Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2016 - Mod Warning Post #6863

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Headshot wrote: »
    feck sake.

I have to change my underwear now

(take Jones out)

I put Jones cause multiple reports have it Jose has him in mind to be the first choice partner to Smalling.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Not going to disagree. I'd be happier with Smalling & A.N.Other as our starting line up, and I'd agree he is a better defender overall than Blind (especially since Blind really isn't a defender).

My point is...Its not so much that people rate Smalling as better than Blind, but that the two seemed to get placed on extreme ends of the spectrum to each other (one being considered for POTS, the other seemingly having the popular opinion that they should be sold, not just benched but outright dispensed of), when I think that their performance over the last season were far closer to each other's than such a divide implies. The two, to me, went hand in hand last season so I find it odd that there's such a massive, massive disparity between how the two are looked at in the context of the last season.

I don't think many want him sold, maybe a few cranks do but I think most sane people recognise the value of having a player like Blind in the squad.

So I don't think they're on a scale between POTS and "get rid now", its simply a recognition that Smalling is better and can be even better again for us, whereas Blind is a midfielder doing a job for us and thats about it. One we should be happy to include as a first teamer going forward, the other we should be improving upon if we want to regain top spot.

Perhaps they weren't too far apart last season, I do think Smalling was better but perhaps it wasn't by much in the end. But its not all about last season, its about the whole package and for me Smalling has shown far more promise that we can win big trophies with him than Blind has.

Put it like this, I'd far rather have two Chris Smallings in the center of my defense all season than two Daley Blinds.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,652 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Lord TSC wrote: »
    I put Jones cause multiple reports have it Jose has him in mind to be the first choice partner to Smalling.

meh

I just cant and hope I dont see it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

Id say Mahrez will go to arsenal. They wanted mkhitayaran but we got him, wanted Kante, Chelsea got him, I don't think they will be caught out again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

We've got Mourinho and Ibrahimovic....not to mention Mkhitaryan.... still don't think I'll quite believe it for a while yet.....

tumblr_n13kti1Dws1shtg7lo1_r2_400.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,582 ✭✭✭NoviGlitzko

Mickey Ryan can play in the No 10 role, Ricky Maher can play on the right
    :D Ricky Maher, just beautiful!

Getting Mahrez would be a dream come true. I wouldn't be crushed if we didn't get him though with the options already available to us.

Lads, lads, lads.

It's Saturday.

ITS GAME DAY, we are back :D

• Registered Users Posts: 33,755 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

The sun are claiming that Pogba could have a medical at United as early as Tuesday in a deal costing £105 million with a weekly salary of £202k.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

I'll wait til I see it on BBC Sport, then I'll believe it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

RobertKK wrote: »
    The sun are claiming that Pogba could have a medical at United as early as Tuesday in a deal costing £105 million with a weekly salary of £202k.

The sun newspaper should be taken with a pinch of salt. Such a gutter newspaper.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

bangkok wrote: »
    The sun newspaper should be taken with a pinch of salt. Such a gutter newspaper.

Yet you are a massive advocate of Ballbag, the only difference is that Ballbag has a marginally better tailor.

bangkok wrote: »

Colin Murray quit Talksport this week because Murdochs Co. which includes The Sun, has bought the radio station!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭max life

Oh great (being sarcastic) ☺

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,446 ✭✭✭glued

The Sun are probably the least reliable source tbf.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

zorro2566 wrote: »
    Colin Murray quit Talksport this week because Murdochs Co. which includes The Sun, has bought the radio station!

Well he is a Liverpool fan.

Thats a pity though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭Chong

This is my brother, Louis last year sent him a letter when his little girl passed. You cant fault our club.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Chong wrote: »
    This is my brother, Louis last year sent him a letter when his little girl passed. You cant fault our club.

Nope it's a lovely touch by the club. I'm sure other clubs do it to but it's still such a nice thing to see from your own club.

Game day:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 715 ✭✭✭ianob7

Really looking forward to today's game !! Hope we get a look at bailly and Mkhitaryan. Wonder what will happen with pereira this season ..? I hope he gets game time somewhere this season even if it's not at old trafford!! Hopefully shaw makes his comeback today too:D Still gonna be strange seeing mourinho lead them out today :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

What times ko lads?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

Lord TSC wrote:
    Squad for today

Oh ball's I

Will griggs on fire will destroy us...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

What times ko lads?

1.30 on mutv
    Think someone said bits free between 12.30.and 1.30

Donno who decided positions to group them in but blind is grouped with midfielders which is a great sign for blind to get him Back in his natural position and see how he goes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,949 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

jayo26 wrote: »
    Donno who decided positions to group them in but blind is grouped with midfielders which is a great sign for blind to get him Back in his natural position and see how he goes.

So is valencia

Mars Bar wrote: »
    So is valencia

You just burst my bubble haha.

Edit: actually no that's good too we don't need him as a right back he is not good enough there or as a winger.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Will Grigg and Max Power on the same team.

We're screwed.

The power of Jose -- I've subscribed to MUTV just to watch the friendlies.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

Lucas Hood wrote: »
    Will Grigg and Max Power on the same team.

We're screwed.

maxresdefault.jpg

• Advertisement

The power of Jose -- I've subscribed to MUTV just to watch the friendlies.

That's what they want :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,768 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

The two of them excite me, before Shaw they seemed to have the beginning of a great partnership, after shaw got injured Memphis disappeared

That's what they want :)

I know, the feckers. I bought the blue training polo after seeing Zlatan and Mickey unveiled in it too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭Flint Fredstone

Good to see Blind in the midfield section of that squad list.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

Can't wait for the game. Just a preseason friendly but still can't wait. Jose in charge of ManUtd :D

• Advertisement

I know, the feckers. I bought the blue training polo after seeing Zlatan and Mickey unveiled in it too

I bought the black zippy top after Jose's press conference haha

Giggsy11 wrote: »
    Can't wait for the game. Just a preseason friendly but still can't wait. Jose in charge of ManUtd :D

It's not the result in excited about its to see what shape he will use and tactics but also at same time not get caried away of we look like real Madrid against wigan or not go into melt down if we play dirt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,597 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

I bought the black zippy top after Jose's press conference haha

Was looking at the tracksuit top that Shaw is wearing there yesterday.. it's savage looking. 78euro though so will have to clear it with the missus :D

It's not the result in excited about its to see what shape he will use and tactics but also at same time not get caried away of we look like real Madrid against wigan or not go into melt down if we play dirt.

This.. looking at the squad there, might see a 433 with Carrick/blind playing a half each in the quarterback role. I'm sure we will get the teams in a few anyways

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Ah lads I just ordered MUTV for the month and was going to sit down and watch the match. At 3pm.

Phew! So definitely 1:30 ko?

• Advertisement

astradave wrote: »
    Was looking at the tracksuit top that Shaw is wearing there yesterday.. it's savage looking. 78euro though so will have to clear it with the missus :D

That's one thing I'll never have to clear with the missus no matter what I spend on clothes she will always have done worse haha.

I love the tops and stuff tho they look really good compared to the Nike ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭ElChe32

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Ah lads I just ordered MUTV for the month and was going to sit down and watch the match. At 3pm.

Phew! So definitely 1:30 ko?

Yep!

astradave wrote: »
    This.. looking at the squad there, might see a 433 with Carrick/blind playing a half each in the quarterback role. I'm sure we will get the teams in a few anyways

Does jose play with two holding mids or one?

I always thought it was one in a similar lineup that you said but the only Chelsea fan I know tried to say he will play two??

When he had matic at Chelsea it was just him playing if I remember?

Does jose play with two holding mids or one?

I always thought it was one in a similar lineup that you said but the only Chelsea fan I know tried to say he will play two??

When he had matic at Chelsea it was just him playing if I remember?

He would line up with a 4231 but the 2 would consist of 1 DM and one box to box style really, thats how I always see them anyways

Edit: Just realised that Herrera is in the squad too so he would probably be the box to box

Cne6bOLWYAA2y-N.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭Toobz

Wilsons getting a chance, delighted. I thought he would be a goner!

Ok so blind is still a center back ha

Blind at CB..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,830 ✭✭✭Cookie_Dough

Blind at CB :D

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement