Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2016 - Mod Warning Post #6863

Comments

• Polo_Mint wrote: »
    People have issues with transfer fees when you need to replace half your starting 11

I think Jose will build a team like the way Fergie did were its one out , one in

I don't believe this

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭Polo_Mint

Bradz213 wrote: »
    I just never cared about them as it's not my money and would rather see it blown on a player than making some fat-cat richer

in fairness, it tends to be other club fans with issues about another clubs spending.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

Pogba first choice is to go to Madrid.

We have agreed wages with his agent already which has happened many times before with players and would be pretty normal.

Woodward is now in negotiations with Juve.

If Juve agree a deal with us and Real Madrid match that agreement, pogba will end up going to Madrid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,347 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

bangkok wrote: »

We have agreed wages with his agent already which has happened many times before with players and would be pretty normal.

If Juve agree a deal with us and Real Madrid match that agreement, pogba will end up going to Madrid.
    Thanks for that summation of narrative everyone knows. Invaluable.

• bangkok wrote: »

Where is the Madrid source coming from anyway?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

I don't think Madrid can afford to spend 100 million on one player

Unless they get crazy deals for the likes of Morata and James

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭Claude Burgundy

I don't think Madrid can afford to spend 100 million on one player

Unless they get crazy deals for the likes of Morata and James

Without selling.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭Polo_Mint

Is it £100 million cost & a 5 year deal at £210k a week wages?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭Pickpocket

Thanks for that summation of narrative everyone knows. Invaluable.

Actually, I think it's worth re-stating. The news outlets are starting to make it sound like a done deal.

• Advertisement

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Where is the Madrid source coming from anyway?

He said himself, he would love to join madrid and he sees madrid as the best place to go to win ballon dor.

Ballague has said as well he has been in discussions with Zidane and Zidane wants him at madrid

• Registered Users Posts: 33,754 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Never understand why fans get so bothered about transfer fees.

I don't think the shareholders are complaining.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭Claude Burgundy

He said himself, he would love to join madrid and he sees madrid as the best place to go to win ballon dor.

Ballague has said as well he has been in discussions with Zidane and Zidane wants him at madrid

I just ignore every word he says now, complete and utter blagger.

Then Perez doesn't want him, and we know with Perez that the manager does what he is told, probably why they change the manager so often

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭MuPpItJoCkEy

Can somebody just clarify. Do United not get €75 a season alone from Adidas because that's pretty much a marquee signing a season even if Pogba does end up being €100, doesn't seem like that much of a hit especially if it translate into success on the pitch and then money that is brought in from all over the world from marketing.

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭Bradz213

Can somebody just clarify. Do United not get €75 a season alone from Adidas because that's pretty much a marquee signing a season even if Pogba does end up being €100, doesn't seem like that much of a hit especially if it translate into success on the pitch and then money that is brought in from all over the world from marketing.

They make over €300M from just some of their commercial partners. Zlatan signing will probably bring in enough money to cover the Pogba deal!

• Advertisement

Jaysus, we're going to sign Pogba aren't we.

Hold that train lads.

wpQAMS0.png

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭MuPpItJoCkEy

They make over €300M from just some of their commercial partners. Zlatan signing will probably bring in enough money to cover the Pogba deal!

Well then fees smees. If it's affordable, do it. Believe the right manager is there now too. I think there is already a great nucleus of players there and would discount the form of the players over the last couple of years because I'd say their heads were melted playing restricted so hopefully now there will be a new lease of life in them with some great competition for places for players to up their game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭TheDoctor

Pogba, out to Mkhitaryan, beats his man, squares it to Zlatan.... gooooaaaaallll!

And that's the goal that will probably see Liverpool relegated.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

TheDoctor wrote: »

giphy.gif

£75 million for the next 9 years, assuming United don't miss Champions league two years in a row, in that case it falls to £55ish million a season.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,460 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

adox wrote: »
    Maybe its the Mourhino factor

That's the only reason I'm giving it credibility.

Mourinho has been cracking the transfer whip hard and clearly wants his targets in early. Assuming that Pogba is number 4, the fact that he's still at the Euros would clearly impede the completion of a deal. And if Pogba is just using us as leverage to get to Madrid for more money, I don't think Jose is silly enough to be used like that. If this does drag on and Madrid get involved then stuff him and lets move on to plan B.

Then of course there is the possibility that number 4 isn't Pogba at all, but as I say if it wasn't, I think the deal would be done by now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,026 ✭✭✭duffman13

Jordan Ibe being sold for 15 million, if we sell Mata (to another Prem club) for less than 30 then we are mugs! Absolutely crazy money flying around!

Consider we are getting this season:

£96 million for fifth place in the league last season
    £75 million from Addidas as shirt maker
    £55 million from Chevrolet as primary shirt sponsor

There's £226 million going into the bank.

Then DHL give about another £10 million.
    Have another wave of smaller sponsors/business partners.

Add another 75,000 fans for 19 home Premier League games.
    Add cup games etc.

Add merchandising sales.

United are easily going past the £500 million mark in revenue this year.
    £220 million ish is wages.
    About £40 million debt repayments.

£100 million for a player can be squeezed in somewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭ElChe32

duffman13 wrote: »
    Jordan Ibe being sold for 15 million, if we sell Mata (to another Prem club) for less than 30 then we are mugs! Absolutely crazy money flying around!

BgN4NzuIQAAsHfk.jpg

COWBOYS TED! THEY'RE A BUNCH OF COWBOYS!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

All these new names it must be the Pogba effect.

RobertKK wrote: »
    Then Perez doesn't want him, and we know with Perez that the manager does what he is told, probably why they change the manager so often

Perez could wait until United have deal in place knowing that Pogba wants to go to Madrid and screw us over in revenge for de Gea. He would love nothing more than to do that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,830 ✭✭✭Cookie_Dough

duffman13 wrote: »

How long does Mata have left on his deal with us? I know it won't really matter if Jose wants rid/he decides he wants to leave.

I just ignore every word he says now, complete and utter blagger.

yep must be why Ronaldo and Messi the 2 biggest players in the history of the game trusted him enough to write books for them :rolleyes:

yep must be why Ronaldo and Messi the 2 biggest players in the history of the game trusted him enough to write books for them :rolleyes:

He said just before LVG was sacked that United wanted him to stay.

Spoofer

Do you think Ronaldo and Messi took a hands-on approach in selecting the person that ghost-wrote their biographies? Or do you think their publishers just told them they had four 90 minute meetings with some dude they don't give a **** about. I know what my money's on.

• Advertisement

So being a successful author makes you nailed on for transfer rumours?

Must check Stephen King's twitter and see what juicy gossip he has.

Maybe JK Rowling can tell us if Mata to Everton is going down?

Spoofer

He's consistently linked to speculative stories, so many in fact that he's occasionly correct. It's quantity over quality with that guy. And yet he's turned it into a career.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Ballague is a spoofer that occasionally gets things right.

Same as every other "itk" journo out there.

Balague broke some of the biggest deals involving transfers between England and Spain and vice versa.

I dont get what di Marzio is taken like some god here yet Balague is seen as some sort of spoofer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    As long as it's not Veron 2.0...

A player that was far ahead of his time in England, if he was here now where continental 4-2-3-1 are deployed in nauseating fashion he'd be a world beater.

Sadly, he joined in a time where 4-4-2 was all the rage and spent most of his time shunted out on the right. One of my favorite players to never really hit the highs he could have. Shame really.

Plus his name, it was utterly class. Juan Seba Veron, rolls off the tongue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

Balague broke some of the biggest deals involving transfers between England and Spain and vice versa.

I dont get what di Marzio is taken like some god here yet Balague is seen as some sort of spoofer.

They're all the same. Throw enough ****e at the wall and some of it will stick.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,785 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

A player that was far ahead of his time in England, if he was here now where continental 4-2-3-1 are deployed in nauseating fashion he'd be a world beater.

Sadly, he joined in a time where 4-4-2 was all the rage and spent most of his time shunted out on the right. One of my favorite players to never really hit the highs he could have. Shame really.

One of the best chants ever, to the tune of Seasons In The Sun.

We had joy, we had fun
    Juan Sebastian Verdon
    He's got style and no hair
    He's an Argie we don't care!

Spoofer

He also said that in April, a lot can happen in a few weeks in football.

he broke the news that de geas deal to madrid had collapsed as well

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

Perez could wait until United have deal in place knowing that Pogba wants to go to Madrid and screw us over in revenge for de Gea. He would love nothing more than to do that

Well thats a bit of a stretch. All the reports I read had Real Madrid playing silly buggers not coming in with an official bid until deadline day. If they wanted DDG that badly they would have bid in advance and not left it till last minute. And wasn't it Madrids paperwork that was half cocked after the fact?

This silly buggers by Real might just be why DDG is happy in Manchester?

• Advertisement

I hope we got back our deposit for Falcao. His loan did not cost 40 million...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,850 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Loved Veron as a player way before he even signed for us. He was a class act and I was gutted when he left. Read an interview with him not long ago where he said he regrets not giving it another season as Fergie wanted him to stay too. Still had some great performances for us in Europe where he played his best football for us.

Well thats a bit of a stretch. All the reports I read had Real Madrid playing silly buggers not coming in with an official bid until deadline day. If they wanted DDG that badly they would have bid in advance and not left it till last minute. And wasn't it Madrids paperwork that was half cocked after the fact?

Perez is extremley cocky.

They had erected a stage in the bernabeu a full week before Gareth Bale deal was announced and Daniel Levy was so angry that he accepted our bid for Bale and he was hoping he would move to United rather that Real.

Yeah, if you are De Gea you would be thinking why move to Madrid when they waited till literally the last minute and in the end just caused trouble for everyone involved.

Strumms wrote: »
    Loved Veron as a player way before he even signed for us. He was a class act and I was gutted when he left. Read an interview with him not long ago where he said he regrets not giving it another season as Fergie wanted him to stay too. Still had some great performances for us in Europe where he played his best football for us.

why was he sold to chelsea if he wanted to stay and so did fergie?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

DrPhilG wrote: »
    So being a successful author makes you nailed on for transfer rumours?

Must check Stephen King's twitter and see what juicy gossip he has.

Maybe JK Rowling can tell us if Mata to Everton is going down?

I must go back and read the 2007 classic, Anderson and the chocolate factory.

• Advertisement

He didn't say he wanted to stay. He said that he later regretted not staying.

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭Bradz213

TheDoctor wrote: »
    Pogba, out to Mkhitaryan, beats his man, squares it to Zlatan.... gooooaaaaallll!

Carlsberg don't do Premier League Survival days, but if they did....

Completely agree. Also his performances weren't that bad either. English media had it in for him as they were due to play Argentina in WC

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,850 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

He alludes to it in this interview. Although I'm pretty much sure I read it in a different article first....

http://www.manutd.com/en/News-And-Features/Features/2016/Apr/Juan-Sebastian-Veron-reflects-on-United-career-in-exclusive-interview.aspx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

I just found my new favorite website.

http://sinceliverpoollastwonatrophy.co.uk/

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement