Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2016 - Mod Warning Post #6863

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,582 ✭✭✭NoviGlitzko

I'm content if Fellani's staying. A guy who can influence a game different than the rest of our players is a decent squad option to have IMO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,830 ✭✭✭Cookie_Dough

Yay Mata!!!!! Hope he gets a good chance and maybe he can recapture his pre Mourinho Chelsea form. Really looking forward to this season, no matter what happens it will be a joy to watch positive attacking football again :)

Edit: here's a link to the article for anyone who can't view twitter in work. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3689894/Juan-Mata-Marouane-Fellaini-Daley-Blind-set-given-Manchester-United-lifelines-Jose-Mourinho-pre-season.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

astradave wrote:
    Somewhere Bangkok is loading up a shotgun

But who'll be the target of it????

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,621 ✭✭✭caviardreams

So Mars Bar, Cookie Dough and caviar dreams are all ladies. Surely not conicidence that your usernames all revolve around food!!

:D

I also wish Mars Bar and Cookie Dough would not post so often to be honest.... I get really, really hungry whenever I see their names :(:)

I also wish Mars Bar and Cookie Dough would not post so often to be honest.... I get really, really hungry whenever I see their names :(:)

I'd say alot of people her would rather I didn't post here so often in fairness :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,924 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

Mars Bars.... Yes
    Cookies..... Yes
    Caviar...... Smelly fish eggs ☺️

And I am single with 2 dogs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭TheDoctor

Who is this Bangkok character?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,843 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

TheDoctor wrote: »
    Who is this Bangkok character?

He's not Swedish or a punk rocker

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

The Guardian saying Juve are wanting Matic,perhaps they are planning for a post Pogba era.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

zerks wrote: »
    The Guardian saying Juve are wanting Matic,perhaps they are planning for a post Pogba era.

Pogba said on espn that "juventus are his family but United were his first family and he won't chose between them" sounds like United are going to have to make a pretty big bid to get juventus to accept first.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

Ah lads, don't fall for it, it's classic mourinho. He says he wants to keep them, drives the price up when he goes to sell them. If they were not needed by the club, price immediately drops 5-10m.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Everytime I see Cookie Dough post I just want Ben and Jerry's

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,384 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

bangkok wrote: »
    Ah lads, don't fall for it, it's classic mourinho. He says he wants to keep them, drives the price up when he goes to sell them. If they were not needed by the club, price immediately drops 5-10m.

Mourinho once instructed one of his players to man mark Fellaini and do almost nothing else in a game. Turn it into a 10 v 10 game was the quote I believe. It's fair to say he could rate him as a fairly decent player.

Everytime I see Cookie Dough post I just want Ben and Jerry's

cookie-dough-detail.png

yum yum.

Also I hope José is willing to actually keep Blind & Mata to give them a go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Any idea when the new home jersey is set to be launched?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

v3ttel wrote: »

When Zlatan says so

Liam O wrote: »
    Mourinho once instructed one of his players to man mark Fellaini and do almost nothing else in a game. Turn it into a 10 v 10 game was the quote I believe. It's fair to say he could rate him as a fairly decent player.

Can't see it, I still think they will be sold. Would like to keep mata though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,597 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

bangkok wrote: »
    Can't see it, I still think they will be sold. Would like to keep mata though

Of course you can't.. your so blinded by your own opinion of him that if he is actually used by one of the best managers in the world your opinion would lose any credibility it had left.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

When Zlatan says so

Best answer ever!!

and also true!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,597 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Supposedly it is available in the Adidas stores in Asia from either yesterday or today. Must be due to be released soon so or that's some **** up

• Advertisement

When Zlatan says so

Reasonable answer to be fair!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Tomorrow afaik.

astradave wrote: »
    Of course you can't.. your so blinded by your own opinion of him that if he is actually used by one of the best managers in the world your opinion would lose any credibility it had left.

By the same logic so if he plays Rooney up front he rates him and a lot of people on here would lose credibility??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

I think the first league game team will be something along the lines of

..................DDG............
    Darmian Smalling Bailly Shaw
    .......... Carrick Schneid.......
    Mkhitaryan Rooney Martial
    ..................Zlatan...............

The midfield trio is a bit of a worry, and highlights the need for one to be bought. I hope there are alternatives to Pogba lined up. Mata, Rashford, Depay on the bench gives us good options, but if you take Mata out it again leaves us very light when you look at it.

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭Bradz213

It's beyond a joke the way the home kit has changed every year now for the past 7 or 8 years. People used to give out when they changed every 2 years

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,371 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Bradz213 wrote: »
    It's beyond a joke the way the home kit has changed every year now for the past 7 or 8 years. People used to give out when they changed every 2 years
    Don't see the problem myself. I actually like seeing a new kit.

I agree. Its just the times we live in I suppose. Rev-en-ue!! I quite the idea of a kit staying around for 2 or 3 seasons.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I certainly wish it was even just one of the two (or two of the three) changed every year, but sadly, the world of football is now driven primarily by money :( Gotta pay for Ibrahimovic someway :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

Don't really see the problem myself. No-one is making anyone buy it and it's not like anyone is going to be laughed at for wearing an older one.

Personally it's a handy idea every year for a present for the wee fella.

• Advertisement

Nalz wrote: »
    I agree. Its just the times we live in I suppose. Rev-en-ue!! I quite the idea of a kit staying around for 2 or 3 seasons.

But then we'd have been stuck with that tablecloth monstrosity for 3 years.

Jayop wrote: »

There is exceptions :p

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

**** off, I loved that shirt :P Still have mine with RVP's name on the back. Think it looked really unique.

Lord TSC wrote: »
    **** off, I loved that shirt :P Still have mine with RVP's name on the back. Think it looked really unique.

Unique is certainly one work for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,531 ✭✭✭magnumbud

but the response to fans mocking it was so good. "where do table cloths sit? top of the table"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,409 ✭✭✭fergiesfolly

Could be wrong, but I think issuing a new jersey every year makes it easier to hang onto the old one.
    When I think back to the 90s when jerseys altered radically from one to the next, it was easy spot the guys wearing the old one.
    Now, the changes are so slight(especially the home kit) you'd get away with wearing an older version.
    My daughter hasn't even asked about the new one because there's not much change.

• Advertisement

Jayop wrote:

Agh the tablecloth
    Everytime I think of that it reminds me of Alex butters

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Lord TSC wrote: »
    I certainly wish it was even just one of the two (or two of the three) changed every year, but sadly, the world of football is now driven primarily by money :( Gotta pay for Ibrahimovic someway :P

Surely we must owe Monaco another £10,000,000 installment for Martial too at this stage.

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

Liam O wrote: »

I think Fellaini is a good player to have against the likes of the bottom teams who are physical and play a lot of long balls and who's games predominantly revolve around high balls into the box.

He's also a decent player when given a proper run in a team. But you have to play to his strengths.

VALENCIA. Christ he's terrible

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,384 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Surely we must owe Monaco another £10,000,000 installment for Martial too at this stage.

Actually think it was €25m this year :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,030 ✭✭✭Minderbinder

But if it's that unpopular they can change it, like they did with the grey one. The thing is that before you could remember a jersey like it was an era in itself and you could identify most of the players based on seeing the jersey. You could put them in order fairly easily.

I'm not sure when they started bringing them out every year but for the last ten years I couldn't really put a jersey to a season and I don't think they'll be very memorable in years to come.

Actually I liked last season's one and think it's a shame they only wore it for one year.

• Advertisement

But if it's that unpopular they can change it, like they did with the grey one. The thing is that before you could remember a jersey like it was an era in itself and you could identify most of the players based on seeing the jersey. You could put them in order fairly easily.

I'm not sure when they started bringing them out every year but for the last ten years I couldn't really put a jersey to a season and I don't think they'll be very memorable in years to come.

Actually I liked last season's one and think it's a shame they only wore it for one year.

I agree the last jersey I associated with an era was this one

2w3xe1u.jpg

Everything after holds no value especially the one with the black v and table cloth.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,868 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

brinty wrote: »
    Agh the tablecloth

Reminds me of the last time we won the league and being fortunate enough to be in the Stretford end for the Villa game when we clinched it. Seems like an age ago now but was some atmosphere that night. Want more of that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

Speaking of Monaco, only noticed yesterday Falcao is gone back, such a fall from grace

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,217 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Speaking of Monaco, only noticed yesterday Falcao is gone back, such a fall from grace

Gone back as in his loan has ended? Or he was out of contract and signed a new one with them, at a much reduced weekly wage you would imagine.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

Gone back as in his loan has ended? Or he was out of contract and signed a new one with them, at a much reduced weekly wage you would imagine.

Not too sure, just presumed loan ended, saw him modelling their new kit and remembered is all!

brinty wrote: »
    Agh the tablecloth

I think you mean Nicholas

v3ttel wrote:
    I think you mean Nicholas

No it's Alex butters Mr Sebastian..

• Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Delboy5

Sounds like juve are about to go with a huge bid for Higuain....wonder where they getting the money!?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,371 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Delboy5 wrote: »
    Sounds like juve are about to go with a huge bid for Higuain....wonder where they getting the money!?

Selling morata and, possibly, Zaza.

Selling morata and, possibly, Zaza.

Morata was small money in comparisons

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement