Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2016 - Mod Warning Post #6863

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Lads I'm happy to show off my shirt and give ye a sneaky peak at the goods.

Without quoting the pic, bonus points for naming the shirt AND the tournament where the ball was used.

3337AF53-382B-4FC9-817D-4BF23A76F7AB_zpsow59czp0.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

lol

• HAHAHAHA

****ing Classic!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Oh ok

2kgdtx.gif

Japan and Korea world cup matchball

Ps you have a nice pair.

Edit: that's my mums bloody zippy top.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Lads I'm happy to show off my shirt and give ye a sneaky peak at the goods.

Without quoting the pic, bonus points for naming the shirt AND the tournament where the ball was used.
    Jaysus above FutureGirl...
    You're a FF
    The jersey is from 95-96 I think... is it the one with Old Trafford on it before the north stand was extended for the euro's when the ground was all the same level??
    If so I have 6 Pallister on the back of my version of that jersey. The only jersey I ever got a name and number on.
    on you're lovely footballs, I haven't a breeze...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,225 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

The Fevernova, I remember I had that ball and it got impaled on a spiky railing after about a week.

Oh I was sour.

jayo26 wrote: »
    Japan and Korea world cup matchball

Ps you have a nice pair.

Edit: that's my mums bloody zippy top.

Wait so not only is Future Guy a girl
    She's also jayo26's ma......

my head hurts....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭Polo_Mint

1996 Jersey, With I think Cantona on the back?

2002 world cup football?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,831 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

wtf

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Just realized when Mickey Ryan signs on the dotted line, it'll be another first for the club, he'll be the first Armenian player to play for United.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭Polo_Mint

390457.JPG

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

That jersey was my first shop bought (rather then hand me downs from my uncle). 96. Had cantona 7 on the back!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,460 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

So is there not a press conference scheduled today?

Zlatan to be unveiled, and isn't this José's first official day on the job?

DrPhilG wrote: »

Zlatan to be unveiled, and isn't this José's first official day on the job?

Pre-Season season doesn't start for United until next week and Jose's first presser has always been scheduled for next Thursday.

• Advertisement

DrPhilG wrote: »

Zlatan to be unveiled, and isn't this Jos 's first official day on the job?
    I think they said the 5th July (could be wrong) will be the first official press conference

If Iceland could do us a favour and knock out the French

We could have some stone cold glass shattering music and Jose introducing his new friends...

Zlatan and Micky Ryan you know about......

but I got some others guys for you too...

Meet Pogba and Antonie...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,774 ✭✭✭jimmytwotimes 2013

Rooney would surely match the 45m spent on Hulk? I'd sell him, looks like we'll be sorted for striking options with zlatan, marshall, mickey ryan and rashers. Rooney is not a midfielder.

You'd think now is a final chance to sell. Fergie would have cut his losses if he stayed an extra season :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭Simply Red

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,774 ✭✭✭jimmytwotimes 2013

Haha that's so tacky zlatan will love it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,206 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

We have our man at last.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,754 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Yeah confirmed, Zlatan is a red.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Simply Red wrote: »

Oh God.

That's equally awesome and awful.

I'm still torn about Rooney. I really couldn't give a rats ass about cashing in on him or how much we could be paid for him. All I care about is whether we'd be a better side with him next season or without him. There's no doubt he's been pretty poor for quite a while but towards the tail of the season he put in some really good performances and I would love to see how he gets on under Jose.

Premier League all time
    1 Alan Shearer Blackburn Rovers, Newcastle United 260
    2 Wayne Rooney Everton, Manchester United 193

England goals record
    1 Rooney 53

England appearances record
    1 Shilton 125
    2 Rooney & Beckham 115

United appearances record
    1 Giggs 963
    2 Charlton 758
    3 Scholes 718
    4 Foulkes 688
    5 G Neville 602
    6 Stepney 539
    7 Dunne 535
    8 Irwin 529
    9 Rooney 520
    10 Spence 510

United Goal All-Time
    1 Charlton 249
    2 Rooney 245

United League
    1 Charlton 199
    2 Rowley 182
    3 Rooney 178

United Europe
    1 VanNistelrooy 38
    2 Rooney 37

English Tier 1 League all time
    1 Greaves 357
    2 Bloomer 317
    3 Dean 310
    4 Hodgson 287
    5 Shearer 283
    10 Smith 243
    32 Harris and Rooney 193

I'd also love to see him get the chance to set a few more records. There's a few in his sights, Notably United all-time, United League, United Europe and depending on what happens with England, if he stays on for the next campaign he'll set England Apps too.

https://twitter.com/SkyFootball/status/748919813909712896

With Ibrahimovic now signed, Mkhitaryan next...

Looking forward to United in Press on MUTV at 6:30.

RobertKK wrote: »

With Ibrahimovic now signed, Mkhitaryan next...

Looking forward to United in Press on MUTV at 6:30.

United in press has been cancelled pal.

Usual United stunt when something major is happening.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

There's no way Rooney will agree to move to China, sadly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,848 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Interview with Zlatan at 6.30 on MUTV

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,943 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

CmS2huJXYAAyrDQ.jpg

United in press has been cancelled pal.

Usual United stunt when something major is happening.

Why couldn't they cancel the boring season review...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,848 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

There seems to be a dubious looking stain on the top that Zlatan is wearing there. Maybe not just the fans who are excited....

Mourinho: “Zlatan needs no introduction. The statistics speak for themselves. Ibra is one of the best strikers in the world & a player who always gives 100%. He has won the most important league championships in the world of football, now he was the opportunity to play in the best league in the world and I know he will grasp this opportunity and will work hard to help the team win titles."

Ibrahimovic: “I am absolutely delighted to be joining Manchester United and am looking forward to playing in the Premier League. It goes without saying that I cannot wait to work with Jose Mourinho once again. He is a fantastic manager and I am ready for this new and exciting challenge.”

Zlatan Ibrahimović said:

"I am absolutely delighted to be joining Manchester United and am looking forward to playing in the Premier League. It goes without saying that I cannot wait to work with Jose Mourinho once again. He is a fantastic manager and I am ready for this new and exciting challenge. I have thoroughly enjoyed my career so far and have some great memories. I am now ready to create more special memories in England."

Jose Mourinho said:

"Zlatan needs no introduction. The statistics speak for themselves. Ibra is one of the best strikers in the world and a player who always gives 100 per cent. He has won the most important league championships in the world of football, now he has the opportunity to play in the best league in the world and I know he will grasp this opportunity and will work hard to help the team win titles. I am certain that his talent will delight fans at Old Trafford next season and that his experience will be invaluable in helping to develop the younger players in the squad."

Our kings have spoken

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Thepoet85

Feel genuinely excited about what's happening at the club for the first time in about, oh three years!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭ElChe32

There's no way Rooney will agree to move to China, sadly.

Could we not coax him onto a plane and tell him there's Chinese food for dinner?

Our kings have spoken

Hopefully they will be crowned champions next May.

United signing people that hate Pep :pac:

Are we worried about Zlatan's age at all? I know he looked in fine shape last season but how many does he have left in him?

Hopefully they will be crowned champions next May.

United signing people that hate Pep :pac:

Yep think I said it before but it will.be great to have the added spice Inot our games against arsenal and Liverpool again and sure whatever happens with the city lads.

Are we worried about Zlatan's age at all? I know he looked in fine shape last season but how many does he have left in him?

Every season we get out of him after one season will be a bonus. He looks great and it ain't a massive risky gamble.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,681 ✭✭✭Fleawuss

Giggs is going in the next few days, allegedly. Good move by Mourinho despite all the or that he was offered another position. Giggs gave the impression under Van Gaal that he was tolerating LVG until he took over.

Truly a glorious sight to behold....

https://twitter.com/ManUtd/status/748927959159808000

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,594 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

United twitter getting seriously happy about this one ha

https://twitter.com/ManUtd/status/748926481720414211

Rooney will either be great or terrible.

Last season he only got going in the 2nd half of the season, then when in goal scoring form he got injured, which was probably a good thing as his replacement got injured too which allowed Rashford to shine.
    But we can't wait for half a season to go by before he starts performing so maybe he will be good in midfield, I do have concerns though.

If we sign Pogba it won't be so bad, but the question will continue: Is Rooney a midfielder?

astradave wrote: »
    United twitter getting seriously happy about this one ha

https://twitter.com/ManUtd/status/748926481720414211

I would've gone with The Joker clapping gif instead, but the Shia one works too..

Zlatan is super excited and super excited. It is a huge club. MUTV

He does look very happy and you can see his enthusiasm.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

Jose wrote:
    "Zlatan needs no introduction. The statistics speak for themselves. Ibra is one of the best strikers in the world and a player who always gives 100 per cent. He has won the most important league championships in the world of football, now he has the opportunity to play in the best league in the world and I know he will grasp this opportunity and will work hard to help the team win titles. I am certain that his talent will delight fans at Old Trafford next season and that his experience will be invaluable in helping to develop the younger players in the squad."

Looks like it's exactly how many predicted, Zlatan signed as short term and by the time he leaves if our young players are good enough then they will step up.

Our kings have spoken
    Rooney will either be great or terrible.

Last season he only got going in the 2nd half of the season, then when in goal scoring form he got injured, which was probably a good thing as his replacement got injured too which allowed Rashford to shine.
    But we can't wait for half a season to go by before he starts performing so maybe he will be good in midfield, I do have concerns though.

If we sign Pogba it won't be so bad, but the question will continue: Is Rooney a midfielder?

I've always thought he would make a great midfielder for certain games. He can open games up with his passing and again if we're going to play on the break which Jose likes to do then Rooney's accuracy to pacy wingers will be an awesome weapon.

Zlatan: I come to win, I want to win, It takes hard work. Representing United is the big thing.
    I come here to win, not look at the weather.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭ElChe32

"I have come here to win, not to waste time" - Zlatan

• Registered Users Posts: 5,346 ✭✭✭Quandary

Rooney is fine in midfield when given time and space and is playing against weaker teams. Apart from than that he should only be played at 10 or up front imo.

I could see Jose giving Rooney a run in midfield but if he continues to perform like he did for England and in some of our games last season I'd say it will be a short run.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement