Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2016 - Mod Warning Post #6863

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭Pickpocket

astradave wrote: »
    I think it's a lose/lose situation for him, he will be damned if he does and damned if he doesn't.. either way he is going to piss of some fans..

Well he'll certainly piss off Chelsea fans by behaving like that. But any Man U fan that gets annoyed by Mourinho signing a Chelsea jersey needs to take a long hard look at themselves.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

MrMac84 wrote: »

So that's 2 players Real have been beaten to, oh someone's head's are gonna roll when Senor Perez gets wind of it...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

20160721_224655.png[/url]

Zlatan chose nine haha

https://www.instagram.com/p/BIIjsNLAgpf/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,597 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Nice interview on the BBC with Jose, talks about Rooney, Mata and hints about Pogba.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/36857733

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

jayo26 wrote: »
    20160721_224655.png[/url]

Zlatan chose nine haha

https://www.instagram.com/p/BIIjsNLAgpf/

He chose. Lol. Classic Zlatan.

FutureGuy wrote: »
    He chose. Lol. Classic Zlatan.

Yep I laughed when I seen it ha.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

Real are going to be PISSED!!

Perhaps they pulled out to concentrate on Pogba? Wouldn't be suprised.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

If I could sum up Unied under Jose.

Ruthless calm.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,559 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Jose should have wiped his arse with that jersey and then spat in that kids face.I would expect a few of the security staff to lose their jobs over the incident,letting an undesirable get so close to the manager.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

Perhaps they pulled out to concentrate on Pogba? Wouldn't be suprised.

That's my worry, they lost out to barca and will do all they can to try and steal pogba

Hococop wrote: »
    That's my worry, they lost out to barca and will do all they can to try and steal pogba

But I'd be delighted if that did happen it would save us the job of signing another di Maria.

There is no point in United signing pogba if he would have his head turned that easy by madrid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,597 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Marca are reporting the reason they didn't go for Gomes in the end is because James doesn't want to leave and they were lining him up as a squad replacement

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

astradave wrote:
    Anyways, DiMarzio is reporting that Raiola is on a flight to Miami to see Pogba..

He's on a flight to Manchester
    I just picked him up
    MarsBar and CookieDough are doing their thing
    Jayo is flying the plane
    Mick has the tractor ready and kew has the train warmed up

brinty wrote: »
    I just picked him up
    Jayo is flying the plane

Brinty grow up I'm getting so tired of your childish behaviour....

I just picked him up
    Jayo is flying the plane

What about cheerleaders for the unveiling at Old Trafford??

astradave wrote:
    Please ensure Jordan henderson and Adam Lallana have bedrooms next to each other...

They'll be needing plenty of Nivea
    Wink wink 😂

jayo26 wrote:
    Brinty grow up I'm getting so tired of your childish behaviour....

I can get someone else to fly the plane you know
    Back in your cockpit you...

Lithium93_ wrote:

Kate
    Rachel
    Anna
    Hayley
    Scarlett
    And Jennifer are all ready and waiting...
    Pompoms at the ready

Any other requests...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,830 ✭✭✭Cookie_Dough

Lithium93_ wrote: »

Are you offering? :D

Kate
    Rachel
    Anna
    Hayley
    Scarlett
    And Jennifer are all ready and waiting...
    Pompoms at the ready

Any other requests...

Pyro, lots of pyro,
    Are you offering? :D

Nope

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,830 ✭✭✭Cookie_Dough

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Pyro, lots of pyro,

Nope

I'm disappointed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Wheres the best place for United news etc without all the cringey bull****?

Even red devils sub reddit there all to busy **** each other off.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,672 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

astradave wrote: »
    All i see here are excuses excuses excuses :P

I don't do excuses,I do results.....Kids asleep,email kinda fixed,phone-it'll do.:)

https://twitter.com/GFFN/status/756252762409734145

Wheres the best place for United news etc without all the cringey bull****?

Even red devils sub reddit there all to busy **** each other off.

What is wrong with here?
    Anything with a link to sportswitness is good,they filter out what is bs or not and give their take on it.

zerks wrote: »
    What is wrong with here?
    Anything with a link to sportswitness is good,they filter out what is bs or not and give their take on it.

I think he is trying to say brinty is cringey :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

zerks wrote: »
    What is wrong with here?

You have to wade threw so much ****e on here trying to find posts with actual content or something worth reading.

• Advertisement

You have to wade threw so much ****e on here trying to find posts with actual content or something worth reading.

Do like I do,give Jose a buzz.

36770EC500000578-3702001-image-a-52_1469128570959.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,870 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

FutureGuy wrote: »
    If I could sum up Unied under Jose.

Ruthless calm.

Totally...

I had a day off today and spent a while watching MUTV from the press conference, a bit of the training and later the last season in review. For the first time ever I had to turn it off, the season in review that is. Not only the football, the attitude and the mentality and way of playing that was forced on the players but the BS excuses given by LVG for every failure and the lack of ambition in interviews was puke worthy.

This is different now.. this is like going from a ****in Cessna to the Starship Enterprise in terms of attitude, ambition and belief... Can't wait for the season proper to start now...

jayo26 wrote:
    I think he is trying to say brinty is cringey

How dare he
    Bloody ground crew
    Always acting up and going on strike

How dare he
    Bloody ground crew
    Always acting up and going on strike

Haha pal give the bein sports girls a call they will fill the gap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭Flint Fredstone

I'd love to know who the other targets are if Pogba doesn't happen. While he would be a serious addition to the team, personally, I'd prefer a Veratti or Kroos to be honest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭irishchris

I'd love to know who the other targets are if Pogba doesn't happen. While he would be a serious addition to the team, personally, I'd prefer a Veratti or Kroos to be honest.

I would imagine matuidi would be one, would like to know the other one too though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,217 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

irishchris wrote: »
    I would imagine matuidi would be one

It would appear so, but they are not similar at all which would lead you to question if there is a profile identified, or simply a name?

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭CantonasCollar

Is anyone else being forced to take a half day off work to watch the match?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

Surely you could hold off a few hours and save a half day of your holidays to watch a pre season friendly!!

Surely you could hold off a few hours and save a half day of your holidays to watch a pre season friendly!!

He probably could but if he wanted to take a half day why not. He is not the only one that loves watching the press season games I work my to do list around them too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭Brendan Flowers

jayo26 wrote: »
    I think he is trying to say brinty is cringey :)

I have thought this thread has become more more "clicky" recently. I like to follow this forum but I dont really contribute that often as I think most discussions get taken over by the same groups and us "nobodies" (:P) tend to get left behind.

People have their "things" here. Whether it's a running gag, a strange obsession with a player, or certain members who no matter what have to constantly disagree with one another, I just think more outsiders might start contributing if the place wasnt as clicky!

Anyways that's just my feedback, I could be completely on my own with this opinion! On a more positive note, today might be the day Utd break the world transfer record. And a midfield 3 of Pogba-Schneiderlin-Herrera could be immense under Jose!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,767 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

Its just an odd question. Nobody is being forced to take holidays to watch a match. If you want to watch the match live and you're working then you will need to take the holidays, forced doesn't come into it, its simply a decision.

To ask it seems to imply that the question is on the basis that the poster seems to think this is unfair and they are asking if they are the only ones to be subjected to such an ordeal!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,213 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

Has someone got a gun to your head? I doubt anyone's forcing you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭wiz569

Jeez guys I presume he meant it in jest

wiz569 wrote:
    Jeez guys I presume he meant it in jest

????

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Can't see the game cause I made commitments already :(

Think we're a few days off Pogba being done but what's the rush?
    So long as it gets done

Liverpool friend on to me thus morning
    God those lemons they're chewing are bitter right now

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Got a power cut here this morning,a bit of panic set in came back on 5 minutes ago :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

Think we're a few days off Pogba being done but what's the rush?
    So long as it gets done

Liverpool friend on to me thus morning
    God those lemons they're chewing are bitter right now

Talking to one of my Liverpool friends yesterday and he was the opposite, said if we get pogba its a fantastic deal, said the money was crazy but its today's market

Also have friends on a group chat saying its the first time since Ferguson left they are genuinely worried about us which is a good sign

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,217 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

I have thought this thread has become more more "clicky" recently. I like to follow this forum but I dont really contribute that often as I think most discussions get taken over by the same groups and us "nobodies" (:P) tend to get left behind.

People have their "things" here. Whether it's a running gag, a strange obsession with a player, or certain members who no matter what have to constantly disagree with one another, I just think more outsiders might start contributing if the place wasnt as clicky!

Anyways that's just my feedback, I could be completely on my own with this opinion! On a more positive note, today might be the day Utd break the world transfer record. And a midfield 3 of Pogba-Schneiderlin-Herrera could be immense under Jose!!

I can understand where you are coming from if you don't visit the thread daily, there is always, and will always be talks of a clique in certain threads, certain fora etc but the vast majority of the time it is simply a number of posters who frequent the thread on a very regular basis and get to know each others online persona well enough to have little jokes and sometimes stupid ****e that you simply won't understand if you weren't online whenever the thing happened that they make the reference to if you get me.

It can be daunting for an "outsider" at times, but there is no malice in it in most cases and you would actually find yourself being part of the "clique" if you were online as much as them :)

Since I have been a member of the SF there have been accusations of cliques and unwelcoming threads, they come and go in cycles, and in a way there will always be those who feel like outsiders, they play that role in daily life also possibly but for the most part I have found it to just be like any other community, some posters get along better then others, some disagree, now and then on a full moon there is unity :)

There was a particularly unsavoury "clique" floating about at one point, making plans for and discussing members of boards on a different social media site (could still be going I haven't checked in a while) but stuff like that is very much the exception rather then the rule.

On a side note, I have to go to a feckin wedding today so will miss the game also, though MUTV will surely be doing their usual repeat the friendlies non stop till the season starts so it could make for great hangover treatment tomorrow!

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Also have friends on a group chat saying its the first time since Ferguson left they are genuinely worried about us which is a good sign

What have they got to worry about? We're not going to be going after their 8th place trophy.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement