Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2016 - Mod Warning Post #6863

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

zorro2566 wrote: »
    Here's what Zlatan thinks of those who chat shit.
    giphy.gif

What was that incident about?[/QUOTE]

Zlatan messing.:pac:

Zlatan on Pep Guardiola (and cars):

'When you buy me, you are buying a Ferrari. If you drive a Ferrari you put premium petrol in the tank, you hit the motorway and you step on the gas.

'Guardiola filled up with diesel and took a spin in the countryside. He should have bought a Fiat.'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

Watford have rejected a £37.5m bid from Shanghai SIPG for striker Odion Ighalo!!!

that is mental money

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,830 ✭✭✭Cookie_Dough

Mars Bar wrote: »
    Yeah I can't wear my one to football training coz it needs a top underneath it and my sports bra comes up higher than the neck line. Very disappointing. :(

That's a pain alright, I just wouldn't even bother with them as I know I would never wear it. It seems the design is more to be fashionable than anything else.

• Mars Bar wrote: »
    Yeah I can't wear my one to football training coz it needs a top underneath it and my sports bra comes up higher than the neck line. Very disappointing. :(
    That's a pain alright, I just wouldn't even bother with them as I know I would never wear it. It seems the design is more to be fashionable than anything else.

I sense brinty is lurking around somehwere.....

1cjYPNLvodoBO.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

zerks wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/samuelluckhurst/status/748816207860539392

Central midfield is Jose's next priority.

Is that taking Micky as a RW or a #10?

Aw lads I'm so excited for the season to start now. I think we are being linked with too much, 3-4 sounds more realistic, so at this stage, really just one more.

And somewhat depending on who we let go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Manutd_4life

Here's what Zlatan thinks of those who chat shit.
    giphy.gif

What was that incident about?[/quote]

Lol wtf was that :p

TheDoc wrote: »

Aw lads I'm so excited for the season to start now. I think we are being linked with too much, 3-4 sounds more realistic, so at this stage, really just one more.

dependeing on the opposition i think we will see mkhitaryan operate in both positions. Rashford i think we spend a lot of time to the right of a front 3 behind Ibra with mkhitaryan no10

• Registered Users Posts: 33,754 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

I do think Jose wants another central defender, to replace Rojo whom I think will be sold.

Andy Mitten was on Newstalk last night and reckons Micky will be a #10 as it's his most effective position behind Zlatan and will provide the pace that we need with Martial and Rashford on the left and right up top.

The square peg in the round hole is Rooney,Hodgson took his word and shoehorned him into midfield for England,that didn't work-I can't see it working in the even faster paced EPL.

• Advertisement

What was that incident about?

Lol wtf was that :p[/QUOTE]

they had just won the league title, zlatan was messing, anyone else i think Cassano would have been pissed off

RobertKK wrote: »
    I do think Jose wants another central defender, to replace Rojo whom I think will be sold.

already have Smalling, Bailley, Jones, Fosu Mensah, Rojo, Blind, cant see him signing another centre back would be a total waste even if they sell one

zerks wrote: »
    Andy Mitten was on Newstalk last night and reckons Micky will be a #10 as it's his most effective position behind Zlatan and will provide the pace that we need with Martial and Rashford on the left and right up top.

The square peg in the round hole is Rooney,Hodgson took his word and shoehorned him into midfield for England,that didn't work-I can't see it working in the even faster paced EPL.

Yeah unless Rooney pulls the finger out and plays incredibly, surely he will be predominantly on the bench? See no place for him up front or in midfield. Like even resting Zlatan, Rashford or Martial should be then playing there.

If I was Mourinho I'd be taking the captaincy of him and handing it to De Gea or Smalling. Granted that might be a total confidence shattering, it removes any unnecessary drama over "captain dropped".

• TheDoc wrote: »
    Yeah unless Rooney pulls the finger out and plays incredibly, surely he will be predominantly on the bench? See no place for him up front or in midfield. Like even resting Zlatan, Rashford or Martial should be then playing there.

If I was Mourinho I'd be taking the captaincy of him and handing it to De Gea or Smalling. Granted that might be a total confidence shattering, it removes any unnecessary drama over "captain dropped".

This +1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

What was that incident about?

Lol wtf was that :p[/QUOTE]

They had just won the league. Maxwell is probably Ibra's closest friend in football. Maxwell let him stay with him when he first joined Ajax, they've subsequently played together at, Inter, Ac and PSG.

He needed stitches after that kick :eek:

I've read Zlatan's book recently on holiday, its very enjoyable. The stuff about Pep is really really damming on how he is as a man. He paints him as a coward.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,862 ✭✭✭statto25

Giggsy gone lads. BBC reporting he's reached a settlement to leave the club.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,830 ✭✭✭Cookie_Dough

statto25 wrote: »

Good

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

This week just gets better

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,774 ✭✭✭jimmytwotimes 2013

Giggs needs to choose his next club wisely. I hope he can make a good fist of it and maybe we'll see him at United again in the future. It's more unlikely than likely obviously but best of luck to him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,924 ✭✭✭KH25

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    This +1

Yes please. The team should earn their places based on performances, not their names or statuses.

statto25 wrote: »

Feel sad for him but its a good move by the club to move on! He will return to OT at some stage!

So it seems we have 3 signings so far but not much talk on who will most likely have to leave.

All this talk about needing to get Rooney out but I think there is a swarm of players we need to offload first.

For starters, Phil the injured ass Jones. Has not worked out for him, never got a consistent run like Smalling and frankly never will imo under Jose.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

You either die a hero, or live long enough to become a villain.

I respect what Giggs did immensely on the pitch, and I feel sympathy that the "Post-Fergie Giggs Plan" did not work out. But the reality is the project that was meant to end wit Giggs as manager has failed, and it's best for both sides to move on. Giggs should have reached that realisation weeks ago, instead of sticking round looking a little bit self-Entitled and like someone who was demanding the club continue to endulge a failed project. Regardless, the right decision has finally been made now.

On to a regime with not ties to the last three years of struggles and failure.

He's back in town lads!!!

https://instagram.com/p/BHULkjvDxl5/

• Advertisement

Lol wtf was that :p

They had just won the league. Maxwell is probably Ibra's closest friend in football. Maxwell let him stay with him when he first joined Ajax, they've subsequently played together at, Inter, Ac and PSG.

He needed stitches after that kick :eek:

I've read Zlatan's book recently on holiday, its very enjoyable. The stuff about Pep is really really damming on how he is as a man. He paints him as a coward.[/QUOTE]

Just ordered that on the book depository!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Just cause me or others are happy to see Giggs go now, does not mean we have never appreciated the excellent player he was and the loyalty he showed the club, as well as been excellent servant.

Zlatan free transfer
    Bailly 28m
    Mkhitaryan 27m

Total 55m.... so far

Mata will leave along with another player i think

Lots of talk of Pogba being next , would not be one bit surprised if he also signs for us

• bangkok wrote: »
    Zlatan free transfer
    Bailly 28m
    Mkhitaryan 27m

Total 55m.... so far

Mata will leave along with another player i think

Lots of talk of Pogba being next , would not be one bit surprised if he also signs for us

You might want to add wages there ;)

Shhhhhhhh we don't talk about that :p

• Advertisement

A lot of us on here can remember his debut for United and will always hold him in high esteem,a United legend!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,030 ✭✭✭Minderbinder

Lord TSC wrote: »
    You either die a hero, or live long enough to become a villain.

I respect what Giggs did immensely on the pitch, and I feel sympathy that the "Post-Fergie Giggs Plan" did not work out. But the reality is the project that was meant to end wit Giggs as manager has failed, and it's best for both sides to move on. Giggs should have reached that realisation weeks ago, instead of sticking round looking a little bit self-Entitled and like someone who was demanding the club continue to endulge a failed project. Regardless, the right decision has finally been made now.

On to a regime with not ties to the last three years of struggles and failure.

It is the right decision but there is certainly an element amongst the fans of forgetting what he has done for United being replaced by 'what have you done for me lately'. Same with Rooney I suppose. When they stop being as useful fans quickly forget and are wanting them out, questioning their commitment etc. sad really. you'd think giggs would have done enough to avoid fans turning against him a mere two years after retirement.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Neymar has signed a new contracts with Barca so that's that one finished anyway.

bangkok wrote: »
    already have Smalling, Bailley, Jones, Fosu Mensah, Rojo, Blind, cant see him signing another centre back would be a total waste even if they sell one

Wouldn't even count Jones, he is a joke at this stage, I have seen elderly people who are less brittle.

It is the right decision but there is certainly an element amongst the fans of forgetting what he has done for United being replaced by 'what have you done for me lately'. Same with Rooney I suppose. When they stop being as useful fans quickly forget and are wanting them out, questioning their commitment etc. sad really. you'd think giggs would have done enough to avoid fans turning against him a mere two years after retirement.

Well here in Kilkenny and in a different sport, Brian Cody was never a man for sentiment towards players, he looks at his team as being results driven, and it doesn't matter who you are, if you don't fit the criteria or plan, you are out.
    It has been controversial over the years at times but now no one questions it.
    To hell with sentiment, this is what United need too. Sentiment doesn't win games, picking the best for whatever position on and off the field is what matters.
    Giggs...goodbye and good luck.

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Neymar has signed a new contracts with Barca so that's that one finished anyway.

And nicely in time also. Saga's, as ridiculous as they can be and your brain should be telling you its nonsense, its incredible how it can take over a narrative.

Ramos saga last summer pretty much spoiled what was all in all, a pretty good window.

Do we have any confirmation btw of Mourinhos staff who have joined. That Rui guy going to be on our bench? Kind of detest him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,952 ✭✭✭Conall Cernach

A fit Schweinsteiger as captain would be: 9494d1111159366-entertaining-tvr-sagaris-video-homer-drool.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,030 ✭✭✭Minderbinder

Well here in Kilkenny and in a different sport, Brian Cody was never a man for sentiment towards players, he looks at his team as being results driven, and it doesn't matter who you are, if you don't fit the criteria or plan, you are out.
    It has been controversial over the years at times but now no one questions it.
    To hell with sentiment, this is what United need too. Sentiment doesn't win games, picking the best for whatever position on and off the field is what matters.
    Giggs...goodbye and good luck.

but the fans and people who work for the club are different. of course we don't really want the manager being sentimental but does that mean fans have to adopt the same professional attitude? if fans are not sentimental then what is the point of being fans? or maybe giggs just never really got into the hearts of the fans?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

A lot of us on here can remember his debut for United and will always hold him in high esteem,a United legend!

That goal against Spurs,is one of my all time favourite goals,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭Simply Red

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Isn't Lassana Diarra like 40 now?

I want a top quality midfielder, preferably one I've not really heard of before so opposition fans will write him off and he'll punish them all next season like King Marty

Isn't Lassana Diarra like 40 now?

I want a top quality midfielder, preferably one I've not really heard of before so opposition fans will write him off and he'll punish them all next season like King Marty

Well he's 31. I would imagine he's not very expensive, I think he'd be a decent signing on that basis.

• Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Delboy5

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,992 ✭✭✭paulbok

I sense brinty is lurking around somehwere.....

1cjYPNLvodoBO.gif

That's the image I'll have of Brinty anymore, brilliant.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,343 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Well he's 31. I would imagine he's not very expensive, I think he'd be a decent signing on that basis.

If we were selling some players then ok, potentially good squad option - but as it is we have a lot of averageness in midfield, adding Diara won't improve the squad/first team much imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

paulbok wrote: »
    That's the image I'll have of Brinty anymore, brilliant.

That's the image I've always had of brinty :)

but the fans and people who work for the club are different. of course we don't really want the manager being sentimental but does that mean fans have to adopt the same professional attitude? if fans are not sentimental then what is the point of being fans? or maybe giggs just never really got into the hearts of the fans?

United is not a retirement home, it is a sport's team, the aim of a sport's team is to do their best to win.
    Giggs is years past his best before date for United.

There are plenty of things to be sentimental about towards the team you support, but letting sentimentality interfere with what is best for the club or team is a big problem.
    We can all look back and remember great moments for people like Giggs and be sentimental about those moments, but it should be zero about moments like the present with Giggs, he offers nothing and has been a part of two failed management teams at the club.

every player needs to get paid, probably earning 10m for a season, no transfer fee involved though.

United is not a retirement home, it is a sport's team, the aim of a sport's team is to do their best to win.

There are plenty of things to be sentimental about towards the team you support, but letting sentimentality interfere with what is best for the club or team is a big problem.
    We can all look back and remember great moments for people like Giggs and be sentimental about those moments, but it should be zero about moments like the present with Giggs, he offers nothing and has been a part of two failed management teams at the club.

i thought we were not going to talk about fellaini anymore... :p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

I get what your saying rob but that is an extremely black and white way of looking at it.

I agree what your saying about giggs present but to support a football club is to take us away from reality, I love all the romantic thoughts of United and yes you may call it deluded but if I didnt i wouldnt see point in supporting United if I only took enjoyment out the club having to do everything perfect and its all about winning.

When giggs goes I'll be disappointed I understand why he has to go and I agree with it but I'll be devastated it didn't work out because he was one of the first kids to cine thew when I started following United and I've loved watching him my entire time. I'll never be able to take enjoyment from the fact he is no longer at our club he is a massive part of man united and I'm glad that Mourinho isn't sentimental about it but that don't mean I can't be.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement