Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2016 - Mod Warning Post #6863

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

for a man who majority on here think he full of crap, ye do a lot of talking about Ballague and posting links to his twitter...:rolleyes:

also regarding all the cash in the premier league, if you were to name a 1-11 of best players in the world, apart from de gea and possibly pogba, all the best players in the world play in la liga

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭JaMarcusHustle

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,026 ✭✭✭duffman13

RobertKK wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/GuillemBalague/status/751724204731621376

I really like this article 1f60a.png: Pogba favours Madrid over Manchester United but Real will be priced out http://www.skysports.com/football/news/12087/10494459/paul-pogba-favours-real-madrid-over-manchester-united-but-real-fear-being-priced-out-says-guillem-balague … @SkySports

The thing is it is an article he wrote himself, I would hope he would like an article he wrote.
    He is going through a midlife crisis in my opinion.
    He sees the fall of La Liga for PL dominance - the best managers are now there and next it will be the players and then it will be European titles.
    He is suffering from the green eyed monster.

Someone from United definitely pissed in his ****ing cornflakes! Very ****in petty from him

bangkok wrote: »
    for a man who majority on here think he full of crap, ye do a lot of talking about Ballague and posting links to his twitter...:rolleyes:

He's posting specifically about United and dismissing them because we may sign a player ahead of Madrid. People on here are gonna mention it, doesn't mean he's not full of ****

duffman13 wrote: »
    He's posting specifically about United and dismissing them because we may sign a player ahead of Madrid. People on here are gonna mention it, doesn't mean he's not full of ****

if its true we paying his agent 25m to sign pogba its madness

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,596 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

What the actual **** are you ****ing about? Did you even reat the nonsense that he was posting.

astradave wrote: »
    What the actual **** are you ****ing about? Did you even reat the nonsense that he was posting.

yea i read it, but if ye think its all crap why bother posting about it?!

Oh I'm sorry for posting a tweet about Man United in the Man United thread.. won't happen again boss

Oh I'm sorry for posting a tweet about Man United in the Man United thread.. won't happen again boss

i dont care if ye post it or not, but you are saying he is full of crap yet post links from his twitter, probably follow his twitter account and give him a platform to voice an opinion and then share that opinion, its obviously great publicity for him and for sky sports la liga

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Haha bit rich from you criticising others for talking about crap ;););)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭billyhead

I cant see us signing Pogba. Real Madrid always seem to get their man and dont they have an upcoming transfer ban so will want to splash the cash now. Also its crazy money for a player whom can be good on occasion and is not consistent enough. Rather we go for Gante from Leicester who would cost probably less then half of the figures quoted for Pogba. With him doing the defensive midfield duties and a resurgence in Juan Mata in the attacking midfield role or even Herrera their we dont need to waste money on Pogba.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

This episode is really bringing out the bitterness in Balague

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

For bangkok, balague is GOD. He believes everything posted by Balague.

Giggsy11 wrote: »

no i dont believe everything he says but he is a well respected journalist and i think he posts storys with the info he currently has to hand

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

With the length of time that has passed it's looking like Vidal all over again, Madrid will eventually stump up the fee. Probably use him in a 3 with Modric and Kroos

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭Lukekul

no i dont believe everything he says but he is a well respected journalist and i think he posts storys with the info he currently has to hand

Well respected my arse

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,024 ✭✭✭Owryan

With the length of time that has passed it's looking like Vidal all over again, Madrid will eventually stump up the fee. Probably use him in a 3 with Modric and Kroos

Would Pogba being a tad busy playing in the Euros not be a half decent reason for things dragging out?

Maybe if things keep dragging post Euros then we can start getting worried.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Smegball

Does the BBC article not tie in with Di Marzio's tweet. He said we have agreed personal terms with Pogba but nothing has been agreed with Juventus.

I'm hoping the media have been debriefed by us to cool the media hyperbole down.

He will still end up at Real won't he :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Are you saying bangkok should change his username to balagueisgod and post one-eyed love poems to the club he supports all over the soccer forum?

I hope no one will have any problems with me posting this :P

Seems to have made the office his own anyways, is that Rooney on the TV

https://www.instagram.com/p/BHh3LW_BJ2m/

• Advertisement

Haha yeah it's one of the adds on MUTV one of the papers linked it a few days ago and said that jose was in his office on a spinner bike and on video link to wayne rooney at same time.

The level of investigation into reporting is great.

if its true we paying his agent 25m to sign pogba its madness

If what he says is true we are also paying Pogba €600-950k a week which is just horse****! I don't believe what Balague says as agent fees are transparent and reported now so if we pay Raoila 25 million, im sure a few shareholders may have questions!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

Drooling over the prospect of getting Pogba, what a team we`ll have next year

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,347 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Smegball wrote: »
    Does the BBC article not tie in with Di Marzio's tweet. He said we have agreed personal terms with Pogba but nothing has been agreed with Juventus.

I'm hoping the media have been debriefed by us to cool the media hyperbole down.

He will still end up at Real won't he :(
    Yep, I would think agreeing a fee with Juve would be the last step of the transfer. If we got to that stage the work will have been done in the other parts.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,366 ✭✭✭Robson99

Would rather us sell Mata and forget about Pogba and spend the money on Griezeman an Kante.
    A mid field 3 of Kante, Schneiderlin/Herrera, Mikateryan with Griezeman, Ibrahim / Rashford, and Martial up top wud be awesome. So may options with them 8

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Balague's coming across as a spoilt child while the whole Pogba situation unfolds.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,632 ✭✭✭✭Sand

Robson99 wrote: »
    Would rather us sell Mata and forget about Pogba and spend the money on Griezeman an Kante.
    A mid field 3 of Kante, Schneiderlin/Herrera, Mikateryan with Griezeman, Ibrahim / Rashford, and Martial up top wud be awesome. So may options with them 8

Griezemann is not necessarily gettable. He has a release clause but hes playing with a team that has competed in the CL final twice in the last three seasons and has just signed a new contract so seems happy there. Pogba is available.

Even if Griezmann was signed, I'd rather have Mata on the bench.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,948 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

jayo26 wrote: »
    Haha yeah it's one of the adds on MUTV one of the papers linked it a few days ago and said that jose was in his office on a spinner bike and on video link to wayne rooney at same time.

The level of investigation into reporting is great.

If they investigated correctly they'd have known that it was a video about the Manchester United Foundation.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,366 ✭✭✭Robson99

Sand wrote: »
    Griezemann is not necessarily gettable. He has a release clause but hes playing with a team that has competed in the CL final twice in the last three seasons and has just signed a new contract so seems happy there. Pogba is available.

Even if Griezmann was signed, I'd rather have Mata on the bench.

Possibly but is he not as available as Pogba if athletico are offered 80mil.
    Dont agree re Mata. Think both himself and Rooney should be moved on. Too SLOW IMO and just not good enough anymore

• Advertisement

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,424 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

If United spend huge on Pogba BUT sign another midfield player as well then I won't care how huge a fee it took to get Pogba.

My only worry with a big transfer is that it could take investment away from other positions in the team/squad

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

DM_7 wrote: »
    If United spend huge on Pogba BUT sign another midfield player as well then I won't care how huge a fee it took to get Pogba.

My only worry with a big transfer is that it could take investment away from other positions in the team/squad

If we get Pobga then we don't need big investments in other positions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

People not wanting Pogba because of the transfer fee are crazy. Forget the transfer fee because Mourinho knows exactly what he is doing. If he wants to empty the pockets to get the last of 4 targets then let him. Theres no obvious other positions that need to addressed after Pogba. We are set for the season unless someone leaves. And if someone leaves we reinvest the money.

Griezmann is going nowhere this Summer. We can get him next year when Zlatan finishes up because we'd be over stocked up top if he came in now. Leave him at Atletico for now and get ourselves back on top.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,424 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

If we get Pobga then we don't need big investments in other positions.

I don't follow :confused:

I don't expect additional big investment, but would have a worry that it could stop recruitment of another player at a smaller fee.

Look at Di Maria, when he struggled United didn't have sufficient pace and creativity in the squad to make up for it.

If Pogba is signed he brings a lot of things and one of those is physicality, if he need a rest, is injured etc and his physicality is lost I don't think United have the right players to fill in for him. Players like Herrera can bring creativity for example but not physical strengths.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,582 ✭✭✭NoviGlitzko

GSPfan wrote: »
    People not wanting Pogba because of the transfer fee are crazy. Forget the transfer fee because Mourinho knows exactly what he is doing. If he wants to empty the pockets to get the last of 4 targets then let him. Theres no obvious other positions that need to addressed after Pogba. We are set for the season unless someone leaves. And if someone leaves we reinvest the money.

Griezmann is going nowhere this Summer. We can get him next year when Zlatan finishes up because we'd be over stocked up top if he came in now. Leave him at Atletico for now and get ourselves back on top.
    Totally agree. I'll be the first to say I haven't seen that much of Pogba play (don't watch Seria A), but my brother is very high on him. If the money is there to be spent, spend it.

• Advertisement

https://twitter.com/LukeShaw23/status/751182505923969024?s=09

Some good news be great to get this guy back to last year's level.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Personally I don't think any player is worth £100 million, but that's the way the game has gone unfortunately. That said, United are the biggest club in the world, have the biggest fan base in the world and have the kind of revenue streams that are the envy of the footballing world. So United can well afford to flex some financial muscle and brush the likes of Madrid aside to get Pogba. And if that's what they need to do, then so be it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,582 ✭✭✭NoviGlitzko

Personally I don't think any player is worth £100 million, but that's the way the game has gone unfortunately. That said, United are the biggest club in the world, have the biggest fan base in the world and have the kind of revenue streams that are the envy of the footballing world. So United can well afford to flex some financial muscle and brush the likes of Madrid aside to get Pogba. And if that's what they need to do, then so be it.
    Put it this way - Someone is gonna break the 100M barrier very soon. Might as well be us (and getting a great talent).

Hate when people change their name and you can't remember who they use to be..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,948 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

jayo26 wrote: »
    Hate when people change their name and you can't remember who they use to be..

If it's just a name change, you can look at their about me section on their profile and it'll tell you who they were previously.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭max life

I would prefer Kante ahead of Pogba any day. A more influential player at a quarter of the price.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,235 ✭✭✭ceegee

I know 100 million is crazy money, but if you look at it relative to tv money its not actually that much. Domestic rights to the premier league have risen over 40 fold since the original deal (92-97) while pogba would only be costing less than 30 times what we paid for keane, and only 14 times what we spent on Cole.

So if you ignore the £s and look at is as a percentage of overall tv money we're getting Pogba for the same relative price we paid for David May and Jordi Cruyff combined. Bargain!!

disclaimer: my maths could be way off

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

max life wrote: »
    I would prefer Kante ahead of Pogba any day. A more influential player at a quarter of the price.

Pogba gives goals and assists from midfield and is very good at it.Kante is more of a midfield destroyer.

Put it this way,Pogba's fee is 2 Raheem Sterlings.I know what I would rather spend the £100 million on.

Mars Bar wrote: »
    If it's just a name change, you can look at their about me section on their profile and it'll tell you who they were previously.

Is that like borderline stalking ha.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭Kankan14

I'm gonna sum up the last 29 or 30 pages of this thread in 4 words.

"We might sign pogba"

I can't fathom people complaining about the fee.
    1,its not your money so don't worry.
    2,the club can clearly afford it without breaching FFP.
    3, this is the way the game is gone, fees get inflated along with wages as TV and sponsorship money goes nuts.

I for one want the mourinho/Woodward to sign the best player available in every position possible. We will be competitive as it is in this years league of that I have no doubt, but should we sign pogba he can be the difference maker and get us to where we need to be as a club, back on top.

Also great to Luke Shaw back and rearing to go. Like a new signing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,992 ✭✭✭paulbok

Are you saying bangkok should change his username to balagueisgod and post one-eyed love poems to the club he supports all over the soccer forum?

T'would make a change from the Fellaini bashing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

max life wrote: »

Not a dig at you in particular, but I really don't get these types of statements which have been popping up all of the place recently......Kante over Pogba. Or, Matuidi being our backup option if we don't get Pogba.

Pogba is a vastly different type of player to those being mentioned as alternatives.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

v3ttel wrote: »
    Not a dig at you in particular, but I really don't get these types of statements which have been popping up all of the place recently......Kante over Pogba. Or, Matuidi being our backup option if we don't get Pogba.

Pogba is a vastly different type of player to those being mentioned as alternatives.

Have to agree. A certain part of me believes defensive midfielders simply came into being to accommodate players who couldnt play centre half and weren't good enough to be all around midfielders. It's such a weird position.

Matuidi, Pogba and Kate all do different things. I think it's oretty much unquestiomable Pogba I the superior.

Unless your Harry Redknapp and you think Deli Alli is better..lolz

• Registered Users Posts: 33,754 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

https://twitter.com/duncancastles/status/752016372402688000

Duncan Castles saying total price including agent cut at €130 million for Pogba.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement