martial in for Depay.
    DDG
    Darmian--Smalling--Bailly--Shaw
    Schneiderlin
    Pogba--Herrera
    ---Mkhitaryan--Zlatan--Martial

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

zerks wrote: »

Didn't last too long in Turkey.

Proof we were right to get rid.

Re Jose's presser and the perceived dig at LVG.

Much ado about nothing IMO.

He just said that he isn't tied a philosophy or some rigid ideology.

Hardly a massive slight against LVG.

Most of us were bemoaning the bloody philosophy for the last 12 months!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

gosplan wrote: »

Arsenal are really obsessed with word obsessed and think everything is about them.

huh?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

Bradz213 wrote: »
    Everywhere posting that Pogba is the 4th when it could be Lozano.

Liking the look of one of the teams posted above but with Martial in for Depay.
    DDG
    Darmian--Smalling--Bailly--Shaw
    Schneiderlin
    Pogba--Herrera
    ---Mkhitaryan--Zlatan--Martial

It's not Lozano, i think those reports are mostly made up.

Better team is signing Nani, it's a step up from Turkish league.

did Jose not say he wanted 4 players and then the market is still open?

4 being

Ibrahimovic
    Bailly
    Mkhitayran
    Pogba

and then a few other cheap player Lozano being one

• Advertisement

bangkok wrote: »
    huh?

He did not last in the Turkish league.

That leads me to conclude that if he was not good enough for Turkish league he certainly is not good enough for us.

Particularly on the stupid wages / contract Moyes agreed with him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

4 being

Ibrahimovic
    Bailly
    Mkhitayran
    Pogba

I thought he said 4 positions were targeted(3 of which have been filled)and if players left they would be replaced.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,346 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

4 being

Ibrahimovic
    Bailly
    Mkhitayran
    Pogba

My interpretation was the 4 you mentioned (or some replacement for Pogba) and then any more incomings will be dependent on which players are unhappy/want to leave. It might not be the case, but I think that is the idea Mourinho was trying to put out there.

That leads me to conclude that if he was not good enough for Turkish league he certainly is not good enough for us.

he was too good for the league, thats why he is leaving

adox wrote: »
    I thought he said 4 positions were targeted(3 of which have been filled)and if players left they would be replaced.

No, it was more along the lines of, we have 4 key target positions. 3 out of 4 are done. We will get the 4th done early. Then we can relax. Then if anything else pops up, it's a bonus.

Giggsy11 wrote: »
    Better team is signing Nani, it's a step up from Turkish league.

2nd in the Turkish league to 12th in La Liga.

I'm failing to see much / any difference tbh.

Arguably today's Valencia is a step down considering no European football.

• Advertisement

By all means I think nani has taken a step back up the ladder .. we were right to get rid but he is better then Turkish or Portuguese leagues.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

What are you even on about? What did Moyes agree with him? How is scoring 15 goals with 10 assists and then moving to a bigger club in a bigger league evidence that he failed in Turkey?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,346 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

I just can't agree with this logical leap here...

Better global exposure and closer to home being in Valencia

Still a step up. If ManUtd sign someone from Lyon, Monaco do you call it as step down?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement