Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2016 - Mod Warning Post #6863

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭Polo_Mint

Julez wrote: »
    Terrible haggling, at least start with €99m!!

And everytime they say not enough

I-am-rich-floyd-mayweather-throwing-money.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,924 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

I believe the stories that Jose has a total budget & it's up to him how he spends it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

so what then?

United should pay 50m for some sub standard player is it?

If it costs 120m to get the player Mou wants, then that's what the club pays.

It's not as if they can't bleedin afford it

The club is rich, the richest in the world, it's time it started acting like it in the transfer market - this is the start of it, blasting them fúckers in Madrid right out of the water on the biggest transfer of the summer.

Flex those muscles, show the world "it's motherfúcking ON bitches".

The club can afford a transfer like this every damn summer.

Get the players in, get the trophies and leave the penny pinching to the has beens and have nots.

Yeah, in fact, they should just bid £200 million right off the bat and make a real serious statement of intent, its not like we can't afford it! Its important that we prove we have the biggest dicks on the planet by spending as much as we can as soon as we can.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,371 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Yeah, in fact, they should just bid £200 million right off the bat and make a real serious statement of intent, its not like we can't afford it! Its important that we prove we have the biggest dicks on the planet by spending as much as we can as soon as we can.

Well if Juve would accept less than 200million, that would be a stupid thing to do.

United want Pogba.
    Seemingly he will cost 100million.
    United can afford it and don't mind paying it for him.

Thats it. If Madrid were spending it we'd just be hearing about how this shows what a big club they are, how powerful they are - how they see a player they want and they get him.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,531 ✭✭✭magnumbud

the money is insane but thats what football has become and its not my money so i don't care.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭Korat

Utd's experience with big money signings hasn't been good recently but I think Pogba is worth any money we can afford.

At the current rate of football inflation he could be worth twice that fee in 3 years if RM come knocking for him and in the worst case he'd be no more of a loss than what's been wasted since Fergie and Gill left.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,597 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭Claude Burgundy

astradave wrote: »

Its on twitter..................must be true:rolleyes::D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Its on twitter..................must be true:rolleyes::D

Eh its on the telly, on Skysports news?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭TheDoctor

€104 million is about £87.3 million.

Spending the Ronaldo money!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,755 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Gianluca di Marzio says United, Raiola and Juventus could meet today and if they do meet today there could be important developments in the next few hours.
    He says United are making concrete moves for Pogba, also says Juve will very likely ask for a higher sum than what is offered - around €104 million.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

TheDoctor wrote:
    Spending the Ronaldo money!

About time we did
    Pity it's on a guy who was in Our youth team when we got the Ronaldo money...

Who cares though

#positivityplane
    #MarsBar&CookieDough

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

brinty wrote: »
    About time we did

Who cares though

#positivityplane
    #MarsBar&CookieDough

Brinty ya Slut

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭Flint Fredstone

Still a lot of "could meet" and "United to make a bid"
    Not statements I'd be getting excited about.

I agree Flint alot of speculating but fuk it after the few years we had speculation is awesome.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Better than under the last 2 managers when we spent months "preparing bids".

Fail to prepare, prepare to fail.

Fails anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭Flint Fredstone

zerks wrote: »
    Better than under the last 2 managers when we spent months "preparing bids".

It's the same thing though. Buying time if there's no cold hard facts behind it.

jayo26 wrote:
    Brinty ya Slut

Youre the pilot

About time we did

Who cares though

#positivityplane
    #MarsBar&CookieDough

It's like Peter Beardsley all over again.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSmdQe6CXSl4WE0B020zaINJLZOPDf9uMU08Lr3FmOtQZi5XZsiEZTEMQ

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,777 ✭✭✭jimmytwotimes 2013

As a few posters have said we've 'prepared' some amount of bids over the last few summers.

I tell the missus I'm preparing to do the gardening.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,830 ✭✭✭Cookie_Dough

About time we did

Who cares though

#positivityplane
    #MarsBar&CookieDough
    jayo26 wrote: »
    Brinty ya Slut
    Youre the pilot

What ya trying to say jayo? :D I'll get my passport
    #positivityplanepassenger

What ya trying to say jayo? I'll get my passport #positivityplanepassenger

That's my girl CookieDough

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,371 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Korat wrote: »
    Utd's experience with big money signings hasn't been good recently but I think Pogba is worth any money we can afford.

At the current rate of football inflation he could be worth twice that fee in 3 years if RM come knocking for him and in the worst case he'd be no more of a loss than what's been wasted since Fergie and Gill left.

Thought Martial has done pretty well, to be honest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,385 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

I just can't shake the feeling Pogba is the wrong person to be paying this money for. He doesn't seem to know his best position (it's no.10 imo) and i think at the positions that he does play there are other options available for much less money who can come in and play the deeper roles to a better standard.

I guess Pogba has the name though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

Liam O wrote: »
    I just can't shake the feeling Pogba is the wrong person to be paying this money for. He doesn't seem to know his best position (it's no.10 imo) and i think at the positions that he does play there are other options available for much less money who can come in and play the deeper roles to a better standard.

yeah, this clown Mourinho knows feck all about football, don't know why he's chasing one of the best young players on the planet really.

Send him back to Chelsea and he can take Pogba with him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

also, wtf? did Beardsley have a childhood accident that knocked his chin halfway to Wednesday or what?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭0gac3yjefb5sv7

Team for next year :)

De Gea

Shaw, Smalling, Bailly, Darmian
    Schneiderlin
    Pogba, Herrera
    Martial, Zlatan, Mickey.

If that doesn't win the league then I dunno.

Pheonix10 wrote: »
    Team for next year :)

De Gea

Shaw, Smalling, Bailly, Darmian
    Schneiderlin
    Pogba, Herrera
    Martial, Zlatan, Mickey.

If that doesn't win the league then I dunno.

Personally I`d have the full backs playing the other way around.;)

• Advertisement

Pogba as a No 10? Not a chance imo.

Hes certainly an attack minded midfielder but nowhere near a no 10.

I`d be surprised if he isnt a Utd player by the end of the week.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

https://twitter.com/MourinhoMatilde/status/755399265057435649

Jose heading off to China...wait, whats that behind him on the whiteboard?

(Copied from Reddit)

http://imgur.com/PT7xS3D

There's a name thats hard to make out between Carrick and Fellaini, that looks remarkably like it ends in "...gba"... :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

adox wrote: »
    Pogba as a No 10? Not a chance imo.

Hes certainly an attack minded midfielder but nowhere near a no 10.

I`d be surprised if he isnt a Utd player by the end of the week.

If he signs I'd expect him to occupy the same position as Lampard did under Mourinho in his first spell at Chelsea which was at #10, but not in the classical, playmaking sense. Pogba is at his best when he's given freedom to attack which wouldn't be the case if he played as a deep CM in a Mourinho team. Would seem a waste if he was to be signed and not played as the one furthest forward in a 3 man midfield. It'd raise huge question marks over Rooney's role in the team though.

Unless Mourinho wants to try and play him slightly ahead of the DM in a disciplined box to box role but again, I don't see that role getting the most out of him. The reason why he costs so much is for his ability to drive forward and influence games in the final third, you want to give him as much freedom in the team as possible IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,576 ✭✭✭deaddonkey15

Liam O wrote: »

Indeed. If history has taught us anything, it's that overlooking Pogba in favour of someone else is not something a club like United would end up regretting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Blatter wrote: »
    If he signs I'd expect him to occupy the same position as Lampard did under Mourinho in his first spell at Chelsea which was at #10, but not in the classical, playmaking sense. Pogba is at his best when he's given freedom to attack which wouldn't be the case if he played as a deep CM in a Mourinho team. Would seem a waste if he was to be signed and not played as the one furthest forward in a 3 man midfield. It'd raise huge question marks over Rooney's role in the team though.

Unless Mourinho wants to try and play him slightly ahead of the DM in a disciplined box to box role but again, I don't see that role getting the most out of him. The reason why he costs so much is for his ability to drive forward and influence games in the final third, you want to give him as much freedom in the team as possible IMO.

Think you've hit the nail on the head there, I think Jose would see Pogba as his Lampard. At the Euro's Pogba was wasted in the more defensive role.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

French press saying Matuidi isn't wanted at PSG next season. Spanish press saying Madrid will have to pay €115 release clause for Gomes. So much for getting a cheaper alternative to Pogba

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,213 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

Why you should never listen to SSN.

@JamesHorncastle

James Horncastle Retweeted Romeo Agresti

Raiola tells Goal’s Italy desk that everything you’re reading about Pogba ATM is BS

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,597 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Anyone else want to try zoom in on the picture.. id advise Bangkok against it as it has Fellaini on it.. looks like it says Pogba above Fellaini.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭Claude Burgundy

Until i see it on the BBC its all horse poo of the highest order.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭JaMarcusHustle

Looks like it says Mata to me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

astradave wrote: »
    Anyone else want to try zoom in on the picture.. id advise Bangkok against it as it has Fellaini on it.. looks like it says Pogba above Fellaini.

Yes it says sell fellaini, buy pogba. Easy

• Advertisement

Looks like it says Anderson to me

• Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭SEANoftheDEAD

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

The Guardian are going with it now and they're usually very reliable. Serious, serious money and probably the most expensive row that Ferguson ever had - even more so than Magnier and McManus.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,777 ✭✭✭jimmytwotimes 2013

As regards Pogba leaving United. He probably could have gotten more game time but didn't exactly pull up trees when he played for the first team either.

He was a hot prospect, no doubt, but needed to be more patient than he was willing to be.

Fault on both sides but Fergie couldn't be held to ransom by every young player who felt they had a shot at being a star.

Looks like it says Mata to me.

I thought I seen messi there it can't be right tho

Noway would messi play on left.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

so what then?

United should pay 50m for some sub standard player is it?

If it costs 120m to get the player Mou wants, then that's what the club pays.

It's not as if they can't bleedin afford it

The club is rich, the richest in the world, it's time it started acting like it in the transfer market - this is the start of it, blasting them fúckers in Madrid right out of the water on the biggest transfer of the summer.

Flex those muscles, show the world "it's motherfúcking ON bitches".

The club can afford a transfer like this every damn summer.

Get the players in, get the trophies and leave the penny pinching to the has beens and have nots.

I understand I'm in the minority, and Pogba is a very good player but it's just how I feel. I think the money being thrown about for a man who not so long ago Alex Ferguson himself said showed no respect to the club and said he was quite happy he was leaving the club, is over the top and a gamble. Also hardly too many subpar midfielders being priced at £50million, very few have ever been sold for over that, De Bruyne comes to mind (just about over it).

It may not be to relevant to others but I just feel a little embarrassed that we are forking out way more money than we should be on a player who left us on the free and then one of the most highly respected individuals to be associated with our club comes out to criticise the players attitude. I know people can slag me and criticise my thinking on the matter but I just see it as an expensive risk on a player who's already walked out of the club once.
    Yeah, we're all going to have to get a second job, cut back on the steak dinners and flashy clothes :(

Obviously it doesn't affect us financially but at the same time I imagine people wouldn't want their club spending over the top money for a player just because the money is available. Or maybe I'm alone in that regard too.

Either way it's just how I feel about it and I can't see my mind changing.

If he joins fair enough, hopefully he gives it his all, shows respect to the club and performs well, but if he doesn't join I won't lose too much sleep over it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

The Guardian are going with it now and they're usually very reliable. Serious, serious money and probably the most expensive row that Ferguson ever had - even more so than Magnier and McManus.

I wouldn't classify it as a row, more-so the foundations that fergie instilled on the club for 26 years. No player is bigger than the club nor the manager, why should he change what has made him and United so successful to stroke the ego of a player who looked uninspiring in the games he played in the first team up until that time.

He always gave youth a chance, I have no doubt that if Pogba hung around he'd have been given his shot. Mind you, he may not be the player he is today without doing what he did, so it looks like it all worked out.

Now....I'm not saying what Fegie did was correct, but in his mind it was.

I'm reading a book now called Forever Young: The Story of Adrian Doherty (Fantastic book btw) and there is snippets of the mind set of Ryan Giggs and other youth team players who were given their change by Fergie. They would never have done what Pogba did. Perhaps its just modern society and a sense of entitlement, but you shouldn't feel like you know more than a man who has won everything in the game and been successful for 26 years when you're 17 and have won or achieved nothing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

Adamocovic wrote: »
    I understand I'm in the minority, and Pogba is a very good player but it's just how I feel. I think the money being thrown about for a man who not so long ago Alex Ferguson himself said showed no respect to the club and said he was quite happy he was leaving the club, is over the top and a gamble. Also hardly too many subpar midfielders being priced at £50million, very few have ever been sold for over that, De Bruyne comes to mind (just about over it).

It may not be to relevant to others but I just feel a little embarrassed that we are forking out way more money than we should be on a player who left us on the free and then one of the most highly respected individuals to be associated with our club comes out to criticise the players attitude. I know people can slag me and criticise my thinking on the matter but I just see it as an expensive risk on a player who's already walked out of the club once.

Obviously it doesn't affect us financially but at the same time I imagine people wouldn't want their club spending over the top money for a player just because the money is available. Or maybe I'm alone in that regard too.

Either way it's just how I feel about it and I can't see my mind changing.

If he joins fair enough, hopefully he gives it his all, shows respect to the club and performs well, but if he doesn't join I won't lose too much sleep over it.

I'd agree with alot of what you say, I'd MUCH rather have Kroos/Morgan as a pair and Micky Ryan in the 10 with martial/Depay/Rashford either side supplying Ibra and put some more money into the team.

But thats just me.

I'd agree with alot of what you say, I'd MUCH rather have Kroos/Morgan as a pair and Micky Ryan in the 10 with martial/Depay/Rashford either side supplying Ibra and put some more money into the team.

But thats just me.

Full backs are a concern for me. They're the workhorses of any attacking team. I hope Luke Shaw will be as good as he was before his injury but Valencia can't defend and as much as I hope for the best with TFM I'm not sure he's an RB/WB.

In Mourinho I trust on this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,830 ✭✭✭Cookie_Dough

Re the tactics board - it definitely looks like Mata to me (& not just cos that's what I want it to say!)

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement