Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2016 - Mod Warning Post #6863

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

astradave wrote: »
    But why do the players need to have to have made their debut under hI'm, the arguement is that he doesn't trust youth players..

Jose is going to get over analysed because he is seen by many as being a gowl.

Now that he has joined us he is a double gowl for many more.

Everything he says will be picked apart by his haters and rival fans, its going to be for for the course because he isn't seen as a "nice guy" like Pep.

Interestingly Pep was interviewed by one of the lads from Oasis yesterday evening and he had a bit of a jab at United not being in the CL.

Harmless stuff really but if it was Jose saying it about a rival it would be back page news.

Comes with the territory.

• jayo26 wrote: »
    The only way he needs to back up anything is with trophies.

He made an excellent point yesterday in the reasons people give youth a chance and the difference in him always been under pressure to win and less Injuries means he Hasn't needed to go to youths as much.

We seen that with lvg last season Rashford would never of got a chance only that keane and martial got inured before him and rooney was out too.

The fact that jose is talking about Rashford as his second striker I'm happy with it he will get plenty of game time and the attention will all be on zlatan it's perfect as long as he doesn't play rooney there when zlatan isn't playing.

He made it a point to highlight the fact he has apparently blooded 49 players with a list. Trophies that's fine I'm not talking about that.
    Why make the statement at all if it's simply very light in it's facts when you actually read into it?

I understand his point to an extent but it's a style of his management that's not very fleshed out. What he says about giving youth a chance across all management styles is not universal. Just because Jose says so does't make it a a fact.

To note I'm not comparing him to LVG either. That's in the past.

I admit, he's made a good start by identifying targets and getting business done early but I'm still an advocate of mixing in big names with up and coming talent.

• Jose is going to get over analysed because he is seen by many as being a gowl.

Now that he has joined us he is a double gowl for many more.

Everything he says will be picked apart by his haters and rival fans, its going to be for for the course because he isn't seen as a "nice guy" like Pep.

Interestingly Pep was interviewed by one of the lads from Oasis yesterday evening and he had a bit of a jab at United not being in the CL.

Harmless stuff really but if it was Jose saying it about a rival it would be back page news.

Comes with the territory.
    TBF dude, I'm not a "hater". He just wasn't my preferred choice.
    And I'm just critical of some of his choices in the past.
    As a fan I'm on-board just not as easy to except everything he does as glorious.
    As I stated already he's already made a very impressive start with both transfers and with the media bar the youth piece IMO.
    Let's hope he makes a blistering start to the season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,346 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

The problem with youth player arguments is it generally ignores talent levels. Look at Chelsea after either Mourinho stint - what players have come though? Who has proven him wrong? If he doesn't make Varela second choice RB is it a failure of Mourinho or down to Varela simply not being that good?

I would expect Rashford and TFM to get chances this season under him, Rashford more than just chances, as they are (imo) talented enough. But I'd not be surprised if McNair, Keane or CBJ saw nothing - cause I personally don't think they are good enough.

With LVG, i could never buy playing Reece James or McNair as something to get behind - or playing Weir or Goss for a few minutes in the cup.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,582 ✭✭✭NoviGlitzko

Breaking news on SS. Messi handed 21 month prison sentence for tax-fraud. WTF?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

Why does bringing through young players matter?

Like if you're the biggest club on the planet and have something rediculous like 200million a year to spend on finished products, then why does bringing through youth become a priority?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,582 ✭✭✭NoviGlitzko

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    ???
    Reports on twitter now that he won't actually serve prison time. Pistorius's 6 year jail term is actually 3 years in prison. These 'sentences' are confusing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,830 ✭✭✭Cookie_Dough

bangkok wrote: »

Wow :eek: He probably wont do time for it though. I wonder if his credibility will plummet Madness

• Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭TheTownie

Reports on twitter now that he won't actually serve prison time. Pistorius's 6 year jail term is actually 3 years in prison. These 'sentences' are confusing.

Or they'll build a prison in Camp Nou and just keep him there :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,595 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Macherano got similar didn't he.. he won't actually have to serve any time.. weird how they work in tax cases over there

astradave wrote: »
    Macherano got similar didn't he.. he won't actually have to serve any time.. weird how they work in tax cases over there

Seemingly it is a general thing - no sentence under 2 years (for a first offence) is served.

So he would have been deliberately given a sentence under 2 years to (1) give him a sentence and make some sort of statement and (2) not actually be sent to prison.

Basically he has been order to pay a fine, and any further fraud issues would result in jail time.

But remember that time Ronaldo berated himself for missing rather than celebrate a team mate scoring? WHAT A D***.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭Pickpocket

jayo26 wrote: »
    The daily male had 55 players from the list and they all played under mourinho so obviously the press can't even count right along with jose ha.

Actually, the Guardian don't use the number 49. I don't know where I got the from. I'm as bad as the rest by the looks of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭Flint Fredstone

Nice guy though...
    28.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

But isnt Messi an angel while Ronaldo is the devil?

I`m confused.

adox wrote: »

I`m confused.

I bet he was not paying tax money cause he was using that money to feed starving kids in Argentina. What a hero.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭Polo_Mint

Wow :eek: He probably wont do time for it though. I wonder if his credibility will plummet Madness

Gets 21 months instead of 24 hence :

Under the Spanish system, prison terms under two years can be served under probation.

Polo_Mint wrote: »
    Gets 21 months instead of 24 hence :

Under the Spanish system, prison terms under two years can be served under probation.

Isn't it great how people manage to get around these things when they're rich and famous :rolleyes: Can't believe he's on probation after committing tax fraud to the tune of millions, but sure he "knew nothing about" his affairs so it's grand I suppose.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭Polo_Mint

Isn't it great how people manage to get around these things when they're rich and famous :rolleyes: Can't believe he's on probation after committing tax fraud to the tune of millions, but sure he "knew nothing about" his affairs so it's grand I suppose.

Probation is not confirmed yet but I would think its the reason for the 21 months

Thats the life of the rich & famous

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

TBF dude, I'm not a "hater". He just wasn't my preferred choice.
    And I'm just critical of some of his choices in the past.
    As a fan I'm on-board just not as easy to except everything he does as glorious.
    As I stated already he's already made a very impressive start with both transfers and with the media bar the youth piece IMO.
    Let's hope he makes a blistering start to the season.

Ah I know that Micko, it was more a general comment as opposed to being directed at anyone in particular!

:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

adox wrote: »

I`m confused.

Keep saying it, that club and loads of its players, in my lifetime it will all come out.

On a potential plus side, wonder if when Brexit happens would Messi be denied entry to the UK while serving his probation. Make those CL ties a bit easier :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

His suspended sentence will be up before Brexit happens

also, if and when Brexit happens the 3 foreigners rule is going to screw over English clubs more than a suspended sentence for Messi will screw Barca

• Pogba has stopped following Juve on Twitter....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,640 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Pogba has stopped following Juve on Twitter....

its on like donkey kong

but jokes aside, I thought he never followed them lol

also, if and when Brexit happens the 3 foreigners rule is going to screw over English clubs more than a suspended sentence for Messi will screw Barca

What is you wierd obsession with Messi today you have posted multiple times about it in at least too threads now..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Polo_Mint wrote: »
    Probation is not confirmed yet but I would think its the reason for the 21 months

Thats the life of the rich & famous

The under 24 months for probation only applies to fraud cases.

So for example if you u got under 24 months for armed robbery you would serve it but if you get under 24 months for fraud as in messi and his dad's case then it's a suspended sentence.

But he is still a convict with a criminal record in Spain and I love it ha ha.

To be fair he is playing in the best team he won't be out of place beside the racist that goes around biting people.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,213 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

That was a UEFA rule not an English rule.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭IamtheWalrus

Train journey imminent?

• I bet he was not paying tax money cause he was using that money to feed starving kids in Argentina. What a hero.

This might sound like a dopey question but;

I assume Messi won't be available for selection by Barca for two years??
    And I assume they could retrospectively punish him??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,768 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

In spain if its under 24 months its a suspended sentance

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

Ah would yous leave Messi alone ffs

He was taking that tax and pumping it directly into his charity.

The "Leo needs a 7th home" charity. Show some class.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

https://twitter.com/MailSport/status/750661506409398272

Boro want RVP.

I wonder if like Nani he's not good enough for the Turkish League;)

Reports also that PSG want Schweinsteiger.

MagicIRL wrote: »
    Ah would yous leave Messi alone ffs

He was taking that tax and pumping it directly into his charity.

The "Leo needs a 7th home" charity. Show some class.

2wfs286.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,831 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

It has its own thread

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

No he hasn't. He will stay at Juventus. They always sell players on their own terms.

MD1990 wrote: »
    No he hasn't. He will stay at Juventus. They always sell players on their own terms.

And their terms could be 100million, which United might pay.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,789 ✭✭✭Coat22

zerks wrote: »

Boro want RVP.

Valdes is following Boro

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Nalz wrote: »
    It has its own thread

Dont want to have to deal with a load of Messi lick arses

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭Pickpocket

So the Guardian have went through Jose's list one by one. They claim the list was circulated by United, which is a little bit silly. They've picked their new manager. They should have the confidence in their decision without pandering to the media like this, even if it was at Jose's insistence.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/jul/06/jose-mourinho-list-young-players-fact-fiction

The best is surely Arjen Robben, who had played 127 times in the Dutch league (including landing a league title with PSV) and was also part of the Dutch Euro 2004 squad. Eagled-eyed Mourinho, he must have been watching him on Football Manager since 2001.

Fair play to Jose though, he's only one day in the job and he has journalists frantically researching trivial crap to try prove him wrong. Despite my reservation about him as a person, I'm sure glad to see a manager that knows how to work the media. LVG had the right approach at times, but unfortunately he'd none of the wit.

zerks wrote: »

Boro want RVP.

Coat22 wrote: »
    Valdes is following Boro

'Boro will become the Renford Man United Rejects! In fairness, RVP and Valdes would be good signings for them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

Boys, breaking news!

I have started following Manchester United on Twitter AND Instagram. Make of that what you will. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,789 ✭✭✭Coat22

MagicIRL wrote: »
    Boys, breaking news!

I have started following Manchester United on Twitter AND Instagram. Make of that what you will. :cool:

That you've started following a club you support on social media?

Now if you were an unattached professional footballer looking for a new club and randomly added a professional football club in a foreign country to make them one of only 58 accounts you follow......that might be different

so they are saying renato sanches is actually 24?!

• Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Delboy5

Craig Norwood ‏@CraigNorwood 50s50 seconds ago
    Henrikh Mkhitaryan transfer to Manchester United is done.

• Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Delboy5

And now official...

We can confirm #MkhitaryanIsRed! Read the full statement as @HenrikhMkh completes his move: http://bit.ly/29mNLcZ

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

Our most exciting signing so far this summer now one more and we be done.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭ElChe32

Get in!

giphy.gif

https://twitter.com/HenrikhMkh/status/750698938534100993

"A dream come true! So happy to join @ManUtd, a club I always admired for its history & fans!"

• Advertisement

Jose with the belly sucked in :pac:

CmsElkhWcAAKRTU.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement