Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2016 - Mod Warning Post #6863

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,755 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

So according to Gazzetta dello Sport, the fee Raiola gets goes to both himself and Pogba.
    So nice payday in every way for Pogba.

Sunderland want David Moyes to replace Big Sam.

If Moyes goes there I wish him the best...along with Bruce's Hull.

• Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Delboy5

Delboy5 wrote: »

Would love Bonucci but it is hard to see Juve selling.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Delboy5 wrote: »

Oh my God that would be the funniest piece of business ever the neighours would go into meltdown. But I'd settle for pogba thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

See a plane from Turin to Madrid

Tweet by Turin based journalist Breadioni Talkini: Pogba just seen getting on private jet

Is that journo related to sam aladici

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

Not only does The Talking Bread come in here and lie to me, he makes me hungry at the same time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

Is that journo related to sam aladici

No but he is a cousin of Michelli Jaguardo

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

Tweet by Turin based journalist Breadioni Talkini: Pogba just seen getting on private jet

How does this guy know my whereabouts

This is supposed to be private

Jayo is the plane fuelled up

MarsBar and CookieDough best smiles and ready for cross check...

And we're off...

See you all in Manchester

Secret agent Brinty's got this one covered

#positivityplane

I put a small amount on money United to win the league, went each way as it would mean I would nothing if Moyes returned with Sunderland and won the league and we came second.

English Premier League Premier League Outright Betting 2016-2017
    08-08-2016 23:00
    Outright Betting
    Each Way Odds: 1/3 places 1,2
    Man Utd @ 3/1

Single: Man Utd @ 3/1
    2 lines at €10.00 per line
    Total stake for this bet: €20.00
    Potential returns: €60.00

Henrikh Mkhitaryan is going to be our player of the season...

Robert
    Hope you covered that bet with €100 quid on the cats for Liam...

brinty wrote: »
    Robert
    Hope you covered that bet with €100 quid on the cats for Liam...

Oh PP gave a freebet of €20, maybe because it is so long since I placed a bet.
    United 3/1, Kilkenny 5/4 double, lol at Tipperary 6/4 - sorry (I am not sorry) to anyone from Tipperary :p but couldn't let that go and hopefully it doesn't come back to bite.
    Will do a €10 each way freebet double, returns €96.25.

Wish I had thought of that earlier, thanks brinty for the reminder. All going well both will be top two at the very least, hopefully both are champions...

L'Equipe have a headline on their newspaper for Thursday: The transfer of the Century.

https://twitter.com/Sport_Witness/status/755897903324037121

L'Equipe follow on from their earlier report that Paul Pogba to Man United is agreed. The transfer of the century.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

Some of you guys should know better. All this hype for something that might go on another few weeks. It also might never happen. Tweets with guesstimate deadlines will send you's loopy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

RobertKK wrote: »
    Oh PP gave a freebet of €20, maybe because it is so long since I placed a bet.
    United 3/1, Kilkenny 5/4 double, lol at Tipperary 6/4 - sorry (I am not sorry) to anyone from Tipperary :p but couldn't let that go and hopefully it doesn't come back to bite.
    Will do a €10 each way freebet double, returns €96.25.

Wish I had thought of that earlier, thanks brinty for the reminder. All going well both will be top two at the very least, hopefully both are champions...

Don't jinx it....we haven't faced them in the championship since JJ retired...it's going to be seriously close this year.
    astradave wrote: »

This actually makes me think it won't happen. Castle's really seems to have a problem with United and is constantly on the wind up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Castles is an ABU but he has very good contacts with Jose.normally I would call anything he says BS but when it comes to Jose he is usually on the money.

ESPN also saying we asked Juve about Bonucci,it would be gas if we got him and Pogba.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,976 ✭✭✭billyhead

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,830 ✭✭✭Cookie_Dough

How does this guy know my whereabouts

This is supposed to be private

Jayo is the plane fuelled up

MarsBar and CookieDough best smiles and ready for cross check...

And we're off...

See you all in Manchester

Secret agent Brinty's got this one covered

#positivityplane

Please fasten your seat belt when the fasten seat belt sign is on, we suggest you keep your seat belt fastened for the duration of the flight as we may experience some turbulence...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭TheDoctor

We just lost the positivity plane.

Love that enthusiasm CookieDough
    Just to update you all we're approaching Manchester and pogba looks very happy in a red ensemble

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Love that enthusiasm CookieDough
    Just to update you all were approaching Manchester and pogba looms very happy in a red ensemble

Is Mick at the airport with the positivity tractor? To ferry Pogba to Carrington :D

Is Mick at the airport with the positivity tractor? To ferry Pogba to Carrington

Mick is ready with the tractor on the runway
    Kew has the train for high speed delivery of pogba from airport to Carrington
    #choochoo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,233 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

What are bangkoks Turin contacts saying? Is it pogbON?

#ITK

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

zerks wrote: »
    Castles is an ABU but he has very good contacts with Jose.normally I would call anything he says BS but when it comes to Jose he is usually on the money.

Castles was a grade A troll, and seemed to make up stories with the sole intention to wind up United fans.

However, since Jose signed, there's been a massive change in rhetoric for him; he's just reporting straight up news, usually positive. If anything, since Jose signed, he seems to have become one of the more credible United journalists (obviously due to that link with Jose).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,870 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Press conference live now on MUTV... Jose being asked about Pogba, being very coy. 'Cannot confirm or deny'. Goes on to praise the work of Woodward and the board in getting in 3 of the 4 players he asked for and confident they will finish the job.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭TheDoctor

Woodward..... confident..... finish the job

What sorcery is this?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

Strumms wrote: »
    Press conference live now on MUTV... Jose being asked about Pogba, being very coy. 'Cannot confirm or deny'. Goes on to praise the work of Woodward and the board in getting in 3 of the 4 players he asked for and confident they will finish the job.

YQk8nXloVftzW.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,850 ✭✭✭Julez

Adamocovic wrote: »
    YQk8nXloVftzW.gif

Where does this gif begin and end?! :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,870 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

MUTV also now going to broadcast the training session live now in minute or two...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,597 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Julez wrote: »

A perfect gif.. my favourite thing on the interweb

Julez wrote: »

You have entered the perfect loop

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

astradave wrote: »
    A perfect gif.. my favourite thing on the interweb

You'll love this then
    https://www.reddit.com/r/perfectloops/

The players seem to be enjoying themselves in training anyway :P

13662151_10153901566692746_6368652559999293052_o.jpg

13769343_10153901583757746_1811509300572602653_n.jpg?oh=e2ead2e6a6e707e31aa06ec1a8fbf0bc&oe=582DCD75

13730902_10153901566767746_430056974129239291_o.jpg

13724862_10153901567732746_2171660453697935555_o.jpg

Also Di Maria is back but is trying out in goals :L

13770256_10153901566727746_6668004247192750970_n.jpg?oh=b8252ff4a0ff3545e8052ec05135afff&oe=57EA4CB4

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,597 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Lucas Hood wrote: »

Already bookmarked ;)

Pogba might not be the last signing,when asked about him he said he was happy with the board going for the players he wanted,4 and maybe 5. The fifth is possibly Fabinho as we have been linked heavily with him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

Strumms wrote: »

Thanks for the update. I honestly think woodward has an easier job convincing players to join a Mourinho team rather than a Moyes/LVG team.

I hope the Pogba deal falls through, Personally I think we can do better.

Thanks for the update. I honestly think woodward has an easier job convincing players to join a Mourinho team rather than a Moyes/LVG team.

Well we missed out on The Welsh Xavi,hes joining Stoke. Pogba may do.

• Advertisement

Really nice to see the training session live.

zerks wrote: »
    Well we missed out on The Welsh Xavi,hes joining Stoke. Pogba may do.

Ah look if Pogba signs he will be a fantastic signing, its just my opinion that for 120 million we could potentially get 3 signings that would set us up better.

Ah look if Pogba signs he will be a fantastic signing, its just my opinion that for 120 million we could potentially get 3 signings that would set us up better.

Go ahead
    Name these three players
    The clubs we'll be buying from
    Their availability and wage demands etc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,377 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Who would you be looking at instead of Pogba - that we could get?

If Pogba went to Madrid it could be possible to get Kroos. Veratti? Matuidi? Curious as to whom you think is a better bet than Pogba (or is value for money playing a big(ish) role in your thought process?)

Genuinely curious as to whom you think is better/available - though available is a poor concept when you can/are offering 100million for a player.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,377 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Considering we have brought in Ibrahimovic on big money, signed a very expensive young CB in Baily and spent big enough money on Mkhtaryan - while Mourinho teases a possible 5th signing (after Pogba, for the sake of arguement we sign him) there is no evidence that Pogba signing would be at the expense of signing other players that could set us up better. It does feel that Jose is being given the players he wants, rather than budgeting to get a couple of cheap players in to fit in a superstar, like in Fantasy Football.

David moyes era: he won't attract top class players

Lvg era: he won't attract too class players

Jose era: we can sign top class players but it be better to buy 3 lesser players.

• Advertisement

I see Bangkok s favourite CM is on his way back to Dortmund
    Or was it Reus he was talking about

I see Bangkok s favourite CM is on his way back to Dortmund
    Or was it Reus he was talking about

Fellaini was never a Dortmund player??????

Yeh Reus is a central midfielder.

Go ahead
    Name these three players
    The clubs we'll be buying from
    Their availability and wage demands etc
    Who would you be looking at instead of Pogba - that we could get?

If Pogba went to Madrid it could be possible to get Kroos. Veratti? Matuidi? Curious as to whom you think is a better bet than Pogba (or is value for money playing a big(ish) role in your thought process?)

Genuinely curious as to whom you think is better/available - though available is a poor concept when you can/are offering 100million for a player.

Sure, no problem I'll engage, rightly or wrongly its what I believe.

The reports are that Madrid can't afford/won't pay 120 million. I'd be happy to spend 60 of the 120 million on Kroos (if he's available) and let them buy Pogba...bear with me.

Every single report I've seen would have Pogba as the most advanced midfielder, but as we are most likely going to be playing a 4-2-3-1 where does he fit into that 3 when we've already bought Mikhitaryan who's likely going to play the 10 role, with Rooney perhaps alternating.

Everything I seen last year stemmed from a lack of creativity in the final 3rd, I don't think Pogba will give us that, I do believe that Toni Kroos feeding Mikhitaryan will.

Morgan Schneiderlin was one of if not the best midfielder in the premier league for a couple of seasons before joining United. LVG stunted his development and completely nullified the player he was, he was afraid to play, as was most of the team. I really think he will be a fantastic player this season. Hes strong, hes athletic and he covers ground well, hes a mourhino type of player. him and Kroos as a pairing with Herrera/Fellani as options is a strong midfield. I do think Bastian will leave.

The next player I would go for is Marhez, he's said he wants to leave, and if you look at the money that they let Kante go for it's not within reason to say he could be gotten for 30/40 million.

I believe that a team with Martial / Marhez on the left and right with Mikhitaryan / Rooney being fed by Kroos would be a far more creative team than the alternative of putting Pogba in there. I also think it would be far more balanced. Then you have the likes of Young/Depay or even Rashford if needed

As for the 3rd player, honestly I hold my hands up and say I've not thought about it too much but I'm sure we could pick up a good squad player that could cover a couple of position. God knows with our recent injuries we could do with one.

Again, I'm probably completely wrong, and I'm sure if Mourhino wants Pogba he has a plan and I'm sure it will work out, its just my feeling on it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

What are bangkoks Turin contacts saying? Is it pogbON?

#ITK

He has moved onto Dubai.... But yes, pogba is definitely on!!

jayo26 wrote: »
    David moyes era: he won't attract top class players

Lvg era: he won't attract too class players

Jose era: we can sign top class players but it be better to buy 3 lesser players.

Well thats subjective regarding the quality. The players I've listed are different to Pogba, but I've given my reasons as to why I feel signing them would give us more balance.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement