Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2016 - Mod Warning Post #6863

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

Without links the quotes mean nothing, i could put up a quote of any player saying anything

• Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭Toobz

If we do miss out on Pogba is William Carvalho still viable? Seems to be doing a good job for Portugal at the euros and still young enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Someone touched on this yesterday I think but I only seen the video now of zlatan asking what number he would wear and then replied "8? Thats cool"

It's not looking good for our mata :(

Zlatan Ibrahimovic First Full Exclusive Interview After Signing For Manchester United
    ShivDes357
    7:13

https://youtu.be/JAt4ENXCAQ0

It's from 48 seconds onwards no sound but you can lip read

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

Toobz wrote: »
    If we do miss out on Pogba is William Carvalho still viable? Seems to be doing a good job for Portugal at the euros and still young enough.

That would be scatter gun approach. Both are not similar players. Pogba is attack oriented player whereas Carvalho is pure DM.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭Simply Red

Dortmund just said mickey Ryan has joinEd United.

Simply Red wrote: »

He is going to have to change his twitter to

@mickeyryan

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Boo ya!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,830 ✭✭✭Cookie_Dough

jayo26 wrote: »
    Someone touched on this yesterday I think but I only seen the video now of zlatan asking what number he would wear and then replied "8? Thats cool"

It's not looking good for our mata :(

Zlatan Ibrahimovic First Full Exclusive Interview After Signing For Manchester United
    ShivDes357
    7:13

https://youtu.be/JAt4ENXCAQ0

It's from 48 seconds onwards no sound but you can lip read

Duh Mata will be getting 10 back when Rooney goes to China.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,948 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,943 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Two great signings

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,595 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

giphy.gif

Ahh marsbar ya burst my bubble I had just copied the link to that tweet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

On another day of great news is it too trite to say I really like Zlatan's blue United shirt?

• Advertisement

:pac: Dortmund are gas, always sound so bitter. But they are pretty funny

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Dortmund the funniest club in the world

• Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭WarZ

RobertKK wrote: »
    The problem is your credibility towards United, you posted in the Liverpool thread that you believe they will go all the way next season.
    You constantly dismiss United.
    Maybe you have an irrational hate of United.

I call things as I see them. Liverpool are looking like they will have a superb team for the coming season, they already have a great attitude that other PL teams completely lack and they have a fantastic coach.

Liverpool are a team that other teams just can't emulate. The passion, the legacy, the work ethic. I do think they will go all the way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,848 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

WarZ wrote: »
    I call things as I see them. Liverpool are looking like they will have a superb team for the coming season, they already have a great attitude that other PL teams completely lack and they have a fantastic coach.

Liverpool are a team that other teams just can't emulate. The passion, the legacy, the work ethic. I do think they will go all the way.

Right, so in summary..."this is going be be our year" :pac::D

• Advertisement

ozL1p6Q.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭Pickpocket

So how do we actually pronounce this guy's name, and please don't say 'Micky Ryan' as it makes my teeth itch?

Ya Mario work ethic will work a belter for ye

• Registered Users Posts: 33,754 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

They emulated United last season by Klopp finishing where Moyes had United.

Pickpocket wrote: »
    So how do we actually pronounce this guy's name, and please don't say 'Micky Ryan' as it makes my teeth itch?

Mick-ee-tar-yan, i think.

lol. So obvious. It's like that Johno lad on RAWK pretending to be ManUtd fan and posting ****.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,640 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Really is bitter.

I have great respect for Liverpool as a club but what is this great attitude to your talking about? How many trophies has it helped them win over recent years?

Passion? Goway will ya they have great supporters same as the core of United fans are passionate too the only difference is that United have more blow in supporters from America and parts of Asia that Liverpool don't have.

Legacy? You having a laugh they have no more legacy then United or Everton or Spurs or arsenal.

I'm not putting them down they are a great club I have always respected them but to talk nonsense and put them above other clubs in the league will ya goway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

Mars Bar wrote:
    A beast at the age of 34

Mars my dear
    Which of out new boys is setting your heart a flutter and going on the back of the new plunging neck line home kit 😋

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,235 ✭✭✭ceegee

mickey-tar-yan

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

Pickpocket wrote:

You best leave the thread so mate
    Its pronounced "Micky Ryan"

Mickey T Ryan :)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,424 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Summer is shaping up nicely now. 3 signings so far and it would be perfect if we managed to pull off the Pogba deal and bring in an established center back. It would quickly become all about who we were shipping out... All be it not much deadwood left. I'd say Mata is a certainty with the likes of Phil Jones, Rojo and Fellaini possibilities too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Manutd_4life

There isn't a chance the English commentators are gonna get this right :p

https://youtu.be/nAd-gb2ryOA

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,371 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

M Kit Harrington.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,978 ✭✭✭BenK

Was googling how to pronounce his name and came across this article:

http://www.101greatgoals.com/blog/how-to-pronounce-henrikh-mkhitaryan-a-guide-for-liverpool-fans/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭Pickpocket

brinty wrote: »
    You best leave the thread so mate
    Its pronounced "Micky Ryan"

In the grand tradition of Terry Henry and belly-slapping English yobs. It's no wonder they voted for Brexit. It will save them a fortune on elocution lessons.

Jose is doing business so far, unbelievable summer so far. Never seen anything like it at utd.

Utd are just getting business done and dusted so quickly.

Hopefully more to come

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,754 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

So Dortmund are saying even with CL football, apart from being a feeder club for Bayern Munich, they also lost a player to a team in the Europa League.

Dortmund make themselves look unattractive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,948 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

brinty wrote: »
    Mars my dear
    Which of out new boys is setting your heart a flutter and going on the back of the new plunging neck line home kit 😋

Ibrahimovic's name is too long and wouldn't fit on the back of the jersey and the same goes for the new guy!

I think Herrera would be my choice even though he is not new!

Headshot wrote: »
    Really is bitter.

I don't know why they are bitter. Did he not only have a year left on his contract ? Good deal for them considering.

Is Woodward or Jose to get the credit here.

Is it a coincidence that when Jose arrives deals get done and Moyes and Lvg could do nothing right?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Headshot wrote: »
    Jose is doing business so far, unbelievable summer so far. Never seen anything like it at utd.

Utd are just getting business done and dusted so quickly.

Hopefully more to come

Not just done quickly. Done right (IMO). It's incredible that we have, two days into the transfer window, we have here problem areas not just addressed but addressed really well. A profiled goalscorer, a RWer coming off an incredible season and a solid young defender. Just sterling work.

I still haven't really accepted Jose is our manager. Now I have to accept Ibra is there too. Jesus, what a time to be a United fan.

Is Woodward or Jose to get the credit here.

Is it a coincidence that when Jose arrives deals get done and Moyes and Lvg could do nothing right?

I think moyes was too indecisive and lvg was just looking at wrong players.

• Advertisement

Shaping up nicely now. Center Back, RW and Striker are already signed and this is just 2nd day of the transfer window.

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Not just done quickly. Done right (IMO). It's incredible that we have, two days into the transfer window, we have here problem areas not just addressed but addressed really well. A profiled goalscorer, a RWer coming off an incredible season and a solid young defender. Just sterling work.

I still haven't really accepted Jose is our manager. Now I have to accept Ibra is there too. Jesus, what a time to be a United fan.

This time we are signing players who had their best seasons in their career.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

So between Zlatan and Hekrik they had almost 100 goals last season either scoring or with assists.

If they can even guarantee 30 extra goals for us then it would be fantastic.

Defensively we were pretty damn good last year and we should only get better.

We now have an actual centre back (that Jose rates so thats all the endorsement i need), to partner Mike, competition for the right and Shaw hopefully back to pree injury form.

Think of all the times we drew last year and how impotent we were in front of goal.

3 key positions where we were sorely lacking have been addressed and the window is only open 2 days.

Its pretty clear that Jose had been doing his homework long before LVG got the door.

I am STUPIDLY excited for next season.

:D

2mci7r.png

One of my favourite tweets.

I just want the preseason games to start!

Funny our first game is against BVB on the 22nd of July.

It will be fun

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement