Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2016 - Mod Warning Post #6863

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,754 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

4 weeks Sunday to the Charity Shield, won't feel it coming.

With the preseason games starting tomorrow week, it will be like no break for soccer fans.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭TheDoctor

jayo26 wrote: »
    Well where is the facts that he couldn't handle Barcelona? He won everything in the game with them.

Same with bayern he won the league every time he was there just because they didn't win champions league under him don't make it a failure.

He quit as he couldn't mentally keep going with the best team at the time. Imagine if he actually had a difficult team to manage. Since then Enrique has matched what Pep did showing it wasn't that amazing.

He then took Munich backwards from when he took them over. Would have won another Champions League if they kept Heynckes as he easily has them the new dominant force in Europe (7-0 win v Barca in a semi final)

Think he will get found out at City.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

RobertKK wrote: »
    In fairness, she is not Emily Ratajkowski with her Lady Godiva tweets...

Meh, photoshopped to the point where the pics look like something from an Xbox game. Hayley is a real person and we only see real photos of her. I'm in love.

• Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Delboy5

Richard Keys ‏@richardajkeys 15m15 minutes ago
    Pogba deal is going to cost Utd 125m Euro's + wages. Agents fees 20m. Paperwork is being done in London. Move fast Madrid if you want him.

TBF, pep has done amazingly well with 2 already awesome squads. He's never been faced with an aging squad like City's.

In 2013 when he took over Bayern they were the reigning League, Cup and Champions League winners.
    In 2008 when he took over Barca they were only 2 yeas from being league, and Champions League winner and inherited a squad that were in the Cl semi-final that year with a squad including, Valdes, Puyol, Yaya, Messi, Xavi, Deco, Iniesta, Henry and Eto.

In 2016 he's coming into a City team that won the League cup in the last 2 years when the league was there for any half decent side.

Still getting Yaya again though so every cloud.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,294 ✭✭✭LiamoSail

Delboy5 wrote: »
    Richard Keys ‏@richardajkeys 15m15 minutes ago
    Pogba deal is going to cost Utd 125m Euro's + wages. Agents fees 20m. Paperwork is being done in London. Move fast Madrid if you want him.

Does Richard Keys think the decision makers at Real are reading his tweets?

LiamoSail wrote: »
    Does Richard Keys think the decision makers at Real are reading his tweets?

I'd imagine he really does. The guy is a huge narcissist.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,460 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

More of an Alex Hammond man myself. I don't get the Hayley thing either

Hayley is nice, but Natalie wins all day.

However, this should keep everyone happy...

https://youtu.be/7KW0pbRvLZ8

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,213 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

TheDoctor wrote: »
    He quit as he couldn't mentally keep going with the best team at the time. Imagine if he actually had a difficult team to manage. Since then Enrique has matched what Pep did showing it wasn't that amazing.

He then took Munich backwards from when he took them over. Would have won another Champions League if they kept Heynckes as he easily has them the new dominant force in Europe (7-0 win v Barca in a semi final)

Think he will get found out at City.

He took Bayern backwards? They won 3 league titles and two doubles in his 3 seasons. He made the CL semis each season too. Just because they didn't repeat the treble does not mean he took them backwards.

• Advertisement

He took Bayern backwards? They won 3 league titles and two doubles in his 3 seasons. He made the CL semis each season too. Just because they didn't repeat the treble does not mean he took them backwards.

I don;t think he ttok them backwards either. The treble is a hugely difficult thing to do, as is winning the CL back to back. It's never been done in it's current format iirc.

I do though think he was handed the key's to a Ferrari twice in his career and now he's been given the keys to an aging Sierra Cosworth. Can he get that up to speed and build a squad almost from scratch?

Juventus may do this deal quickly next week, for the following reasons imo:
    They know Pogba wants to leave, and he is French but they will try and appease fans by keeping hold of Bonucci and then strengthen the team with United's money.
    They also no other team will pay up what United are offering.
    Don't think it is in the interest of Juventus to stretch this out.

Juventus may do this deal quickly next week, for the following reasons imo:
    They know Pogba wants to leave, and he is French but they will try and appease fans by keeping hold of Bonucci and then strengthen the team with United's money.
    They also no other team will pay up what United are offering.
    Don't think it is in the interest of Juventus to stretch this out.

I agree. They won't get an improved off than that if that really is what we're willing to pay so it's in their interests to either accept it now or hold onto the player for another season.

Raiola the holy spirit guiding his players, and I don't think there are any virgins...

If it is true that Juventus are looking to sign Alexis Sanchez, it might indicate they are ready to sell. His agent told Arsenal he wants to leave.

Us signing Pogba which enables bonucci to stay and juventus to buy sanhez would be a lovely triangle of business...

Can't wait for the Manchester derbies!!!! The hype is going to be insane. Jose vs Pep 2.0 Premier League edition

We have all of our Rivalries back this season even the much cooled down Arsenal games will be bigger affairs with Jose

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭TheDoctor

I'd expect to win the league if I was managing Bayern. The only ones who took a run at them were Dortmund and Munich decided to buy their best players to remove them as a threat.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,992 ✭✭✭paulbok

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Boom

Why was Moby on the right of the screen?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,233 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

The Jose effect...

What an impact he is having in transfer market... if we sign pogba what a statement by the club...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭IamtheWalrus

Jayop wrote: »
    Meh, photoshopped to the point where the pics look like something from an Xbox game. Hayley is a real person and we only see real photos of her. I'm in love.

Emily Ratajkowski is the most perfect thing there is.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭ElChe32

Margot Robbie for me. Sweet mother of jaysus she's amazing.

Emily Ratajkowski is the most perfect thing there is.

Not in that batch of electronic drawings.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Boom

Not bad, but I think she looks better here, much better

https://www.instagram.com/p/BHl0mPuDbB6/?taken-by=mcqueenhayley&hl=en

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

Balague on Twitter - "He prefers Real (no matter what people say) but United will pay more to Juventus, agent and him. United bound"

Love how Guillem Balague doesn't want to concede, as he pretends he knows more than the French press.

https://twitter.com/GuillemBalague/status/751450168160051201

He prefers Real (no matter what people say) but United will pay more to Juventus, agent and him. United bound

He does accept times are changing.

https://twitter.com/GuillemBalague/status/751440293820588033
    Good point. Clearly Pogba's transfer will show times have changed

He is not happy in my opinion :)

Balague clearly throwing his toys out of the pram, not being able to accept that United have beaten Real to Pogba's signature.... There's a certain German word that comes to mind in regards to all this :pac:

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Balague clearly throwing his toys out of the pram, not being able to accept that United have beaten Real to Pogba's signature.... There's a certain German word that comes to mind in regards to all this :pac:

Deutschbag? ;)

Jayop wrote: »
    Deutschbag? ;)

Wel I was thinking schadenfreude, but the above, that could certainly apply to Balague and his arrogance..

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Wel I was thinking schadenfreude, but the above, that could certainly apply to Balague and his arrogance..

Ya I know but I couldn't resist getting a dig in at Balague without breaking the rules (I hope).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Schweinsteiger!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭Polo_Mint

I dont think he is just pissed over Pogba

The Premier League has now attracted a lineup of the Top Managers in the world.

I think over the next 2 years, You could see a beeline of the best players in the world heading to the PL.

This will bring down the importance of Balague's La Liga.

The last thing he wants to be reporting on is their top players leaving spain

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭JaMarcusHustle

People seem to be a lot more confident of the deal going ahead today, have I missed something? Genuine question, not a sarky rhetorical one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

The fee is fine if he continues on the upward curve he is on.

That is an if though, the English media will give him a terrible time. There will be a lot of pressure on the lad, De Gea was close to succumbing to it when he first came he was probably very close to returning to Spain and who knows how that would have effected him psychologically.

People say we will be able to sell him at a profit to Madrid but there's a chance he won't live up to the hype, he could throw his toys from the pram, and we'll sell him at a loss in a few years.

When's the last time we did really well on an outgoing transfer? Ronaldo aside.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Unearthly

If Balague is annoyed then he needs to look at his own employers who are a big reason why the Prem is flush with cash

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,372 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Pogba has a lot of talent but is very naive and lacks discipline. I do enjoy watching him and maybe Mourinho can rein him in a bit but i think he needs a lot of work if he's not going to be the most advanced in a midfield 3. Even then I'd doubt his ability to score enough to justify that position the same way someone like Griezmann could. Would be happy to see him signed but unsure if he's a sure thing to be a success.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

If Pogba joins then it looks like our business is all but done.

I love the way Jose always seems to agree with fans as to what we generally believe the squad needs. He has done it consistently with all of his clubs. I could probably go back over mine and many other posters posts and show that we all thought we needed a Centre Back, a Midfielder, a Wide Right, and a Proper Striker. It looks like we will achieve that with time to spare.

Id say Blind and Mata will leave before the window closes as I don't think there is smoke without fire it their case. Then we may get 1 more signing if someone interests us.

Exciting though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭Flint Fredstone

GSPfan wrote: »
    If Pogba joins then it looks like our business is all but done.

I love the way Jose always seems to agree with fans as to what we generally believe the squad needs. He has done it consistently with all of his clubs. I could probably go back over mine and many other posters posts and show that we all thought we needed a Centre Back, a Midfielder, a Wide Right, and a Proper Striker. It looks like we will achieve that with time to spare.

Id say Blind and Mata will leave before the window closes as I don't think there is smoke without fire it their case. Then we may get 1 more signing if someone interests us.

Exciting though.

Or, you know, actually sees what the squad needs.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

People seem to be a lot more confident of the deal going ahead today, have I missed something? Genuine question, not a sarky rhetorical one.

L'Equippe, the French based paper that usually is very reliable for French player news, are saying he has told friends and players he wants to go to United, and that an agreement is in place between player and United. Just need to get Juvi to accept now.

Or, you know, actually sees what the squad needs.

What?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,632 ✭✭✭✭Sand

What?

The way you phrased it is awkward. Jose probably couldn't care less what the fans think of the squad. He reached his own opinion. The gaps at striker, right wing and centre midfield were just glaring that even amateurs like the fans could see it.

I actually disagree on the CB position and Blind departing. If there is a problem at centre back its unlikely to be solved by another young centre back learning the ropes and likely unable to lead and organise at least next season.

I actually dont get the whole 'Oh X has to go now'. The squad was hugely criticised for being too small last season. 3-4 players are being added. Carrick and Schweinsteiger are both a year older and will likely have even less games this season. There is no reason for anyone to depart given a successful campaign will likely have 50+ games and severe fixture congestion at times.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭Flint Fredstone

What?

Sorry, that looks a bit weird reading back on it alright :o
    I mean it's no coincidence that he's strengthening the positions we've all been crying out for, it's plain as day to most sane people.
    We've been so used to Fergie just not bothering with CM and Louis buying 4 LBs when we need a winger that it's refreshing when someone comes in and gets stuff sorted early.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

Lithium93_ wrote:
    Balague clearly throwing his toys out of the pram, not being able to accept that United have beaten Real to Pogba's signature.... There's a certain German word that comes to mind in regards to all this

Wunderbar....
    Das is good,ya....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

Schweinsteiger!

Poor pig tiger

Here is video of Guillem Balague trying to imply how United are crazy compared to Real Madrid, and again dismissing that a player would actually choose United over Real Madrid.
    https://twitter.com/redreveal/status/751495751298146308

At least United can afford to buy a £100 million plus player every year, without the need to sell, and still be within the FFP rules.
    He should be addressing why our rival Real Madrid are lacking cash.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

Sand wrote: »
    If there is a problem at centre back its unlikely to be solved by another young centre back learning the ropes and likely unable to lead and organise at least next season.

I don't actually think we have much of a problem defensively. We may not have Rio and Vidic but then neither does anybody else, there is a dearth of top quality defenders out there and so I think our lot is as good as any other team. Smalling is entering his prime and hopefully Bailly is worth his place. With Darmian and Shaw at full back, Rojo, Jones, Blind, Borthwick Jackson and Mensah as back ups and plenty of midfield protection we have as good a defensive unit as any of our rivals.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭fatherted1969

Got word today that I've got my tickets for the charity shield next month. Happy days ☺ just myself and my two boys. Haven't been to Wembley since the Rumbelows cup final of 91. Choo cho

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,233 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

Got word today that I've got my tickets for the charity shield next month. Happy days ☺ just myself, Ray and my two boys. Haven't been to Wembley since the Rumbelows cup final of 91. Choo cho
    FYP ;)

• Advertisement

Sorry, that looks a bit weird reading back on it alright :o
    I mean it's no coincidence that he's strengthening the positions we've all been crying out for, it's plain as day to most sane people.
    We've been so used to Fergie just not bothering with CM and Louis buying 4 LBs when we need a winger that it's refreshing when someone comes in and gets stuff sorted early.

Yeah exactly. Thats my point. I love that he see's the obvious. Ferguson frustrated the life out of me. Best manager ever and all but jesus his transfer activity annoyed me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,161 ✭✭✭jharr100

MEN suggest that selling Mata would trigger unrest in the dressing room.
    I would be sad to see him go alright though..
    And Blind too ... nothing wrong with a few John O Shea type utility players in any squad.

Sand wrote: »
    The way you phrased it is awkward. Jose probably couldn't care less what the fans think of the squad. He reached his own opinion. The gaps at striker, right wing and centre midfield were just glaring that even amateurs like the fans could see it.

To be clear, I was saying its a good thing he thinks along the same lines as the majority of fans as its refreshing compared to many a manager before him and probably after him.
    No matter how awkward it was phrased I'm surprised you think I meant he buys players to satisfy us. That would be mental. Hence why I said "it seems".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,225 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Didn't Mourinho sell Mata because he thought Oscar was the next big thing? That worked out well for him.

Mata isn't going anywhere.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Here is video of Guillem Balague trying to imply how United are crazy compared to Real Madrid, and again dismissing that a player would actually choose United over Real Madrid.
    https://twitter.com/redreveal/status/751495751298146308

At least United can afford to buy a £100 million plus player every year, without the need to sell, and still be within the FFP rules.
    He should be addressing why our rival Real Madrid are lacking cash.

Lads madrid are not short of cash I don't believe that for one minute and I wouldn't be getting all over confident about pogba either we are basically going on what the press are saying and they seem to be lead by his agent.

It could easily be the case that he is feeding the stories to drive up the price or put pressure on madrid.

Could you imagine the horror in Spain if we fuk them over two summers In a row they would be war. I have to admit I'd love that part tho of it did happen.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement