Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2016 - Mod Warning Post #6863

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,975 ✭✭✭billyhead

Was Morata not on loan, This might encourage Pogba to stay.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,597 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

They won't be even getting €45m between the 2 of em.. the reports for Higuain are anything between 60m and a 94.7m.. Napoli will surely milk Juve for as much as they can

billyhead wrote: »
    Was Morata not on loan, This might encourage Pogba to stay.

Nope, Real had a bay back clause for 18m euro I think it was..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,975 ✭✭✭billyhead

astradave wrote: »
    They won't be even getting €45m between the 2 of em.. the reports for Higuain are anything between 60m and a 97.4m.. Napoli will surely milk Juve for as much as they can

I think his buy out cost is 94 euro

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Manutd_4life

15 mil for Jordan Ibe!!! I wonder how much we could get for Lingard

billyhead wrote: »
    I think his buy out cost is 94 euro

Bit cheap... :P

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

The Higuain thing is coming from DiMarizio. Says 94m is the price.

Domino effect incoming?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

Lord TSC wrote: »
    The Higuain thing is coming from DiMarizio. Says 94m is the price.

Domino effect incoming?

If true I'd sooner spend the 120 on pogba than 94 on higuain

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

Delboy5 wrote: »
    Sounds like juve are about to go with a huge bid for Higuain....wonder where they getting the money!?

Biggest club in Italy, good champions league runs and a solid income money shouldn't be too much of an issue for them. They spent over 100m last season, recouped around 50.

Also they know either this year or next they have a 100m euro asset to sell whenever they want to.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,777 ✭✭✭jimmytwotimes 2013

https://twitter.com/utdreport/status/753718390859194369

Pogba story keeps going.

Thoughts with people of Nice on a more important note.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭IamtheWalrus

Jayop wrote: »
    Don't really see the problem myself. No-one is making anyone buy it and it's not like anyone is going to be laughed at for wearing an older one.

Personally it's a handy idea every year for a present for the wee fella.

Convenient for you because you can, presumably, afford it. When was younger, I had my heart set on a Utd jersey for Christmas. It was a big decision in our house to allow me to get this jersey. Imagine that every year. The pressure on parents must be ridiculous.

Multiple new jerseys every year is scandalous. Of course fans don't have to buy but still. It's blatantly the club taking advantage of the supporters who keep the club afloat.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,755 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

https://twitter.com/utdreport/status/753718390859194369

Pogba story keeps going.

Thoughts with people of Nice on a more important note.

Pogba deal will be done in my opinion, and it is hard to think of anything else but Nice right now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,385 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Convenient for you because you can, presumably, afford it. When was younger, I had my heart set on a Utd jersey for Christmas. It was a big decision in our house to allow me to get this jersey. Imagine that every year. The pressure on parents must be ridiculous.

Multiple new jerseys every year is scandalous. Of course fans don't have to buy but still. It's blatantly the club taking advantage of the supporters who keep the club afloat.

Meh, you can get them for less than €20 euro now if you are in dire straits. Kids can be told no (and should be a lot more going by how some of them are these days). There is a lot more disposable income these days in general too than there was 15-20 odd years ago (assuming you are in your 20s or 30s). Nobody needs a football jersey.

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭Thecon21

Last jersey I bought was the final home Nike jersey!
    Last numbered/named jersey was the blue & black striped away jersey at Old Trafford with Chicarito on the back..

Do many still get names/numbers on the back?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭mewe

Thecon21 wrote:
    Do many still get names/numbers on the back?

Myself and my missus got married last Saturday and towards the end of my speech I presented her with last season's home jersey with Mrs. mewe and number 1 on the back to cement her place as part of the Man Utd family! :D went down a treat and she wore it like a champion to lunch the next day. Would attach pic but on honeymoon now and can't figure out how to attach the pic on my phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭Thecon21

mewe wrote: »
    Myself and my missus got married last Saturday and towards the end of my speech I presented her with last season's home jersey with Mrs. mewe and number 1 on the back to cement her place as part of the Man Utd family! :D went down a treat and she wore it like a champion to lunch the next day. Would attach pic but on honeymoon now and can't figure out how to attach the pic on my phone.

Fair play to ya man and congratulations :) Have a brill honeymoon too

• Registered Users Posts: 2,356 ✭✭✭Cotts72

Someone needs to tell Pogba its inconsiderate to be on Holidays and that he just needs to get back so MUFC can finalise a deal

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,621 ✭✭✭caviardreams

I really dislike the honeycomb bit - think it would look much better if that line was straight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭TheDoctor

Are those Premier League badges real?

I really dislike the honeycomb bit - think it would look much better if that line was straight.

Yeh I agree but I'd prefer it was all same colour..

TheDoctor wrote: »

Think so.. they brought out a new logo for this year

TheDoctor wrote: »

Yhhh they the new ones I actually like the new logo. This the first year it won't be sponsored.

astradave wrote: »
    Think so.. they brought out a new logo for this year

Yeh I like it compaired to last year

29gn3oy.png

Remember few years ago when bale moved to madrid and spurs were buying players all around them before the move.... well I think that's what juventus are doing they are seemingly closing in on higuain and they already have pjanic bought.

I think the only question is us or madrid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

brinty wrote: »
    No it's Alex butters Mr Sebastian..

It was an obscure reference to the team Fergie called him Nicholas in a post match interview.

D'oh :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,862 ✭✭✭statto25

jayo26 wrote: »
    Yhhh they the new ones I actually like the new logo. This the first year it won't be sponsored.

I think the whole Football League is going that way. Leeds had a new EFL logo and shirt font while in Dublin during the week. The number had the Men United cancer charity logo

• Registered Users Posts: 2,531 ✭✭✭magnumbud

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Chelsea have gotten Kante on a 5 yr deal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Transfer Deadline Day in China,I expect to see Jim White in Beijing welcoming Rooney later this evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭Bradz213

zerks wrote: »
    Chelsea have gotten Kante on a 5 yr deal.

Source?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

He has a birthday and Christmas. I'm sure most kids in the country have a few quid spent on them those times and like was said they're easy to pick up for 20 quid if you can't afford the genuine ones. We hadn't actually got the last season one and he was happy with the previous one but thanks to them bringing a new one this season I was able to get the two genuine ones last month for about a tenner each.

The jerseys are incredibly good value. They get so much wear and last for years. He's got hand me down jerseys from the Spanish teams from years ago and they still look perfect.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

Bradz213 wrote:
    Source?

It's one BBC

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

There's an article up on The guardian website about Luke Shaw with an interesting part on Phil Jones
    Phil Jones is among those training and has been told by Mourinho he has a long-term future at the club. Jones, as has been the pattern during his United career, struggled with injury last season and last featured in the 2-1 defeat of Swansea City at Old Trafford on 2 January.

Mourinho views him as the potential regular partner for Chris Smalling in central defence and Jones is expected to start the new campaign as a first choice.

He's not the only reporter saying that either. Could be some truth in it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,850 ✭✭✭Julez

Time is running out for Phil Jones, I'd love to see him stay injury free, he could be brilliant for us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,233 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

Kante great signing for chelsea

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,371 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Looking forward to the game tomorrow. Will be interesting to see Baily and Mkhtaryan. Hopefully Shaw gets a good run. Looking foward to (hopefully) seeing something to pin some hope on from Memphis and Pereira.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭Polo_Mint

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Julez wrote: »
    Time is running out for Phil Jones, I'd love to see him stay injury free, he could be brilliant for us.

I asked in a post back in 2014 - was it just me or is Jones always injured? Two years later and I've given up on him. He's been with United for 5 years now and I think having such a fragile player like Jones, is not a luxury we can afford anymore.

2012-13 season (24 United appearances)
    Back: August to November (18-game absence). Hurt his back during preseason training and had spasms, then suffered a knee injury in training, which required surgery.
    Ankle: February to March (6-game absence). Suffered ankle ligament damage in a 2-1 FA Cup win over Reading on Feb. 18 and was seen on crutches after the match.

2013-14 season (39 United appearances)
    Ankle: September (3-game absence). Another ankle problem, this time in a game against Liverpool, required on-field treatment and led to another short absence.
    Groin: November (1-game absence). Lasted 57 minutes of an England game against Chile before being taken off and missing United's next match.
    Knee: December to January (6-game absence). Sustained a knee injury against West Ham United, meaning manager David Moyes ruled him out of the Christmas period.
    Head/hip: February (4-game absence). Attended to by medics then rushed to hospital after being knocked out while contesting a header against Stoke City's Jon Walters.
    Shoulder: May (1-game absence). Collided with Hull's Maynor Figueroa, in a 3-1 win, and was taken to hospital but only missed one game.

2014-15 season (24 United appearances)

Hamstring: September to October (4-game absence). Jones was left shaking his head as he had to be substituted in England's 2-0 win over Switzerland after feeling a hamstring problem.
    Shin: October to December (7-game absence). Having just comeback from his hamstring injury against West Brom, he then suffered from shin splints which kept him out even longer.
    Ankle: April (3-game absence). Ruled out again after having to come off in the closing stages of the Manchester derby with an ankle complaint.

2015-16 season (13 United appearances)

Calf: August to September (9-game absence). Developed a blood clot in his calf shortly after arriving back from United's preseason tour of the United States.
    Foot: November to December (4-game absence). Took a blow to his foot during a match against Watford, meaning that he had to endure another spell on the sidelines.
    Ankle: January to present (19-game absence). Forced off during a match against Swansea with an ankle injury and when attempting a comeback in the U21s, looked very rusty.

Full article here.....http://www.espnfc.com/club/manchester-united/360/blog/post/2845441/phil-jones-injury-history-at-manchester-united

• Registered Users Posts: 5,347 ✭✭✭Quandary

Looks like Chelsea have signed Kante for around £30m. That is a seriously tidy piece of business. no comparison between him and Pogba obviously being two completely different midfielders, but you have to admire the value for money!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Phil Jones being given the first choice CB pairing alongside Smalling would be

A)Ballsy from Mourinho
    B)Totally undeserved from Jones
    C) A kick in the bollox to Blind, and would fully support him forcing a move away

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,460 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

Quandary wrote: »
    Looks like Chelsea have signed Kante for around £30m.

Have they though?

I can't find any media reports that are any more definite than the ones in the last few weeks saying that United were signing Pogba for £100m.

"close to completing"

"set to secure the signing"

"on the verge"

"French media claim"

Etc etc.

Not saying it's not happening by the way, but it's certainly not a done deal.

*waits for a tweet from Chelsea in the next few minutes confirming the deal...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

I don't believe Jones is going to going to be first choice, considering with Smalling we've got one CB who has been excellent for the bones of 2 seasons, and given that we've just spent £30m on a prototypical CB that Mourinho prefers. Unless there was a prospect of Bailly becoming first choice, I don't think we'd have bought him.

To be fair to Jones, him and Smalling have nearly always looked like a solid partnership when they've played together. The main issue is that Jones is made of glass and hasn't been allowed to build on his potential. Also, he has looked ropey when he isn't partnered with Smalling.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,213 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

v3ttel wrote: »
    I don't believe Jones is going to going to be first choice, considering with Smalling we've got one CB who has been excellent for the bones of 2 seasons, and given that we've just spent £30m on a prototypical CB that Mourinho prefers. Unless there was a prospect of Bailly becoming first choice, I don't think we'd have bought him.

To be fair to Jones, him and Smalling have nearly always looked like a solid partnership when they've played together. The main issue is that Jones is made of glass and hasn't been allowed to build on his potential. Also, he has looked ropey when he isn't partnered with Smalling.

Mourinho said in his first press conference that he doesn't think Bailly is ready for the Premier League yet. Andy Mitten said when he was signed that his sources said Bailly was signed for the future and that Utd would also be in for another center half.

TheDoc wrote: »

A)Ballsy from Mourinho
    C) A kick in the bollox to Blind, and would fully support him forcing a move away

He can't be considered for a first choice place when he ain't fit and I can't see that changing in a hurry the chap can't stay fit long enough to even build up match fitness.

I can see him winding down his contract and joining Sunderland or someone on a free transfer and a heavily focused pay as you play deal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Donnielighto

Kante see Kante being confirmed online yet.

TheDoc wrote: »

A)Ballsy from Mourinho

In our eyes it is but in Jose's I don't think so.

I suppose the way I see this is more that everyone has a clean slate with Jose. Probably telling everyone to forget the last 3 years and it's a fresh start. If he can prove that he can stay fit he still has a very long career ahead of him. I always seem to forget just how young he still is

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭Flint Fredstone

Jones is a crock. He's just one of those players unfortunately and I can't see him having a career at United.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement