Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2016 - Mod Warning Post #6863

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭Polo_Mint

Obviously he has no problem getting the deals done as long as the targets are set early on.

This only works when you have a Manager like Jose

Chelsea used to have most of there signings within the first weeks of the transfer season.

He was also free to tap up players for the past 6 months.

I would guarantee that Jose has done all the leg work and Woodward signs the cheques.

AS long as Jose is there you will have more Agents approaching United then United approaching Agents.

Woodwards life has become alot easier.

Instead of Woodward dealing with the players, he just needs to secure the release of players from their clubs.

This gets easier again if the Agents and Players are also pushing for the move

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Keep seeing Kroos brought up. Has there been any indication at all that he wants to go, that Real want to let him got he would want us over any other suitors should he be leaving?

• Not sure how true this is;

"One reason why United’s transfer activity has escalated over the last week (Mourinho was frustrated in June) is because the structure has changed. Moyes and Van Gaal were both left frustrated by possible transfers having to be referred to the Glazers in Tampa and that is now understood to no longer be the case. Mourinho has agreed a transfer pot with the Glazers and it is up to him how he spends it on proven targets."

• Registered Users Posts: 33,754 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Not sure how true this is;

"One reason why United’s transfer activity has escalated over the last week (Mourinho was frustrated in June) is because the structure has changed. Moyes and Van Gaal were both left frustrated by possible transfers having to be referred to the Glazers in Tampa and that is now understood to no longer be the case. Mourinho has agreed a transfer pot with the Glazers and it is up to him how he spends it on proven targets."

"Proven targets" is an interesting term. Hope this is the case as it would be far more streamlined to get deals done.

• Zlatans Documentary Trailer

https://www.theguardian.com/football/video/2016/jul/08/becoming-zlatan-trailer-for-ibrahimovic-documentary-video?

Gota laugh at "If you **** me I will **** You!"

:P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,596 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Not sure how true this is;

If it's from MEN and Stuey I would say it's bull**** and made up to counter that as soon as he reported that Jose was frustrated about signings, we signed players..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

Marcelo Bielsa, a name a few put here years ago for United job has quit as boss of Lazio after 2 days!!

He also quit Marseille after 1 game

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,596 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

bangkok wrote: »
    Marcelo Bielsa, a name a few put here years ago for United job has quit as boss of Lazio after 2 days!!

He also quit Marseille after 1 game

I think I read something about him being approached for the Argentina job and that it was too good for him to turn down.. crazy bastard :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,372 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Bradz213 wrote: »
    I would say you aren't familiar. Find me evidence of a match where he ran the show and wasn't part of a 3 man midfield against reputable opposition?

He was in a 3 last night and was effective. Same for the 2014 World Cup.
    Any big Real Madrid game, he is part of a 3 man midfield. They played Barca last season with him and I think Modric in a 2 and were beaten 4-0.

He's a fantastic player and I'd love to sign him if we were to play a 4-3-3 but can't see that happening
    You can't see a team that has played 4-3-3 for years and a manager who has played 4-3-3 for years playing 4-3-3? Strange one.

As for the first paragraph I'd be unsure of how many games Kroos has ever played in a 2 man midfield.

• Hayley at lunch time
    Nice

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,161 ✭✭✭jharr100

Hayley at lunch time
    Nice

Pic or gtfo

• Registered Users Posts: 1,789 ✭✭✭Coat22

Good and all and Jose is, and Ed is now supposed to be.....signing Jesus would be a masterstroke. Surely Moses would have to follow?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2016/07/08/manchester-united-transfer-news-and-rumours-live/

• jharr100 wrote: »
    Pic or gtfo

Boom

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

Boom

God bless Hayley

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,775 ✭✭✭jimmytwotimes 2013

TFM might get some decent playing time this season, looked a prospect last year and I think I remember reading that Jose doesn't like having two small full backs.

According to Wiki Darmian is 6ft, Shaw 6ft1 and Fosu-Mensah is 6ft 3. Wiki could be way off there as Shaw is the smallest 6ft 1 I've seen in my life :)

Anyway, Fosu-Mensah's height could play to his advantage assuming he continues to impress.

TFM might get some decent playing time this season, looked a prospect last year and I think I remember reading that Jose doesn't like having two small full backs.

According to Wiki Darmian is 6ft, Shaw 6ft1 and Fosu-Mensah is 6ft 3. Wiki could be way off there as Shaw is the smallest 6ft 1 I've seen in my life :)

Anyway, Fosu-Mensah's height could play to his advantage assuming he continues to impress.

agh here
    Azpilicueta was 5'10"

Coat22 wrote: »
    Good and all and Jose is, and Ed is now supposed to be.....signing Jesus would be a masterstroke. Surely Moses would have to follow?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2016/07/08/manchester-united-transfer-news-and-rumours-live/

So if everything went to plan according to the Telegraph...apart from signing Jesus.

Possible team:

De Gea
    Darmian-Smalling-Bailly-Shaw
    Matuidi
    Pogba
    Mkhitaryan--Rooney--Martial
    Ibrahimovic

RobertKK wrote: »
    So if everything went to plan according to the Telegraph...apart from signing Jesus.

Possible team:

De Gea
    Matuidi
    Pogba
    Ibrahimovic

So we'll have
    God - Jose
    Jesus - Gabriel Jesus
    Who's the holy spirit...

and the virgin mary???

brinty wrote: »

Possible team:

De Gea
    Matuidi
    Pogba
    Ibrahimovic

So we'll have
    God - Jose
    Jesus - Gabriel Jesus
    Who's the holy spirit...

and the virgin mary???

The Virgin Mary left last week after 29 years

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭IamtheWalrus

Buy him for 100m now and sell him to Madrid for 120m in 3 years.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,775 ✭✭✭jimmytwotimes 2013

agh here
    Azpilicueta was 5'10"

What's two inches is what I've always said........

So we'll have
    God - Jose
    Jesus - Gabriel Jesus
    Who's the holy spirit...

and the virgin mary???

Raiola the holy spirit guiding his players, and I don't think there are any virgins...

If it is true that Juventus are looking to sign Alexis Sanchez, it might indicate they are ready to sell. His agent told Arsenal he wants to leave.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,531 ✭✭✭magnumbud

So we'll have
    God - Jose
    Jesus - Gabriel Jesus
    Who's the holy spirit...

and the virgin mary???

we have the father of dragons mick targaryen

• Registered Users Posts: 1,161 ✭✭✭jharr100

Pep putting me to sleep.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,831 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Anyone prefer us to go all out for Kante and Greizmann?

Surely both will be targets for clubs this summer and can be bought for the proposed cash being spent on Pogba?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭TheDoctor

Ah Pep, the guy who couldn't hack the pressure of managing the best club team in the world and then failed to replicate the man he replaced at Bayern.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Nalz wrote: »

Surely both will be targets for clubs this summer and can be bought for the proposed cash being spent on Pogba?

Greizmann just signed a contract extension with a release clause of 100m Euros. Even if we activated it, he has given no indications he isn't happier being the star man at a team competing at he top levels.

Kante is supposedly off to Real as their backup to Pogba.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

TheDoctor wrote: »
    Ah Pep, the guy who couldn't hack the pressure of managing the best club team in the world and then failed to replicate the man he replaced at Bayern.

LOL you keep telling yourself that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

Possible team:

De Gea
    Matuidi
    Pogba
    Ibrahimovic

no chance we signing 2 new midfielders, we are overloaded in there already.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Boom

Would you say she'd be into a bit of rough?

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭Bradz213

Liam O wrote: »
    You can't see a team that has played 4-3-3 for years and a manager who has played 4-3-3 for years playing 4-3-3? Strange one.

As for the first paragraph I'd be unsure of how many games Kroos has ever played in a 2 man midfield.

I find it hard to see Januzaj, Valencia, Young, Rooney, Martial, Januzaj, Lingard, Depay and Mkhitaryan vying for 3 positions let alone 2.
    Kroos has mostly played in a 2 at Real when the opposition was considerably weaker.

TheDoc wrote: »
    Would you say she'd be into a bit of rough?

That's discusting talk have some respect poor marsbar and cookie dough.

wi7dj5.jpg

Nalz wrote: »

Yep

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,460 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

Hayley at lunch time
    Nice

Sad that there isn't more Natalie love around here.

:(

jayo26 wrote: »

wi7dj5.jpg

Good man Jay, another edit to go I think :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭TheDoctor

LOL you keep telling yourself that.

Tell me which part isn't factually correct?

stankratz wrote: »
    Good man Jay, another edit to go I think :pac:

Fed up editing my posts haha stupid phone and me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

If by couldn't hack the pressure you mean, won 14 trophies in 4 seasons, then yes, he couldn't hack the pressure.

And by failed to replcate the success at Bayern, you mean, didn't achieve a historic treble which has only been done a handful of times in history, then yes, he couldn't hack the pressure.

Make no mistake about it, whether we like it or not, City will be challenging on all fronts as long as Guardiola is there.

Tell me which part isn't factually correct?

Well where is the facts that he couldn't handle Barcelona? He won everything in the game with them.

Same with bayern he won the league every time he was there just because they didn't win champions league under him don't make it a failure.

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭Bradz213

Think Guardiola was more mentally drained at Barca. Got to admire him for stepping down when he felt he needed a break rather than being not fully committed. I did think the 09 Barca was far better to watch than the 11 one.

I do think sometimes he tries to be a bit inventive with his tactics but he can afford to do that when he was cruising to titles with Bayern.

I'm interested to see how he does with City as the squad needs more work than others.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,830 ✭✭✭Cookie_Dough

wi7dj5.jpg

Ha it's grand, throw up some Daley Blind pictures and we will be even :D:cool:

Fed up editing my posts haha stupid phone and me.

Was just laughing here, cause I must have read your post twice each side of reloading the page. I saw the ninja edit, but the word you edited was still wrong :pac: Not on spell patrol here, just having one of those days where I'm too easily amused!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,776 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

keane2097 wrote: »
    Every time I click into this thread it seems like I get an addition to the ignore list.

Yep.

stankratz wrote: »
    Was just laughing here, cause I must have read your post twice each side of reloading the page. I saw the ninja edit, but the word you edited was still wrong :pac: Not on spell patrol here, just having one of those days where I'm too easily amused!

Your fine pal ha I do be doing different things at same time here and most of my posts do be fuked up and then I go back and look at them and I'm like what was I typing ha.

Peps going to 'try' then! Cant remember Jose using that word in his press conference!

"We're going to try and be more consistent in our game. Maybe we're not going to win every day. But we are going to try."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,640 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

zorro2566 wrote: »
    Peps going to 'try' then! Cant remember Jose using that word in his press conference!

"We're going to try and be more consistent in our game. Maybe we're not going to win every day. But we are going to try."

Like Moyes talk to me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

DrPhilG wrote: »
    Sad that there isn't more Natalie love around here.

:(

More of an Alex Hammond man myself. I don't get the Hayley thing either

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

More of an Alex Hammond man myself. I don't get the Hayley thing either

You're dead to me.

Jayop wrote: »
    You're dead to me.

In fairness, she is not Emily Ratajkowski with her Lady Godiva tweets...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Manutd_4life

Can't wait for the Manchester derbies!!!! The hype is going to be insane. Jose vs Pep 2.0 Premier League edition

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement