Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2016 - Mod Warning Post #6863

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Welcome to zlatan

16iw310.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 33,754 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Jayop wrote: »
    I've always thought he would make a great midfielder for certain games. He can open games up with his passing and again if we're going to play on the break which Jose likes to do then Rooney's accuracy to pacy wingers will be an awesome weapon.

I hope you are right.
    Quandary wrote: »
    Rooney is fine in midfield when given time and space and is playing against weaker teams. Apart from than that he should only be played at 10 or up front imo.

I could see Jose giving Rooney a run in midfield but if he continues to perform like he did for England and in some of our games last season I'd say it will be a short run.

I have a niggling concern about him in midfield, that just won't go away.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,640 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Watch it before it taken down I reckon

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9qtpkNvAC9M

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Did Mickey Ryan's plane land yet? :D

Did Mickey Ryan's plane land yet? :D

He must have went the long way around.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Headshot wrote: »
    Watch it before it taken down I reckon

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9qtpkNvAC9M

Not as cocky as I thought he would be! Got a sly dig in on West Ham tho

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

Did Mickey Ryan's plane land yet?

Got lost like Eds "Urgent transfer business" one a few years back..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,830 ✭✭✭Cookie_Dough

Ha MUTV trying to stoke the fire by quoting parts of Ibra's book to demonstrate how he hates Pep!

Ha MUTV trying to stoke the fire by quoting parts of Ibra's book to demonstrate how he hates Pep!

I love the cheeky United haha.

Calling arsenal fans gooners earlier too the little scamps.

jayo26 wrote: »
    I love the cheeky United haha.

Calling arsenal fans gooners earlier too the little scamps.

Yeah, they've also wheeled out the token Swedes in Bojan & Blomqvist to comment.

• Advertisement

Yeah, they've also wheeled out the token Swedes in Bojan & Blomqvist to comment.

I'm a few mins behind I'm waiting on jesper to come on here.

I'm a few mins behind I'm waiting on jesper to come on here.

Oh sorry! :o whoops

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,848 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Does Blomvquist work for United ? He was interviewed wearing the training kit hence the question. Cole too but then again he is a club ambassador.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,594 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Oh sorry! :o whoops

Dont mind him, if he doesn't want spoilers he shouldn't be using a dodgy box :D

Strumms wrote: »
    Does Blomvquist work for United ? He was interviewed wearing the training kit hence the question. Cole too but then again he is a club ambassador.

Yhh there is a raft of ambassadors for the club. Jasper and Andy do a lot of the foundation work.

I thought Andy Cole was looking a lot better than the last time I saw him on TV.

astradave wrote: »
    Dont mind him, if he doesn't want spoilers he shouldn't be using a dodgy box :D

Ohh I wasn't complaining or anything I just couldn't comment as I had paused it for a few minutes.

Nothing dodgey about my box I tell you... apart from my subscription :)

RobertKK wrote: »
    I thought Andy Cole was looking a lot better than the last time I saw him on TV.

Yeh was thinking the same. God help him the medication he was on bloated him unreal but he looks well on the mend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Great signing in fairness. I think he will score a bag of goals. Will this halt Rashfords development though. He looks the real deal

• Advertisement

niallo27 wrote: »
    Great signing in fairness. I think he will score a bag of goals. Will this halt Rashfords development though. He looks the real deal

I think Rashford will benifit not been the main man we depend on. If he gets 20 games next season it should help him alot and won't halt him.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

I think Rashford will benifit not been the main man we depend on. If he gets 20 games next season it should help him alot and won't halt him.

I see him starting for the capital one cup and Europa games so 7+ games there and will surely make 30+ min appearances in the pl

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

For me...whose favourite United player is Berbatov, this is a dream come true.

Cant believe he is a Uniged player. Incredible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭0gac3yjefb5sv7

TheDoc wrote: »

Fav united player berbatov!?! That is crazy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

Pheonix10 wrote: »
    Fav united player berbatov!?! That is crazy

Incredible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,848 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Still think Rashford will get plenty of opportunity under Jose, just to good not too. Also because he isn't a one trick pony and can play wide left also. I am sure given Zlatan's vintage also that he won't be starting absolutely every game either.... Let's face it Rashford only got an opportunity in the first place due to circumstances ie. an injury epidemic that hit a squad of players that was already light.

• Advertisement

Pogba's father: "What we want is that he plays in a better league. He'll decide which team he's going to play for."

Seems to indicate he will be leaving Juventus.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

RobertKK wrote: »
    Pogba's father: "What we want is that he plays in a better league. He'll decide which team he's going to play for."

Seems to indicate he will be leaving Juventus.

Don't do it to yourself! He's going to Real! No doubt! He won't be back at OT!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Manutd_4life

Fellaini on

Fellaini on

Fellaini does what fellaini does best he is pure nasty.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,067 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

Fellani as a blind when. Should be a red

Edid I meant blond

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

TheDoc wrote: »

Of all time? Over cantona, beckham, scholes, Ronaldo even Keane???

Man that's crazy **** right there....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

Fellaini looks like he will be sent off, on a yellow and already 3 fouls committed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,225 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Fellaini is physical.

Not a nasty bone in his body. Leave him alone.

J. Marston wrote: »
    Fellaini is physical.

Not a nasty bone in his body. Leave him alone.

Hope your not been serious ha.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,418 ✭✭✭secman

Look and learn...That's how to head a ball ...Fellaini and Lukaku.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

Delighted for Wales and for Fellaini.

Get him home early to rest those elbows.

• niallo27 wrote: »

That was a concern I have had for months now
    I'd hope it will aid his progression by having that type of quality player coaching him

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭mewe

The future is bright. The future is Zlatan. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,343 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    That was a concern I have had for months now
    I'd hope it will aid his progression by having that type of quality player coaching him

Do you think we should have bought no striker and relied on 18 year old rashford to lead a title charge?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭discobeaker

I'm not sure how to post up a video but this just popped up on my Facebook. A message from King Cantona

https://www.facebook.com/Eurosport/videos/10154973715029745/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,161 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,617 ✭✭✭caviardreams

Looks like Big Dave might stay.:cool: The person who sent that word document that couldn't be opened or whatever it was deserves a pay rise.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Mkhitaryan will be unveiled early next week,it's the first week of the new month so the "Micky Money" will be out.

I'll get me coat and close the door behind me.

Pogba's next club.

Pogba-Suspended-Betting.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 256 ✭✭wintear

Should Rooney and Carrick follow Giggs out of the club to allow Mourinho to put his stamp on the team?

Rooney and a number of senior players appeared to be actively pushing for Giggs to be the next manager. Would seem to be a sensible move to cement Jose position.

wintear wrote: »
    Should Rooney and Carrick follow Giggs out of the club to allow Mourinho to put his stamp on the team?

Rooney and a number of senior players appeared to be actively pushing for Giggs to be the next manager. Would seem to be a sensible move to cement Jose position.

Carrick had no contract for this coming season until Jose arrived.

The money has been coming for Pogba to United, 5/6 with Skybet. Real Madrid 15/8. Juventus 4/1.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭WarZ

Must be huge money involved. Pogba has repeatedly stated his dislike for the club (although he likes the city)

• Advertisement

WarZ wrote: »
    Must be huge money involved. Pogba has repeatedly stated his dislike for the club (although he likes the city)

His father is quoted as saying he wants to play in a better league, and Real Madrid don't wantt o pay, while United are reported to do what it takes.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement