Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2016 - Mod Warning Post #6863

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭WarZ

RobertKK wrote: »
    His father is quoted as saying he wants to play in a better league, and Real Madrid don't wantt o pay, while United are reported to do what it takes.

Well then hes moving for sponsorship money that comes with playing in a much more watched league.

I don't know how I would feel as a Utd supporter about Pogba coming. Although I suppose in football these days 90% of players are joining clubs purely for money. Difference is Pogba actively dislikes the club itself, or at least he did in the past.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Am I missing something but where did rooney actively push for giggs to be next manger? I'd say the likes of Scholes have yeah but haven't seen it from the players apart from been asked stuff from press.

If a player gets asked a question from the press of course he said gonna give a generic answer it's the same with giggs been asked how does he find working with lvg.

From the outside looking in both rooney and jose had wanted to work together for years and in my opinion if jose can get rooney playing to his ability he will be a great asset to the team and if he can't and he plays dirt well jose won't be afraid to drop him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Tempted still back him to go to Madrid

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,640 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

bookies odds for players mean **** all.

A famous one a while back involved Ribery to pool, oh how I laughed.

They mean **** all at the end of day

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,343 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

WarZ wrote: »
    Must be huge money involved. Pogba has repeatedly stated his dislike for the club (although he likes the city)

Well that's just not true.

• Advertisement

Difference is Pogba actively dislikes the club itself, or at least he did in the past.

Dont know about that now. Again can be taken with a pinch of salt but he has come out and said he loved the club in the past.

Well that's just not true.

WarZ actively talks nonsense.

jayo26 wrote: »

I think you're being kind

• Registered Users Posts: 33,754 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Well then hes moving for sponsorship money that comes with playing in a much more watched league.

I don't know how I would feel as a Utd supporter about Pogba coming. Although I suppose in football these days 90% of players are joining clubs purely for money. Difference is Pogba actively dislikes the club itself, or at least he did in the past.

He said in January 2015 he loves United.

"I'm impatient, it was the feeling I had. The coach had faith in me, but didn't put me on. He said that I was too young.
    "He said 'your time will come', but it never did. It didn't come. But it does not mean I will speak ill of Manchester United. I love the club."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Must be huge money involved. Pogba has repeatedly stated his dislike for the club (although he likes the city)

Can I get a few sources for his dislike of the club??? Please not some goal.com article

• Advertisement

Tempted still back him to go to Madrid

Lump it! They'll find a way! Allways do!

L'equipe say Pogba always intended on returning to United at some stage of his career.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭Flint Fredstone

It's best to just move on from people that come in and bang the same drum every so often.

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Lump it! They'll find a way! Allways do!

Perez doesn't want him. Zidane does.

Madrid are unable to compete with what United are offering.

jayo26 wrote: »

Ask him about juventus :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

Pogba has never said he dislikes the club.

He has said that he felt let down that he did not play more.

Jaysus no they are bigger club then United because they are more successful over the past 3 years and have come runner up in champions league more then us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,460 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

Ask him about Ido Portal...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,215 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

This is one of the least believable lies I've seen today, on the day of Zlatan you should be ashamed.

Shame, shame, shame.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

City to bid £50 million for Stones according to Matt Law (Telegraph),by that reckoning and The Guardians redacted tweet of £65 million for Pogba,I know which one I'd rather spend a bucket of cash on.

200.gif

• Advertisement

I think the question is whether you want a player who has previously spoken ill of your club at your club.

I think Pogba should go to the likes of Madrid or maybe even Bayern Munich.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Julez

I think the question is whether you want a player who has previously spoken ill of your club at your club.

Except he hasn't.

Pogba speaking ill of United:
    "I'm impatient, it was the feeling I had. The coach had faith in me, but didn't put me on. He said that I was too young.
    "He said 'your time will come', but it never did. It didn't come. But it does not mean I will speak ill of Manchester United. I love the club."

You think he should go elsewhere, but does he love those clubs?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,558 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

but up a few links there like a good lad or STFU.

Julez wrote: »
    Except he hasn't.

Interesting comment from his mother recently:

"Manchester punished him, they didn’t play him, Paul was alone. He even cried in Ferguson’s office over the way he was treated."

Also some disparaging comments from Pogba on Man United's work ethic;

'There is a different culture of work compared to elsewhere. I was at Manchester and it seemed like being on holiday.

'Here we work so much. All these titles, we didn't steal them. It was by working right to the end.'

Look believe what you want but there is no love lost for Manchester United. If he comes it aint for the love of the club (which is normal in modern football these days anyway before anyone jumps down my throat)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

200.gif

Please see quotes above. Now I must bow out of this topic before an over zealous mod accuses me of trolling for posting a simple opinion that upsets fans in this thread.

Please see quotes above. Now I must bow out of this topic before an over zealous mod accuses me of trolling for posting a simple opinion that upsets fans in this thread.

How will you feel if he joins United?

Whether it is here, or in the MMA forum, nobody is buying your brand of bull**** I'm afraid. This one was a loser before it even began, in the words of David Cameron. " For heaven's sake man, go!"

In this case it is meant as, let it go. You have nothing to work with here, nothing.

Go back to talking about how great Ido Portal is, that is kinda funny at this point.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,071 ✭✭✭user2011

A great manager makes a mistake and said player speaks out about it???

What's the fuss..

Just because it's war saying it doesn't make it not true, near every United fan who watched him in under 21's would of thought the kid deserved time in 1st team, manager didn't, player leaves and becomes best(one of) in his position, why not try and re-sign him..

And fcuk juve/Bayern/madrid/Barca we're man United 😋

user2011 wrote: »
    A great manager makes a mistake and said player speaks out about it???

What's the fuss..

Just because it's war saying it doesn't make it not true, near every United fan who watched him in under 21's would of thought the kid deserved time in 1st team, manager didn't, player leaves and becomes best(one of) in his position, why not try and re-sign him..

And fcuk juve/Bayern/madrid/Barca we're man United 😋

Well, War saying Pogba has repeatedly spoken of his dislike for the club is a lie. That is the thing that makes it not true, more so then the identity of the poster I suppose.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,071 ✭✭✭user2011

Well, War saying Pogba has repeatedly spoken of his dislike for the club is a lie. That is the thing that makes it not true, more so then the identity of the poster I suppose.

Bollox, missed the key word (repeatedly) !! Hmm can the post and the quoted quoted post be deleted lol

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

user2011 wrote: »
    Bollox, missed the key word (repeatedly) !! Hmm can the post and the quoted quoted post be deleted lol

And Pogba never spoke bad about the club. He said he was impatient and Fergie didn't give him chances and also he likes the club.

So Warz or whatever his name is, is just talking out of his arse as usual.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

Sometimes mods do get it right.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭Royal Irish

When you bow back in and post again bring some links to these quotes with you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,886 ✭✭✭stephenl15

Don't understand why Perez doesn't want Pogba. He's the typical Galactico signing that Perez lives for and they attempt to sign one each season.

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭Lukekul

30a.jpeg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

I don't think any footballer would really hold a grudge against 'a club'.

The only thing the same about the club since Pogba left is the stadium and the fans.

If he wants to leave Juve and it makes sense from a football and financial point of view, then you can't imagine he'd decline because Fergie didn't display enough faith in him.

It does seem like a makey-uppy story though.

Biggest club in the world + hottest property in the world = clicks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,508 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Never heard that before, could you throw up links to the different quotes please?

Cheers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Ah....um....he said them in....er....Italian! Yeah thats it! You wouldnt understand the quotes. Thats why he hasnt posted a link!

:p

• Advertisement

http://sportwitness.co.uk/relative-says-man-united-agreed-sign-20-year-old-done/
    United’s interest in the 20 year old Pachuca winger has been reported for a few months, mostly by the Portuguese press, as the player was also being followed by Porto.

Never heard that before, could you throw up links to the different quotes please?

Cheers
    The French midfielder accused his former club of 'disrespect', claiming he was made to train alone

'They left me out because they said I wanted to leave. That is disrespect,' Pogba told BBC World Football Focus.

Comments by Pirlo hinting at his dislike:
    "I can’t see that he (Pogba) will ever return to Manchester United."

Comments by Allegri hinting that if he moves it will be solely for money:
    "Everything in life has a price, unfortunately. I don’t think it is a problem we need to consider right now," Allegri said

Now that I have provided quotes from Pogba himself, his own mother, his team mates and his manager I am going to respect the mods and bow out again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭Polo_Mint

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Manutd_4life

So we've acquired a CB ( Bailly), a Winger/No.10 (Mickey Ryan) and a Striker (Ibra).

Talks are we are looking for one more central midfield player. The obvious target seems to be Pogba but if we were to miss out on him (likely) who do u think Jose has his eyes on.

I hope we are looking for more young unheard talent like Martial. A bit bummed out on missing out on Renato Sanches but ah well.

Now that I have provided quotes from Pogba himself, his own mother, his team mates and his manager I am going to respect the mods and bow out again.

The problem is your credibility towards United, you posted in the Liverpool thread that you believe they will go all the way next season.
    You constantly dismiss United.
    Maybe you have an irrational hate of United.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,594 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

At this rate I wouldn't mind a Fellaini debate!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Sooooo

Where is the link to the original quotes....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,928 ✭✭✭dubmick

Good to see an Irish lad join United, Lee O'Connor who is Ireland u16's captain has joined the academy squad. He's from Waterford.

astradave wrote: »
    At this rate I wouldn't mind a Fellaini debate!

Should never of sold Welwick.....

#Worldclass #bangkokisvile #bangkokworksforsky

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,508 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Thanks for that.

The single quote from Pogba references disrespect, hardly evidence of repeatedly stating his dislike to the club.

The two other references (imo ) do not indicate dislike.

Anyway three quotes ( two secondhand ) would not be evidence of repeatedly stating.

Unsure why the mods are referenced however if you want to PM with the repeated quotes from the player himself thati s no bother. ..likewise if you want to leave things no bother at all.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement