Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2016 - Mod Warning Post #6863

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Jose looks so natural on training pitch he hovering around the groups and having the few jokes and smile.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

jayo26 wrote: »
    Jose looks so natural on training pitch he hovering around the groups and having the few jokes and smile.

It's almost like he's been doing it all his life ;)

Adamcp898 wrote: »
    It's almost like he's been doing it all his life ;)

Couldn't of said it better myself haha.

Lvg never looked right on tour in my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

brinty wrote: »
    Mata normally has a blog about this stuff???

Rio's tour diary is much better with lot of videos.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

L'Equipe: "Paul Pogba (Juventus) à Manchester United, c'est acté"

L'Equipe, usually Tier One with French players, saying the deal is done :D

Lord TSC wrote: »
    L'Equipe: "Paul Pogba (Juventus) à Manchester United, c'est acté"

L'Equipe, usually Tier One with French players, saying the deal is done :D

Ahh stop that's just teasing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,597 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

This is the translated article
    Reportedly, Paul Pogba goes well be transferred to Manchester United this summer. All parties have agreed on Wednesday to transfer the center of the Juventus for the Red Devils .

Paul Pogba (23) goes well become the most expensive player in football history . Started Tuesday discussions on the transfer of the French middle resulted Wednesday in two key agreements and supported this operation : Juventus has accepted the request of the player to return to Manchester United and the English club has validated , for its part, against -Proposal of Juventus, who claimed damages of € 120 while the first proposal Mancunian amounted to € 101M .

Negotiations must now proceed to formalize this move but the return of Paul Pogba Manchester United, he left in 2012, now seems a matter of days.
    B.Gh. @BilelGhazi

It's basically just saying what the Italians are saying..

astradave wrote: »
    This is the translated article

It's basically just saying what the Italians are saying..

Twitter is getting very excited for just a rehash of yesterday's news.

jayo26 wrote: »
    Twitter is getting very excited for just a rehash of yesterday's news.

Everyone seems to be focusing on this part of the article

"All parties have agreed on Wednesday to transfer the center of the Juventus for the Red Devils ."

• Registered Users Posts: 33,755 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

It is clear Pogba will be a United player again.

Wonder if we keep Schweinsteiger or if he is sold and replaced.

• Advertisement

Paddypower and some other bookies have suspended booking on Pogba, you can still get 1/3 with Skybet for him to join United.

I complained about the United home kit this season but fuk me I'm grateful it's not as horrid as that thing city are wearing tonight.

Pogba broke twitter!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

RobertKK wrote: »
    Wonder if we keep Schweinsteiger or if he is sold and replaced.

Rojo and Schweinsteiger top my list of players to offload. Rojo because he has produced some of the most diabolical defending, that I've ever seen in a United shirt. And Schweinstiger because he should have been signed 5 years ago and not when he was heading towards gimp central.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭IamtheWalrus

PONba or POFFba?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

And that's that.

Happy days, although im down few quid

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,976 ✭✭✭billyhead

Great signing if true. Exactly what we need to make serious assault on the title

All Juve lads saying it's done.

So take that what you will

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭Kankan14

All Juve lads saying it's done.

Palmeri saying pogba is house hunting. He's as reputable as a journo gets.

https://mobile.twitter.com/tancredipalmeri/status/755835488032985088

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,217 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Got excited, checked BBC. Excitement faded.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• All Juve lads saying it's done.

Not had a chance to post much lately....
    Will have the Woody gifs on the trigger finger when official....

PONba or POFFba?

PogBACK! :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

Got excited, checked BBC. Excitement faded.

I know! Allardyce.

• Advertisement

I know! Allardyce.

I have stated in the other thread, I actually don't think its a bad appointment, nor do I particularly care who they appoint :)

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

PogbON or PogbOFF

surely?

Kankan14 wrote: »

Ya good for PMs too for heads-up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,113 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

Wrong form

• I know! Allardyce.

Hadn't realised England are in a relegation battle

• Advertisement

Pogbitch

• Registered Users Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭Crimson King

As great a player as Pogba is and possibly will be for us there is something that worries me, and it's not the price tag.

It's the fact at 23 he will have forced his way out of 3 clubs already to 'further his career'. Something about that irks me, especially as United were one of this teams.

Can't say Jose isn't being backed 100% in this transfer window. With Pogba joining, I'd be thinking everyone will be expecting a title challange this year.

Giddy though. What a window this has been, and it's not even August yet....

The little devil in me would still like us to sign 1 or 2 more players, but really can't complain

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

Doubt he'll get his deposit back. Very sudden to be leaving?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

I didn't think it was actually going to happen this summer, but it's actually happening!

As great a player as Pogba is and possibly will be for us there is something that worries me, and it's not the price tag.

It's the fact at 23 he will have forced his way out of 3 clubs already to 'further his career'. Something about that irks me, especially as United were one of this teams.

He left United because he believed in his abilities, and proved himself right. Personally, I find that admirable.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭Crimson King

He left United because he believed in his abilities, and proved himself right. Personally, I find that admirable.

Ah fcuk it, no one will be happier than me if he signs. Jose reportedly wanted 4 definite players and this will compete the quartet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

To be fair each one was the right move for him personally at the time. Time will tell whether this was right move for him, but that's football these days - look at Ibra, doesn't stay anywhere too long and just wants to be the best he can be wherever he goes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

Fk the price, that is not the fans problem. He clearly is going to significantly improve the team so let them pay what they want.

You can say sure we can get two or three players for that, but we can only play 11 and the squd is built up nicely now.

A lot of the money will be due to the image rights a player like Pogba will bring. He will sell so many jerseys which is something in the interest of those funding the deal also

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭LeeJM

1171052.jpg

But I got some cool Pogs

Paul Pogs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

four years max, imo, is what United will get out of him, more than likely three of the five years he'll sign for.

A lot depends on who comes in after Mou.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

Lol, no he's not. He's Indy Kaila with a blue tick beside his name.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭Kankan14

Blatter wrote: »
    Lol, no he's not. He's Indy Kaila with a blue tick beside his name.

Did u read the tweet? I was taking the piss!He's doesn't mention Manchester even let alone united. Just landlords. I probably should have made it clearer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,621 ✭✭✭caviardreams

A real statement of intent if it goes through. Have to say, fair play to Woodward over the past 12 months - still think an equally important achievement as the new signings is (hopefully) getting De Gea to stay on. Big Dave has held the team together the past few seasons. Dread to think where we would have finished up in the league without him. He deserves to be playing with a team who are right up there challenging, which hopefully now will be the case.

Can't wait for August!

I dont think this is the end of our signings as I think Fabinho from Monca is next with players being shown the door i.e Rojo, Fellaini, Schweinstieger and sorry to say it possibly Mata with Wilson as good as gone on loan.

Fk the price, that is not the fans problem. He clearly is going to significantly improve the team so let them pay what they want.

You can say sure we can get two or three players for that, but we can only play 11 and the squd is built up nicely now.

A lot of the money will be due to the image rights a player like Pogba will bring. He will sell so many jerseys which is something in the interest of those funding the deal also

Hes also an Adidas ambassador whom may have had a part in the deal.

We will have spent near around £157 million on four players.

If the transfer budget is £200 million, there is still money to spend if Jose feels he need more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

Not gonna happen but I'd love to see Rooney stripped of the captaincy and it given to De Gea. One day maybe.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Not sure if it was posted before but MUTV is half price @ €3.50 on Sky with no contract so you can get it today and have it turned off in a month and get to see all the pre-season games live.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement