Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2016 - Mod Warning Post #6863

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

• Nice to see Moyes back in the PL. Best of luck to him

• jayo26 wrote: »

Dat dress tho...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,621 ✭✭✭caviardreams

New kit out today! \o/

I see Daley and Jesse in the launch pics. Oh yeah, and Zlatan :D
    http://www.manutd.com/en/New-Kit-2016-2017/Wallpapers.aspx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,818 ✭✭✭Chris_Bradley

Jesus that white dressy thing aint leaving anything to the imagination.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,830 ✭✭✭Cookie_Dough

New kit out today! \o/

I see Daley and Jesse in the launch pics. Oh yeah, and Zlatan :D
    http://www.manutd.com/en/New-Kit-2016-2017/Wallpapers.aspx

I really dislike the two tone effect with the 2 shades of red. It makes it look like they're just really sweaty & the jersey is wet on one side. Daley looks good tho.. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,621 ✭✭✭caviardreams

Maybe when they get sweaty after a few minutes it will all just look the one shade of dark red? :D

Don't mind the two tone look but wish it was just a straight line instead of the honeycomb business. Pictures need more Mata though :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,830 ✭✭✭Cookie_Dough

Maybe when they get sweaty after a few minutes it will all just look the one shade of dark red? :D

Don't mind the two tone look but wish it was just a straight line instead of the honeycomb business. Pictures need more Mata though :)

I'm not a fan of the shirt, I'm sure I'll get used to it. I like the blue one though.

Of course, Mata makes everything better :)
    Hopefully we will get to see him in it plenty this season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭IamtheWalrus

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Dat dress tho...

Not to be a buzzkiller but christ Sky really do treat their viewers with contempt. They put on gorgeous busty babes to attract the stereotypical ogre-man.

Don't get me wrong, I love looking at them but it's so degrading to women and insulting to the male viewers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Not to be a buzzkiller but christ Sky really do treat their viewers with contempt. They put on gorgeous busty babes to attract the stereotypical ogre-man.

Don't get me wrong, I love looking at them but it's so degrading to women and insulting to the male viewers.

Woman dressing nice or looking attractive isnt offensive or degrading.

Get a grip

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,294 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Looks like she's up the duff, there is some serious weight in those fun bags

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭IamtheWalrus

TheDoc wrote: »
    Woman dressing nice or looking attractive isnt offensive or degrading.

Get a grip

You seem to have missed the point; no doubt too distracted trying to open a packet of travel Kleenex, single-handedly.

You seem to have missed the point; no doubt too distracted trying to open a packet of travel Kleenex, single-handedly.

The irony this comment is brilliant after what you said in your post before.

Maybe it's only degrading if you look at in a degrading way the same way as rob above you clearly can't look at a female presenter in a mature way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭0gac3yjefb5sv7

She is pregnant?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

I think the world and its dog knows a sports programme's tctic of hiring good looking women. I am not sure why this even needs to be brought to attention! Its hardly degrading though, They are wearing outfits, that albeit are "eyecatching" are hardly skanky and are paid generous salaries. They are newsreaders, it is not journalistic work working for Rupert Murdochs empire.

Also, you love to look at them (does that make you the "stereotypical ogre-man"?!) but are insulted by their presence! I'm not really sure where you actually stand on this!!

I generallt never watch SSN but I definitely wouldnt feel insulted nor would I get distracted watching it!

Lighten up!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

Tv presenters in good looking shocker

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Dat dress tho...

may-i-just-say-that-s-a-smashing-blouse-you-have-on.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

jayo26 wrote: »

what in god's name is Bruce up to then.Thought he may be on the road up north . Must really be bad times at Hull if he has quit a PL club with no offer on table. THe owners are selling up, yeah? . Sad for their supporters. All was looking rosy a few months ago. Sounds like something you'd see at Newcastle now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,559 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Olivia looking swell

https://twitter.com/SkySportsNewsHQ/status/756796652942454784

We can safely say pogba is leaving juventus this summer. By looks of it his deal is already done if juventus are spending in anticipation of it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭0gac3yjefb5sv7

https://twitter.com/SkySportsNewsHQ/status/756796652942454784

We can safely say pogba is leaving juventus this summer. By looks of it his deal is already done if juventus are spending in anticipation of it.

Any idea how much he cost?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Pheonix10 wrote: »

Price being banded around over the last few days was 80-100m, though they were trying to offload two or three players at the same time...

Pheonix10 wrote: »

No idea yet but I'd say it's north of 60 anyway surely.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,356 ✭✭✭Cotts72

No idea yet but I'd say it's north of 60 anyway surely.

€92 million , that deal seals Pogba's fate but wouldn't expect anything until Monday or when he cuts his holiday

Cotts72 wrote: »
    €92 million , that deal seals Pogba's fate but wouldn't expect anything until Monday or when he cuts his holiday

Seen online 94 million euros and 7.5 million a year over 4 years it all adds up to 124 million.

Juventus seemingly have asked for 124 million for pogba.... coincidence????

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,381 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Pogba should stay at Juve, they've put together an amazing squad. Have to be a CL favorite

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,381 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Cotts72 wrote: »

If United sign Pogba, and it is still a big if imo, good chance it will be announced early next week, when Woodward and mourinho are back in Manchester. So pics of Woodward, mourinho and pogba are taken in Manchester as a world record deal is announced.

If Hiquian is being bought for €94m then I have no idea why people are complaining €120m is too much for Pogba.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

Seen online 94 million euros and 7.5 million a year over 4 years it all adds up to 124 million.

Juventus seemingly have asked for 124 million for pogba.... coincidence????

That calculation is wrong. Higuain's wages is 7.5 Million net but Juve have to pay the tax on wages, so it comes much more than 124 Million.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

yabadabado wrote: »
    If Hiquian is being bought for €94m then I have no idea why people are complaining €120m is too much for Pogba.

Agreed 100%. €94m for a 29 year old striker who, while I really like him, I wouldn't rank in the top five at the moment.

Market is crazy, but all things relative, I guess.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Agreed 100%. €94m for a 29 year old striker who, while I really like him, I wouldn't rank in the top five at the moment.

We should adopt the moneyball approach,it has worked well for Liverpool.........oh wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

Crazy money for Higuian. Heard they were trying to do a deal for €60mill and a player but Napoli were having none of it so then they had to go and activate the release clause.

Surely Pogba is soon to be sold off if they're dishing out that money for him. I know Higuain scored a lot of goals last season but surely you would imagine there are cheaper alternatives to him out there.

I admit I've been one saying the price Juventus were asking for Pogba was excessive (a lot due to Raiola) but paying 90+million for a player who only three years ago was bought from Real Madrid for like 35million is bonkers, sign of where transfers are going I suppose.

God only knows how much players will be worth in 10 years time :P

I really dislike the two tone effect with the 2 shades of red. It makes it look like they're just really sweaty & the jersey is wet on one side. Daley looks good tho.. :D

I have the shirt for a while now and it's actually decent when it's on.It doesn't look half as good in pics or on a store hanger.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,654 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Lord TSC wrote: »

Feels like Pogba could be a bargain now lol

Besides the age, Its pure mad money for Hiquian who only had really one outstanding season where as the most of his career blows hot and cold.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

Not sure if it was mentioned yet but hopefully he gets on well.

https://twitter.com/ESPNUK/status/756783936177451009/photo/1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

zerks wrote: »
    I have the shirt for a while now and it's actually decent when it's on.It doesn't look half as good in pics or on a store hanger.

Yep. One of my favourite to wear in years. I actually like the honeycomb effect in person.

ShooterSF wrote: »
    Yep. One of my favourite to wear in years. I actually like the honeycomb effect in person.

Had it on walking along the street and was asked "where the fook did you get the new home shirt already",I told him I know people who work for Adidas:pac:

I like the new 'keepers shirt,it would be amazing with short sleeves.

3686AB2100000578-0-image-a-84_1469269388847.jpg3686937E00000578-0-image-m-83_1469269383446.jpg

36869C5900000578-3704585-image-a-37_1469272713795.jpg3686B0BA00000578-3704585-image-m-36_1469272708486.jpg

"For Fuck sake Wayne,how hard is it for a professional footballer to control a simple pass,here is how you do it".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

You took the words out of my mouth. I can't believe Higuain is valued at that price. I honestly couldn't care less what price players are transferred for but logically thats mad money for a player of 29 years of age and someone who in my opinion is not in the top tier of strikers in the world. Ah well, I guess Pogba is going somewhere for sure, just wonder if its us or Madrid.

In other news... Do you reckon Moyes will come looking for a few players off us? Januzaj? Fellaini?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Manutd_4life

The price we were rumoured to be offering for Pogba irked me a little but I really didnt care.

But now after Higuain's price tag, i couldn't give a bloody f**k. Give them whatever - compared to Higuain, the price rumoured is a bargain!!!

The market is getting crazier every year!!!

• Advertisement

To be honest I don't think Pogbas world record fee will take long to be broken. If Gareth Bale or Suarez, Messi, Neymar move in the next two years there'll be two clubs in Manchester dying to break the record.

In saying that, Is Manchester the richest footballing city in club football?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,597 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

zerks wrote: »
    Had it on walking along the street and was asked "where the fook did you get the new home shirt already",I told him I know people who work for Adidas:pac:

I like the new 'keepers shirt,it would be amazing with short sleeves.

Romero was wearing it with short sleeves yesterday IIRC

https://twitter.com/hashim0307/status/756820964801929217

Pogba edging closer to United for a sum between €120-125m reports Mediaset Premium

The wheels turn a little more in the Pogba saga.

GSPfan wrote: »
    You took the words out of my mouth. I can't believe Higuain is valued at that price. I honestly couldn't care less what price players are transferred for but logically thats mad money for a player of 29 years of age and someone who in my opinion is not in the top tier of strikers in the world. Ah well, I guess Pogba is going somewhere for sure, just wonder if its us or Madrid.

In other news... Do you reckon Moyes will come looking for a few players off us? Januzaj? Fellaini?

I feel sorry for Juve ,they have totally under priced Pogba :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,979 ✭✭✭billyhead

With Moyes now at Sunderland watch Fellani go there next

billyhead wrote: »

Maybe he will take Rojo and Jones too!

billyhead wrote: »

Bangkok will be like:

200.gif

To be honest lads at this stage there is no point looking at twitter accounts claiming things are edging closer as it takes no inside knowledge at all to claim that with the whole world knowing its going on. The only news you need to bother your brain with now is an official announcement.

Looks like Napoli are spending the Higuain money already,in talks to sing Bacca.They'll need the cash for that,Juve will need the cash for Higuain and we have the cash for Pogba to fund all the deals.

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭fitzer1982

Horrible feeling he's going to end up at Madrid.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement