Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2016 - Mod Warning Post #6863

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

What have they got to worry about? We're not going to be going after their 8th place trophy.

Might bookmark this in case we implode and finish 8th :pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,531 ✭✭✭magnumbud

Adamocovic wrote: »
    Might bookmark this in case we implode and finish 8th :pac::pac:

or where chelsea ended up this year :eek:

Spanish media is quite laughable

https://twitter.com/Sport_Witness/status/756394795514400768

My pick of the article has to be:
    El Confidencial say in an article published on Friday morning that there’s recently been a last desperate telephone call between Zidane and Pogba, with each man seemingly wanting the player to end up at Madrid, and urging the other to do what they can to help that happen.

They really are throwing their toys out of the pram.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Spanish media is quite laughable

https://twitter.com/Sport_Witness/status/756394795514400768

My pick of the article has to be:

They really are throwing their toys out of the pram.

I wouldn't be too confident... I can see it playing our very similar to that if madrid were ticked off by Barca yesterday they will not want to be seen to miss out on Pogba.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭TheDoctor

Jose confirms Rooney to remain as captain

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,381 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

i'm still of the opinion that Madrid will end up getting the Pogba deal done - just don't see United being able to pull it off, its too big a deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭CantonasCollar

Surely you could hold off a few hours and save a half day of your holidays to watch a pre season friendly!!

Got a wife and 2 kids, it's either viewed live or not at all

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,597 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

jayo26 wrote: »
    I wouldn't be too confident... I can see it playing our very similar to that if madrid were ticked off by Barca yesterday they will not want to be seen to miss out on Pogba.

You're trying to hard with the pessimism buddy, we can see right through it :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,844 ✭✭✭py2006

Do we really want/need Pogz though?

I hate the idea of spending that much on one player. Two decent feckers at 50million each would be far sexier.

• Advertisement

Leroy42 wrote:
    Its just an odd question. Nobody is being forced to take holidays to watch a match. If you want to watch the match live and you're working then you will need to take the holidays, forced doesn't come into it, its simply a decision.

Leroy42 wrote:
    To ask it seems to imply that the question is on the basis that the poster seems to think this is unfair and they are asking if they are the only ones to be subjected to such an ordeal!

In future I will ensure all comments can in no way be interpreted other than absolutely pedantically.

I appreciate they are in the far east but it is a pain in the backside that it is a1pm kck off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

TheDoctor wrote: »
    Jose confirms Rooney to remain as captain

I was going to post this last night but I didn't want Astradave telling me I'm a month too slow. ;)

Has someone got a gun to your head? I doubt anyone's forcing you.

Zlatan broke in this morning and initially had a gun to my head, but he is very persuasive so managed to get him to agree to let me go to work this morning and come back for kick off

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,776 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

... they come and go in cycles ...

Does anyone remember that neeson guy who used to try (extremely ineffectively) to troll by putting the phrase "these things go in cycles" in every post he made?

Whatever happened to that guy?

In future I will ensure all comments can in no way be interpreted other than absolutely pedantically.

I appreciate they are in the far east but it is a pain in the backside that it is a1pm kck off.

1pm? Thought it was at 12.. ****e!

wiz569 wrote:
    Jeez guys I presume he meant it in jest

At last someone else who didn't have pi$$ soaked cornflakes for breakfast

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,217 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

i'm still of the opinion that Madrid will end up getting the Pogba deal done - just don't see United being able to pull it off, its too big a deal.

In what way do you think its too big a deal for United to pull off?

I think Madrid may get him, but I don't think the deal is "too big" for United. Money isn't an issue for sure, so what way do you mean too big?

Competing with Madrid for players is tough at the best of times, never mind when your out of the CL. Zidane being a legend, and a French one at that may have plenty of sway on Pogba who we know is not the most long term thinking guy, probably won't take into account Zidane probably won't be there by the end of the season.

I don't think if United miss out on him it is a stick to beat them with, transfer business is getting done well so far. The most important thing is to actually not let this drag on and on, either he is going to sign or move on. If he goes to Madrid test them for Kroos, or even Luka.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

jayo26 wrote:

Stop with the pessimism

You're not Future Guy

keane2097 wrote: »
    Does anyone remember that neeson guy who used to try (extremely ineffectively) to troll by putting the phrase "these things go in cycles" in every post he made?

Probably became a different user!

They come in cycles ;)

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

Isn't he the guy that wanted us to sign Cattermole every window :pac: I miss that crazy bastard!

9/1 on SkyBet at the moment that he'll go to Real so make some money out of it if thats what you think will happen.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

I'm off today. Even the missus is making her plans around the game so I'll see it in peace. :)

astradave wrote: »
    Isn't he the guy that wanted us to sign Cattermole every window :Pac: I miss that crazy bastard!

I think that was him!

Lee Cattermole was just what we needed, bit of steel in the soft midfield etc :)

Great laugh off him, he was almost good at what he was trying to do!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭wiz569

brinty wrote: »
    ????

Chap is been giving a hard time about asking is anybody being forced to take a half day to watch the match.

astradave wrote:
    1pm? Thought it was at 12.. ****e!

Far as I know the build up starts at 12, kick off is in fact 1.05pm, not 1pm, just to be clear for my pedantic friend a few pages back

wiz569 wrote:
    Chap is been giving a hard time about asking is anybody being forced to take a half day to watch the match.

Agh OK
    I'm not using a half day
    I'll just watch it at work 😋

Working from home - tough life.

I know it's a terrible predicament

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,776 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

astradave wrote: »
    Isn't he the guy that wanted us to sign Cattermole every window :pac: I miss that crazy bastard!

Oh yeah that's him alright lol, he tried his best.

All the games this preseason are kicking off between 12.30pm and 6.30pm. (Galatasaray on Saturday too)

I know it doesn't suit everyone who will be working during the Dortmund and Man City games but you hardly will please everyone.

Personally I find it a lot better than last years 4am and 2am kickoffs (Barcelona being the exception) so I'm happy anyway :P

You make me sick...
    With your pessimism and working from home..

• Advertisement

brinty wrote: »
    You make me sick...
    With your pessimism and working from home..

well the other half has Tangled on the tv, rather than my planned pre-game binge of Game of Thrones; so it ain't all sunshine and lollipops.

If Real did swoop in and steal it it would be pretty unexpected, a little funny i suppose too.

But I highly doubt Pogba was calling Zidane at night pleading to him to help him. It makes it sound like we are trying buying him against his will :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Pogba will sign. I'm very confident.

well the other half has Tangled on the tv, rather than my planned pre-game binge of Game of Thrones; so it ain't all sunshine and lollipops.

Tangled...
    Does she not know Mourinho is coming..

She knows nothing Mitch Connor

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,213 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

wiz569 wrote: »

Except chap isn't being forced to do anything. Chap is choosing to take a half day to watch a friendly football match. If chap had asked is anyone else taking time off to watch said game, said chap would've have gotten a different reaction.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

He'll be back, no doubt; these things go in cycles.

He'll be back, no doubt; these things go in cycles.

well_done_sir.gif

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Allegri has softened his stance...

5 days ago:
    This is not a selling club that just lets its players go. Pogba belongs to Juve and at the end of the day he too will want to win another Scudetto and hopefully the Champions League

Today:
    At the moment Pogba is a Juventus player, but as I say, the market is open.

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Allegri has softened his stance...

5 days ago:
    This is not a selling club that just lets its players go. Pogba belongs to Juve and at the end of the day he too will want to win another Scudetto and hopefully the Champions League

Today:
    At the moment Pogba is a Juventus player, but as I say, the market is open.

Ha I'm sure the money helped anyway!

I know Pogba is a huge player and would be a big loss for them but their midfield is looking strong even without him. Pjanic, Khedira, Marchisio and Hernanes, Sturaro there too as back ups.

I'm sure they want the deal done sooner than later so they can start spending that money. It really does seem that Raiolas huge cut is what is slowing down them selling Pogba.

• Advertisement

Just watching the end of countdown to kickoff and the coaches hose has brought in seem so much more relaxed and humane to what they were like with lvg. I don't ever remember seen the coaches have a bit of fun with lvg and his coaches even giggsy looked like a dour old sole.

Also good to see they brought the Rondo training back rooney and carrick will be thrilled

Just watching the end of countdown to kickoff and the coaches hose has brought in seem so much more relaxed and humane to what they were like with lvg. I don't ever remember seen the coaches have a bit of fun with lvg and his coaches even giggsy looked like a dour old sole.

Also good to see they brought the Rondo training back rooney and carrick will be thrilled

Yeah saw a video of them playing football tennis and Memphis and Rooney both got some funny scores and each time coaches and players were laughing and highfiving them.

Seems very relaxed and everyone enjoying themselves, I know it's only preseason but I hope its a sign of things to come. Having a good atmosphere and mentality in the locker room contributes so much to the team.

Take a look at @ManUtd's Tweet: https://twitter.com/ManUtd/status/756444414407475202?s=09

Blind in midfield by looks of it and Memphis up front wowsers

Blind in midfield? Memphis up front?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

Interesting that Valencia is captain, a ploy to make him look more important so we can sell to PSG for more money :p

Yeah saw a video of them playing football tennis and Memphis and Rooney both got some funny scores and each time coaches and players were laughing and highfiving them.

Seems very relaxed and everyone enjoying themselves, I know it's only preseason but I hope its a sign of things to come. Having a good atmosphere and mentality in the locker room contributes so much to the team.

This was funny

https://www.instagram.com/p/BIJrUQSgzXB/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

I wish I could just press a fast forward button and have the 4th signing sorted. Great if we land Pogba and while we can well afford it, I still don't think we should give in to any ransom demands.

• Blind in midfield? Memphis up front?

No harm in letting Jose have a look see!
    Blind technically can play midfield, same with Memphis front

• Registered Users Posts: 33,755 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Could be a clever ploy by Jose. Play Memphis as a striker and get him scoring to increase his confidence.

Luke Shaw is such a good person, a credit to himself and his family, and to the club.

RobertKK wrote: »
    Could be a clever ploy by Jose. Play Memphis as a striker and get him scoring to increase his confidence.

Luke Shaw is such a good person, a credit to himself and his family, and to the club.

I'd say it's just to give them all a run out despite the position. Same as Varela got threw into midfield against Wigan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Manutd_4life

Finally Blind in midfield!! His best position imo. Hope he has a good game

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement