Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2016 - Mod Warning Post #6863

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

United vs Southampton is the first Friday night game next year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,830 ✭✭✭Cookie_Dough

jayo26 wrote: »

Oh Christ!! Lucky I haven't booked my flights yet. Thought it be Super Sunday

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

stankratz wrote: »
    I'm sorry. I made it for me, to accomplish some good, a placeholder to last until rumour became fact or until my brain became accustomed to an unholy sequence of consonants. In the time that followed though, I returned to see that it had gone on to find its own place in the world.

"Godspeed and fair fortune" I would say, if it were still leaving a positive footprint, but I never created it with the intention to vex or irk. Especially not with the delightful ambiance around these parts as of late. Now though, out of my reach and out of my control, it probably wouldn't even recognise me, its old lonely master, were it to see me in the street.

I now watch despondent from afar, knowing that I created it but never will be able to kill it.

IFZXAI9.jpg?1

Cracking picture usage

Oh Christ!! Lucky I haven't booked my flights yet. Thought it be Super Sunday

Yeh Friday night is gonna make it even harder to guess fixtures but on a positive we have premier league football four days a week:)

Also Pogba at €120m would put massive pressure on the player, Mourinho and Woodward. Immediately.

Coupled with his press conference claims, no excuses here from Mourinho. If he gets Pogba for €120m, no excuses at all.

On the flipside I've mentioned it before, when he first arrived to Chelsea, and he was given exactly what the wanted, he quickly built a machine that was about to end Fergies reign, only for it to implode. While there is just cause of concern for a potential deal like that, there is also the flipside, that if we are creating a really positive "your the boss" environment for Mourinho, we could be on the cusp of something special.

Yeh Friday night is gonna make it even harder to guess fixtures but on a positive we have premier league football four days a week:)

Sky Ireland are also launching their feature whereby Irish customers can choose from a selection of matches on a Saturday. From what I've read and heard, basically all United matches on Saturdays will be covered, and won't need to go to foreign streams anymore.

Interested to see how that new channel setup works for, cough, me and you, cough

• Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Delboy5

The first 6 United games this season are all being televised.....

Friday is not so bad as I won't need to take any extra days off work to go over. Monday would have been worse. More football is always good & the sky match choice that TheDoc mentioned is also pretty sweet :)

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Told my mam that the new Premier League season will now have Friday Night Football to go along with Saturday Night Football, Super Sunday, and Monday Night Football, she wasn't exactly pleased at hearing this :pac:

TheDoc wrote: »
    Sky Ireland are also launching their feature whereby Irish customers can choose from a selection of matches on a Saturday. From what I've read and heard, basically all United matches on Saturdays will be covered, and won't need to go to foreign streams anymore.

Interested to see how that new channel setup works for, cough, me and you, cough

I'm probably wrong here as usual but I don't think we're going to be able pick matches they have just bought the setanta pack.

It's probably worded along the lines of a Saturday game from a selection of matches or somethinget along them lines. I hope I'm wrong tho.

• Advertisement

Details of Aug & Sept TV fixtures from ManUtd.com
    http://www.manutd.com/en/News-And-Features/Football-News/2016/Jul/manchester-united-fixture-changes-for-live-TV-coverage-on-sky-sports-bt-sport-aug-sep.aspx?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=post&utm_campaign=ManUtd

AFC Bournemouth v Manchester United (Live on Sky Sports)
    Sunday 14 August, 13:30 BST

Manchester United v Southampton (Live on Sky Sports)
    Friday 19 August, 20:00 BST

Hull City v Manchester United (Live on BT Sport)
    Saturday 27 August, 17:30 BST

Manchester United v Manchester City (Live on Sky Sports)
    Saturday 10 September, 12:30 BST

Watford v Manchester United (Live on BT Sport)
    Sunday 18 September, 12:00 BST

Manchester United v Leicester City (Live on Sky Sports)
    Saturday 24 September, 12:30 BST

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,640 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

lol I missed all the fun.

Headshot wrote: »
    lol I missed all the fun.

You were too busy drooling.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,640 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

You were too busy drooling.

and dreaming of Pogba in CM.

I had a raging clue after it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,516 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

I'm probably wrong here as usual but I don't think we're going to be able pick matches they have just bought the setanta pack.

It's probably worded along the lines of a Saturday game from a selection of matches or somethinget along them lines. I hope I'm wrong tho.

You seem to be correct, they've released their first 6 Saturday fixtures as follows, so looks to be just one specific game rather than a selection.

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/33694/10466994/premier-league-fixtures-live-on-sky-sports-first-set-of-201617-games-announced

Additional live fixtures available in Republic of Ireland only:

Sat 13 August: Everton v Tottenham Hotspur (3pm)
    Sat 20 August: Burnley v Liverpool (3pm)
    Sat 27 August: Watford v Arsenal (3pm)
    Sat 17 September: Hull City v Arsenal (3pm)
    Sat 24 September: Swansea City v Manchester City (3pm)
    Sat 10 September: Stoke City v Tottenham Hotspur (3pm)

Would the Southampton game be a manic game to try get tickets and all for guys? The wife just suggested going for our first anniversary.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Would the Southampton game be a manic game to try get tickets and all for guys? The wife just suggested going for our first anniversary.

Man fair play, most married men I know would not be allowed out door, never mind suggestion of going to United game.

She is keeper ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,460 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

Man fair play, most married men I know would not be allowed out door, never mind suggestion of going to United game.

She is keeper ;)

My wife is also keen to head over for a game this year, because she wants to devastate the Trafford Centre shopping. There's always an angle...

Saying that, my missus sent me to Vegas for a UFC event for my stag do. I shouldn't complain!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

DrPhilG wrote: »
    My wife is also keen to head over for a game this year, because she wants to devastate the Trafford Centre shopping. There's always an angle...

The Manchester derby a few years back when Rooney scored the scissor kick, my girlfriend at the time got me tickets too the game so she could head there shopping...... Needless to say were getting married now!

• Advertisement

Great choices lads, I'm proud of ye ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

If we do get Pogba, what will the team look like........

Herrera / Morgan / Fellani / Carrick / Schwein / ---- Surely one of these will have to go, add in Blind there if he is going to play him in his proper position.

I think he will go with Morgan / Pogba he's always liked athleticism in his teams with Rooney / Micky Ryan / Martial / Rashford / Mata / Ibra / Depay ahead of them.

Jaysus thats some attacking options there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

If you only do one thing in preperation for this years sport let it be a google of "ultimatemania"

That is all. Enjoy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭ElChe32

My gf is a hardcore Barca fan so our weekends revolve around United and Barca...heaven forbid I say anything bad about Messi or Barca's questionable transfer dealings..and as for saying Ronaldo > Messi I'd be sleeping on the couch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭Polo_Mint

As is my missus.

She has the United, BVB, Monchengladbach and Germany Jerseys,

Been to tons of Bundesliga games, Champions League and International Games.

Has her Thesis published on Hooliganism within German football when studying counseling.

Worked with the BVB youth system in Dortmund.

Was a steward for BVB also.

I kinda lucky:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

ElChe32 wrote: »
    My gf is a hardcore Barca fan so our weekends revolve around United and Barca...heaven forbid I say anything bad about Messi or Barca's questionable transfer dealings..and as for saying Ronaldo > Messi I'd be sleeping on the couch.

show her this video and say can messi do that :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=53w4FsPgKJo

• Advertisement

She is keeper ;)

Haha she is as much a united nut as I am she been going to United games before we meet.

The one downfall is that she wants to go to all the games I go to so itsorry the only time it's harder to get away with the lads without her ha.

It's probably worded along the lines of a Saturday game from a selection of matches or something along them lines. I hope I'm wrong tho.

When I was cancelling Sky, their loyalty team were really pushing to me that I'd be able to pick from all the matches they have access to on the day(which is all) So basically what is on their football first programmes in the evening, basically that service moving to the actual live kickoffs.

I remember the initial announcement, and reading the quotes from a Sky rep indicating that Irish customers would be able to select from a host of live matches at Saturday at 3pm. I guessed it would be via the red button.

The 3pm watershed was always to ensure fans kept going to matches and attendance wouldn't dip, but Sky negotiated with the PL (for the very logical reasons) that this wouldn't impact the Irish market, and would provide more viewership.

Everton fan beside me in work and he took the same meaning, as he is mad stoked for the season under the impression he would be able to watch Everton games at 3pm Saturdays(where there isn't exclusivity with BT)

I'm going to try dig up that information again, incase I'm wrong, but then it would also mean Sky were pushing misleading information

Setanta, now Eir, only got the rights to the 5:30pm kick offs, but they will have ALL the Saturday 5:30pm matches

EDIT: http://www.irishtimes.com/sport/soccer/english-soccer/sky-sports-to-broadcast-live-3pm-premier-league-games-in-ireland-1.2426995

This article actually reads like they will have only one 3pm game. Definitely not what Sky loyalty reps have been telling people trying to keep them onboard.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,754 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

So it it seems Pogba is open to a return to United. But then the claim in the Daily Mail is he is being offered £300,000 a week after tax or the equivalent of €350,000 a week. Which is £15.6 million/€18.2 million a year.
    Juventus pay him around €5 million a year after tax, and the talk was they would increase it to 6/7 million, while the Madrid it was claimed were prepared to offer €8 million, United have blown everyone out of the water.
    Of course he is open to a return, this is his career and it only lasts so long.

Haha she is as much a united nut as I am she been going to United games before we meet.

The one downfall is that she wants to go to all the games I go to so itsorry the only time it's harder to get away with the lads without her ha.

haha I drag my Mr to as many games as I can (usually only one a season due to expense) He's a fan just not as much as me! I'm sure you have a lovely time with her and don't miss your mates at all! A nice romatic break in rainy Manchester, what more could you want!! :D

haha I drag my Mr to as many games as I can (usually only one a season due to expense) He's a fan just not as much as me! I'm sure you have a lovely time with her and don't miss your mates at all! A nice romatic break in rainy Manchester, what more could you want!! :D

There is nothing romantic about the Trafford center let me tell you.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

TheDoc wrote: »
    I'm going to try dig up that information again, incase I'm wrong, but then it would also mean Sky were pushing misleading information

Sky fibbing? no way! that almost never happens.

Sky fibbing? no way! that almost never happens.

Yeah I suppose. Although unusual for a company as big to purposefully land themselves in hot water.

If I signed up to Sky for another year, on the pretence of what they told me, and that did nt come to pass. I'd be cancelling immediately, onto CCPC advising of the unethical false advertising, and then taking them to the Small Claims Court for reimbursement of the payments made to that point.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,992 ✭✭✭paulbok

not allowing myself to think we will actually sign Pogba. Nope. Not going to fall for this again. Thiago, Fabregas, Pedro - no no, Mr. Woodward, you ain't sucking me in to your fuelless hype machine!

But just imagine if we did sign him....

It's the hope that kills you.

I wonder will Micky - Tari - An get the number 22 jersey for United.

or Steal Youngs 18

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

ElChe32 wrote: »

You're sleeping with Andersonisgod? :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,460 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

My wife is torn between football and fighting, torn as to which she hates more!

I took her to a fight once because I nabbed 2 tickets late and didn't have time to sell one.

Never again.

She's happy for me to go, that's all that matters.

• Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Delboy5

This guy claims to be friendly with Pogba and years back put up messages between the 2 of them to confirm his departure from united....

DJ ‏@KingJonno12 11m11 minutes ago
    He's coming home #pp

Delboy5 wrote: »
    This guy claims to be friendly with Pogba and years back put up messages between the 2 of them to confirm his departure from united....

He's coming home #pp

Have to say thrilled I'm avoiding all the gossip this window, the lack of stress and dreams crushed is amazing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,307 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Flights booked. Friday Night Lights!

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭peterswellman

Delboy5 wrote: »

He's coming home #pp

His twitter timeline wouldn't really inspire confidence of being in the know.

• Advertisement

Sky are not reporting pogba negotiations no fuking way are they

https://twitter.com/SkySportsNewsHQ/status/751021181843673090?s=09

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,207 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

His twitter timeline wouldn't really inspire confidence of being in the know.

Agreed. He seems to have a severe case of diarrhea of the keyboard.

Don't ye be all getting yer hopes up now

tumblr_me4u2jgspu1qa0u78.gif

Polo_Mint wrote: »
    tumblr_me4u2jgspu1qa0u78.gif

Where did ya get the pic of headshot?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Yeah and I'm still waiting for Gundogan and Benatia.

Until it's on the beeb, don't get your hopes up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭0gac3yjefb5sv7

It will be done. 100 million. It's very much on even though I think thats far too much money.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

"In talks with Juventus..." is far, far away from Pogba holding up a United scarf at Old Trafford.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement