Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2016 - Mod Warning Post #6863

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,597 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Is the Wigan game been shown anywhere?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,830 ✭✭✭Cookie_Dough

astradave wrote: »
    Is the Wigan game been shown anywhere?

MUTV have it but unsure about anywhere else. I would think if it's part of pre-season then MUTV have exclusive rights

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Re Fabregas.

Willian signed a new contract the other day. So the media move on to the next Chelsea player to link us with, after already doing Costa, Terry, Azp, Hazard and Matic. It will be Remy next as a backup to Ibra....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

RobertKK wrote: »
    Jose looks so happy, everything must be going to plan at training and with the 4th signing...

From looking at the entire set of pics, thought he actually looked pretty intense and gloomy.

The Church of Mourinho starting to take off ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 33,755 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

MUTV have freeview build up from 12.30pm to 1.30pm on Saturday.
    Match coverage from 1.30pm to 3.30pm.

TheDoc wrote: »
    From looking at the entire set of pics, thought he actually looked pretty intense and gloomy.

The Church of Mourinho starting to take off ;)

So we will lose to Wigan :(:p

52C9FDC6E3834EFCB171F7EFD5166458.ashx?mw=500

Mata saying "pick me, pick me pretty please"!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

The lads before training.

"Hey Juan,I see PSG offered €32 million for Tony,even he is smiling at the thought of it."

362F4A6E00000578-3685828-image-m-3_1468313139702.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Mickey Ryan now has an Instagram

https://www.instagram.com/micki_taryan/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,371 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

That picture is going to get used so much when all three are sold in the next couple of weeks.

Duncan Castles also saying that Van Gaal was against signing Renato Sanches, and United had asked Benfica to hold off on selling him until the end of the domestic season. He was a player Mourinho wanted and he was frustrated that Sanches was not signed.

He says United will sell Rojo for €12 million.
    Other players that are not wanted are Mata, Schweinsteiger and Blind.

He says United bid £35 million in January for Ighalo.

When United have their 4 priority signings, they can then replace other players who leave.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Mickey Ryan now has an Instagram

https://www.instagram.com/micki_taryan/

Someone quick post

"Welcome Mickey Ryan" :D

I'm calling utter BS on the Ighalo story - if we had bid for him in January we'd have heard about it sooner than now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Simply Red wrote: »
    Great to see Shaw there

8755_D7_DE8_DF04952_BFC3_F20_A5_D90763_A.jpg

Even better to see Jose finally doing what he should have been doing 3 years ago.

I'm calling utter BS on the Ighalo story - if we had bid for him in January we'd have heard about it sooner than now.

There were rumours last January.

http://metro.co.uk/2016/02/01/rumour-manchester-united-in-transfer-talks-to-sign-odion-ighalo-5655064/

I8 don't know how true they were.

• Advertisement

Although it looked like he had forgotten how to play football for too many of his minutes last season and couldn't be arsed for the rest, I still hope Memphis gets a chance under Jose. As a fan, I'm willing to overlook anyone's first season at the club especially if they are young and new to the league. Especially if they were playing as well as Memphis was in 2014/15.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭Polo_Mint

Looks like Bailly will get the No 6 jersey

Polo_Mint wrote: »
    Looks like Bailly will get the No 6 jersey

(NB. Squad numbers not final);)

The Forbes Rich List is out,United worth $3.32 Billion,just behind Barca and Madrid.http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11835/10500344/real-madrid-barcelona-and-manchester-united-make-top-10-on-forbes-list

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭TheDoctor

Surprised some of the NFL teams are so high. Dallas Cowboys in first haven't won a Super Bowl in 20 years.

• Advertisement

Guess who was leaking stuff from the club? Sorry Giggsy for blaming you before.

2+2=Roo.

http://www.theunitedpages.com/exclusive-uniteds-leaky-star/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

TheDoctor wrote: »
    Surprised some of the NFL teams are so high. Dallas Cowboys in first haven't won a Super Bowl in 20 years.

I said this a couple months ago it would be very similar at United of we didn't win anything either alot of our Asian fans and stuff wouldn't have a clue what we're winning or half of the players that play for us they follow a name and it's the same if you asked me to name an American football team I'll say Dallas cowboys I don't know any the rest of them or if you asked me a baseball team I'd say new York Yankees.

zerks wrote: »

2+2=Roo.

I'd call bul**** on that I seen that kinda stuff wrote in this thread constantly. Wasn't it mendes that leaked he lvg sacked story.

Rooney is alot if things but the amount of crap made up and wrote about him is unreal it's easy to twist things that have happened to make it look like him.

jayo26 wrote: »
    I'd call bul**** on that I seen that kinda stuff wrote in this thread constantly. Wasn't it mendes that leaked he lvg sacked story.

Rooney is alot if things but the amount of crap made up and wrote about him is unreal it's easy to twist things that have happened to make it look like him.

His agent is a knob and Rooney has been so poor that he would do anything to cling to the position he has at the club.

• Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Delboy5

2+2=Roo.

I've seen this suggested before on another forum........i believe it to be true.

• Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Delboy5

35m for Igalho should have had both Woodward and Van Gaal sacked on the spot. What an absolute outrageous story.

His agent is a knob and Rooney has been so poor that he would do anything to cling to the position he has at the club.

No proof whatsoever of it just pure wild speculation. When people were suggesting Rio was the mole in moyes time theyou were laughed at.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

TheDoc wrote: »
    35m for Igalho should have had both Woodward and Van Gaal sacked on the spot. What an absolute outrageous story.

When you see Deeny having bids of 30m turned down, would it be that outrageous to think they would turn down 35 for Igalho?

• Advertisement

jayo26 wrote: »
    No proof whatsoever of it just pure wild speculation. When people were suggesting Rio was the mole in moyes time theyou were laughed at.

I'll blame Tony V instead,he hasn't a word of English.:P

He wined and dined journalists and never really got crucified by them despite some absolute dogsh1t performances and proved before that he is really only interested in numero uno with his wanting to join City.It might sound like I'm bashing him and have an agenda but out of all the players at the club he was the only one who ever acted like that at the club in recent years.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

D4FF9CAF492D4F648D87B8953D2FB9E5.ashx?mw=500

The positivity tractor in the background :D

Is that Mick driving it??

I'll blame Tony V instead,he hasn't a word of English.:P

He wined and dined journalists and never really got crucified by them despite some absolute dogsh1t performances and proved before that he is really only interested in numero uno with his wanting to join City.It might sound like I'm bashing him and have an agenda but out of all the players at the club he was the only one who ever acted like that at the club in recent years.

I'd say he is the only one that acted like that and got his way to stay and more money.

We don't know how far the city story would of went it could of been a simple fact of his agent using them to get a new contract now that sounds familiar don't it.

Your not the only one to bash rooney I wouldn't hold it against you haha I just think it's so much wild speculation about him and never any proof apart from the two contract situations.

• Thanks Kerry!

Kew and the lads started mentioning a train again...boooo!

• Lord TSC wrote: »
    When you see Deeny having bids of 30m turned down, would it be that outrageous to think they would turn down 35 for Igalho?

I made the point about Sissoko for Newcastle

Different position but still mad money, but not that surprising in todays market

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Thanks Kerry!

Kew and the lads started mentioning a train again...boooo!

Can we not have both? A train has more room than a tractor anyway! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭ElChe32

What the frack is a Bobby Chinn?

ElChe32 wrote: »

It's a small Asian man called Bobby and last name chinn.

• ElChe32 wrote: »

when-you-friends-say-you-have-double-chin_o_1191463.jpg

• Advertisement

Lord TSC wrote: »

Outragous that we offered it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,460 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    when-you-friends-say-you-have-double-chin_o_1191463.jpg

!!!

Looks like Phil Jones latest injury is a melted head.

2+2=Roo.

You know, I had a feeling it was him. And while his isn't any sort of confirmation, adds weight maybe to my own thoughts on the situation.

There has been something extremely weird and odd about how Mourinho has spoken about Rooney, and the striking position since he took over. He hasn't really been that complimentary about Rooney(someone going to drop quotes now where he has)

I took it as Rooney getting a little kick up the arse, cause he has been dog ****, and Mourinho looking to put some pressure on to get him firing.

On the flipside, maybe a little birdie has told him about Rooney's carry on, and we have seen Mourinho's nuclear reaction to players going behind his back.

Be interesting to keep an eye on over the season

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭Dues Bellator

bangkok wrote: »
    They easily could have put 6 or 7 England players on it
    they would need a very big subs bench as a lot of big stars underperformed imo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,233 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

Can we not have both? A train has more room than a tractor anyway! :p

No way...

We will go with micks Massey Ferguson and one big arse trailer to tow us all along......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

It begins...

adnan-januzaj-and-henrikh-mkhitaryan-of-manchester-united-in-action-picture-id546955398

Don't want to be messing with Paulie Silvino looking on

546955376-coach-silvino-louro-of-manchester-united-in-gettyimages.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=X7WJLa88Cweo9HktRLaNXgMrru48ElmiIwNTzfl1ECssIoR%2fJ9un7IfuCCOWiw2SujcPu6qjbCE8QB6Or4eDW0tqbpjZ604XhlZvxzqN1Fg%3d

• Advertisement

No way...

We will go with micks Massey Ferguson and one big arse trailer to tow us all along......

I'm still sceptical...but I bagsy a nice spot on the trailer :D

I'm still sceptical...but I bagsy a nice spot on the trailer :D

Good plan, it will get us through the floods (of tears) from our rivals when we are back on top.

RasTa wrote: »
    It begins...

adnan-januzaj-and-henrikh-mkhitaryan-of-manchester-united-in-action-picture-id546955398

Don't want to be messing with Paulie Silvino looking on

546955376-coach-silvino-louro-of-manchester-united-in-gettyimages.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=X7WJLa88Cweo9HktRLaNXgMrru48ElmiIwNTzfl1ECssIoR%2fJ9un7IfuCCOWiw2SujcPu6qjbCE8QB6Or4eDW0tqbpjZ604XhlZvxzqN1Fg%3d

I've heard he never speaks to the players. He stands off to the side, and watches. Always watching. Seeing everything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

Can we not have both? A train has more room than a tractor anyway!

I'm getting a private jet...
    #positivityplane

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

Genuinely worried I'll wake up some night with Silvino eyeballing me.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement