Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2016 - Mod Warning Post #6863

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Ibra probably taking 9 then?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,446 ✭✭✭glued

The shirt says Hunter 29 for a promo. Martial should still be no. 9 next year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

glued wrote: »

It's for fifa 17 then that's the name of the character in it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

Robson99 wrote: »
    Because none of our right backs are good enough. Wouldn't surprise me to see both Rojo and Darmian moved on.

Darmian is solid, Fosu mensah will be excellent

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,597 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

glued wrote: »

That's that cleared up so.. any news? :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Fifa is out September 29th. Could be to do with that.

astradave wrote: »
    That's that cleared up so.. any news? :pac:

Blind is on a boat

https://www.instagram.com/p/BH91D7WhpEv/

Valencia met his brother

https://www.instagram.com/p/BH9-KQLgyOG/

Pereira has a hot woman

https://www.instagram.com/p/BH9_oo8jHy3/

Ronaldo is still making love to the euro trophy

https://www.instagram.com/p/BH9Eu67AVPy/

Lucas Hood wrote: »
    Fifa is out September 29th. Could be to do with that.

Really ??? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,366 ✭✭✭Robson99

bangkok wrote: »
    Darmian is solid, Fosu mensah will be excellent

Darmian is very average at best. Fosu Mensah will be top class but as a middle of the park player and not a full back

Darmian is very average at best. Fosu Mensah will be top class but as a middle of the park player and not a full back

Darmian is a lot better then average he was very good for us last year until lvg started moving him around I believe he is a jose type full back he don't need to attack as much.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

jayo26 wrote: »
    Darmian is a lot better then average he was very good for us last year until lvg started moving him around I believe he is a jose type full back he don't need to attack as much.

Jose loves his full backs to attack and provide the width tho?

MrMac84 wrote: »

I wouldn't of thought ivanovic was the most attacking kind of full back I thought most of his goals were set pieces. Yeh cole was on the left alright.

I wouldn't of thought ivanovic was the most attacking kind of full back I thought most of his goals were set pieces. Yeh cole was on the left alright.

Ivan and Cesar azpil both attack a lot!

So basically your saying my opinion is **** then????? :):)

So basically your saying my opinion is **** then????? :):)

Not shít.... Just wrong :D

Not shít.... Just wrong :D

Wouldn't be first time haha. I seriously wouldn't of put Ivan down as an attacking fullback but I can't say I've study him loads.

Either way I still think Darmian is solid enough to do well in a settled team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Azpilicueta doesn't excel at attacking when played at Lb. Rb is different though.

Wouldn't be first time haha. I seriously wouldn't of put Ivan down as an attacking fullback but I can't say I've study him loads.

Either way I still think Darmian is solid enough to do well in a settled team.

Ivan does be pretty much up and down the pitch.. I think because he is a natural CB and has a big frame people naturally presume that he doesn't attack much..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

I can't imagine Darmian not being in Mourinho's plans. Sure, he's not great offensively but he's a very, very solid and capable defender. If he's RB in a settled defense like we seen at the start of last season, I think he'll do very well for us. Also, Azpilicueta wasn't exactly a marauding LB under Mourinho, but one thing he could do exceptionally well was defend.

If we can regularly field De Gea, Darmian, Smalling, Bailly, Shaw together, with good cover from the two CMs in front of them, and Mourinho's organisation, we could be seeing plenty of cleansheets next season.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,030 ✭✭✭Minderbinder

Maicon was the creative force in his inter team and was one of the best players in the world when Jose was in Milan. Hopefully he can turn Shaw into a similar force for us.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

Maybe but he showed glimpses last season him being a class right back

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,975 ✭✭✭billyhead

I am starting to think that there is no Pogba deal in place this summer. Chelsea snapped up Kante (on hols too after the euros) only about a week max after speculation of a deal being made for him by Chelsea whereas we have been linked with Pogba for about 4 weeks now and news has gone dead:(. Could have been a ploy to sell the season tickets.

billyhead wrote: »
    I am starting to think that there is no Pogba deal in place this summer. Chelsea snapped up Kante (on hols too after the euros) only about a week max after speculation of a deal being made for him by Chelsea whereas we have been linked with Pogba for about 4 weeks now and news has gone dead:(. Could have been a ploy to sell the season tickets.

United never needed a pogba rumor to sell tickets this year jose made sure of that.

There is a big difference in the Pogba deal and kante deal and namely it's 70 million difference no mega transfer is going to go threw overnight look at how long the bale deal took to go threw.

Spurs had the bale money spent before he moved and they denied the transfer up to the end it's similar to what juventus are doing seemingly lining up higuain to soften the blow of if it does happen.

I'd say it's 50/50 to be honest but if the higuain deal goes threw I'd say it's a sure sign pogba is on the move somewhere.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Season tickets are well gone,as soon as Jose was confirmed they were snapped up.
    Kante was going to move and quickly once a bid was made that was it.Getting £100 million players is always going to be a slog.It's one thing signing a player from Leicester (no offence,they are Champions but still,) and one of the top players in the world from Juve.

http://store.manutd.com/stores/manutd/en/product/manchester-united-premium-down-jacket---black---mens/170907

http://store.manutd.com/stores/manutd/en/product/manchester-united-essential-padded-jacket---black---mens/170908

Decent prices for the jackets.Seeing as it's so warm and humid out maybe it's the wrong time to be showing deals on jackets.I did however see a fella today in a United shirt with a beanie hat on,he was red faced with sweat pouring down his face walking along the street,here's a tip buddy-when it's hot outside,don't wear a wooly hat.

• Advertisement

LVG was in Wings last night,I suppose he does love going there after a United victory.

365C888600000578-0-image-m-52_1468762167056.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Patience. The next week will be very telling. I'd be surprised if he isn't signed by then.

Jose is box office and all Utd needed to sell season tickets.

Saw the video of Djemba Ba breaking his leg,not nice at all.He might not play again poor fella.He's a United Legend for the 'Slippy' goal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭0gac3yjefb5sv7

zerks wrote: »
    Saw the video of Djemba Ba breaking his leg,not nice at all.He might not play again poor fella.He's a United Legend for the 'Slippy' goal.

Which Slippy goal?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,949 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Pheonix10 wrote: »
    Which Slippy goal?

He capitalised on Stevie G's slip

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭Bret Hart

One of the true greats of football,I wish him a speedy recovery.

Pheonix10 wrote: »
    Which Slippy goal?

2le1ovl.gif

It's be rude not to refresh your memory

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭Bret Hart

Mars Bar wrote: »
    He capitalised on Stevie Me's slip

Fixed it there for you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Manutd_4life

Lads, I've been gone for the past couple of days. Have we got Pogba yet? :p

Lads, I've been gone for the past couple of days. Have we got Pogba yet? :p

He took up GAA and played for the Dubs today.

2le1ovl.gif

It's be rude not to refresh your memory

giphy.gif

liverpool-fan-crying.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

Dave
    It would be rude not to like that post
    Pity there's no love button

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,217 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

When will people learn to just switch off from the will he won't he every year? :)

He will either sign or he won't, it won't be decided by the media and it doesn't matter what they say this week, particularly if it is the opposite of what they said last week

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 256 ✭✭wintear

Has will Keane changed international allegiances to Ireland?

In some radio reports from rte yesterday the referred to him as a young Irish player.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,226 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

If there is actually a delay because he's curious about Madrid, then we should move on.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,755 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

When Madrid signed Bale, that transfer drama went on most of the summer.

Marca are reporting that they are going for Andre Gomes instead and all that is left is a medical.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

astradave wrote:
    Marca are reporting that they are going for Andre Gomes instead and all that is left is a medical.

That's what I'd seen too Dave
    I'm calm about Pogba
    It'll happen or it won't
    There's no imaginary deadlines for when it has to be done by.
    People are getting no bent out of shape about this for no reason

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭secman

Hope Pogba goes to Madrid for stupid money say 150 M they deserve each other.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,463 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

secman wrote: »
    Hope Pogba goes to Madrid for stupid money say 150 M they deserve each other.

It was never going to be a case of Florentino Perez being put in the hay penny place in a transfer saga. Madrid not being able to afford someone is in his mind incomprehensible, whether they need the player or not they'll want to win the transfer battle. I'd say he'll sign for them before the end of the week, gits.

Glazers Out!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,755 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

AS say Madrid would need to raise money to buy Pogba.

But Sport Witness says that AS is a Madrid based newspaper and in Madrid they think every player wants to play for Real Madrid.
    The paper may be feeling put out about the rumours that Pogba's first choice is United which is what L'equipe says.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,990 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

wintear wrote: »
    Has will Keane changed international allegiances to Ireland?

In some radio reports from rte yesterday the referred to him as a young Irish player.

I don't think he has. Pity his brother Micheal Keane doesn't declare for Ireland, pretty short in the defenders department and he'd probably be an instant first team regular

Anyone know if United's games in China will be shown on MUTV only or is Sky showing them?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

I don't think he has. Pity his brother Micheal Keane doesn't declare for Ireland, pretty short in the defenders department and he'd probably be an instant first team regular

Anyone know if United's games in China will be shown on MUTV only or is Sky showing them?

MUTV only id say

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭ericzeking

RobertKK wrote: »
    AS say Madrid would need to raise money to buy Pogba.

But Sport Witness says that AS is a Madrid based newspaper and in Madrid they think every player wants to play for Real Madrid.
    The paper may be feeling put out about the rumours that Pogba's first choice is United which is what L'equipe says.
    In that case I'll take 1 Toni Kroos please and gladly let them spend stupid money on Pogba

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement