Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2016 - Mod Warning Post #6863

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

The microphones on MUTV are all over the place haha

• Registered Users Posts: 5,347 ✭✭✭Quandary

Finally Blind in midfield!! His best position imo. Hope he has a good game

If Blind has a great game today the first thing his detractors will say is that it's a friendly and it means nothing. If he has a terrible game he'll probably be hounded though.

I'm a big fan of Blind as a midfielder. Hes such an intelligent footballer with a lovely range of passing. Fair enough he's not the quickest player on the pitch but that is made up for with good positioning and speed of thought.

I'd like to see him as part of a midfield trio along with Schneiderlin and Pogba/?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,597 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Jose said something about trying different formations too so maybe he is setting up with a 433 with mata and herrera ahead of blind and Micki Lingard ( false 9 *shudder*) Memphis ahead of them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,710 ✭✭✭54and56

I wish I could just press a fast forward button and have the 4th signing sorted. Great if we land Pogba and while we can well afford it, I still don't think we should give in to any ransom demands.

I really don't get this emotional and inflammatory language.

Wake up call time.

Pogba isn't a hostage so there won't be any ransom demands by Juve. Juve own an asset. Utd want Juve's asset.

Juve decide what price they are prepared to sell for. Utd agree to either pay Juve's price or not. End of, no need for any drama queen stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭gillamandango

zerks wrote: »
    Not sure if it was posted before but MUTV is half price @ €3.50 on Sky with no contract so you can get it today and have it turned off in a month and get to see all the pre-season games live.

How do you get this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Someone fix Paddy's microphone damn it

Wake up call time.

Pogba isn't a hostage so there won't be any ransom demands by Juve. Juve own an asset. Utd want Juve's asset.

Juve decide what price they are prepared to sell for. Utd agree to either pay Juve's price or not. End of, no need for any drama queen stuff.

26BRNewWczBInMDhm.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭Bret Hart

Johnstone toying with Auba.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭TheDoctor

Je suis Pogba

#freepogba

Bad gk by Johnstone. 1-0 Dortmund.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Bret Hart wrote: »
    Bad gk by Johnstone. 1-0 Dortmund.

I blame fellaini

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭Strong Life in Dublin

that was a very soft goal

That was a nice finish by Castro chipping Jones but sloppy keeping. Pre season though and they do have more games under their belt.

I don't understand, something bad has just happened this pre season

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

Adamocovic wrote: »
    That was a nice finish by Castro chipping Jones but sloppy keeping. Pre season though and they do have more games under their belt.

Complete miss-hit if you ask me.

Unearthly wrote: »
    I don't understand, something bad has just happened this pre season

#MourinhOUT

:P

Jessie will never be a striker anyway haha.

Complete miss-hit if you ask me.

Second viewing did look like that alright. Helped him a lot!

****e game so far.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Wake up call time.

giphy.gif

Wow! You got all that from my simple little post? A career in creative writing surely beckons.

2-0 Auba.PK.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,531 ✭✭✭magnumbud

#joseout

Just not happening for Memphis

magnumbud wrote: »
    #joseout

#moyesin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

We look like we have a lot of work to do before the league begins

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

We look like we have a lot of work to do before the league begins

Better now than the actual league

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭TheDoctor

If we could sign a Pogba type player in there now it would make some difference

giphy.gif

Wow! You got all that from my simple little post? A career in creative writing surely beckons.

Don't call me surely ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Is Memphis up top?

TheDoctor wrote: »
    If we could sign a Pogba type player in there now it would make some difference
    But only if no ransom demands are paid :o

• Advertisement

That was a tough watch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,381 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Bret Hart wrote: »
    That was a tough watch.

Dortmund far sharper all over the pitch - united very lethargic. You can see Dortmund have more match practice under them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,388 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Dortmund far sharper all over the pitch - united very lethargic. You can see Dortmund have more match practice under them.

And more of their starting team.

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Is Memphis up top?

Yeah he was. Didn't do much and a few poor touches but not solely his fault no one really performed too well. Dortmund look a lot sharper but I suppose that's expected as they have more games under their belt.

This is their 5th or 6th preseason game i think.. they look like they are ready for the league to start while we look like we are only beginning preseason which we are. the heat and the pitch are not helping matters at all

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

It's a pretty season friendly so you can't take it seriously at all. Though even if it were a competitive game I'd expect the same to happen. Dortmund are a side who've been carefully crafted over the last several seasons and expertly coached by 2 top class coaches. The results of that planning and coaching is there for all to see.

Be grand we have no de gea,martial,ibra,rooney,Smalling,schneiderlin and pogba when we get all them back we be flying :):):)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

We look awful pretty much everywhere.

It's a pretty season friendly so you can't take it seriously at all. Though even if it were a competitive game I'd expect the same to happen. Dortmund are a side who've been carefully crafted over the last several seasons and expertly coached by 2 top class coaches. The results of that planning and coaching is there for all to see.

You can't be carefully crafted when you keep loosing your best players.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,844 ✭✭✭py2006

Ah crap 2-0 down??? We playing bad?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭Polo_Mint

United 25-1 to get the win

Sure why not, Its Friday

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

jayo26 wrote: »
    You can't be carefully crafted when you keep loosing your best players.

A testament to Dortmund that despite that they continue to grow and recruit correctly (most of the time).

The Chinese playing oasis haha they really know how to make United feel welcome :):)

jayo26 wrote: »
    The Chinese playing oasis haha they really know how to make United feel welcome :):)

Should have stuck on some Stone Roses

A testament to Dortmund that despite that they continue to grow and recruit correctly (most of the time).

Wouldn't call it a testimemt at all since they played in the champions league final they have lost a host of players and Yeh they are a well run club but they haven't achieved anything apart from second place in German league.

This year they have lost another 3 quality players so far it be interesting to see how they do.

Come on Rashford.

Rashford is on... :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

Adamocovic wrote:
    Should have stuck on some Stone Roses

This is the one....

Is that the same Dortmund who lost to Liverpool in the Europa Cup Semi Final and have since lost Henrikh Mkhitaryan, Mats Hummels and Ilkay Gündogan?

Losing to them in a friendly doesn't mean anything, Jose's magic will be working by the time the PL kicks off. No doubt about that, especially now Rooney has been confirmed as Captain and therefore a guaranteed starter behind the soon to be 35 year old Ibra. What could possibly go wrong??

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

Big Steve Bruce sized spanner being thrown in the works of Sam Allerdicio bring made English manager
    Brucie holding talks with Hull....

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement