Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2016 - Mod Warning Post #6863

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,424 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

J. Marston wrote: »
    Didn't Mourinho sell Mata because he thought Oscar was the next big thing? That worked out well for him.

Mata isn't going anywhere.

Not on its own, he also had more faith in Hazard and Willian.

Mata looks like he is going to have the same problem now, Jose is going to have his fourth signing, Mkhitaryan, Rooney and Martial ahead of Mata.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,596 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

jayo26 wrote: »
    Lads madrid are not short of cash I don't believe that for one minute and I wouldn't be getting all over confident about pogba either we are basically going on what the press are saying and they seem to be lead by his agent.

It could easily be the case that he is feeding the stories to drive up the price or put pressure on madrid.

Could you imagine the horror in Spain if we fuk them over two summers In a row they would be war. I have to admit I'd love that part tho of it did happen.

Well the L'Equipe article came out written by a fella that had a one on one with Pogba in the French camp the day before the Germany game. Thats where the 'He would rather come to United' is all coming from.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

I posted that article through sports witness this morning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

astradave wrote: »
    Well the L'Equipe article came out written by a fella that had a one on one with Pogba in the French camp the day before the Germany game. Thats where the 'He would rather come to United' is all coming from.

Hope ye are all right then :) do you think that if madrid decided fuk it were not gonna lose him that it wouldn't throw a spanner in the works?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Mata in a properly functioning team is something I've longed to see

Would be crazy to sell him

Mata in a properly functioning team is something I've longed to see

Would be crazy to sell him

Still my favourite player.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Thepoet85

RobertKK wrote: »
    Here is video of Guillem Balague trying to imply how United are crazy compared to Real Madrid, and again dismissing that a player would actually choose United over Real Madrid.
    https://twitter.com/redreveal/status/751495751298146308

At least United can afford to buy a £100 million plus player every year, without the need to sell, and still be within the FFP rules.
    He should be addressing why our rival Real Madrid are lacking cash.

Christ what a bellend

father-ted-careful-now-001_400x400.jpg

Jayop wrote: »
    I posted that article through sports witness this morning.

Sorry I actually didn't see your post so just went back to have a look. It does seem the French press have some inside knowledge alright :):)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,619 ✭✭✭caviardreams

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,948 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

3rd time lucky caviar

Mars Bar wrote: »
    3rd time lucky caviar

Worth waiting for :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,640 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

I wish I could hug Mata

Headshot wrote: »
    I wish I could hug Mata

Hey, there's a queue. A long queue.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭Western Pomise

If Mourinho isn't told he has to balance the books a bit with sales...IF we sign Pogba....you could see Mata kept to play a no 10 role but he would not be in Mourinhos first choice side...either would Rooney be IMO.

Rooney might have being 2/3 years ago when he was a more forceful player.If Utd got a few injuries upfront it would be better to have Mata avail to slot in....than selling him for damn all as is being hinted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

RobertKK wrote: »
    Love how Guillem Balague doesn't want to concede, as he pretends he knows more than the French press.

https://twitter.com/GuillemBalague/status/751450168160051201

He prefers Real (no matter what people say) but United will pay more to Juventus, agent and him. United bound

He does accept times are changing.

https://twitter.com/GuillemBalague/status/751440293820588033
    Good point. Clearly Pogba's transfer will show times have changed

He is not happy in my opinion :)

It's all rather hilarious, because a little earlier in the day he posted:

"Real Madrid have still got a lot to say about the Pogba transfer. WHATEVER HAPPENS at the end, NOW it's by no means a foregone conclusion"

The man hasn't a clue.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,767 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

Is he wrong though? Based on reports it seems that Pogba does want RM but MU are going so much over the odds that there is really little choice.

MU are basically offering whatever price it takes. Of course RM has done the exact same numerous times so no point complaining about it.

Leroy42 wrote: »
    Is he wrong though? Based on reports it seems that Pogba does want RM but MU are going so much over the odds that there is really little choice.

MU are basically offering whatever price it takes. Of course RM has done the exact same numerous times so no point complaining about it.

The most reliable source so far says otherwise.

Anyway.

The Adidas website have a United related page, with all stories and snippets about the club, tickets, competitions and classic kit collections etc.

Check it out and see what stands out.

http://www.adidas.com/uk/apps/frontrow/?cm_mmc=AdiPartner_ManU-_-football-_-Twitter-_-post-_-dv:brand-_-cn:mourinho-_-pc:crm

I'll give you a hint.

Attachment not found.

DONE DEALIO

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Seen Di Marzio mention Pogba won't push to leave Juve. The agent will cause of his fee.

Bascially Pogba will lose bonus if he hands in request. Also being said Juve don't need the money. Who turns down 100 plus million though.

http://www.football-italia.net/87053/juventus-can-reject-€120m-pogba?mobile=off

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Jayop wrote: »
    The most reliable source so far says otherwise.

Anyway.

The Adidas website have a United related page, with all stories and snippets about the club, tickets, competitions and classic kit collections etc.

Check it out and see what stands out.

http://www.adidas.com/uk/apps/frontrow/?cm_mmc=AdiPartner_ManU-_-football-_-Twitter-_-post-_-dv:brand-_-cn:mourinho-_-pc:crm

I'll give you a hint.

Attachment not found.

DONE DEALIO

What am I missing?

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭MuPpItJoCkEy

MrMac84 wrote: »
    What am I missing?

Adidas page dedicated to Man United and there's Pogba's head up near the top.

Does look like they know something and they're also Real Madrids sponsors so it's certainly interesting.

Adidas page dedicated to Man United and there's Pogba's head up near the top.

Does look like they know something and they're also Real Madrids sponsors so it's certainly interesting.

Yep and given how some of our other deals have been announced or released you wouldn't be surprised if that's the case

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

The Positivity is just unbearable in here these days.

We need more rage.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,992 ✭✭✭paulbok

We need more rage.....

Ok then, I'll give it a try.......

would we not be better off spending that money buying back Welbeck and Nani?
    Neither should have been sold.

/Runs

• Registered Users Posts: 32 njjj

I doubt there would ever be a manager like Sir Alex Ferguson, people, that man was always bringing manchester to finish on top (1st, 2nd and few time in 3rd position) for several years

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

Have you seen the video of Koeman signing stuff for fans and being asked about Juan Mata? He replies that "Yes, it is possible".

Interesting. I think its a certainty Mata will leave I just hope its to a club I like so I can continue to wish him well. I'd also like a good transfer fee for him so that its possible to re-invest in the squad if he leaves. Paying £100 million for Pogba has to seriously dent the transfer budget. I'd say after Pogba the budget is spent and Mourinho will only get more money if he sells. He pretty much said as much in his press conference.

• The Positivity is just unbearable in here these days.

We need more rage.....

Berbatov, Nani, Hernandez were all crap.....
    Glad we are selling Mata
    De Gea is on his way to City
    Martial should be sent out on Loan
    Rooney needs to play in defensive midfield
    We should sack Jose and give Giggs the Job
    I hate Hayley McQueen
    We should rename Old Trafford to "GimpTown"
    Pogba to sign a contract extension at Juve
    His name is M!Ck^atarian not ****ing Micky Ryan
    Weekends suck
    I hate beer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

I think Jose made it clear when asked about signings that if anyone did leave the squad they would be replaced. That was in the cmtext of after his four targets were signed.

I don't expect anyone to be sold because of who has been signed(including Pogba if it happens) and if anyone does move in the summer a replacement will be brought in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

We need more rage.....

Basically you're all getting way ahead of yourselves.

Zlatan is past it. Good for scoring in a B league but not much else.

Miki Targaryean is Kagawa MK II.

Hard to separate them for flop of the season.

Pogba going to Real.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,196 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Probably a need to ease the wage bill rather than funds in either case would be sad to see Mata go he's awesome.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Berbatov, Nani, Hernandez were all crap.....
    Glad we are selling Mata
    De Gea is on his way to City
    Martial should be sent out on Loan
    Rooney needs to play in defensive midfield
    We should sack Jose and give Giggs the Job
    I hate Hayley McQueen
    We should rename Old Trafford to "GimpTown"
    Pogba to sign a contract extension at Juve
    His name is M!Ck^atarian not ****ing Micky Ryan
    Weekends suck
    I hate beer

Ah Mick calm down :D:D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭fuzzydunlop85

Wonder if Mata could be used in a player plus cash deal for Pogba? Wouldn't be keen to see him go, but it's obvious that Jose doesn't fancy him and I remember him being linked to Juve a few times over the last year. Would take a bit of pressure of Pogba also if he wasn't the first 100 million player, maybe 75/80 mill plus Mata.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

http://m.bbc.com/sport/football/36753782

Manchester United are interested in signing Paul Pogba but there is no deal imminent for the France midfielder.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,500 ✭✭✭Your Airbag

So it looks like Pogba is a no go. We should not go above €120 under any circumstances.

Pursue Kroos, Veratti or someone else instead.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

We need more rage.....

You want rage?

Danny Welbeck. Discuss. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭IamtheWalrus

Prediction: Real announce Pogba next week with fee including add-ons of 100m. If he wants to go there and Real want him, then there's only one conclusion.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭ciantheod

Prediction: Real announce Pogba next week with fee including add-ons of 100m. If he wants to go there and Real want him, then there's only one conclusion.

If so I would hope we pick up Kroos from them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,842 ✭✭✭s8n

Bitter ballbag

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭Pickpocket

s8n wrote: »
    Bitter ballbag

What exactly is his problem? Or is he just an Iberian Eamon Dunphy?

Pickpocket wrote: »

He enjoys the attention of the reaction basically or else he is on boards and has seen what we think of him.

Pickpocket wrote: »

He hates the fact that the EPL is showing up his beloved LaLiga.. he thinks the Spanish league is the be all and end all of football and is bitter that someone would have the gall to choose England over Spain.

Edit: he is also very good friends with Rafa I think which could be another reason why he hates United :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

Ha ha. Guillem is taking it all oddly personal. His twitter must be full of United fans giving him abuse.

My only hope for the Pogba thing is that it is over within a few weeks either way. If he wants to go to Real and they are willing to pay for him then no harm done. We can move on to other targets.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭Toobz

So it looks like Pogba is a no go. We should not go above €120 under any circumstances.

Pursue Kroos, Veratti or someone else instead.

Don't think you'd even get Gary Breen for €120 :pac:

If we do miss out on Pogba theres plenty of other world class mercenaries lying in wait for the big pay cheque.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Ain't he Rafa's buddy? Both bitter as each other

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭Polo_Mint

GSPfan wrote: »
    Ha ha. Guillem is taking it all oddly personal. His twitter must be full of United fans giving him abuse.

My only hope for the Pogba thing is that it is over within a few weeks either way. If he wants to go to Real and they are willing to pay for him then no harm done. We can move on to other targets.

I think if he is going to United, It will be confirmed next week.

The guy will need a Holiday after the Euros and wont want to be bothered by the press.

Also Juve will want the cash early so they an start signing to keep the fans happy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,924 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

I have a lot more confidence that we won't be messed around with Jose in charge. He knows RM & I am sure that he has contingency plans.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,754 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

https://twitter.com/GuillemBalague/status/751724204731621376

I really like this article 1f60a.png: Pogba favours Madrid over Manchester United but Real will be priced out http://www.skysports.com/football/news/12087/10494459/paul-pogba-favours-real-madrid-over-manchester-united-but-real-fear-being-priced-out-says-guillem-balague … @SkySports

The thing is it is an article he wrote himself, I would hope he would like an article he wrote.
    He is going through a midlife crisis in my opinion.
    He sees the fall of La Liga for PL dominance - the best managers are now there and next it will be the players and then it will be European titles.
    He is suffering from the green eyed monster.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

his beard is absolutely ridiculous too.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement