Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2016 - Mod Warning Post #6863

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

fitze69 wrote: »
    Horrible feeling he's going to end up at Madrid.

I think a lot of people here who have celebrated too early and slaughtered Balague should start to feel a little bit uncomfortable. :)

Until its confirmed either way I won't be one bit surprised by where he ends up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

https://twitter.com/Sport_Mediaset/status/756828213410729984

Sale of Pogba is now "mandatory".

Madrid can't afford him and were depending on somebody buying James,they are like we had been before-preparing bids,monitoring,giving it large only to see targets go elsewhere.It will be nice to see us do the same as whats been happening to us in the past.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Pretty confident he'll end up there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

No doubt he goes to Madrid.

Will Madrid troll Man Utd and put in a bid last minute and snap Pogba up I wonder? They must hate being seen as unable to afford a player over United; plus they'd love a dig after the whole De Gea saga :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

GSPfan wrote: »
    To be honest lads at this stage there is no point looking at twitter accounts claiming things are edging closer as it takes no inside knowledge at all to claim that with the whole world knowing its going on. The only news you need to bother your brain with now is an official announcement.

or Boards.ie.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,979 ✭✭✭billyhead

I reckon he will end up at Madrid aswell. They will be desperate to upstage Barca after signing Gomez. All this talk that they cant afford him etc etc is just to get Juventus to lower their price. I would be nearly sure Pogba would faour a move their over us any day of the week unfortunately:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Pogba will be a Utd player. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 33,755 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Pogba is going to be a United player, no need to worry. It suits Juve and United to delay it for various reasons at the moment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,316 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

You took the words out of my mouth. I can't believe Higuain is valued at that price. I honestly couldn't care less what price players are transferred for but logically thats mad money for a player of 29 years of age and someone who in my opinion is not in the top tier of strikers in the world. Ah well, I guess Pogba is going somewhere for sure, just wonder if its us or Madrid.

In other news... Do you reckon Moyes will come looking for a few players off us? Januzaj? Fellaini?

Its insane money ,even in today's crazy market .
    Higuain is a good player but at the really top level ,in the big matches when he is needed most he always goes missing .
    He snatches at the ball when heavily pressurised.
    If you are paying that sort of money you want a calm finisher and Higuain doesnt have that characteristic.

Desmond Kane has an excellent article on Pogba today
    Paul Pogba numbers don't add up - but the real story is Manchester United's desperation
    http://www.eurosport.com/football/premier-league/2015-2016/paul-pogba-is-world-record-waste-of-110m-but-the-real-story-is-manchester-united-desperation_sto5694883/story.shtml

• Registered Users Posts: 3,576 ✭✭✭deaddonkey15

Desmond Kane has an excellent article on Pogba today
    Paul Pogba numbers don't add up - but the real story is Manchester United's desperation
    http://www.eurosport.com/football/premier-league/2015-2016/paul-pogba-is-world-record-waste-of-110m-but-the-real-story-is-manchester-united-desperation_sto5694883/story.shtml

I thought it was influenced more by his personal opinion than by facts as the headline would suggest.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,356 ✭✭✭Cotts72

I thought it was influenced more by his personal opinion than by facts as the headline would suggest.

Agreed, any team with the funds would jump at the chance to sign Pogba, maybe he's not at the Messi/Ronaldo level YET but has the potential to become a world class midfielder. The fact the author states DiMaria was cut by LVG says it all

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

More than a whiff of Thiago over this one. Its taking far far too long to sort out. Don't get your Po6ba jerseys yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

More than a whiff of Thiago over this one. Its taking far far too long to sort out. Don't get your Po6ba jerseys yet.

This feels so much further down the line than Thiago ever got. Utd aren't low balling with their offers and more importantly Mourhino is the manager.

I'd say the signing is inevitable at this stage.

The news from China is that the game vs City could be called off due to heavy rain and flooding.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,597 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

zerks wrote: »
    The news from China is that the game vs City could be called off due to heavy rain and flooding.

It was supposed to be at risk over the last few days as the weather has been terrible in Beijing and the forecast now for Sunday is more rain and flooding on top of what has already hit. Would be a disappointment to the Chinese but I hope they don't risk the players on them surfaces, an injury waiting to happen.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I kind of hope it is. Can't be bothered by the fuss if we win or lose. Would rather the first Derby for Jose against Pep is with a full, wellrested team.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Apparently the cause is Peps tears due to the realisation of what he has signed up for.

Apparently the cause is Peps tears due to the realisation of what he has signed up for.

11ad88a.jpg

AIG incoming

Too late for one lad.

CoDjsdoWIAEGAEt.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,228 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Too late for one lad.

post-28652-thats-a-bold-strategy-cotton-g-g2uB.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

adox wrote: »
    This feels so much further down the line than Thiago ever got. Utd aren't low balling with their offers and more importantly Mourhino is the manager.

I'd say the signing is inevitable at this stage.

Dunno. I remember Graham Hunter saying Thiago was a done deal at one stage. I feel it'd be sorted now if it was going to happen. Someone's stalling.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Dunno. I remember Graham Hunter saying Thiago was a done deal at one stage. I feel it'd be sorted now if it was going to happen. Someone's stalling.

Is that you Mitch???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

Too late for one lad.

CoDjsdoWIAEGAEt.jpg

The biggest problem with that is that he has got the old premier league logo on the numbers. Otherwise he has a decent chance of it paying off.

The biggest problem with that is that he has got the old premier league logo on the numbers. Otherwise he has a decent chance of it paying off.

I think the bigger problem is its the old jersey :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Too late for one lad.

CoDjsdoWIAEGAEt.jpg

Did ya really?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

bangkok wrote:
    scholes has his say on pogba.

Fergie is after releasing the dogs...No doubt he would prefer this one not to happen. Have to question what it would take to make Scholes happy.

The one plus with Pogba is that he delivers goals from midfield,something we have been sorely lacking.Imagine LVG's reaction as Pogba lets fly from 25 yards,he would probably take him off.
    There was a time when everyone in the team chipped in with goals and plenty of them,that threat had gone in the last 3 seasons so hopefully Jose will bring them back,Lampard for Chelsea was great at it,we have players that can do that too but weren't let.Time for that to change and Pogba will help with that change.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,755 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

I feel confident that everything is agreed for the Pogba deal, the only problem is the manager is in China, Pogba is in the US.
    So I think a deal may be announced in the next 48 hours or so, but will be officially signed and delivered when Jose is back in Manchester.
    It suits Juve to drag it out a bit as the fans absorb the inevitable, it won't be a shock, and Juve can get some transfer business of their own sorted.
    Pogba would not be available to play for United at the moment anyway as he has not long finished the Euros.
    The thing is all sides have time if they have already agreed a deal. I think a deal is agreed and that is why Raiola is in the US too, he has his business done.
    That is my theory on what has happened already and what will happen.
    Forget Madrid, Raiola is in the US, he is not having meetings with Madrid for Pogba.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,924 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

Scholes is dreaming:

"For that sort of money, you want someone who is going to score 50 goals a season like [Cristiano] Ronaldo or [Lionel] Messi. "

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

Discodog wrote: »
    Scholes is dreaming:

"For that sort of money, you want someone who is going to score 50 goals a season like [Cristiano] Ronaldo or [Lionel] Messi. "

i agree with him 100%, not worth 100m

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

bangkok wrote: »
    i agree with him 100%

Of course you do.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Someone's been busy on Pogba's Wikipedia page, his current club is listed as Manchester United..

Of course you do.

do you think he is?

Discodog wrote: »
    Scholes is dreaming:

What disappoints me is that Scholes, more than anyone, should appreciate that a team isn't just the goalscorers, and relies on having a world class engine in midfield. It's a shame that midfielders and defenders get overlooked in this sort of "only goals are worth money" discussions.

Well it's hardly his fault that he's valued at an insanely eye watering price, but that's the way the game is going these days..

i agree with him 100%, not worth 100m

Scholes is talking out his hole. Yet again.

He says that Pogba isn't worth that because for that money you'd want Messi or Ronaldo - you won't get either for that money.

We need a player like Pogba. Simple.

Some just speak pure bollox all the time. He's becoming one of them.

• Advertisement

do you think he is?

I think he is worth two David Luiz all day long.

I think he is worth 3 fellainis all day long.

I think he is worth 20 million extra then higuain

To me he ain't worth 100 million but if United are prepaired to pay 100 million to buy him because they think they need him well then he is worth it in today's market.

We can afford it so fuk the money.

jayo26 wrote: »
    I think he is worth two David Luiz all day long.

I think he is worth 3 fellainis all day long.

I think he is worth 20 million extra then higuain

To me he ain't worth 100 million but if United are prepaired to pay 100 million to buy him because they think they need him well then he is worth it in today's market.

We can afford it so fuk the money.

Hold on, have I missed something, Pogba's worth an extra £20 million than Higuain?? This is what happens when I don't pay attention to the transfer silly season, on that note, dare I ask how much Higuain is worth/going for these days??

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Hold on, have I missed something, Pogba's worth an extra £20 million than Higuain?? This is what happens when I don't pay attention to the transfer silly season, on that note, dare I ask how much Higuain is worth/going for these days??

Talk is around €90 ish million

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Scholes is talking out his hole. Yet again.

He says that Pogba isn't worth that because for that money you'd want Messi or Ronaldo - you won't get either for that money.

We need a player like Pogba. Simple.

Some just speak pure bollox all the time. He's becoming one of them.

ronaldo was up for grabs this summer for 60m. Real were going to sell to PSG but decided against it as there was no one out there that can score the goals he can

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,949 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Lithium93_ wrote: »

Apparently his buyout clause of approximately €97million was triggered by Juve!

Hococop wrote: »
    Talk is around €90 ish million

Just had a looksy on Twitter, final figure is €94 million, absolutely crazy paying that much for a 29 year old Higuain..

• Advertisement

ronaldo was up for grabs this summer for 60m. Real were going to sell to PSG but decided against it as there was no one out there that can score the goals he can

You got a link there to this one buddy?

Also if they decided against selling him.. does that not actually mean that he wasn't available?

I call bull**** on that.

Literally the first time I have heard this one. Proof please.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

You seem to have missed the point; no doubt too distracted trying to open a packet of travel Kleenex, single-handedly.

What were you even trying to say in this dribble?

By saying your misplaced offense is nonsense, means I'm having a tummy tug to SSN?

Freak

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,001 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

You really do love to throw out these idiotic posts on a daily basis without anything concrete to back it up.

I am sure you will put up a link to some to very unrepeatable source yet talk about it as it's a fact.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement