Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2016 - Mod Warning Post #6863

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,446 ✭✭✭glued

Di Marzio is saying that we've agreed terms with Pogba and are going to offer Juventus €120M for him. I don't really care about the money but the price tag will put huge pressure on him to perform. It also could just be Raiola trying to get Real Madrid back into the mix.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

Schweinsteiger to start and captain Germany tomorrow night

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

bangkok wrote: »

I think Germany will win tomorrow

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭fatherted1969

Flights booked for the charity shield next month. Still haven't got match tickets yet but fingers crossed. Hopefully may have some by the weekend

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

I think Germany will win tomorrow

Me too but I hope France win and martial or evra score the winner

Me too but I hope France win and martial or evra score the winner

No matter who wins now least have United connection. Some will say Portugal have no United connection but you only have see the Butt Hurt that Ronaldo and Nani gives some to show that they might as well be ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 33,754 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

glued wrote: »
    Di Marzio is saying that we've agreed terms with Pogba and are going to offer Juventus €120M for him. I don't really care about the money but the price tag will put huge pressure on him to perform. It also could just be Raiola trying to get Real Madrid back into the mix.

Real Madrid will not pay what United are offering, they will not pay Pogba €13 million after tax, it was in the Spanish papers that RM were prepared to pay a max of €8 million and £60 million.
    Raiola knows where the money is and where it will be in the future, the PL continues to get richer and richer and United is a good place for him to have his players.
    The news about Pogba is everywhere.

Good to see, tomorrow night will be interesting, would love to see him have a great game and same for Pogba...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

We did a sweep in work and we all got 3/4 teams. The one dude that doesn't know a bloody thing about football got France and Wales so he was cock sure he was going to win the pot up to tonight. I'd almost live to see Germany winning tomorrow now so after having 2 in the semi he has none in the final.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭markc91

Cant link as on mobile but according to Tancredi Palmeri agreement has been reached for Pogba

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

Flights booked for the charity shield next month. Still haven't got match tickets yet but fingers crossed. Hopefully may have some by the weekend

Same here, flights hotel etc booked, if you get a few spare tickets, don't forget about me :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,667 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

markc91 wrote: »
    Cant link as on mobile but according to Tancredi Palmeri agreement has been reached for Pogba

Forgot about him, weirdly enough he has me blocked on twitter and I've never even mentioned his name on it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭markc91

http://www.thesportbible.com/football/reactions-transfers-news-breaking-manchester-united-reach-agreement-with-paul-pogba-20160706 His tweets are here and just for the record I am not quoting the Sport Bible as my source haha

It is vital that United sign Pogba in my opinion, we need a player like him and he is great.
    But if Madrid bought him, maybe City would buy Kroos, and I think if Juventus accept our world record fee, it would help Juve maybe keep Bonucci from moving to City who want him.

A 5 year deal at €13 million after tax, worth €65 million to Pogba, he would be paid three times what he is currently paid at Juventus.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,640 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

If it is true about Pogba, Jose must have huge faith that he will get us back where we belong and even higher.

It's a big risk for Jose

Personally it broke my heart Pogba leaving and would be unreal to have him back but that money is mad and could be better spent but you have to have faith in Jose. He knows what's he doing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Can you imagine the pressure that will develop if we spend 100 million on a single player and don't win the league next season?

I hope Pogba is worth it

• Advertisement

The total cost of a Pogba deal would be massive, lets say a €120 million fee to Juventus, €25 million to Raiola, €65 million over 5 years after tax for Pogba.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

WE ARE NOT (RE)SIGNING PAUL POGBA.

GOOD NIGHT!

Edits: Caps are necessary for any deal that is over £100m

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭Lukekul

FutureGuy wrote: »
    WE ARE NOT (RE)SIGNING PAUL POGBA.

GOOD NIGHT!

Edits: Caps are necessary for any deal that is over £100m

giphy.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Something tells me if it was madrid breaking the 100 million barrier the world would be in awe.

It's gonna happen sooner then later it wouldn't be the first time United broke a transfer record.

I wouldn't be getting my hopes up on Pogba I donno but I have a feeling if madrid jumped in with a bid to match us he would join them instead of us.

if we are spending that much money on him we better be protecting the investment and getting him tied down with a six or seven year contract.

Crazy money. Jesus, we would want League, EL and Fa Cup for that

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,356 ✭✭✭Cotts72

Pogba aside a lot of reports indicate that we may go after another CB,I've seen us linked with Varane a good bit but is he the leader at the back we need? Who else would people suggest?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Crazy money. Jesus, we would want League, EL and Fa Cup for that

Knowing Jose, he will be aiming for that.

Signing Pogba is a massive show of intent that didn't exist under Louis "Fourth is too lofty an expectation" Van Gaal. Would be a wicked signing and I am so excited for it if true :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

JuventusFC – Verified account ‏@juventusfc
    Ragazzo futuro è corretta. Manchester United non state firmando Paul Pogba
    38s

Translation:
    Boy future is correct . Manchester United are not signing Paul Pogba

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,667 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

FutureGuy wrote: »
    JuventusFC – Verified account ‏@juventusfc
    Ragazzo futuro è corretta. Manchester United non state firmando Paul Pogba
    38s

BUT WHAT DOES THIS MEAN FUTUREGUY

https://twitter.com/mcmprods/status/750824517279285249

According to that, United's sponsors brought in $310 million last season, remember United report in $$$$.

I went running to twitter to see what you were linking too haha.

Aon are getting some deal for 25 million. Their logo is more prominent on TV then chevy by a long mile apart from on match day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,632 ✭✭✭✭Sand

Can you imagine the pressure that will develop if we spend 100 million on a single player and don't win the league next season?

I hope Pogba is worth it

Shouldn't be any pressure over and beyond being brought in as the main man in the United midfield. The fee is just details. The likes of Man City spend over 150 million GBP in a single transfer window and struggle to finish 4th. That is just where the game is at financially. Top players are going to cost top fees.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,026 ✭✭✭duffman13

Cotts72 wrote: »
    Pogba aside a lot of reports indicate that we may go after another CB,I've seen us linked with Varane a good bit but is he the leader at the back we need? Who else would people suggest?

Varane is a classy player, him Bailly and Smalling are very similar but have great attributes, all big strong lads with pace which is fairly rare, not too sure of there is a leader among them but I can't see us getting Varane unless Jose plans Bailly as more of a long term option.

Id love Varane but I don't see us signing another CB and don't see Real selling him, Pepe is getting on and I think Varane will be a mainstay at Madrid for a long time.

It's interesting reading Juventus fans talking bout Pogba. Seems a lot of them saying they think it would be nuts to sell him even for the price quoted. Would think if we were overpaying, they would be wanting to cash in, but the general view I see is they feel they were promised he was going nowhere and they want to hold him for a few more years.

Also see BBC saying Valdes is to have his medical tomorrow for Boro.

• Advertisement

Hococop wrote: »
    Same here, flights hotel etc booked, if you get a few spare tickets, don't forget about me :o

Haven't booked hotel yet but I've applied through season ticket holders for match ticket so hopefully will happen. Heading over irregardless now. If a spare comes in then yeah no bother.

keane2097 wrote: »
    I'm too old to get the reference I'm afraid!

I think I was going for Dr. Frankenstein.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,233 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

Haven't booked hotel yet but I've applied through season ticket holders for match ticket so hopefully will happen. Heading over irregardless now. If a spare comes in then yeah no bother.

Swap you a round in the heritage and a steak dinner for ticket ;):D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 17 DHC

Hi friends!

Is the guy called Headshot still around these parts?

He feeds villages of people in Africa these days by sending 3 boxes a day of his drool in Trocaire boxes, just goes to show, if you are a drooler even you can help the needy even if you need help yourself.

<3 Head****

His drool feeds the cows who piss on the ground then the grass grows and a lamb eats it then we make kebabs which is so important.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

Open access = bad idea.

Open access = bad idea.

People like you are why we don't have kebab shops in Africa, so selfish. Stop drooling on yourself and send it to charity.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Open access = bad idea.

Glad the Euros are almost over, and things will soon be back to reach required # of posts/requesting access/waiting for approval for said access.

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Glad the Euros are almost over, and things will soon be back to reach required # of posts/requesting access/waiting for approval for said access.

Aw, sorry for ruining this little corner on the internet for you buddy. I bet when you meet a girl and become a man you will forget all about it. Go you.

• Advertisement

move along guys, nothing to see here.

Swap you a round in the heritage and a steak dinner for ticket ;):D

:):) that sounds very tempting. I'm more hopeful than expectant to tell you the truth. I hear only 27k tickets allocated to utd holders so it's a very long shot. Either way we'll get to see it and it'll be the first time I'll be going with just my two boys so looking forward to that itself. Youngest lad is just over brain surgery and I went ahead and booked flights. I'm hoping in a months time he'll be ok to get on a plane. A lot of gambles going into this trip but be good for him to have something to focus on

:):) that sounds very tempting. I'm more hopeful than expectant to tell you the truth. I hear only 27k tickets allocated to utd holders so it's a very long shot. Either way we'll get to see it and it'll be the first time I'll be going with just my two boys so looking forward to that itself. Youngest lad is just over brain surgery and I went ahead and booked flights. I'm hoping in a months time he'll be ok to get on a plane. A lot of gambles going into this trip but be good for him to have something to focus on

Wish your son and all your family all the best, sounds like you are going through a tough time.

Open access = bad idea.

Yeah, just use the report button.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

Lord TSC wrote: »
    It's interesting reading Juventus fans talking bout Pogba. Seems a lot of them saying they think it would be nuts to sell him even for the price quoted. Would think if we were overpaying, they would be wanting to cash in, but the general view I see is they feel they were promised he was going nowhere and they want to hold him for a few more years.

Also see BBC saying Valdes is to have his medical tomorrow for Boro.

That's because they are ambitious club and in very good state financially. So they don't actually need money. Not as rich as ManUtd but they are very healthy. It's like offering lot of money for Martial, it's too much money but ManUtd fans don't care about money but to retain best players.

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭Thecon21

Giggsy11 wrote: »
    That's because they are ambitious club and in very good state financially. So they don't actually need money. Not as rich as ManUtd but they are very healthy. It's like offering lot of money for Martial, it's too much money but ManUtd fans don't care about money but to retain best players.

Any luck on the jobs front?

• Advertisement

Good God Almighty what's been going on in here?

Just to let people know the positivity Train is full, because of this, we need 2nd train. So much positivity.

#choochoo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭Polo_Mint

Good God Almighty what's been going on in here?

Just to let people know the positivity Train is full, because of this, we need 2nd train. So much positivity.

#choochoo

Im on it

702b4a22e5fb16091c28439623a36d2e.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,346 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

not allowing myself to think we will actually sign Pogba. Nope. Not going to fall for this again. Thiago, Fabregas, Pedro - no no, Mr. Woodward, you ain't sucking me in to your fuelless hype machine!

But just imagine if we did sign him....

Polo_Mint wrote: »
    Im on it

Haha very good :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,595 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Missed the signing of Mhkitaryan yesterday as I was out playing golf and then wake up this morning to the news of Pogba potentially agreeing terms.

1374508115_faint-o.gif

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement