Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2016 - Mod Warning Post #6863

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

Duncan Castles saying deal will be done by weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,582 ✭✭✭NoviGlitzko

giphy.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

RobertKK wrote: »
    We will have spent near around £157 million on four players.

If the transfer budget is £200 million, there is still money to spend if Jose feels he need more.

Mou said, in his first press conference, that any more signings will be to replace players leaving.

It's an established idea that he likes to have about 2 players per position, so has he got that?

Who's likely to leave?

What positions does he need any more new players for?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Hmmmm, might be worth checking out 8:05 on this video with Robson and Paddy. Interesting exchange.

Robson on Rooney dropping deep during open play: "we need a midfield player who can time the run, get into the box, and make that extra attacker in the box"

Paddy: "we've got one like that now, haven't they?" (thought he was referring to Mkhitaryan)

Robson: "well..... it looks like it.... yeah" (tone of his voice implies a player not already at the club, ie: Pogba, check it out for yourselves).

They also go on a few mins later to discuss "United have been linked with Paul Pogba again, how big a signing would that be?"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

Not gonna happen but I'd love to see Rooney stripped of the captaincy and it given to De Gea. One day maybe.

meh, captaincy should always be outfield player, we have had some fine captains over the years : Keane, Neville, Bruce, Robson and of course Vidic. Rooney embraced it also but not on a par of those aformentioned. Cantona was influential and a hero but again not particularly as strong as others.

I'd nearly give it to Smalling.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Manutd_4life

He's one of our own, he's one of our oooowwn, Paul Pogba, he's just been on a loan!

RobertKK wrote: »
    We will have spent near around £157 million on four players.

If the transfer budget is £200 million, there is still money to spend if Jose feels he need more.

and there will be 2 or 3 departures also....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,652 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Im delighted for Allardyce.

Fair play to him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,597 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Duncan Castles saying deal will be done by weekend.

Link here for anyone who wants a read

https://twitter.com/DuncanCastles/status/755854314611085313?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

So spart from a few tweets nothing has actually happened. I'll wait until he is signed before I bother getting excited.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,217 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

If it does go through it may actually be a pretty boring August, so people will have that to complain about at least! :)

On a side note, sky are awful, I saw a headline saying Mata odds on to join Everton - got panicked, thought something had happened, not only was there nothing new but Mata wasn't even feckin odds on!

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

It's as good as.

#choochoo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,621 ✭✭✭caviardreams

On a side note, sky are awful, I saw a headline saying Mata odds on to join Everton - got panicked, thought something had happened, not only was there nothing new but Mata wasn't even feckin odds on!

But but but... he's on Mourinho's magic white board! It can't be :( #savemata #hugsforjuan

Surely Everton would have happened by now if it was going to happen?

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

The prodigal son Paul Pogba's coming home :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Isn't it fantastic that De Gea isn't even being discussed?

Never thought we would still have him for the coming season.

With Pogba in(yes I did say in) that's the four players signed. Any others will be to replace any outgoing players. I hope one or two of our CMs are moved on/leave and are replaced with better options. I'd say there's a small chance that one may be changed which would make me happy.

Perhaps a RB will be brought in? Varelas place in the squad may be under threat.

Also when Football manager 17 comes out one less position to worry about.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Also when Football manager 17 comes out one less position to worry about.

Know it sounds weird, but I'm disappointed from that point of view. Won't be as fun rebuilding United now Jose has :(

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Know it sounds weird, but I'm disappointed from that point of view. Won't be as fun rebuilding United now Jose has :(

I hear ya

Can spend it on getting Ronaldo back though ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,217 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

But but but... he's on Mourinho's magic white board! It can't be :( #savemata #hugsforjuan

Surely Everton would have happened by now if it was going to happen?

Em, dunno really. Don't want to sell Mata, but wouldn't say he is safe just yet!

I don't see a need to sell him looking at the squad and I doubt Mourinho does either as things stand so don't expect him to go anywhere but its silly season so anything can happen really.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• adox wrote: »
    Isn't it fantastic that De Gea isn't even being discussed?

Never thought we would still have him for the coming season.

With Pogba in(yes I did say in) that's the four players signed. Any others will be to replace any outgoing players. I hope one or two of our CMs are moved on/leave and are replaced with better options. I'd say there's a small chance that one may be changed which would make me happy.

Perhaps a RB will be brought in? Varelas place in the squad may be under threat.

De Gea for me was Jose first big task. Sounds like he's passed with flying colours.

*edit* Remember this :P

DmGguO7.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Utd getting business done.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

Football Italia just tweeted saying Real Madrid back in the race for pogba....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,559 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Unless United get an offer for Mata thats worthwhile I would hope to **** he aint sold.With the money floating around now they should be trying to get close to his fee back.

https://twitter.com/DiMarzio/status/755868531212873728

"Now on #calciomercato to @SkySport the @realmadrid Player @juventusfc called for @paulpogba but he promised himself to @ManUtd"

Madrid well and truly

giphy.gif

tumblr_n0xzzbqWty1ryj5t4o2_500.gif

19-people-share-the-most-savage-ways-theyve-been-rejected-4.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

I don't hear the fat lady singing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

bangkok wrote: »

It's would take you

#vile

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,843 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

He's one of our own, he's one of our oooowwn, Paul Pogba, he's just been on a loan!

V good

https://twitter.com/hashim0307/status/755868954569142272?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

It is far from over. How many times have players been supposedly close to United and end up somewhere else.

• Advertisement

astradave wrote: »

Roy Keane also made a promise to kenny dalglish to sign for Blackburn.... The rest is history.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Somebody has been on Redcafe.;)

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    De Gea for me was Jose first big task. Sounds like he's passed with flying colours.

dont think De Gea was going to leave either way. Doubt Mourinho was the deciding factor in persuading him but considering we have all known for months he was coming it probably meant de Geas mind was made up to stay long before end of season.

Noone was really expecting him to leave any how.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

#choochoo

Whooosssshhhhh goes the
    #positivityplane

• yhCJzdl.jpg

Roy Keane also made a promise to kenny dalglish to sign for Blackburn.... The rest is history.

I honestly think its just Juve trying to spook United into hurrying along and paying up. Juve release details of it to the big names in the media.. I suppose we will know by the end of the week anyways

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,366 ✭✭✭Robson99

v3ttel wrote: »
    Hmmmm, might be worth checking out 8:05 on this video with Robson and Paddy. Interesting exchange.

Robson on Rooney dropping deep during open play: "we need a midfield player who can time the run, get into the box, and make that extra attacker in the box"

Paddy: "we've got one like that now, haven't they?" (thought he was referring to Mkhitaryan)

Robson: "well..... it looks like it.... yeah" (tone of his voice implies a player not already at the club, ie: Pogba, check it out for yourselves).

They also go on a few mins later to discuss "United have been linked with Paul Pogba again, how big a signing would that be?"

Interesting take from Robbo on Valencia at the end

I honestly think its just Juve trying to spook United into hurrying along and paying up. Juve release details of it to the big names in the media.. I suppose we will know by the end of the week anyways

Hope so, pogba turns us into genuine title favourites if he signs and I would be disappointed if we didn't win/challenge for league this season

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

She's going through her warm up exercises.

I'll be amazed if he doesn't sign now.

In fact I'll take a month off from here if he signs for someone else or announces he's staying at Juve.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,426 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

adox wrote: »
    She's going through her warm up exercises.

I'll be amazed if he doesn't sign now.

In fact I'll take a month off from here if he signs for someone else or announces he's staying at Juve.

We all should

M!Ck^ wrote: »

*edit* Remember this :P

DmGguO7.jpg

One of the best days ever in this thread IMO, there was some absolute gold I remember laughing me hole off

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,755 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Can still get a 10% return with Skybet, Pogba 1/10 to join United.
    Surprised they have not yet suspended it like other bookies.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,755 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

One of the best days ever in this thread IMO, there was some absolute gold I remember laughing me hole off

From despair to farce and joy. I remember laughing a lot that night and in disbelief at what happened.

Tweet by Turin based journalist Breadioni Talkini: Pogba just seen getting on private jet

Tweet by Turin based journalist Breadioni Talkini: Pogba just seen getting on private jet

In Miami? He was still over there today anyways

Just realised that there should be no one in the world with a name like that :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Don't you dare toy with my emotions like this!!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,213 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

Isn't Pogba still in the US on holidays?

Not sure. That journalist is usually bang on the money though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

In Miami? He was still over there today anyways

Just realised that there should be no one in the world with a name like that :pac:
    MrMac84 wrote: »
    Don't you dare toy with my emotions like this!!

I feel sorry for you guys :D:D

Alright lads and ladies. I was out in the wilderness for a bit there. Any craic in the last week?

I got to see the goals from the Wigan game just there. Nice to see Mata get the assist for the first goal of Jose's tenure, even if it was really Jaaskelainen's assist in a nothing game.

Jose's first post-match interview as United manager...still all a bit surreal to me. Don't get me wrong, I'm happy to see him in there, but it appears that it's just going to take me a bit of time to get used to it.

POGBA!

og4brJ4.gif

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement