Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2016 - Mod Warning Post #6863

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

Theres some tension in here today lads I'm ready to box

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,597 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

RobertKK wrote: »
    The 3M attack looks good. Though it was 2M today - not including Memphis.

Only a matter of time before Rooney is dropped to allow it:
    Zlatan---
    With these behind him
    Martial--Mkhitaryan--Mata

Throw mata into the middle there and I think he would thrive with those two making the runs around him..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

zerks wrote: »
    I wonder if this was us?

https://twitter.com/DeadlineDayLive/status/756512123858157569

James Rodr guez: "I know that the club received an 85m bid for me, but I'm not leaving.I will fight to earn my place. That's my dream. I will stay at Real Madrid, I will succeed here." (Source: ESPN)

I think it was Chelsea. Probably not City.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

I think it was Chelsea. Probably not City.

Maybe PSG or did he say a pl team?

So this is on Marca.

http://www.marca.com/en/football/real-madrid/2016/07/22/579241d5ca474131668b456a.html

Per Redcafe:

Zidane: Is everything fine, president?
    Perez: Yeah.
    Perez: We're fooling them("Estamos enredando un poco" {In spanish, this sentence can be interpreted in various ways})
    Perez: There's nothing closed.
    Perez: Everything is going well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Still don't believe we will sign Pogba.

Its just playing out too perfectly for Madrid not being able to suddenly find money at the 11th hour.

Not really bothered either.

Of course he would improve us and all that but I'm sure that back up players have already been identified.

One thing I'm sure of is that we won't be faffing about on the last day of the window, one way or another.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,755 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Still don't believe we will sign Pogba.

Its just playing out too perfectly for Madrid not being able to suddenly find money at the 11th hour.

Not really bothered either.

Of course he would improve us and all that but I'm sure that back up players have already been identified.

One thing I'm sure of is that we won't be faffing about on the last day of the window, one way or another.

I can see a deal agreed around Monday, so Jose is back in time to appear with his signing.
    Monday to tie in with the City game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Really just needs to end in the coming days regardless. There midfielders out there. Still concerned about RW.

Didnt watch the match today as waa in work bit sad to hear more negatives about Memphis. Really want him to succeed.

On twitter some United press pack were scathing of Jones and Rojo. Appears it will be surprising if both are kept.

To be honest can't say I'd particularly care if Jones, Rojo and Lingard went off elsewhere.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,621 ✭✭✭caviardreams

Would be sad to see Lingard go to be honest - think he could be good squad cover but appreciate he may not be happy with that when he could be starting for a mid-table team.

Rojo on the other hand.... :mad:

TheDoc wrote: »
    Really just needs to end in the coming days regardless. There midfielders out there. Still concerned about RW.

Didnt watch the match today as waa in work bit sad to hear more negatives about Memphis. Really want him to succeed.

On twitter some United press pack were scathing of Jones and Rojo. Appears it will be surprising if both are kept.

To be honest can't say I'd particularly care if Jones, Rojo and Lingard went off elsewhere.

IMO Mhkitaryan is going to play from the right. Either Rooney or Mata will be #10

Memphis Stunk the place up playing as a striker, making the wrong runs and losing the ball a lot, the difference when Rashford came on was telling

Jones was ****e, but not as ****e as Rojo.. I think we will be in for a CB as i don't think he is impressing Jose.. Bailly on the other hand was a sight to behold. Proper no nonsense CB that is good on the ball too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,559 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

TheDoc wrote: »

I thought Mkhitaryan would be the RW. I know he can play centrally as well but he did his best work at RW last season.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭Korat

That was a disappointing performance. I'm not buying the sharpness excuse, some of those players are just sh*t.

Much better to get a reality check now than go into the season with false expectations.

Mourinho has a lot of work to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,576 ✭✭✭deaddonkey15

To be honest, it's probably better losing 4-1 today than winning 4-1. Jose finding out who he can rely on early is a good thing. Memphis is running out of chances, what a disaster of a footballer. Possibly the worst United signing I've ever seen all things considered.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,767 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

Jones time is up. Yes he has been injured a lot (which is not a positive) but he simply has not progressed to any
    thing even close to the level of top team CB.

Rojo as well. Either of them could be kept if they are clearly a squad player.

Lingard, a decent option for a squad player, play him in the EL or whatever to give some of the 1st teamers a break.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,347 ✭✭✭Quandary

I wouldn't be for turfing any player out the door based on today's game. Let's see how they get on throughout the rest of the preseason first.

Rojo is certainly on thin ice though. Thought Luke Shaw was caught out of position a fair few times too, but considering the injury he's coming back from you'd have to cut him a bit of slack.

Memphis was average at best. His confidence is rock bottom after last season so it might take him a while to get going. I'd like to see him get a run of games to see if Jose can get him performing.

Bailly was decent enough today. Based on what we have seen so far, it looks like the physicality and pace of the premier league might suit him. I'd say he'll be a yellow card magnet though :)

I don't think any of our players really covered themselves in glory today. Let's see how they respond to that game. Losing 4-1 has to hurt the pride, even if it was only a friendly.

If we lose badly to City it will really sting....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

The most positive thing today was that the **** performances came from players that shouldn't be a first team regular.

Johnstone, jones,Rojo,Memphis,Jessie

Bailly looked really calm and comfy on the ball.

Shaw looked fit just lacked a bit of sharpness

Mata I thought was solid even though I seen one rating say he was crap.

Micki was good and energetic.

Rashford made some good runs.

At the end of the day it's a pretty season game we are at a totally different level fitness wise and lots of players still to come back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

https://twitter.com/Corriere/status/756609465802231812

Looks like Higuain is Juve bound after all,I wonder how they can afford him-there must be a load of cash hitting their bank account very soon.

https://twitter.com/Corriere/status/756609465802231812

Looks like Higuain is Juve bound after all,I wonder how they can afford him-there must be a load of cash hitting their bank account very soon.

Madrid gonna wire over 100 million asap

jayo26 wrote: »
    The most positive thing today was that the **** performances came from players that shouldn't be a first team regular.

Johnstone, jones,Rojo,Memphis,Jessie

Agree 100%. Would be delighted if all 5 never started a game for United again. Add Valencia to the list as well.

• Advertisement

tumblr_inline_oa2ewp4Zyt1ssqf71_500.gif

They probably don't have the password for their Paypal account:pac:

They probably don't have the password for their Paypal account:pac:

I donno but I think madrid are the type of club that would deal in bitcoins.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Theres some tension in here today lads I'm ready to box

Box this lap, pit confirm.

I donno but I think madrid are the type of club that would deal in bitcoins.

They hit send and the system crashes.:P

DH092jb.gif

The new juventus twitter header

98dnxu.jpg

• Advertisement

The new juventus twitter header

98dnxu.jpg

Somebody is missing................;)

Somebody is missing................;)

Indeed there is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,217 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

If that is the official header then Pogba is as good as gone, his destination is all thats up for debate. No way they would leave their most marketable player out if he wasn't on his way.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users Posts: 7,672 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

If we do end up signing Pogba i seriously hope we don't deploy him as a defensive midfielder in a 4-2-3-1 formation, you just have to look at the euros to see how much he was held back like that.

He's at his best roaming forward, I'd hope we would switch to a 4-3-3 formation, something like this:

De Gea
    -Darmian--Smalling--Bailly--Shaw
    Schneiderlin

Herrera
    Pogba
    --Mhkitarian---Zlatan
    Martial

If that is the official header then Pogba is as good as gone, his destination is all thats up for debate. No way they would leave their most marketable player out if he wasn't on his way.

It's is. Juventus have 4 twitter accounts in different languages and all have been changed.

• Advertisement

Zlatan: "All I'm hearing is Pogba is too expensive, this and that, well, my jersey sales alone will pay for Pogba."

Stolen from the unbelievable Jeff page.

lol

"could be closed in 24 hours"
    "could be close"
    "could be done within 48 hours"
    "looks likely to be done by Friday" - When its Tuesday
    "signing imminent, everything agreed barring a slight detail"
    "could be done before Monday"
    "could be closed next week"

Gotta laugh in fairness

Lather
    Rinse
    Repeat

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,026 ✭✭✭duffman13

lol

"could be closed in 24 hours"
    "could be close"
    "could be done within 48 hours"
    "looks likely to be done by Friday" - When its Tuesday
    "signing imminent, everything agreed barring a slight detail"
    "could be done before Monday"
    "could be closed next week"

Gotta laugh in fairness

Lather
    Rinse
    Repeat

Gets clicks/sells papers. It's clear we are in for him but in the world of instant news now everyone wants to keep there followers happy. No news is not good news for these journalists/ITK twitter guys.

A huge deal will take time but the regular Joe public doesn't like to wait

How could you be taken in by it though? Its hardly our first rodeo.

As I say, all you can do is laugh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

Fabinho will surely sign now with the number 2 still not taken. I speculate that could mean Darmian is offered or demanded as part of Pogba deal

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,071 ✭✭✭user2011

Wouldn't my hole offer up Darmien as part of the deal, money up front let Juve go through the struggle of finding a Rb with the money they get.

We got the money just pony it up if pogba is the player Jose wants.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,026 ✭✭✭duffman13

Fabinho will surely sign now with the number 2 still not taken. I speculate that could mean Darmian is offered or demanded as part of Pogba deal

The Fabinho deal hasn't got people too excited and I'm not sure why(Likely the Pogba deal), hes a fairly similar player to Shaw and offers an outlet going forward. Seen him play 3 times last year and he looked very good.

Would be a good signing, I hope Darmian doesn't get sold. A solid and versatile option but if we do go for Fabinho then you'd assume he's close to the door.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

ScummyMan wrote: »
    If we do end up signing Pogba i seriously hope we don't deploy him as a defensive midfielder in a 4-2-3-1 formation, you just have to look at the euros to see how much he was held back like that.

I don't think having him playing as part of a midfield two in 4-2-3-1 in a problem once he has license to break forward as needed.

It seemed like for France he was specifically told not to venture forward and that was the main problem. Alongside someone like Schneiderlin, he shouldn't need to be restricted. Having Pogba and not allowing him to roam forward and arrive into the box is pointless as you lose his best qualities.

I think he's good enough defensively to play as part of the two, you can still get the best of him pushing forward from slightly deeper without sacrificing your #10.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

Don't know why people are getting impatient about pogba transfer, it's a world record fee, no way was it going to be smooth sailing

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

user2011 wrote: »
    Wouldn't my hole offer up Darmien as part of the deal, money up front let Juve go through the struggle of finding a Rb with the money they get.

We got the money just pony it up if pogba is the player Jose wants.

Juve have Dani Alves to play rb tho

• Registered Users Posts: 33,755 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Juventus put up a poster which included some Juve players but no Pogba.

Then dab like Dybala...

https://twitter.com/juventusfcen/status/756668561939107840

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

ShooterSF wrote: »
    And we have an early contender for worst headline of the season from The Sun,

"Paul Pogba has been pictured partying with an e-cigarette in his mouth in Miami."

Sounds like a terribly boring party to be fair but not exactly "news".

Not to be outdone Sky Sports have now started channeling their inner buzzfeed as the "news" outlet has an article "Which premier league manager are you?"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭ericzeking

Why would we sell Darmian? He's had a year to settle, is an international from of the best providers of defenders out there.

People are just fascinated with buying and selling players, I often wonder if lads have difficulty separating their video games from real life.

I also don't get the vitriol directed at Rojo, he has been ok for us and is versatile.
    Jones too, he was injured most of last season but has previously displayed talent, yet after a pretty season game he now must be sold apparently.
    Buying and selling players constantly is not the way forward, if Jose is the manager he is supposed to be then he should go close to winning the league. Pogba or no Pogba. Remember, LVG won a lot of games against direct rivals with this group.

Number 2 was available all last season too #justsaying

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Allegri doesn't name United at all. Just confirms there are negotiations taking place with someone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,933 ✭✭✭Tippex

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Allegri doesn't name United at all. Just confirms there are negotiations taking place with someone.

Aw don't be a buzzkill coming in with sensible posts where's that plane brinty?

Lord TSC wrote: »

Well it's shamrock rovers he is talking to :):):)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,830 ✭✭✭Cookie_Dough

I doubt Pogba is as done as everybody seems to think. I would expect any serious discussion between him & his agent would be done face to face & agent has only flown out to him

Jose was very non committal with press & mentioned other targets (not certain of getting him)

Juve haven't specified who's in for him (we might have competition from Real or anyone)

If Pogba REALLY wanted Real & they came in but couldn't offer his wages I'm sure he would take (I know I would, who's not gonna settle when offered their dream job)

Juve probably hedging their bets with the pics & twitter header etc without him. They expect he will go but he might even stay. De Gea wasn't in any of our pre season press photos last season when it was though he was off to Real.

In summary - I'll believe it when I see it & wouldn't be at all surprised if it didn't.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

Tippex wrote:
    Aw don't be a buzzkill coming in with sensible posts where's that plane brinty?

Flying to Monaco for Fabinho
    Pogba was dropped of on Friday morning
    We collected Mini (he likes that) yesterday and he's discussing with Ed over Cigars and Brandy ...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement