Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2016 - Mod Warning Post #6863

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭max life

Leroy42 wrote: »
    It the market rate for a top tier player, and based on this tournament, when he was supposed to be the main man, he is nowhere close to it.

I don't care what Utd pay for him, my question is whether he is worth buying at all. Italian League is nowhere as competitive as EPL, is he being found out on the big stage?

I agree completely. When the reported fee is a world record, you would expect him to dominate games.. I have never seen him dominate a big game. He wasn't even France's best player in the tournament.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

Seen pepe whisper to kante when he was walking up, Madrid move?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,424 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Portugal really did a Greece in that tournament, showed the value of having a manager understands the players and how to get the best from the group.

Hoping Jose can do that with United next season.

Sad for Martial, I thought he has more to contribute to the French.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

Leroy42 wrote:
    I don't care what Utd pay for him, my question is whether he is worth buying at all. Italian League is nowhere as competitive as EPL, is he being found out on the big stage?

Yea it's better than the EPL
    Juve were champions league finalists in 2015
    How did the great epl teams do
    And he was an integral part of that Juve team..

Eamo writing off pogba we are onto a superstar :D

No mention that Dechamps management was poor and his use off the players at his disposal was poor.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,754 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Eamo writing off pogba we are onto a superstar :D

No mention that Dechamps management was poor and his use off the players at his disposal was poor.

Yep, he talks about spoofers all the time and he is the biggest one.

He dismissed Ronaldo for a long time before it became untenable to continue it.

Ballbag and Eamo
    Spoofers
    Spivs
    Busted flushes...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

brinty wrote: »
    Yea it's better than the EPL
    Juve were champions league finalists in 2015
    How did the great epl teams do
    And he was an integral part of that Juve team..

It really isn't better. Juve have an excellent team, though and Pogba is a good talent. He is absolutely not worth 100m but if it doesn't stop us from buying other players down the line, it doesn't matter. Only player I'd be willing to pay 100m for right now is Messi though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,776 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

The great players save their best for the big competitions - you know, when the EPL fans are watching - real greats like James Rodriguez and El Hadji-Diouf.

Keep your Pogbas and your Mullers.

• Advertisement

• Best of luck to Gylsey

****ing Legend

I feel old after watching that tribute!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,776 ✭✭✭jimmytwotimes 2013

Not a Ronaldo fan but have to hand it to him, got Portugal to final and is some machine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

They said Ronaldo and messi had to win international honours to be considered up there with the all time legends (I disagree) but does this finally cement Ronaldo's place then? And does it put him ahead of messi? Seen as he had a major influence in the path to the final and was still driving them on from touchline.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

jayo26 wrote: »
    They said Ronaldo and messi had to win international honours to be considered up there with the all time legends (I disagree) but does this finally cement Ronaldo's place then? And does it put him ahead of messi? Seen as he had a major influence in the path to the final and was still driving them on from touchline.

Nah it won't count because he didn't score the winner. He's a spoofer is Ronaldo.

keane2097 wrote:
    The great players save their best for the big competitions - you know, when the EPL fans are watching - real greats like James Rodriguez and El Hadji-Diouf.

Salif Diao anyone?????

jayo26 wrote:

Well he's one upped Messi now
    And Messi retired from international football...
    Your call now Leo...

Does Ronnie need to become a tax dodger now though???

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭Kankan14

Your call now Leo...

Ya has to get sentenced to 22 months or more in prison.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭0gac3yjefb5sv7

Ronaldo owns Messi. No question. Not even a debate.

Your call now Leo...

Yep I won't say Ronaldo has always looked his beat playing for Portugal but he got better in this tournament and lead them in the knockouts and was a leader on the pitch tonight trying play with an injury.

People talking about pogba not having a good tournament and not leading the French team well take a look at someone like messi he rarely turned up for Argentina it don't mean that Pogba can't be a great player.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

I really don't think pogba is worth 100 million and I'm still not sure if he's as good as everyone thinks he is but he's young and has potential there for sure

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Delighted for Ronaldo.

But special mention for Nani.

Was super throughout and matured as a player.

Delighted for them both.

Oh and I love how Pogba getting stick from some in match thread. I suppose if Ronaldo and Nani does not work, yum yum ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Seriously lads, I'm skeptical about the fee for Pogba but certainly wouldn't be forming my opinion based on the Euros.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

adox wrote: »
    Seriously lads, I'm skeptical about the fee for Pogba but certainly wouldn't be forming my opinion based on the Euros.

Yup, the fee is jarring, especially so for a midfielder who won't add huge firepower to your team. But the euros is 7 games with a team of people you play one or two matches with every few months. Messi is never as good for Argentina and if it was announced tomorrow that we were buying him I'd be in dreamland.

• adox wrote: »

He was waisted in the tournament IMO
    Should have been playing further forward but the system France play is all set up to utilize Greizmann
    He was practically played as a DM
    He's defo not worth 100 million that's for sure but if we expect to go toe-to-toe against Madrid who are CL elite then Yea that's what we need to pay to get him
    Not saying we will anyway it's the usual yawn fest summer saga dragged out by Sky / Baleigue

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Is that photo of Ronaldo and Fergie hugging real?
    Class if it is but when I saw it I immediately thought it was from another game.

This one:

https://twitter.com/busbybulletin/status/752273478586425344

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

Thank God that tournament is over now. Let the transfer rumours run absolutely wild.

Looking forward to so many things this season regarding United. Theres also other things I'm weirdly excited by. Im eager to see West Hams new stadium and Anfields new main stand. But most of all I cant wait to see Zlatan standing on a pitch in a United jersey. Thats gonna be mental looking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

Class if it is but when I saw it I immediately thought it was from another game.

This one:

Dunno but Fergie was at Wimbledon today. Could have flown over I suppose.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,596 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

This one:

https://twitter.com/busbybulletin/status/752273478586425344

Well that looks like the 2016 Euro's logo on Ronnys arm. Looks legit anyways..

GSPfan wrote: »
    Thank God that tournament is over now. Let the transfer rumours run absolutely wild.

Looking forward to so many things this season regarding United. Theres also other things I'm weirdly excited by. Im eager to see West Hams new stadium and Anfields new main stand. But most of all I cant wait to see Zlatan standing on a pitch in a United jersey. Thats gonna be mental looking.

It's great and only a week to go before the first preseason game i love it.

Then we have city and Dortmund to look forward to and rooney testimonial and Wembley.

It's not far off now lads.

Ohh yhh and is the euro pass for the soccer forums finished now? That's exciting too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Totally forgot we are in Charity Shield this season.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Thepoet85

Ronaldo. Legend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,425 ✭✭✭secman

Build a bridge would ye
    It's not your money
    It's the going market rate FFS

"Build a bridge would ya." ... Bury him in the foundations... if that fcker had any interest in United he wouldn't have left the way he did.... wouldn't sign him ever....not worth that fee ever....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

We sold Nani for 4m!!!!!! Awful decision

• Registered Users Posts: 8 kellstrom

Was impressed with Nani today, he showed more maturity and less ego than his days at United. Still happy to be rid of him all things said.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 kellstrom

Was impressed with Nani today, he showed more maturity and less ego than his days at United. Still happy to be rid of him all things said.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

The picture was great, the video was even better. The affection with which Fergie says "Nani!"... And then Ronaldo's reaction. ****ing love them both ****ing bring them both back.

Edit: 10th post says I want to bring Nani back. Fitting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭Flint Fredstone

Fergie looks like a love struck teenage girl waiting to see Justin Bieber when he's waiting on Ronaldo to come down :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

Fergie looks like a love struck teenage girl waiting to see Justin Bieber when he's waiting on Ronaldo to come down :D

The look on his face when Ronaldo walks off

"I made that"

• Advertisement

Fergie looks like a proud father I loved that video.

#announcepogba

Great to see Alex enjoying football (and other sports), especially when he is getting to enjoy a lot of special moments where he had a big influence on the people involved.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,196 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Hope he was there scouting others, bring back Nani and Evra please.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭TheDoctor

The Euros have been over for about 11 hours now, why haven't we signed anyone!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

Fergie looks like a proud Dad! What a video!

Just listen to the "Nani!" "...Boss!" :pac:

Brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭ElChe32

So today I turn the big 30 (fúcking hell) and I know the club are lining up a signing in my honour. Yiz can all thank me later.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,830 ✭✭✭Cookie_Dough

ElChe32 wrote: »
    So today I turn the big 30 (fúcking hell) and I know the club are lining up a signing in my honour. Yiz can all thank me later.

Happy Birthday :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

ElChe32 wrote: »

Happy Birthday

Happy birthday ELChe32

2nlbwa0.gif

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement