Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2016 - Mod Warning Post #6863

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

brinty wrote: »
    Big Steve Bruce sized spanner being thrown in the works of Sam Allerdicio bring made English manager
    Brucie holding talks with Hull....

That's is so unfair to Hull and Sunderland the fa really know how to fuk up the clubs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭Toobz

Is that the same Dortmund who lost to Liverpool in the Europa Cup Semi Final and have since lost Henrikh Mkhitaryan, Mats Hummels and Ilkay Gündogan?

Losing to them in a friendly doesn't mean anything, Jose's magic will be working by the time the PL kicks off. No doubt about that, especially now Rooney has been confirmed as Captain and therefore a guaranteed starter behind the soon to be 35 year old Ibra. What could possibly go wrong??

Yeah the same dortmund who lost to liverpool who couldn't even get Europa league.

It's a vicious circle..as for signings it must hurt some people when wijnaldum will cost the same as mkhitaryan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭Polo_Mint

Polo_Mint wrote: »
    United 25-1 to get the win

Sure why not, Its Friday

Just so I won't after-time in case the unthinkable happens

392385.JPG

• M!Ck^ wrote: »
    No harm in letting Jose have a look see!
    Blind technically can play midfield, same with Memphis front

Well that's that experiment over :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,597 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

jayo26 wrote: »
    That's is so unfair to Hull and Sunderland the fa really know how to fuk up the clubs.

Think Bruce is more about the takeover at Hull than the England job, it has been covered a fair bit that he would be reviewing his position before Roy left.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

It's a pretty season friendly so you can't take it seriously at all. Though even if it were a competitive game I'd expect the same to happen. Dortmund are a side who've been carefully crafted over the last several seasons and expertly coached by 2 top class coaches. The results of that planning and coaching is there for all to see.

You spout so much nonsense it's unreal.

392385.JPG

Stuck the contents of my account on it as well ha 5.51

jaysus Rojo.. some finish!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,381 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

oof, what a fecking hit.

Nice defending from rojo. sell the useless Argentine waster.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Nolars

That's rojo sold

• Advertisement

Unfortunately...that was class

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭Claude Burgundy

Well that escalated quickly 0-3

• Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

392385.JPG

What's the cash out options? :p

• Registered Users Posts: 33,755 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Goodbye Marcos Rojo, you were not good enough for United.

WAHEYYY Micki

Wan the mickey, great by rashers

I thought Shaw was at fault for the third more so then rojo. He was caught very high up the pitch trying close down the ball.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭Polo_Mint

Oh Mickey, you're so fine
    You're so fine you blow my mind, hey Mickey,
    Hey Mickey

• Registered Users Posts: 33,755 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

I say Jose is happy with Mata, two games two assists.

this is gonna take all day for the subs haha

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,381 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

jayo26 wrote: »
    I thought Shaw was at fault for the third more so then rojo. He was caught very high up the pitch trying close down the ball.
    when you get caught that flatfooted and straight on - then sat on your arse, literally - like Rojo was, i'm giving you the blame!

• Polo_Mint wrote: »
    Oh Mickey, you're so fine
    You're so fine you blow my mind, hey Mickey,
    Hey Mickey

Cheers

Keep the love coming

when you get caught that flatfooted and straight on - then sat on your arse, literally - like Rojo was, i'm giving you the blame!

I'll watch it again so if it was that obvious ha.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,870 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Dembele has been excellent. Deserved his goal even if our defending was muck. Dortmund much the sharper side. Nice goal and move there by MickyMata.

Herrera and Mata have been decent, Bailly loves a tackle!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭Claude Burgundy

As a grown man i'm proud to say "I Love Mickey"

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

Giggsy11 wrote: »
    You spout so much nonsense it's unreal.

I spout the virtues of clubs with carefully planned recruitment processes, a clear ethos and who deliver teams where the sum of the parts are greater than their individual components. That's Borussia Dortmund, a team who will make a big impact on the Champions League this season. Scattergun recruitment of wild amounts of money, a club with no clear direction, with players who have big names but who have not delivered on the pitch, that doesn't interest me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭wiz569

Except chap isn't being forced to do anything. Chap is choosing to take a half day to watch a friendly football match. If chap had asked is anyone else taking time off to watch said game, said chap would've have gotten a different reaction.

It was a joke,nobody in their right mind would allow themselves to be forced to take a half day to watch a match

I spout the virtues of clubs with carefully planned recruitment processes, a clear ethos and who deliver teams where the sum of the parts are greater than their individual components. That's Borussia Dortmund, a team who will make a big impact on the Champions League this season. Scattergun recruitment of wild amounts of money, a club with no clear direction, with players who have big names but who have not delivered on the pitch, that doesn't interest me.

And you support Chelsea and Barca.

Maybe City from this season?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,507 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Why post in the United thread then?

And what's with the new-found interest in Dortmund? Switching allegiances to a more hipster choice now that Pep has left the Bundesliga?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

Brucie has left Hull

Why post in the United thread then?

And what's with the new-found interest in Dortmund? Switching allegiances to a more hipster choice now that Pep has left the Bundesliga?

Because I'm watching the match and there's no other match thread.

My favourite teams to watch in the Bundesliga the last few seasons have been Bayern Munich, Dortmund and Borussia Monchengladbach.

And you support Chelsea and Barca.

Maybe City from this season?

Barca, Bayern, City & Chelsea.

2 words..

Glory Hunter

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

astradave wrote:

Psg????

astradave wrote: »

2 words..

Glory Hunter

But the ethos....THE EEEEETHOOOOOSSS

• Advertisement

astradave wrote: »

2 words..

Glory Hunter

If it's really important to you to box people into categories then put me down as a Barcelona fan, though I am an admirer of beautiful football.

I'd also say that lamenting about glory hunting on a Man Utd thread is ironic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

It's a pretty season friendly so you can't take it seriously at all. Though even if it were a competitive game I'd expect the same to happen. Dortmund are a side who've been carefully crafted over the last several seasons and expertly coached by 2 top class coaches. The results of that planning and coaching is there for all to see.

Why did you post more than that first sentence so?;)

If it's really important to you to box people into categories then put me down as a Barcelona fan, though I am an admirer of beautiful football.

Adamcp898 wrote: »
    Why did you post more than that first sentence so?;)

The 2nd sentence in the first post quoted answers your question.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,213 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

Dortmund are playing their 5th preseason game, Utd their second. That's why the look much better than Utd.
    They've also signed 8 players this summer, including Schurle, a signing that none of their fans can understand. That is definitely not a club with "with carefully planned recruitment processes, a clear ethos and who deliver teams. It actually sounds a bit scattergun after losing Hummells, Gundogan and Mkhitaryan to me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

The 2nd sentence in the first post quoted answers your question.

But then the final sentence of that post goes back on it once again

Somebody seen the score and thought they could get a dig in I doubt ;)

242.gif

You my friend are a glory hunter, and the difference between you and the so called glory hunting united fans is that most of these fans picked United to support because they were winning and the most famous team while they were growing up. Just like Liverpool fans that grew up in the 70's and 80's. You on the other hand are an adult that chooses a new team every couple years(months).. you're not a supporter. you don't know the meaning of the word!

Dortmund are playing their 5th preseason game, Utd their second. That's why the look much better than Utd.
    They've also signed 8 players this summer, including Schurle, a signing that none of their fans can understand. That is definitely not a club with "with carefully planned recruitment processes, a clear ethos and who deliver teams. It actually sounds a bit scattergun after losing Hummells, Gundogan and Mkhitaryan to me.

He hasn't got a clue about them anyways. Klopp and Tuchel are two very different type of coaches but somehow he thinks this side was carefully crafted over the period by 2 coaches when there were so many transfers in and out in the last 2-3 years.

Luke Shaw looks fairly fresh and fit infairness to him he is still running.

He hasn't got a clue about them anyways. Klopp and Tuchel are two very different type of coaches but somehow he thinks this side was carefully crafted over the period by 2 coaches when there were so many transfers in and out in the last 2-3 years.

I watch them most weeks, I've read a couple of books on (modern) German football, I read articles practically every week about how both coaches setup from a week to week basis and I'm all too aware of how Tuchel's team differs to Klopp's. 2 great coaches all the same. However if you feel like you have some knowledge on the subject that I'm lacking I'd love for you to share because I enjoy constantly learning. I mean, I could easily discuss with you how Dortmund, following a poor final season under Klopp, decided to shift from their counter attacking, ultra aggressive gegenpress to a more possession based style with the perceived benefit that the players would be less tired and less likely to crash as they did that season, but sure....what do I know...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,022 ✭✭✭jamesbere

Bailly has no problem getting stuck in anyway, definitely a man who see a lot of bookings this coming season

ooof, some finish that was.. shaw and Rojo really bad communication there

• Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

Wow...now that was a peach

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

So crap

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,213 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

I watch them most weeks, I've read a couple of books on (modern) German football, I read articles practically every week about how both coaches setup from a week to week basis and I'm all too aware of how Tuchel's team differs to Klopp's. 2 great coaches all the same. However if you feel like you have some knowledge on the subject that I'm lacking I'd love for you to share because I enjoy constantly learning. I mean, I could easily discuss with you how Dortmund, following a poor final season under Klopp, decided to shift from their counter attacking, ultra aggressive gegenpress to a more possession based style with the perceived benefit that the players would be less tired and less likely to crash as they did that season, but sure....what do I know...

Or they changed coach and the new coach played a different style of football to Klopp. But like, what to you know?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement