Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2016 - Mod Warning Post #6863

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

How is this one gonna work out?

They finish third in group, we get through to knockouts in Europa and then play them there :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭recyclops

TheDoctor wrote: »
    Afraid we'll smash them in Europe this year!

unsure if sarcasm :confused::confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭MuPpItJoCkEy

Adamocovic wrote: »
    They finish third in group, we get through to knockouts in Europa and then play them there :P

It's certainly clutching at straws but possible. If it did happen, it'd be some match haha. Would love to know what kind of group would see Madrid finish third though.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,755 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

I saw that they had a code red for the weather in Hebei province in China, and the floods are already in top 5 most costly weather event in world history.

Hope the match goes ahead.

It's certainly clutching at straws but possible. If it did happen, it'd be some match haha. Would love to know what kind of group would see Madrid finish third though.

Haha yeah, I was only messing. Zidane wouldn't last long there if they didn't get through any group theyll be drawn in!

Also I think we have contender for worst article of the day :P

Headline: Shaw on the Move

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/premierleague/1477333/luke-shaws-mansion-in-cheshire-up-for-sale-for-2-6million-sparking-rumours-he-could-leave-manchester-united-this-summer/

Just because his house is up for sale :P

despite the fact he was at the press conference today and Mourinho a little while ago saying "I was expecting him to start the pre-season with some limitations - a little bit of weight and less sharpness. But the physical point of view is good and more than that, the mental point of view is good. The kid was great in the summer. He worked every day at the training ground to try to be ready for this."

Of course it's from The Sun. Football journalism at it's best :pac:

• Advertisement

Usain Bolt is very happy with Jose as manager, says he is confident Jose will give him a chance to play for United.

I know he is joking but it would be fun...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,377 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

RobertKK wrote: »
    Usain Bolt is very happy with Jose as manager, says he is confident Jose will give him a chance to play for United.

I know he is joking but it would be fun...

He is nailed on to play in a testimonial at some point - obviously not Rooney's but when he stops sprinting and starts doing PR to make his money after, I can see him trotting out for United a few times - maybe even in a more general pre-season friendly. Being a Puma guy though, it could hinder such things.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭TheDoctor

Leicester Citys group

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,377 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Leicester Citys group

Pfft, they can't be in Leicesters group.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,597 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Rooney nutmegged twice in 5 seconds in training :pac:

https://twitter.com/DiscoMirror/status/756101446685200384

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭Polo_Mint

I saw that they had a code red for the weather in Hebei province in China, and the floods are already in top 5 most costly weather event in world history.

Hope the match goes ahead.

Sure it will be grand

vx7H3z.gif

Cant wait to see his face when he sees that.

Love the "P.Jones" just incase anyone got confused :pac:

phil-jones-and-oiivier-giroud.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

He is nailed on to play in a testimonial at some point - obviously not Rooney's but when he stops sprinting and starts doing PR to make his money after, I can see him trotting out for United a few times - maybe even in a more general pre-season friendly. Being a Puma guy though, it could hinder such things.

He's a fun ambassador for the club already, wouldn't be surprised to see united sign him up as an official one after he stops athletics (if they can, as I know he wasn't a player?)

His profile world wide would obviously aid united.

astradave wrote: »
    Rooney nutmegged twice in 5 seconds in training :pac:

https://twitter.com/DiscoMirror/status/756101446685200384

Haha Love Memphis first reaction.

From photos and videos the atmosphere in the team seems to be brilliant at the moment.

https://twitter.com/Sport_Witness/status/756121918156206080

El Confidencial - Woodward told Mendes on Monday: Expect €65m Man United bid for James Rodriguez. http://sportwitness.co.uk/woodward-tells-mendes-expect-e65m-man-united-bid-client/ … Hmm.

The paper says:
    ‘On Monday, at the office of Ed Woodward, general manager of Manchester United, there was an important meeting between the executive and Jorge Mendes. Mendes, among others, represents Jose Mourinho and David de Gea, but also James Rodriguez. The Red club was interested in hiring the services of Colombian ’10’ and announced that soon they will forward to Real Madrid an initial offer of 65 million euros.’

El Confidential doesn't expect Real Madrid to sell Rodriguez given the club might be facing a transfer ban.

Has SSN on in the background at lunch today and the interview where LVG takes out the stats following being accused of playing too many long balls was on.

Cringe, so much cringe!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

https://twitter.com/Sport_Witness/status/756121918156206080

El Confidencial - Woodward told Mendes on Monday: Expect €65m Man United bid for James Rodriguez. http://sportwitness.co.uk/woodward-tells-mendes-expect-e65m-man-united-bid-client/ … Hmm.

The paper says:
    ‘On Monday, at the office of Ed Woodward, general manager of Manchester United, there was an important meeting between the executive and Jorge Mendes. Mendes, among others, represents Jose Mourinho and David de Gea, but also James Rodriguez. The Red club was interested in hiring the services of Colombian ’10’ and announced that soon they will forward to Real Madrid an initial offer of 65 million euros.’

El Confidential doesn't expect Real Madrid to sell Rodriguez given the club might be facing a transfer ban.

Would actually be disappointed if we didn't get pogba and ended up signing James.

If we signing him pogba going to Madrid

Has SSN on in the background at lunch today and the interview where LVG takes out the stats following being accused of playing too many long balls was on.

Did someone mention cringe?

• Advertisement

The last 3 years have been cringe unfortunately. Few good results and then undone the following week was usually the case. A glimmer of hope and quickly extinguished. More so the last 3 years ass the Moyes era there wasn't even a glimmer of anything. Hopefully times are a changing!

bangkok wrote: »
    Would actually be disappointed if we didn't get pogba and ended up signing James.

If we signing him pogba going to Madrid

Don't want James at all!

Love the "P.Jones" just incase anyone got confused :pac:

phil-jones-and-oiivier-giroud.jpg

Our Phil has Vidician qualities, that tackle above proves it, but unfortunately he also has too many similarities to the Samuel L. Jackson character from the movie Unbreakable.

Make or break season coming up for him at the club I feel. Hope he cracks on.

stankratz wrote: »
    Our Phil has Vidician qualities, that tackle above proves it, but unfortunately he also has too many similarities to the Samuel L. Jackson character from the movie Unbreakable.

Make or break season coming up for him at the club I feel. Hope he cracks on.

I hope so too. Big fan of his and Smalling. For Smalling it wasn't that long ago a lot of fans wanted him sold and then he came out all guns blazing. I'm really hoping Jones stays injury free and starts putting in some great performances this season when given the chance.

There is no more beautiful sight in football than Jones in full flight running smack bang into another player.

Did someone mention cringe?

Cringe? That's actually gas and was for charity. Smithhhhhhhhy

There is no more beautiful sight in football than Jones in full flight running smack bang into another player.

Or when he steps back and effortlessly sends in a perfect corner kick :P

Cringe? That's actually gas and was for charity. Smithhhhhhhhy

I love Smithy but if Johnny Evans, Fletch and Carrick strutting out those dance moves didn't make you cringe at all youre stronger than me :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

I love Smithy but if Johnny Evans, Fletch and Carrick strutting out those dance moves didn't make you cringe at all youre stronger than me :P

Haha loved that was brilliant :)

• Advertisement

Ariedo Braida, a director at Barcelona has come out and said Barcelona couldn't afford Pogba.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,213 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

Ariedo Braida, a director at Barcelona has come out and said Barcelona couldn't afford Pogba.

Barca can't afford any big signings right now. They're more interested in finding the money to pay for Messi, Neymar and Suarez' new contracts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭Claude Burgundy

Barca can't afford any big signings right now. They're more interested in finding the money to pay for Messi, Neymar and Suarez' new contracts.

And the stadium.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,652 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

If the deal goes through it will bloody great to see utd finally flexing their financial muscle

Headshot wrote: »
    If the deal goes through it will bloody great to see utd finally flexing their financial muscle

It should have been done years ago. I always thought that when United sold Ronaldo and Fergie didn't spend, he was keeping it there for the next manager to rebuild. Just didn't particularly happen that way until LVG and by then, things were a lot worse.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭Vertigo100

Provisional Squad numbers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭roosterman71

Unless I'm too tired and my eyes aren't working, no Wilson pretty much confirms what we are all thinking and he's either leaving permanently or a loan deal is in the works.

I would think it's a shame if he left for good, had such expectations for him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Martial 11 I love it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

Po6ba?

Flexing?? They have been doing the aul flexing and crunches the last 2 Summers. €120m will be like them doing the full Hulk Hogan parade with Mean Gene...

vcthvp6.gif

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Pogba to wear 6 so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭wiz569

No number 2 either????

They took 9 away from martial :(

You make it sound like were not one of the top 3 spenders of the last 5 years :P

haha I know you mean in regards to our income. I'd say the commercial deals in the last two seasons have helped finance this window a lot. I heard something like 200million being available for Mourinho at the start of the window.

They took 9 away from martial :(

But gave him the glorious 11

.....took that away from Januzaj though haha

• Registered Users Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭ElChe32

So glad Adnan lost the 11 shirt :D

32 players listed as well, that squad is definitely getting cut

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,597 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Like the way Martial to number 11 as he will be playing out wide and number 9 is Ibra.. Hopefully Januzaj losing 11 will have him buckle down and work harder to prove his worth

Ordering my Pogba 6 right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭Lukekul

32 players listed as well, that squad is definitely getting cut

Just taking a glance I reckon 9 of those players are under 21

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement