Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2016 - Mod Warning Post #6863

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭CantonasCollar

Except chap isn't being forced to do anything. Chap is choosing to take a half day to watch a friendly football match. If chap had asked is anyone else taking time off to watch said game, said chap would've have gotten a different reaction.

If me using the word 'forced' has ruined your day, then I can't apologise enough.

To be honest, I am a big boy and really couldn't care less about the reaction to my post, I actually find it more than a little bit funny that it seems to have annoyed so many folks.

#Forced

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭Flint Fredstone

Hate when people reneg on their decisions to piss off :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,844 ✭✭✭py2006

It is easy to fall into the trap of assuming just because we finally shook off LVG and bought a couple players that we are going to win every game and play amazingly for 90mins.

It will take a while to shake off the cobwebs of the last couple seasons. It may be xmas before they team start to be accustomed to a new style of management/training etc

Or I could be talking through my arse...

• He-loves-digging-holes---funny-dog-pictures.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,597 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Hate when people reneg on their decisions to piss off :(

Great thread in fairness :D

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,213 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

py2006 wrote: »
    It is easy to fall into the trap of assuming just because we finally shook off LVG and bought a couple players that we are going to win every game and play amazingly for 90mins.

It will take a while to shake off the cobwebs of the last couple seasons. It may be xmas before they team start to be accustomed to a new style of management/training etc

Some of that, but also Dortmund are back a month and have played 4 games before today. They also have their whole squad except for new signings Goetze ansd Schurle out there. They're 2-3 weeks ahead of Utd.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,347 ✭✭✭Quandary

No harm to get a bloody nose from a solid team like Dortmund in preseason like this. Everyone will realise very quickly it's going to take time and hard work for things to gel together.

Dortmund have looked sharper all over the pitch. It will be interesting to see how we (hopefully) improve as the preseason progresses.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

I watch them most weeks, I've read a couple of books on (modern) German football, I read articles practically every week about how both coaches setup from a week to week basis and I'm all too aware of how Tuchel's team differs to Klopp's. 2 great coaches all the same. However if you feel like you have some knowledge on the subject that I'm lacking I'd love for you to share because I enjoy constantly learning. I mean, I could easily discuss with you how Dortmund, following a poor final season under Klopp, decided to shift from their counter attacking, ultra aggressive gegenpress to a more possession based style with the perceived benefit that the players would be less tired and less likely to crash as they did that season, but sure....what do I know...

How many players were signed in last 2-3 years? Not so good number for the carefully built team over the years isn't it? This is exactly what you call as scatter gun approach.

Your post was like photocopy of some Arsenal fans about their 10 year plan for world domination.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

After the excellent preseason results under Moyes and LVG, I am not panicking because of today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

Sometimes the thread does get a bit feisty

GqZi964Bo9f0I.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,777 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Toobz wrote: »
    Wan the mickey, great by rashers

giphy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Delboy5

Its pre-season, its about getting firness levels up...

De Gea, Smalling, Darmian\TFM, Schneiderlin, Pogba, Martial, ibrahimovic, Rooney all missin today......probably a few others too i cant think of.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

py2006 wrote: »

I've heard this somewhere before...

Delboy5 wrote: »
    Its pre-season, its about getting firness levels up...

De Gea, Smalling, Darmian\TFM, Schneiderlin, Pogba, Martial, ibrahimovic, Rooney all missin today......probably a few others too i cant think of.

I love the optimism haha

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭Nerdlingr

Not a United fan but... listening to Ander Herrera talking after the game is refreshing - speaks really well and not a cliche in sight! Excellent interview.

• Advertisement

• I've heard this somewhere before...
    It's meme Friday btw...
    69589224.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭Polo_Mint

What I like about today's result is how a lot of these players will have to explain to Jose why they should be in the first team.

Best way to weed out who actually puts the effort in on the Pitch

Michael-Scott-Closes-The-Door-Awkwardly-On-The-Office.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭ericzeking

Except chap isn't being forced to do anything. Chap is choosing to take a half day to watch a friendly football match. If chap had asked is anyone else taking time off to watch said game, said chap would've have gotten a different reaction.

If me using the word 'forced' has ruined your day, then I can't apologise enough.

To be honest, I am a big boy and really couldn't care less about the reaction to my post, I actually find it more than a little bit funny that it seems to have annoyed so many folks.

#Forced
    The reaction to the original post was one of the most stupid things I have seen on the internet and that is saying something, the fact people couldn't decipher the spirit of the post is truly mind blowing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Nerdlingr wrote: »
    Not a United fan but... listening to Ander Herrera talking after the game is refreshing - speaks really well and not a cliche in sight! Excellent interview.

I thought he also handled the tricky LVG era question with class.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭Toobz

keane2097 wrote: »
    giphy.gif

If he keeps scoring I will have no shame!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭Vertigo100

I thought he also handled the tricky LVG era question with class.

What was asked and what was the reply?

Vertigo100 wrote: »

Reporter: "Did you like Louis Van Gaal?"

Herrera: "Not especially."

He was asked something like - Did he think that the squad seemed much happier now when compared to the LVG era?

And he said something like - I don't want to look at the past, he just wanted to look forward and not back ect, ect.

Sorry my memory isn't what it used to be :(, but that's just giving you a rough idea. Some players could have stumbled over the question, but I thought Herrera handled it quickly & smoothly.

Reporter: "Did you like Louis Van Gaal?"

Herrera: "Not especially."

I completely missed that.

Yorke said team looked a lot more relaxed now with Mourinho as before it looked more tense under LVG then asked is it a case of the difference in managers.

Herrera just said he didn't want to talk about the past, that the most important thing now is the future and a lot is happening now(something along that lines) and that they want to get the ball to attack quick I think (he made some gesture) and ended it with just saying they aren't fully fit yet but need to start winning.

Also talked about Shaw (think he called him the best LB in the world) and mentioned the importance of the City game.

I'm not bothered by this result at all because Dortmund were playing their 5th game and United their second. Dortmund were clearly fitter, quicker and sharper than United and tbh, I would have been surprised if we had won. That said, some individuals seem to be continuing were they left off last year. An example for me was Dortmund's third goal, Rojo yet again reminded me why he is a complete disaster and needs to be shipped out asap.

I completely missed that.

I totally made it up. ;) I was practicing for my ITK Twitter account.

I totally made it up. ;) I was practicing for my ITK Twitter account.

Thank God for that, because I was just about to make an appointment to see my GP.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭Polo_Mint

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Liked how Herrera said Jose wanted United to keep the ball but not just for the sake of it,he wanted the team to attack,I wonder who that line was aimed at?;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,777 ✭✭✭jimmytwotimes 2013

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

Giggsy11 wrote: »
    He hasn't got a clue about them anyways. Klopp and Tuchel are two very different type of coaches but somehow he thinks this side was carefully crafted over the period by 2 coaches when there were so many transfers in and out in the last 2-3 years.

what do I know...

Exactly!
    To thine own self be true.

We had Jones who was shocking in the first half replaced by Rojo who matched his level of rubbish in the 2nd half.I think Jose will dispose of both their services sooner rather than later.

Philib De Bruin on periscope:
    -United expect to sign Pogba in the next 2 days (before Monday)
    -Anything you have heard from Raiola is non-sense and he is protecting Juventus.
    -Juve and other Italian clubs like to look like the deal was hard to agree to save face.
    -Thinks the Fabinho links are made up but could be an option we go for after todays performance.
    -Lingard isnt expected to survive the cull.
    -Fellaini may decide to take up an offer he has in Italy (potentially why we may be looking at Matuidi also)
    -Says he wants the Pogba deal to be announced as its all done, the fee is agreed, the wages, Madrid are not interested and cant pay the same fee. Says hes sick of being asked about it.

I wonder if this was us?

https://twitter.com/DeadlineDayLive/status/756512123858157569

James Rodríguez: "I know that the club received an €85m bid for me, but I'm not leaving.I will fight to earn my place. That's my dream. I will stay at Real Madrid, I will succeed here." (Source: ESPN)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

So missed the game. How'd it....

...oh

9832_81be.gif

Ahem....

Lord TSC wrote: »
    So missed the game. How'd it....

...oh

Ahem....

Goals here: http://www.balls.ie/football/watch-man-united-vs-dortmund-goals/340516

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

Let's take a few positives from a terrible spanking.

- preseason so it's meaningless.
    - A kick in the arse was needed for a few of them.
    - showed Jose a few that are not near the level.
    - Shaw looks in great shape.
    - Mkhitaryan looks a proper player.
    - Mata was sharp.
    - Young looked like a fighter when he came on

All in all its a bad result and even in preseason you like to win but wining preseason was worthless the last few years. Putting a marker down against City will be slightly more important. Certainly don't want to be dicked by them too.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

Jayop wrote: »
    Let's take a few positives from a terrible spanking.

- preseason so it's meaningless.
    - A kick in the arse was needed for a few of them.
    - showed Jose a few that are not near the level.
    - Shaw looks in great shape.
    - Mkhitaryan looks a proper player.
    - Mata was sharp.
    - Young looked like a fighter when he came on

All in all its a bad result and even in preseason you like to win but wining preseason was worthless the last few years. Putting a marker down against City will be slightly more important. Certainly don't want to be dicked by them too.

Bailly looks very good signing too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

I've only seen the goals but Johnston didn't do himself any favours in goal. Woeful for all the goals bar the pen.

Giggsy11 wrote: »
    Bailly looks very good signing too.

He looks good on the ball and loves a slide tackle too.. can't wait to see how he does in the league

I've only seen the goals but Johnston didn't do himself any favours in goal. Woeful for all the goals bar the pen.

Romero was in goals for the last 2 goals.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Manutd_4life

Those goals were dreadful from our part. Impressively dreadful may I add.

Early days thou

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

astradave wrote: »
    Romero was in goals for the last 2 goals.

Well he was ****e too :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

Shaw and Baily looking very good.

Jones played as poorly as his hair looks bad. And his hair looks ****ing ridiculous.

Rojo. Don't need to say anything really.

• Advertisement

zerks wrote: »
    Philib De Bruin on periscope:

Forgive me but who is Philib de Bruin?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Donnielighto

Whats the obsession with chap?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,755 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

The 3M attack looks good. Though it was 2M today - not including Memphis.

Only a matter of time before Rooney is dropped to allow it:
    Zlatan---
    With these behind him
    Martial--Mkhitaryan--Mata

• Registered Users Posts: 33,755 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Good luck to him, glad he hasn't been sold.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement