Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2016 - Mod Warning Post #6863

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭ElChe32

Like a woman after going through a dry spell..we've finally got our mickey.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

ElChe32 wrote: »
    Like a woman after going through a dry spell..we've finally got our mickey.

Can we rename the thread to this for the rest of the week? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,531 ✭✭✭magnumbud

jayo26 wrote: »
    Our most exciting signing so far this summer now one more and we be done.

we had 4 players signed by the 16th of july last year....... so they have work to do to match :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

What a window this is for ManUtd. Jose, Zlatan, Mkhitaryan confirmed in 40 days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

Giggsy11 wrote: »
    What a window this is for ManUtd. Jose, Zlatan, Mkhitaryan confirmed in 40 days.

Eric Bailly as well

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

bangkok wrote: »
    Eric Bailly as well

Yeah but I never heard his name before our interest. I was talking about big players whom I never thought will be at ManUtd just a year or 2 back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭Claude Burgundy

Giggsy11 wrote: »
    Yeah but I never heard his name before our interest. I was talking about big players whom I never thought will be at ManUtd just a year or 2 back.

I thought you were gone ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭Claude Burgundy

Anyone know the release date of the home kit, my son is annoying the $hite out of me looking for it !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,460 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

jose-mourinho-manchester-united-shirt-press-media-contract-deal_3473781-480x360.jpg

Manchester-Uniteds-new-signing-Eric-Bailly-is-unveiled-at-Old-Trafford.jpg

35DCCE5B00000578-3669894-image-a-2_1467395025033.jpg

Manchester-United-sign-Henrikh-Mkhitaryan.jpg

?????
    pogba_2087494c.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,460 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

And it's only the 6th of July!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

MickeyRyan's first interview is on at half four on MUTV.

stankratz wrote:

'Mickey Ryan' is the limit of my efforts until we sign him.

tG4FFFb.png

Welcome to Manchester, Henrikh Mkhitaryan. My own memory aid for the spelling, in case it helps anyone else...

'Mk' - Dons, won't be forgetting them for a long time.
    'hit-a-ryan' - Most people know a Ryan they would like to hit on occasion.

I'm really delighted with this signing, and the clubs business in particular so far this Summer. After the last few years, it's nice to be feeling like this for a bit...

gZ2EZuD.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

MKHitARyan spelling is all well and good. I've still no clue as to how to pronounce it.

Jayop wrote: »
    MKHitARyan spelling is all well and good. I've still no clue as to how to pronounce it.

Mick-ih-tear (as in to rip)-Ian

...I think

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭U.P.O.

From the man himself https://vine.co/v/5atBx62lvBB

MagicIRL wrote: »

...I think

tear???

WTF?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

He had better perform well enough to justify me having to remember how to spell and pronounce his name. Or else.

Mik-Hittar-ian

Phonetically

Mick-heat-are-ee-an

...I think

Ouch, squirming here.

• Advertisement

bangkok wrote: »
    Phonetically

Mick-heat-are-ee-an

Thank You

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,943 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

We're gonna win the league lads

stankratz wrote: »
    Thank You

181765-You-ll-Have-To-Speak-Up-I-m-Wearing-A-Towel.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭Bradz213

The Micky Ryan sh*t bugging me already. We've heard enough about Ryan's mickey in recent years

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,765 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

So what will be the front set up, and where does Rooney fit in? Jose seemed to say yesterday that Rashford is 2nd striker to Zlatan, so I assume we have

Zlatan (Rashford as sub)
    Martial MRyan

Memphis Matudie Morgan

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,776 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

The 'Mickey Ryan' thing is another one of those things where if I had my way ye'd all be killed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭stesaurus

keane2097 wrote: »
    The 'Mickey Ryan' thing is another one of those things where if I had my way ye'd all be killed.

Ah come on, Mickey Ryan, Mike Smalling or even Owen Goals we're a hilariously clever bunch here :D

I just keep reading this as if Brendan Grace in Fr. Ted is saying it! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 33,754 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

The nickname his team mates at Dortmund used was Micki. I missed the announcement as I watched Cilic v Federer, talk about doing everything to lose the hard way...

I believe we will sign Pogba, too much money involved for it not to happen for Raiola, and only United prepared to pay the fee, agent fee and wage that is being asked for.
    The question will be who will he play with in midfield, at least it is not Rooney, never liked that idea, even if he had a few good games there but thankfully Mourinho put that idea in a coffin and buried it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

U.P.O. wrote: »
    From the man himself https://vine.co/v/5atBx62lvBB

Now we just need Zlatan to release a video saying how to pronounce his name too as a joke :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭fatherted1969

Get the feeling that it's the agent that wants Pogba to sign and not Pogba himself. Think he'd sooner go to Madrid and if that's the case I'd rather not have him. Smell of Di Maria all over it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Delighted to see that United have updated the jersey of our latest signing.....

fYBJdNo.jpg

:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Not getting carried away with it.

Van Gaal's first summer we got Shaw, Herrera, Rojo, Blind, Di Maria and Falcao. I'm more interested to see Mourinho getting a response from the existing squad and then the compliment of new players.

Although at the same time, Zlatan trumps all.

I just keep reading this as if Brendan Grace in Fr. Ted is saying it! :D

"Young fellas running around in shorts! Is that the kind of thing ye're into now?"

• Advertisement

**** sake, if ye are going to compare it to a Brendan Grace in Father Ted line the correct one is obviously

Death might be too good for some of ye.

Mkhitaryan says he is friends with Januzaj and after Adnan had returned from Dortmund they stayed in touch with Januzaj asking him if he would be joining them.

Be interesting to see if Jose can resurrect Januzaj's career.

A claim by AS in Spain that United have bid €115 million for Pogba after €95 million was rejected.

http://en.as.com/en/2016/07/06/football/1467807936_823311.html
    The French midfielder is a favourite of Zinedine Zidane, but Mourinho is out to lay down a marker at Manchester United, and an offer has been tabled at around €115 million after a €95M bid was rejected.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭Flint Fredstone

RobertKK wrote: »

It's a waste of a good chant as it stands...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭TheTownie

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

I'm not going to lie lads, I'm very excited.

Seeing Henry play last season I thought to myself he would be a whopper signing for United.

But like Ronaldinho, Robben and Sneijder before him, I didn't want to get my hopes up only to see them dashed when a rival swoops in and signs them with no fuss while we fanny around.

Thank you jose and thank you Ed, you've made me very very happy.

crying-tears-of-joy-gif-i9.gif

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,424 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Martial, Zlatan, Mkhitaryan.

Not the front line I expected this time last year :eek:

Jose: http://www.manutd.com/en/News-And-Features/Football-News/2016/Jul/Jose-Mourinho-tells-MUTV-why-he-signed-Henrikh-Mkhitaryan.aspx?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=post&utm_campaign=ManUtd
    “Micki is a fantastic player and what I like more is something that is undeniable, which is the number of goals that he scores by not being a striker. His number of goals per season is really high for somebody that is not a striker. The number of assists is also very clear because it shows clearly his creativity, his vision and his concept of collective play, and that is something that I believe is really important for a club like us.

“We try to be dominant and will, for sure, face teams with a very defensive profile which is his capacity of acceleration of the game. He has a change of speed with the ball and without the ball, and that is very, very important for a club like ours.”

On the Wednesday night phone in on MUTV, the fly is back in the studio...and they dropped enough hints that the 4th player is Pogba without saying his name, they seem confident.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

On the Wednesday night phone in on MUTV, the fly is back in the studio...and they dropped enough hints that the 4th player is Pogba without saying his name, they seem confident.

What kinda things were they saying? The miss's is watching big brother so I smog course in a different room to that non-sence

MrMac84 wrote: »
    What kinda things were they saying? The miss's is watching big brother so I smog course in a different room to that non-sence

They were saying the 4th player is currently playing in France.
    Then they were talking about Mourinho saying they got the player voted best in France last year and the player voted by the fellow players as the best in Germany last year, and the guys in studio said the 4th player the best player in Italy last year.
    They just seemed very confident about Pogba returning without actually mentioning his name.
    They were also very happy about the last two signings with Micki and Zlatan and the goals they should bring.
    Just a very positive feeling tonight on MUTV.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

Mkhitaryan says he is friends with Januzaj and after Adnan had returned from Dortmund they stayed in touch with Januzaj asking him if he would be joining them.

I don't think Jose will have any interest in resurrecting his career, that will have to come from the lad himself.

IMO, if the likes of Rashford, Fosuh-Mensah or any young player are good enough and show their potential then Mourinho will play them, but he won't waste time trying to tease good performances out of the likes of Januzaj if they keep coming on and having stinkers. He has bigger goals than making Januzaj a top player, so if Januzaj wants to be a part of it then its up to him to show the improvement.

I'm sorry. I made it for me, to accomplish some good, a placeholder to last until rumour became fact or until my brain became accustomed to an unholy sequence of consonants. In the time that followed though, I returned to see that it had gone on to find its own place in the world.

"Godspeed and fair fortune" I would say, if it were still leaving a positive footprint, but I never created it with the intention to vex or irk. Especially not with the delightful ambiance around these parts as of late. Now though, out of my reach and out of my control, it probably wouldn't even recognise me, its old lonely master, were it to see me in the street.

I now watch despondent from afar, knowing that I created it but never will be able to kill it.

IFZXAI9.jpg?1

Super header from Ronaldo, brilliant

I'm too old to get the reference I'm afraid!

Sky Sports expected to announce tomorrow what matches they will be showing.
    Oh yeah they will likely be in UHD too if you have a UHD tv.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement