Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2016 - Mod Warning Post #6863

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭ericzeking

RobertKK wrote: »
    AS say Madrid would need to raise money to buy Pogba.
    This would be glorious...1 Toni Kroos please

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,597 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

I don't think he has. Pity his brother Micheal Keane doesn't declare for Ireland, pretty short in the defenders department and he'd probably be an instant first team regular

Anyone know if United's games in China will be shown on MUTV only or is Sky showing them?

Michael played underage for Ireland and switched to England at U19 I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

I'd happily help Real Madrid fund their quest for Pogba if we could get Kroos.

Even though I rated Pogba incredibly highly, I'd rather have Kroos and £60-70m left to strengthen elsewhere....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Kroos 60 million and varane 40 million and they get pogba.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,587 ✭✭✭weisses

secman wrote: »
    Hope Pogba goes to Madrid for stupid money say 150 M they deserve each other.

Yeah because 120 million is a steal :rolleyes:

Stupid amount of money in any regard

• Registered Users Posts: 33,755 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Real Madrid are not buying Pogba because Perez is not a fan, doesn't matter if Zidane wants him, Perez is who matters.

Bild saying that Bayern are looking at Sane now. Imagine they got him over City.. they will have some strength in depth

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭irishchris

Be nice if we could get the 25th best player in europe. But the joint 25th place player will grigg might be more attainable :-)

http://www.skysports.com/share/10505073

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,990 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

astradave wrote: »
    Michael played underage for Ireland and switched to England at U19 I think.

Yeah he started out with Ireland before switching over to England. If he is allowed switch again would probably be the best move for his career being an international starter as could only see him picking up a handful of caps for England at most in friendlies or if there is a defensive injury crisis.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭IamtheWalrus

Pogba and Kroos - why the fuck not. This is the new era. None of this Everton or Wigan raids anymore.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

It's hard to know but Juve fans in their main forums think he in still undecided.

Living in fantasy land if we got Pogba and Kroos that be epic.

I mean I'll literally see it as Keane and Scholes part 2.

Reality is we have shot at 1 of them, I just hope we have Plan B in place

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Headline on sky sports

Zlatan : I'll be Uniteds God

What a hero and he hasn't kicked a ball yet! Not short on confidence

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,842 ✭✭✭s8n

irishchris wrote: »
    Be nice if we could get the 25th best player in europe. But the joint 25th place player will grigg might be more attainable :-)

http://www.skysports.com/share/10505073

This is just ridiculous now

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Headline on sky sports

It was in reply to Cantona's "there is only one king of Manchester" he said he will be God of Manchester instead

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Pogba and Kroos - why the fuck not. This is the new era. None of this Everton or Wigan raids anymore.

Probabley alone in thinking this but kroos is one of the most overrated players of recent times. Would still take Modric now then Kroos.

Pogba is all potential while im not sure on him i think the potential to be a superstar is there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

Headline on sky sports

Wouldham you expect anything less from him. I hope people don't have very big expectations of him though. He is a brilliant addition but I fear this is his wind down season, his last pit stop. Different standard than french league and whilst he is a top player, one of best in world I fear (expect) that we won't see the real Zlatan again. Bastian, anyone?!

Headline on sky sports

Wouldham you expect anything less from him. I hope people don't have very big expectations of him though. He is a brilliant addition but I fear this is his wind down season, his last pit stop. Different standard than french league and whilst he is a top player, one of best in world I fear (expect) that we won't see the real Zlatan again. Bastian, anyone?!

sky88 wrote: »
    Probabley alone in thinking this but kroos is one of the most overrated players of recent times. Would still take Modric now then Kroos.

Pogba is all potential while im not sure on him i think the potential to be a superstar is there.

UH oh... TheDoc incoming......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭Claude Burgundy

Bastian was an injured crock long before he signed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

astradave wrote: »
    UH oh... TheDoc incoming......

Literally read this as I just finished a Kroos reference in the Balon Dor thread.

I totally get the apprehension around Kroos. He doesn't appear flashy, he looks like he can't defend, and people question what is all the fuss about. I guess you watch him long enough and it becomes obvious.

Kroos is falling victim to an ever increasing fanbase wanting to mark and judge "stats" to somehow associate praise to a player or compare them to others. Unfortunately for Kroos there is no stat metric for "Goals and chances created from their orchestration".

His assist count can look low, his goal scoring count can look low. But you just watch him, watch what he does, and you realise everything that happens from an attacking point for Germany and Madrid (and Bayern before) starts with him.

He is the best midfielder in the world for me, bar none. And his peak years are just around the corner.

Headline on sky sports

If we get Pogba - great for providing assists, combined with Mkhitaryan and Martial.

I can see Zlatan being a United God.

Kroos is a great player, would love him at United, but I don't see him leaving or if he was I am not sure RM would want to do business with us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

TheDoc wrote: »
    Literally read this as I just finished a Kroos reference in the Balon Dor thread.

I totally get the apprehension around Kroos. He doesn't appear flashy, he looks like he can't defend, and people question what is all the fuss about. I guess you watch him long enough and it becomes obvious.

Kroos is falling victim to an ever increasing fanbase wanting to mark and judge "stats" to somehow associate praise to a player or compare them to others. Unfortunately for Kroos there is no stat metric for "Goals and chances created from their orchestration".

His assist count can look low, his goal scoring count can look low. But you just watch him, watch what he does, and you realise everything that happens from an attacking point for Germany and Madrid (and Bayern before) starts with him.

He is the best midfielder in the world for me, bar none. And his peak years are just around the corner.

Modric is more important to madrid than Kroos imo, better defensively, more dynamic, better with the ball at feet, more creative. Kroos may be better at doing the easier stuff of keeping the ball moving, but i know who I'd want in a game that needs something special and its not Kroos!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,385 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Modric is more important to madrid than Kroos imo, better defensively, more dynamic, better with the ball at feet, more creative. Kroos may be better at doing the easier stuff of keeping the ball moving, but i know who I'd want in a game that needs something special and its not Kroos!
    Playing football is very simple, but playing simple football is the hardest thing there is
    ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Agree totally here. if you take kroos out of the madrid team there isnt that much of a change to madrid.

I just dont see what extra he brings to madrid at the minute. While a good player he is no were near the top players.

Bastian was an injured crock long before he signed.
    I'm on about his attitude and phoning in for his paycheck type performances more often than not. There seemed to also be an obligation to play him regardless of his former due to his status where others such as Schneiderlen and even Herrera may have had more an impact.

I know well zlatan is in a far better state and far more impact laden player but I just have lower expectations than many as to his impact over the course of a PL season

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,830 ✭✭✭Cookie_Dough

I'm on about his attitude and phoning in for his paycheck type performances more often than not. There seemed to also be an obligation to play him regardless of his former due to his status where others such as Schneiderlen and even Herrera may have had more an impact.

I know well zlatan is in a far better state and far more impact laden player but I just have lower expectations than many as to his impact over the course of a PL season

This would be more LvGs fault than Bastian. I don't recall hearing anything about him being unhappy when he was on the bench. I also think he could be a different player under José if he keeps injury free. He didn't play well due to LvGs oppressive boring system. José will probably sell though.,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Wonder if Zlatan will let me be his speechwriter??

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=99929170&postcount=6690

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,830 ✭✭✭Cookie_Dough

Wonder if Zlatan will let me be his speechwriter??

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=99929170&postcount=6690

There's your proof that he reads boards!! :D;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

Liam O wrote: »
    ;)

Quote is a bit nonsensical ;) don't care who said it

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

If Zlatan wanted money, I'd bet there was more lucrative offers on the table, or ones where he could make the same money with far less pressure....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Watching United V Club America here on MUTV from last year and Januzai would nearly fool you into thinking he's a good player by how he's playing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,233 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

Anyone see the Nivea for men ad where some kid is calling the honey monster a loser through team bus window? ****ing glorious thank you Nivea for making me smile

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭recyclops

Folks correct me if i am wrong but with the europa league game being on the 29th of september and the internationals the week after would that mean the stoke game has to be on the sunday the 2nd

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭TheDoctor

Would have to be yeah

recyclops wrote: »
    Folks correct me if i am wrong but with the europa league game being on the 29th of september and the internationals the week after would that mean the stoke game has to be on the sunday the 2nd

Yes.

That's the one I earmarked for going to and am expecting this to be the case when they get up to scheduling October.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭recyclops

grand im gonna take the plunge and book it all now before prices go up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭Claude Burgundy

Yes.

That's the one I earmarked for going to and am expecting this to be the case when they get up to scheduling October.

I'm in the states for the liverwho and chelsea games, i'd like to know the kick off times to plan !

I'm in the states for the liverwho and chelsea games, i'd like to know the kick off times to plan !

The United has the up to date times for all the games up to the Stoke match.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

Nail on the head, Kroos looks great when playing sides who will roll over, Modrid will be the difference in big games.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

Pogba will win us the league along with the signings and squad we already have.

I don't think kroos would have enough of an impact in the final third to win us a league

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,727 ✭✭✭roosterman71

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

What a stupid article lol. They don't know what meltdown is until they seen Mitch on the 1st of September ;););)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

jayo26 wrote:
    What a stupid article lol. They don't know what meltdown is until they seen Mitch on the 1st of September

What have I missed today
    New job = no checking boards

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Madrid won't be beaten by us, Pogba will sign, I'm almost certain of it right now. Not being able to buy players for the best part of two years will also factor into the equation.

I'm not so sure Kroos would be a good signing in terms of what we need, we really should have been all over Renato Sanches. I think Mourinho wants a deeper lying player like Matic or Matuidi and an attacking one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,196 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

At the end if the day Pogba is not worth even £50m let alone £100m. There is no way his value will increase to above £100m if he does make the move.

Bale would be a better move for that type of money. Looking at Pogba as an investment type player means buying him maturing him and reselling him at a profit which ain't gonna happen if he cost £100m in the first place. Way too much for him regardless of the potential.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,371 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

At the end if the day Pogba is not worth even £50m let alone £100m. There is no way his value will increase to above £100m if he does make the move.

Bale would be a better move for that type of money. Looking at Pogba as an investment type player means buying him maturing him and reselling him at a profit which ain't gonna happen if he cost £100m in the first place. Way too much for him regardless of the potential.

Or United might consider he will develop into a top player capable of leading a Pl and CL competing side, and can afford the 100million it will take to buy him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,924 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

Whatever Pogba, his agent & RM want I feel much happier with Jose in charge. He will know what's going on & probably has his spies too :pac:

He will of made contingency plans.

in this market Pogba is most definitely worth over 50million

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement