Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2016 - Mod Warning Post #6863

Comments

• brinty wrote: »
    I'm getting a private jet...
    #positivityplane

**** the Jet

Brinty & my Great M8 Phil on tour

K2t1b5t.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

TheDoc wrote: »
    You know, I had a feeling it was him. And while his isn't any sort of confirmation, adds weight maybe to my own thoughts on the situation.

There has been something extremely weird and odd about how Mourinho has spoken about Rooney, and the striking position since he took over. He hasn't really been that complimentary about Rooney(someone going to drop quotes now where he has)

I took it as Rooney getting a little kick up the arse, cause he has been dog ****, and Mourinho looking to put some pressure on to get him firing.

On the flipside, maybe a little birdie has told him about Rooney's carry on, and we have seen Mourinho's nuclear reaction to players going behind his back.

Be interesting to keep an eye on over the season

It'll be really interesting to see what happens with Rooney. I'd say he has a very short time to prove himself with Jose.

Thankfully for you lot it seems that Jose won't be indulging him with ideas of a CMF spot if he's not up to being a striker.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

RasTa wrote: »

Don't want to be messing with Paulie Silvino looking on

546955376-coach-silvino-louro-of-manchester-united-in-gettyimages.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=X7WJLa88Cweo9HktRLaNXgMrru48ElmiIwNTzfl1ECssIoR%2fJ9un7IfuCCOWiw2SujcPu6qjbCE8QB6Or4eDW0tqbpjZ604XhlZvxzqN1Fg%3d

I'd say anybody taking the píss during training, will do well to get home alive....

VVBi3oi.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

zerks wrote: »
    His agent is a knob and Rooney has been so poor that he would do anything to cling to the position he has at the club.

I think you jumping on this is as silly as jumping on the Giggs rumours.

There's just not enough evidence for a witch hunt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

zerks wrote: »
    Guess who was leaking stuff from the club? Sorry Giggsy for blaming you before.

2+2=Roo.

http://www.theunitedpages.com/exclusive-uniteds-leaky-star/

This is no surprise. Rooney and his agent have form for using the media to shape an agenda. It happend plenty when Rooney wanted to go to Chelsea in 2013 - there was some deceitful media tricks pulled that Summer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Rooney and his agent are well versed in the politics of football, Jose should make it clear from the start where he stands.

The last thing we need is more dressing room conflict after Moyes and Van Gaal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,196 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

He looks like Ser Ilyn Payne.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Rooney and his agent are well versed in the politics of football, Jose should make it clear from the start where he stands.

The last thing we need is more dressing room conflict after Moyes and Van Gaal.

It's best José nips this ASAP, before Rooney's head inflates any further than it has.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,652 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Pogba stuff has gotten fair quiet.

Headshot wrote: »
    Pogba stuff has gotten fair quiet.

Becoming this Summer's Vidal for me. If nothing is done by this weekend, I'll be adjusting my Pogba hopes and expectations accordingly.

• Advertisement

stankratz wrote: »
    Becoming this Summer's Vidal for me. If nothing is done by this weekend, I'll be adjusting my Pogba hopes and expectations accordingly.

He was playing at the Euros until Sunday, nothing was going to begin until this week.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

stankratz wrote: »

This happens every summer where people set arbitrary deadlines and then get annoyed when nothing happens by them. If it happens, it happens.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

M!Ck^ wrote:
    **** the Jet

Brinty & my Great M8 Phil on tour

Hell yea M!Ck^

You know it

My plane only has room for me ,MarsBar and Cookie_Dough

M!Ck^ can fly the plane and jayo is his Co pilot

Lord TSC wrote:
    This happens every summer where people set arbitrary deadlines and then get annoyed when nothing happens by them. If it happens, it happens.

That's true TSC
    It'll get done when it gets done

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,597 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

https://www.instagram.com/p/BH0B-OIDTsB/

josemourinho:"after 10 training sessions i can say"i love to work with these guys"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Manutd_4life

^^^ Good to hear. I really hope things work out for Jose here for more than just 2-3 years.

Lord TSC wrote: »

That's cool, I'm sure there are fans like that. Just with the progressive business that has been done so far under Jose, I had a feeling for a week or so that Pogba was truly on the way. That feeling is just dying down now for me and I don't think it's as likely to happen as I thought it was a week ago, that's all I'm saying. I'm not annoyed, just I bought into the tornado of press surrounding Pogba coupled with Jose's evident desire to get business done early.

If it happens, it happens, but I'm losing the feeling I had that it is an imminent transfer.

Edit: I should add that I know that nothing would be done with the player at the Euro's. It's more his agent's latest comments regarding the possibility of Pogba remaining at Juve. I just get the feeling there could be an element of 'Use United to get a sweeter contract at the current club' going on, and that wouldn't be the first time it's happened to us.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

^^^ Good to hear. I really hope things work out for Jose here for more than just 2-3 years.

I believe he will be with us for much longer than 3 years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

I believe he will be with us for much longer than 3 years.

So did Chelsea fans... twice...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

brinty wrote: »
    Hell yea M!Ck^

You know it

Your some slut brinty :):):)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Smegball

Wijnaldum or Sissoko? If Pogba goes tits up. I don't think we would entice Kroos or Verrati and I can't think of any other attainable players.

Don't think we will go in for Kante.

jayo26 wrote:
    Your some slut brinty

Least you got onto the #positist nvityplane
    What about
    TSC
    Kew
    Feen
    Mr Keane etc

Anyways I'm off to pick up pogba from France in the morning...
    The runway has been laid at Carrington
    We're inbound at 12,17

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Pyjamarama wrote: »
    So did Chelsea fans... twice...

The reason behind my belief is multi part.

1) He has coveted the United job for a long time and I believe that he will do everything in his power to hold onto it including not getting himself in some of the more ugly scrapes he has been involved in.

2) He has said his family are settled in England, there is no other place in England for him to go.

3) He idolises Fergie and wants to emulate his achievements, that cannot be done in 3 seasons.

4) Chelsea is Romans plaything and ultimately he calls the shots, the set up at United is completely different and its been proven that when things are going well on field then the board is happy.

5) There is no bigger job in world football left for him.

6) United have the money and reach for him to achieve any aspirations he may have.

7) I believe he wants to prove he can be more than a 3 season wonder.

Some of the above are based on fact, some are my opinions, I of course could be proven wrong but its my firm belief that if he wins the PL in the next 3 seasons (I believe we will) and can go deep in the CL, maybe pick up a side cup or two then there will be no reason for the board to sack him and no reason for him to look elsewhere.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

The reason behind my belief is multi part.

1) He has coveted the United job for a long time and I believe that he will do everything in his power to hold onto it including not getting himself in some of the more ugly scrapes he has been involved in.

2) He has said his family are settled in England, there is no other place in England for him to go.

3) He idolises Fergie and wants to emulate his achievements, that cannot be done in 3 seasons.

4) Chelsea is Romans plaything and ultimately he calls the shots, the set up at United is completely different and its been proven that when things are going well on field then the board is happy.

5) There is no bigger job in world football left for him.

6) United have the money and reach for him to achieve any aspirations he may have.

7) I believe he wants to prove he can be more than a 3 season wonder.

Some of the above are based on fact, some are my opinions, I of course could be proven wrong but its my firm belief that if he wins the PL in the next 3 seasons (I believe we will) and can go deep in the CL, maybe pick up a side cup or two then there will be no reason for the board to sack him and no reason for him to look elsewhere.

I think he'll defo win the league with ye the problem is that when things go wrong with Jose they can go very wrong. Its not liked Chelsea sacked him when they were flying high... he's abrasive and confrontational. United will hold their manager to the same standards that most clubs will (from a pr perspective rather than a results one) and he'll have to show he's changed on that front if he's to stay at United for more than 3 years. There's a reason why a large enough portion (but still obv minority) of United fans didn't want him regardless of the fact he will likely have a very successful spell.

That all being said i fully expect him to win at least a league with United. Maybe more.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,830 ✭✭✭Cookie_Dough

M!Ck^ wrote: »

Zlatan was also at UFC 200. What you didn't know is that he actually defeated Mark Hunt & Brock Lesnar after the main event :D

brinty wrote: »
    Hell yea M!Ck^

You know it

jayo26 wrote: »
    Your some slut brinty :):):)

If brinty is a slut then whatcha trying to say about MarsBar & I??? :eek: brinty is a happily married homeowner (I believe) you have greatly offended my feminine sensibilities! I just want to be a part of the positivity :D

BUT... I don't think we're signing Pogba

*runs*

If brinty is a slut then whatcha trying to say about MarsBar & I??? :eek: brinty is a happily married homeowner (I believe) you have greatly offended my feminine sensibilities! I just want to be a part of the positivity :D

BUT... I don't think we're signing Pogba

*runs*

Ohh Yeh throw the feminine angle at me huh I'm going....

Ps brinty thought you were a fella up to a few weeks ago :):)

jayo26 wrote: »
    Ohh Yeh throw the feminine angle at me huh I'm going....

Ps brinty thought you were a fella up to a few weeks ago :):)

Haha I know! I thought it best not to reveal my gender straightaway cos wimmin know nothing about football (except MarsBar) & I didn't think my opinion would be taken seriously :o (it still may not be lol)

Please don't leave!!! PS- I'm sure there's many other ladies on here that we don't know about!

To get back on topic.....;)

Supposedly we will know about Pogba by tomorrow. I hope José has the sense to move on from him if it's still up in the air and dragging on...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

https://www.instagram.com/p/BHzeSxohDGJ/

Nice to him smiling.. He will be like a new player if he can find his PSV form having himself, Tony M, Rashford, Mickey Ryan from out wide been backed up by Mata Herrera Rooney with Ibra front and centre looks good

Supposedly we will know about Pogba by tomorrow. I hope José has the sense to move on from him if it's still up in the air and dragging on...

I don't think we will he is in la now bumped into to ibra over there. I can't see it been settled anytime soon and even if it was done United wouldn't announce it until he was there to take his pictures and do his generic interview.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,992 ✭✭✭paulbok

astradave wrote: »

I wonder did he get a call from Madrid to say stay put this year and we will be able to take you next year?
    I'd say Jose will give it until the end of the month before looking elsewhere, he has stated no deadline day transfers and wanting his main signings done ahead of the charity shield

MrMac84 wrote: »

Nice to him smiling.. He will be like a new player if he can find his PSV form having himself, Tony M, Rashford, Mickey Ryan from out wide been backed up by Mata Herrera Rooney with Ibra front and centre looks good

Yeh I said the same if we can get Memphis into form it would be a fantastic addition to the squad the bunch of players under 23 at the club really gets me excited for the future if they all settle and most importantly jose settles.

Is James Wilson still at the club?? I think it's time the club show him the door. He's had a couple of chances and hasn't really shown much. Plus i heard he didn't have a great Loan last season - was on the bench ( may be wrong about that, I feel like I heard it somewhere).

He's 20 years old now and should be looking for first team football, which I can't seem him getting here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,371 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Is James Wilson still at the club?? I think it's time the club show him the door. He's had a couple of chances and hasn't really shown much. Plus i heard he didn't have a great Loan last season - was on the bench ( may be wrong about that, I feel like I heard it somewhere).

He's 20 years old now and should be looking for first team football, which I can't seem him getting here
    Still at the club. If he is happy to stay and fight I would be happy to see him do so.

We have already sold Ashley Fletcher and I would sell Will Keane before Wilson, which puts Wilson in a decent squad place, imo.

Still at the club. If he is happy to stay and fight I would be happy to see him do so.

We have already sold Ashley Fletcher and I would sell Will Keane before Wilson, which puts Wilson in a decent squad place, imo.

If he's happy and the club are happy, then there's no problem but I would think he would want more than to be just a squad option. Who knows

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,621 ✭✭✭caviardreams

paulbok wrote: »
    I wonder did he get a call from Madrid to say stay put this year and we will be able to take you next year?

Will they not have the transfer ban next summer? Or does it end before then?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,621 ✭✭✭caviardreams

Please don't leave!!! PS- I'm sure there's many other ladies on here that we don't know about!

Me :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

So Mars Bar, Cookie Dough and caviar dreams are all ladies. Surely not conicidence that your usernames all revolve around food!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

I'm not hoping. but expecting a big season from Depay.

Some of you will have egg in your face come May ;)

I KNEW IT!!!!!!! :D I didn't want to suggest it 'cos I thought I'd offend you if you were a guy!! btw I'm first in the queue for Mata :P

Edit: Wait til brinty finds out about this.. his heart won't be able to take it!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,347 ✭✭✭Quandary

I really want this to be the case. Hopefully Mourinho can get the best out of him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Can tell you one of the people who wont!

THIS GUYYYYY

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

TheDoc wrote: »
    Can tell you one of the people who wont!

THIS GUYYYYY

Playing in LVG's system where players weren't allowed run towards the opposition didn't help Depay.Jose's counter attack could suit him down to the ground.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

New home shirt on official sale this week.I have mine a while now and I like it.

https://i.redditmedia.com/fmPx1jS9VUdX_IGYPOdYbCV9Am5-r0-pNZ-pD6Iw6M0.jpg?w=576&

Rachel Riley models the away shirt..

https://twitter.com/RachelRileyRR/status/752990916605075456

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,425 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

In an era where physical development is so important more players will break through in their 20s.

Some players will only show their best when playing with the right quality around them. A lot of young lads that go on loan will struggle to make a major impact due to a number of reasons (experience, ability of team, style of football, manager selecting senior players and so on). I don't think his loan move should be held up as an indicator of what he can achieve.

Edit: Wait til brinty finds out about this.. his heart won't be able to take it!

My hearts OK
    Mars and cookie have stolen my heart already

PS thanks cookie I am a happily married home owner with a dog

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

• Advertisement

Somewhere Bangkok is loading up a shotgun :pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement