Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2016 - Mod Warning Post #6863

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

RobertKK wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/duncancastles/status/752016372402688000

Duncan Castles saying total price including agent cut at €130 million for Pogba.

I read somewhere (think it was translation of an AS article) the reason why raiola was getting plus 20 million was because he has a 20 percent sell on clause in his contract if that's the case we can understand the price been high and agents cut been so large

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

jayo26 wrote: »
    I read somewhere (think it was translation of an AS article) the reason why raiola was getting plus 20 million was because he has a 20 percent sell on clause in his contract if that's the case we can understand the price been high and agents cut been so large

Why else would he be entitled to it?

I would have thought most people would have known that agents get a %age of transfer fees.

Didn't yer man Ward get 10% of the Raheem Sterling fee last summer.

I'd imagine the "super agents" like Mendes would be getting 15% to 20% as a matter of course.

Why else would he be entitled to it?

I would have thought most people would have known that agents get a %age of transfer fees.

Didn't yer man Ward get 10% of the Raheem Sterling fee last summer.

I'd imagine the "super agents" like Mendes would be getting 15% to 20% as a matter of course.

Of course all agents have percentages that's how they make money but its usually not so hight and 20 percent written into a contract wouldnt necessarily be an agent fee as such it's part ownership wouldn't it?

Mendes gets a lot more in alot of cases because he actually owns half of players in Portugal and other places but that's not allowed in England.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭billyhead

Look folks. Don't get your hopes up on Pogba. I think he will join up with Zidane at Madrid. I am sure Greizmann is telling him positive things about the city. We should not be wasting time pursuing him. Mourinho should get am answer next week one way or another I.e you either want to join or not so we can pursue other targets then letting this drag on and wasting time pursuing him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭syngindub

how about letting the chap enjoy the fact that he is playing in the final of the European Championships tonight. Should he not be more concentrated on this than his potential club move

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,213 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

syngindub wrote: »
    how about letting the chap enjoy the fact that he is playing in the final of the European Championships tonight. Should he not be more concentrated on this than his potential club move

I'm pretty sure he's hasn't been reading this thread and is fully concentrated on the final.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

billyhead wrote: »
    Look folks. Don't get your hopes up on Pogba. I think he will join up with Zidane at Madrid. I am sure Greizmann is telling him positive things about the city. We should not be wasting time pursuing him. Mourinho should get am answer next week one way or another I.e you either want to join or not so we can pursue other targets then letting this drag on and wasting time pursuing him.

To play devils advocate....

Why would Griezmann be waxing lyrical about the city so Pogba can go and strengthen a rival team competing for the same trophies, and decrease his own chances of success next season?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,596 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

v3ttel wrote: »
    To play devils advocate....

Why would Griezmann be waxing lyrical about the city so Pogba can go and strengthen a rival team competing for the same trophies, and decrease his own chances of success next season?

Of course he wouldn't, he would be telling him to join the team that he has supported since he was a kid :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

Duncan Castles saying total price including agent cut at €130 million for Pogba.

Jesus, that's 39 million to agent.

Look, spend it if you have it and all but that's messed up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,024 ✭✭✭Owryan

billyhead wrote: »

The same basis could be used to make the argument that Martial is telling him how wonderful MUFC are and that he should sign for them.

gosplan wrote: »

Well technically it would be Juve that has to cover that if it was in the contract.. so we pay Juve for Pogba and then Juve give Mino his cut. It would be why Juve are pushing his price up.

It's basically a sell on fee. And I think it's a bit less than what aul Duncan is citing.. 20% seems to be what is being widely reported. Think Duncan has pushed it up to get his clicks and sell some papers tbh.. The Sundays always exaggerate.

Sure didn't Teves agent get 20 or 30 million when he joined city because he 100 percent own him. If it's percentage of sale that's different then agents fees.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

And its Duncan Castles:D

astradave wrote: »
    Well technically it would be Juve that has to cover that if it was in the contract.. so we pay Juve for Pogba and then Juve give Mino his cut. It would be why Juve are pushing his price up.

It's basically a sell on fee. And I think it's a bit less than what aul Duncan is citing.. 20% seems to be what is being widely reported. Think Duncan has pushed it up to get his clicks and sell some papers tbh.. The Sundays always exaggerate.

So does the agent own a slice of Pogba, like Tevez and Masch?

Sell on fee purely to agent seems silly.

• Advertisement

So does the agent own a slice of Pogba, like Tevez and Masch?

Sell on fee purely to agent seems silly.

Probably from when they first got him on a free.. they probably didn't expect that he would go for the sort of money that is around now..

The agent got the best deal possible for himself and I'd say Juve had no problem if it meant him signing at the time.

Duncan Castles saying total price including agent cut at 130 million for Pogba.

have to say I totally agree. Just morally wrong imo

have to say I totally agree. Just morally wrong imo

I won't comment on the morals. I mean if it goes to Pogba and agent or as dividends to share funds and Glazers doesn't make a difference.

Howeve there comes a point when you look at signing Pogba or Kante + Mahrez + Matuidi.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Its madness.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Also I see a lot of comments about not caring about transfer fees and it's not my money etc, but the point is(well IMO) when you are talking such huge fees I think it's only natural to question the amount and if it is the best thing for the team.

Could £100 million be spent more wisely? If spending £100 million could the team be strengthened better buying a couple of world class players at least rather than spending it on one? Is Pogba the man to spend a world record fee on?

All valid questions I think. It's an insane amount of money for any player even by today's standards and honestly, Pogba isn't even in the top five players in the world at the moment.

Look ill be delighted if Pogba signs(and I think he will) he will be a fantastic addition to the team and of course it's no skin off my nose what the transfer fee is, but there are some very valid questions to be asked about the fee.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,233 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

Lads these days in football 100 million isn't that staggering a sum.

We have been talking about transfer fees rising from day one it's gonna continue in an upwards spiral imo and in 3 years 100 million will be a standard enough transfer fee

As are saying a decision to be made next week by pogba. Hopefully it be over one way or another.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

We have been talking about transfer fees rising from day one it's gonna continue in an upwards spiral imo and in 3 years 100 million will be a standard enough transfer fee

Sadly, this is true.

Due to rapid inflation within the world of soccer, the price put forward for Pogba really is the same as was put forward for Bale and Suarez. The reality is if he comes in and helps us get back to ge top, then 100m will ultimately seem well worth it. And when I see Deeney priced at £30m and Sterling priced at, what was it, £50? And (admittedly, with add one) Martial for 80m? Then 100m on Pogba, possible the greatest midfielder of his generation, seems worth it to me.

When you want world class talent from a club that don't want to sell, and when you are atop tier team, you will need to spend cash. Would be fully confident that the money spent on Pogba would be forgotten about within a year or two.

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭merlinsmerryman

£100M or 2 Rahem Sterlings..has to still be good value. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Off topic but was a Beyonce in Croker with herself and spotted this walking out of croker...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

with all the money being spent on pogba and other players this summer, players will leave. back pages today saying up to 8 players will be sold. i think at least 3 if Pogba signs.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,213 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

bangkok wrote: »
    with all the money being spent on pogba and other players this summer, players will leave. back pages today saying up to 8 players will be sold. i think at least 3 if Pogba signs.

LVG left us with a tiny squad. There's no way 8 senior players get sold in one window.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭IamtheWalrus

Seemingly our Qatar owned neighbours have a better image then us already :)

glad to hear the hatred is back before a ball has been kicked :) seemingly you get a trophie for been nice now.

• Advertisement

Well their sources are probably Balague so take it with a pinch of salt.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭ElChe32

Don't get sucked in

Jaysus it's on the yellow ticker an all :pac:

LVG left us with a tiny squad. There's no way 8 senior players get sold in one window.

Mata
    Blind
    Fellaini
    Wilson
    Schweignstiger
    Januzaj
    Blackett
    Rojo

There is 8 players who i could see easily being sold if Pogba is signed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭0gac3yjefb5sv7

Mata
    Blind
    Fellaini
    Wilson
    Schweignstiger
    Januzaj
    Blackett
    Rojo

No way. We would have no defense.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

We've only added 3 players, one a kid one 35 to a squad that was always light with injuries last season.

I'd be surprised if we sold more than 1 or 2

Pheonix10 wrote: »
    No way. We would have no defense.

Darmian
    Fosu Mensah
    Bailly
    Smalling
    Jones
    Shaw
    Borthwich Jackson
    Valencia
    Varela
    McNair

Plenty of players there, our squad is bigger than a lot think

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,024 ✭✭✭Owryan

Mata
    Blind
    Fellaini
    Wilson
    Schweignstiger
    Januzaj
    Blackett
    Rojo

Shocked you don't have Fellaini in bold, underlined and in italics at the very top of your list

• Advertisement

Mata
    Blind
    Fellaini
    Wilson
    Schweignstiger
    Januzaj
    Blackett
    Rojo

Jose is going to love Fellaini he wont be a starter but he will use him..

Why would we sell defenders and strikers if we sign one midfielder it makes no sense

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,610 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

jayo26 wrote: »
    Seemingly our Qatar owned neighbours have a better image then us already :)

glad to hear the hatred is back before a ball has been kicked :) seemingly you get a trophie for been nice now.

Went across to the thread. What are they even trying to get at?

Jose is going to love Fellaini he wont be a starter but he will use him..

Why would we sell defenders and strikers if we sign one midfielder it makes no sense

that makes no sense!!!

we would sell them as we have signed Bailly for defense, Luke Shaw is back from injury as is Phil Jones.

Wilson isnt good enough and we have signed Ibrahimovic.

Im saying if we spend 100m on pogba, 30m on bailly, 30m on Mkhitrayan and Ibrahimovic on massive wahes, plenty of players will move the other way

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Smegball

As exciting as that tweet is it's Sky. Their sources also said City had agreed a fee for Aubameyang a few weeks ago. Bucket of salt needed.

that makes no sense!!!

we would sell them as we have signed Bailly for defense, Luke Shaw is back from injury as is Phil Jones.

Im saying if we spend 100m on pogba, 30m on bailly, 30m on Mkhitrayan and Ibrahimovic on massive wahes, plenty of players will move the other way

Jose will use Fellaini this season but he wont be a starter I cant say it any other way.

You said we would sell all them players if we signed Pogba no you are saying something else.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,634 ✭✭✭✭Sand

Why? The club is not short of money, and signed those players having significantly reduced its wage bill already. The club on the other hand was light on the player front and has to compete in the league, 2 domestic cups and Europe, so why sell anyone?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭Flint Fredstone

Went across to the thread. What are they even trying to get at?

Their drug cheat manager is a nicer guy than our eye gouging manager???

Jose will use Fellaini this season but he wont be a starter I cant say it any other way.

You said we would sell all them players if we signed Pogba no you are saying something else.

i said papers this morning said we could sell up to 8 players if pogba is signed. i named 8 that are under threat of being sold

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

that makes no sense!!!

Well yeah that's cool an all and we are all entitled to our opinion but I'm inclined to believe what the manager and commone sense says.

Sand wrote: »
    Why? The club is not short of money, and signed those players having significantly reduced its wage bill already. The club on the other hand was light on the player front and has to compete in the league, 2 domestic cups and Europe, so why sell anyone?

why keep Mata, a player worth 25m, probably on 150k a week, that the manager doesnt rate and will play hardly any games this season? Makes zero sense, player becomes unhappy, effects other players in the squad, for example de gea, what use is that to anyone. none

i said papers this morning said we could sell up to 8 players if pogba is signed. i named 8 that are under threat of being sold

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement