Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2016 - Mod Warning Post #6863

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

It's immaterial, Pogba to United for three years until he starts to hit his real peak, then take 175mil from Madrid for him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

If he leaves China you know its not happening,he has got form :D

He didn't go to China ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

astradave wrote:
    Someone piss in your cornflakes this morning Brinty?

No
    But someone poured sour milk on my cheerios
    He has to go to work

Don't mock me
    Someone has to pay for our plane

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,597 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

If he leaves China you know its not happening,he has got form :D

he has to get there first :D he wasn't on the flight

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

RobertKK wrote: »
    Pep must be getting frustrated.
    He wants Bonucci and it is reported that he will stay at Juventus.
    He wants Sane and it seems he might move to Bayern Munich.
    Meanwhile United will have got the four players they wanted as it seems Pogba is happening.

Its going to be interesting to see how he reacts.

Thus far he has managed the first or second most attractive team in world football, then probably the third, now he is at the helm of a team that probably isn't even in the top 10 biggest draws in Europe.

The only thing City can offer is bottomless money, it will help with some players for sure but the rebuild needed there is massive compared to us or Chelsea.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,830 ✭✭✭Cookie_Dough

brinty wrote: »
    No
    But someone poured sour milk on my cheerios

Don't mock me
    Someone has to pay for our plane

Well I understand now, sour milk first thing in the morning is sure to ruin anyones day!

I would NEVER mock you! I want a comfy seat on the plane :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Simply wouldn't be a United summer window without a saga.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

TheDoc wrote: »

Pfft, it's July 20th. Barely even a fiasco yet :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,652 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

I still think we need another RB to challenge Darmian for RB. I dont want Valencia any where near that position.

Even if we get Pogba, I wouldnt mind another CM

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

In fairness we have done 3 class deals already and our "saga" involves breaking the world record transfer for one of the best midfielders in the world. I'm loving this summers "saga" to be honest.

We are back big time

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,113 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

Its going to be interesting to see how he reacts.

Thus far he has managed the first or second most attractive team in world football, then probably the third, now he is at the helm of a team that probably isn't even in the top 10 biggest draws in Europe.

The only thing City can offer is bottomless money, it will help with some players for sure but the rebuild needed there is massive compared to us or Chelsea.

Bonucci is a better signing than Pogba,City offer more than united.There are favs to win the title,they are in the champions league with a decent shot to win it,to be trained by one of the best manager in the world and when it boils down to it Pep v Jose,Pep has beaten him comfortably over the years.
    Only time will time thi.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

bangkok wrote: »
    In fairness we have done 3 class deals already and our "saga" involves breaking the world record transfer for one of the best midfielders in the world. I'm loving this summers "saga" to be honest.

We are back big time

2 class deals, still don't know how Bailly will do

bangkok wrote: »

We are back big time

Yeah didn't mean it as a negative thing. And appreciate a big deal will take time.

I'm not getting into the clickbait this summer or the rumours, but from reading here everywhere saying 120m for weeks, and then we throw a lowball offer that gets rejected?

Yeah didn't mean it as a negative thing. And appreciate a big deal will take time.

I'm not getting into the clickbait this summer or the rumours, but from reading here everywhere saying 120m for weeks, and then we throw a lowball offer that gets rejected?

Not necessarily, most of the reports had been guesswork with the figures ranging between 100 and 130m euro so i don't see why we would go straight in with a 120m+ bid if Juve want 120+, negotiations are key in a deal this size. it will probably be settled somewhere in the middle, with the extra been made up in add-ons and bonuses.

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭laois gael

Paul Pogba is going to happen ...It's one of them worst kept secrets stories....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,559 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Bonucci is a better signing than Pogba,City offer more than united.There are favs to win the title,they are in the champions league with a decent shot to win it,to be trained by one of the best manager in the world and when it boils down to it Pep v Jose,Pep has beaten him comfortably over the years.
    Only time will time thi.
    Why are you comparing Bonucci and Pogba ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭Flint Fredstone

yabadabado wrote: »
    Why are you comparing Bonucci and Pogba ?

Because things.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,531 ✭✭✭magnumbud

Because things.

and stuff?

If we sign pogba would anyone think juventus would dare sell bonucci I'd say they be war.

DiMarzio is reporting that he is staying.. but you know.. the mirror said he is joining so it must be true

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,755 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

jayo26 wrote: »

They are not use to rejection.

Everything points to United still having a hold over Pogba when it came to how he feels about the club, while at Juventus he has said on one occasion he still loves United, and on a different occasion he thinks about United everyday.

I don't think he wanted Real Madrid all that much and it was only because of Zidane that he was linked.
    A deal for Pogba looks inevitable, Madrid based media must be feeling rejection, they can see where the money is - top managers going to the Premier League, now world record fees in the PL, and top wages in Europe.
    All the other leagues must be concerned about how rich the PL has become.

United in a state of crisis for three years has still proven to be a major draw for players.
    Marca with their bitterness shows Woodward and Mourinho look like a most serious force to be reckoned with in world football.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

astradave wrote: »
    DiMarzio is reporting that he is staying.. but you know.. the mirror said he is joining so it must be true

Wait, Pogba is staying? Or Bonnucci?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭Claude Burgundy

Everything points to United still having a hold over Pogba when it came to how he feels about the club, while at Juventus he has said on one occasion he still loves United, and on a different occasion he thinks about United everyday.

I don't think he wanted Real Madrid all that much and it was only because of Zidane that he was linked.
    A deal for Pogba looks inevitable, Madrid based media must be feeling rejection, they can see where the money is - top managers going to the Premier League, now world record fees in the PL, and top wages in Europe.

United in a state of crisis for three years has still proven to be a major draw for players.
    Marca with their bitterness shows Woodward and Mourinho look like a most serious force to be reckoned with in world football.

Yet in terms of European football in the last few years the PL have been rather awful

Lord TSC wrote: »

Bonucci I'd imagine

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

85m pounds is not exactly lowball, it's a British transfer record and a world record bid if I'm not mistaken. 2 clubs will come to an agreement if pogba wants to leave. Still think Madrid could sneak in and get him. Would be a mega signing for us if we pull it off

Yet in terms of European football in the last few years the PL have been rather awful

But it is clear that this should change, everything points to an upward trajectory for PL clubs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

I think you're extrapolating a lot of personal hopes/fears/etc from a fairly simple situation there tbh.

1: Utd willing to pay more than anyone
    2: Marca generally arseholes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭Claude Burgundy

But it is clear that this should change, everything points to an upward trajectory for PL clubs.

Agreed it should, once the money is spent correctly. Utd spent big and had a proven european winning manager, didn't do us much good in the last two seasons.

Also players must want to come, not just for the pay day. Di maria being a prime example.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,446 ✭✭✭glued

Pogba and Raiola made it very clear that Real Madrid was his first choice. Real Madrid just weren't as willing to go to the depths we went to, to get him.

A far cry from Peter Kenyon penny pinching over Ronaldinho.

• Advertisement

Only time will time thi.

City offer more than United?

Because they happen to be in the Champions League this season you must mean, even that is only an advantage til next season.

City are not nor will they ever be close to United in any way.

Imo the only reason City find themselves in this position is because of United's success.

They were bought purely and simply because of the recognition that Manchester has globally from a footballing POV.

The reason Manchester has global football recognition is down to United and their success.

I'd suggest next time you are speaking to a United fan in a pub that you should buy them a pint in thanks for being part of the reason the club you support has had any recent success.

Also players must want to come, not just for the pay day. Di maria being a prime example.

That's the biggest thing for me.

Zlatan wanted to join.

Mkithariyan wanted to join.

Pogba allegedly wants to join.

Not being the first choice / dream move for a player (ie Pogba would prefer Madrid to us if given a straight choice with all other things being equal) is IMO a helluva lot different to the ADM situation where RM wanted shut of him and PSG were hamstrung by FFP.

Lord TSC wrote: »

sorry i should have clarified :D Pogb........Bonucci

:D

gosplan wrote: »
    I think you're extrapolating a lot of personal hopes/fears/etc from a fairly simple situation there tbh.

1: Utd willing to pay more than anyone
    2: Marca generally arseholes

I trust L'equipe who had a journalist interview Pogba two days before they published that Pogba always wanted to return to United.
    Then it was in the French media that he had told his closest team mates in France and close family and friends that he was returning to United.
    It took a while for Madrid based media to get the hint that Pogba actually rejected Real Madrid, they couldn't afford him, were not prepared to pay him the wage he wanted, Perez not a fan with suggestions of racism, and it was only Pogba's friendship with Zidane that was being used as to why he would choose Madrud.
    Real Madrid never really wanted him in my opinion, I think they knew they were never in the race but wanted to appear as if they were. I think the work was done in the months before Jose signed which appears to be the case for Zlatan and Mkhitaryan, Jose knew he was getting the United job and could easily tap up players without doing anything questionable given he was a free agent before he signed anything.

glued wrote: »
    Pogba and Raiola made it very clear that Real Madrid was his first choice. Real Madrid just weren't as willing to go to the depths we went to, to get him.

A far cry from Peter Kenyon penny pinching over Ronaldinho.

Where has Pogba made it clear it was his first choice?

On a somewhat side note.

Is tapping up just not a thing anymore? All these posts sharing links about he wants here, he wants there. So what, we made our first bid like today or something and it was rejected. Yet somehow we have arranged salaries and **** with him and his agent.

So just curious is tapping up not a thing anymore, or that just no one cares.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

On a somewhat side note.

Is tapping up just not a thing anymore? All these posts sharing links about he wants here, he wants there. So what, we made our first bid like today or something and it was rejected. Yet somehow we have arranged salaries and **** with him and his agent.

So just curious is tapping up not a thing anymore, or that just no one cares.

It's technically still a rule afaik, but it's just no longer enforced.

Clubs have long since realised that agents talking to players on clubs behalf are all too necessary to get deals done, especially if you're in competing with another club to get a big Summer deal done.

Gone are the days of Cashley Cole etc.

Adamcp898 wrote: »
    It's technically still a rule afaik, but it's just no longer enforced.

Clubs have long since realised that agents talking to players on clubs behalf are all too necessary to get deals done, especially if you're in competing with another club to get a big Summer deal done.

Gone are the days of Cashley Cole etc.

I asked this before and i think the answer i got was that its a rule between 2 english clubs.. that its the FA that governs it and between 2 clubs in different leagues its seen as being ok.

Im still not 100% certain that thats the case though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

I thought the tapping up thing was only between English clubs too... there's seemingly nothing wrong with putting potential offers to players in another country.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,113 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

City offer more than United?

Because they happen to be in the Champions League this season you must mean, even that is only an advantage til next season.

City are not nor will they ever be close to United in any way.

Imo the only reason City find themselves in this position is because of United's success.

They were bought purely and simply because of the recognition that Manchester has globally from a footballing POV.

The reason Manchester has global football recognition is down to United and their success.

I'd suggest next time you are speaking to a United fan in a pub that you should buy them a pint in thanks for being part of the reason the club you support has had any recent success.

Nice that you can tell the future.
    Ill admit that United have a bigger fan base,theres nothing I can do about that but you didnt address City being Favs to win the title and have the best manager in the league.
    You come across as very bitter about City and very narcissistic about United.
    You say City not even close or ever be close in anyway shows how deluded you are.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭ElChe32

Ill admit that United have a bigger fan base,theres nothing I can do about that but you didnt address City being Favs to win the title and have the best manager in the league.
    You say City not even close or ever be close in anyway shows how deluded you are.

giphy.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,576 ✭✭✭deaddonkey15

Whether Pep is the best manager in a league he's never managed in or not is debatable to say the least. City being favourites to win the title means nothing. Leicester weren't favourites last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

jayo26 wrote: »
    He didn't go to China ;)
    he has to get there first :D he wasn't on the flight

Its happening so :D

Jose won the CL with Porto and Inter.
    Pep won it with Barca.

Mourinho is more proven than Pep in Europe, Pep has only ever won the CL with Messi in the team.
    Mourinho is also proven in the PL.

I suppose something has to pass the time until Pogba signs :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭IamtheWalrus

I don't believe for second that Pogba would come to Utd if it weren't the silly wages being offered and Madrid pulling out but it's different to DiMaria; Pogba has been at the club, he'll know he'll be welcomed. Throw in Jose and I think you've got yourself a transfer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭Polo_Mint

Are you basing city as favourites because they have Guardiola?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

City will spend "the whole year inn" second place :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

City will spend "the whole year inn" second place

Who are city
    There's only one club in Manchester
    According to Zlatan the god of Old Trafford

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭Flint Fredstone

I'm sure City were clear favourites to finish ahead of Leicester, Arsenal and Spurs last season. How did that go?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,652 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

sorry i should have clarified :D Pogb........Bonucci

:D

Feck sake dave, you gave me a fright

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement