Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2016 - Mod Warning Post #6863

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,233 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

Hargreaves when fit was a fantastic player. We were lucky to sign him but very unlucky with his injuries

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Mars Bar wrote: »
    Has anyone else seen Memphis doing an overhead kick in training in football tennis and winning a point? You should see the reaction of the players and the new coaches. Looks like a very positive atmosphere in training and they are having fun!

Ya, saw it on MUTV and it was amazing technique. There does seem to be a great spirit & bond amongst the squad, which is good to have going into a new season. Just a pity Memphis can't be as spectacular on the field, as he can be off it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Can Juve afford Higuain without the Pogba money?

Surely we start playing the game now, we've already seen the hand Juve have played, Woody should say £85 million take it or leave it, take the agents' cut out of that too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Surely we start playing the game now, we've already seen the hand Juve have played, Woody should say £85 million take it or leave it, take the agents' cut out of that too.

They would more then likely leave it!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

Yes.

Their number seems to only be growing by the day, €112 million now plus the agent looking for over €20 million, if true it's getting to a stage where we should be looking at alternatives. I don't mind a statement of intent but being taken to the cleaners isn't going to do us any favours, it just sets a ridiculous precedent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,924 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

Jose is no fool. He & Woody won't be messed around. There is negotiation but we won't be drawn into protracted haggling. I can easily imagine Jose saying forget it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭Flint Fredstone

Yeah, whatever about the initial fee being way over the odds, if they keep bumping it up every so often just tell them to f*ck off tbh.

I really doubt that's the case though. Seems like journos trying to keep the story rolling along in case somebody might actually stop taking an interest in it. I'm not that bothered about it anymore, if it happens great, if it doesn't then on to the next one. It's at the stage where I'm sick of hearing about it longer than I was actually excited about it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Wasn't the figure always going to be around £100 million?

Not much seems to have changed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,113 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

City get Bonucci(hopefully) and they are reported to pay for higs in 2 payments this year and next year so could easy afford it.
    I say let Real take him,Paul Pogba is no way worth 110+ plus the agents fee,there pulling the piss out of United.Can you imagine Fegie at this.
    Suppose you dont get what you dont ask for but more fool woodword to pay that amount of cash

• Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭Toobz

Just seen the di marzio post that 120m won't cover the total transfer. Can we just buy matuidi/kroos/vidal, mahrez and Gabriel jesus?

You score 4 we'll score 10

"We're Man United, we'll pay what you want"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,217 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Giggsy11 wrote: »
    Yes.

How?

Very little money in the Italia game these days, Juve are in a better situation then most because they actually own their stadium but they would not be in a position to sign players for that kind of money.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭irishchris

Totally off (pogba) topic but watched this interview from little while back today and appalled at Jon snows attitude theoughout.. Spends the entire interview goading sir Alex trying to get a reaction

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,026 ✭✭✭duffman13

http://m.rte.ie/sport/soccer/2016/0724/804482-man-uniteds-china-trip-descends-into-chaos/

Sounds like a bit of a disaster all round, Mourinho saying tomorrow will be a "double friendly" because of the state of the pitch. Half the squad didn't arrive in the hotel till 1am. No wonder he just wants to get back to England.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

Agh lads and ladies would ye all ever relax about pogba and the fee
    For Micky Ryan it was 26.7m and we'd heard reports of 30-35-40m at different stages
    The deal will get done and not at the fee that's being talked about
    It's a huge deal it takes time. Relax and don't be listening to ever single media tweeter who's not close to the deal and saying this that and the other

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,617 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

irishchris wrote: »
    Totally off (pogba) topic but watched this interview from little while back today and appalled at Jon snows attitude theoughout.. Spends the entire interview goading sir Alex trying to get a reaction

Think channel 4 have a bit of a reputation for that kind of carry on. Think they got Quentin Tarantino to go off on one a few years back. It seems to be their main objective in these interviews.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Think channel 4 have a bit of a reputation for that kind of carry on. Think they got Quentin Tarantino to go off on one a few years back. It seems to be their main objective in these interviews.

Jon Snow can be quite good and often goes after those who really deserve going after. But the other C4 News anchor - Krishnan Guru-Murthy, now he really is the lord of all muppets and he is constantly píssing people off.

How?

Very little money in the Italia game these days, Juve are in a better situation then most because they actually own their stadium but they would not be in a position to sign players for that kind of money.

They have lot of players to offload, players like Zaza are worth 30 million and there are players like Sturaro, Pereyra who can easily fetch 30 Million.

In 2010-11 also they spent 100 Million and net transfer of 80 Million, now they are in much healthier position and also they get lot of money from CL as the all the Italian teams bar them are KOed out very early.

https://twitter.com/Sport_Witness/status/753926749075939328

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

irishchris wrote: »

Ah, come on? Appalled. They were genuinely fair questions! Tough but fair.

Were you just as "appalled" with some of Ferguson's media attitude throughout his career. I found the questions not only fair but interesting.

Almost all of Fergusopns post retirement media work has been dull, ceremonial stuff. Nice to see him questioned about things like his relationship with media, players, state of football financially and the Glazers.

I could have listened to another hour of that type of interview.

And, yes, he is a journalist. And he is there to delve into his interviewees real opinions, and if his questions draw a reaction that he is forced to answer more earnestly, thats top work. Ferguson is not an easy man to break through sometimes and in fairness he was a good interviewee and seemed to respect the questions thrown at him. Probably because he respected the interviewer.

At the end of the day, he has hundreds of answers we would love to get out of him and interviews that just laud him as a God and reflect on things we already know and he can talk about with ease arent very insightful.

Fair game interview in my opinion.

Just picked up last season's home jersey in Sports Direct in Drogheda for €12.
    Couldn't pass it at that price.

Btw, Giggsy's team won Indian Premier Futsal. Match ended 1-1 and they won in the penalty shoot out. Giggsy missed his.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

Someone tweeted Adidas saying Lingard wasn't marketable enough for the new jersey campaign..

https://twitter.com/adidasUK/status/756812970668257281

Niiice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Context. Someone tweeted Addidas that Lingard wasn't good enough to front a New Jersey campaign. That was their response.

That hyperlink looked different when I posted it!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,576 ✭✭✭deaddonkey15

Alex obviously deleted his tweet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,949 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Yeah he deleted it coz he couldn't handle to mentions from "Lingard fanboys".

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Mars Bar wrote: »
    Yeah he deleted it coz he couldn't handle to mentions from "Lingard fanboys".

He basically pissed his pants when he got a bit of heat for trolling.

Internet trolls should be called out more by everyone.

Just picked up last season's home jersey in Sports Direct in Drogheda for €12.
    Couldn't pass it at that price.

Thanks Flint, after seeing your post I went over to grab one myself. This will do just nicely for the few games I'll be going to.

I don't judge any grown man/woman who spends €90 on the current shirt for themselves, whether they take a day off of work to do it or not. Personally though, I just can't be at it. It's insane money for what it is, and the fact that it is now on sale less than a year later for €12, with the seller still making a profit at that price, just shows how high the profit margins are to begin with.

Thankfully though, not everyone follows my own line of thinking or else Adidas would not be giving United £750m over 10 years for the right to make and sell them.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I know its saying what he knows people wants, but still.

Mourinho: "The message from the owners & Mr Woodward was 'get your three years & bring us back where we belong during a three-year period'. But to say before the season starts that the top 4 is the target? The top 4 is not the target. We want to play to be champions."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Lord TSC wrote: »
    I know its saying what he knows people wants, but still.

Mourinho: "The message from the owners & Mr Woodward was 'get your three years & bring us back where we belong during a three-year period'. But to say before the season starts that the top 4 is the target? The top 4 is not the target. We want to play to be champions."

I dont think its a case of saying it for the cameras I think he genuinely believes and wants it. He doesn't come across as the type of man that will say we have to lower our ambitions.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

To hell with Top 4 being the target, they should be gunning for the league.

And I've every faith that José & the players will deliver League title #21 next May

stankratz wrote: »
    Thanks Flint, after seeing your post I went over to grab one myself. This will do just nicely for the few games I'll be going to.

I don't judge any grown man/woman who spends €90 on the current shirt for themselves, whether they take a day off of work to do it or not. Personally though, I just can't be at it. It's insane money for what it is, and the fact that it is now on sale less than a year later for €12, with the seller still making a profit at that price, just shows how high the profit margins are to begin with.

Thankfully though, not everyone follows my own line of thinking or else Adidas would not be giving United £750m over 10 years for the right to make and sell them.

No bother man. Didn't even know Sports Direct had stores in Ireland, just went into Heatons and stumbled upon it upstairs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,777 ✭✭✭jimmytwotimes 2013

According to this Mourinho wants an experienced CB. We need one. The article a bit light on the whole sources bit though.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/manchester-united-boss-jose-mourinho-8485397

According to this Mourinho wants an experienced CB. We need one. The article a bit light on the whole sources bit though.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/manchester-united-boss-jose-mourinho-8485397

Ha, has it even one source !! It is essesntially an article which claims to tell us a sh1tload of things that Jose: wants/needs/plans to do/ is doing/thinks/likes to do in his spare time/watches on Netflix

not having a go at you by the way!!

Just find it mental how much mileage these tabloid "journalists" get out of preseason speculation! For all we know its Leicester who have more or less captured the signature of Pogba!!

Personally I am happy enough with what we have at CB but would not turn down someone experienced to add to the squad even just to mentor who we have there for a season or so

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,621 ✭✭✭caviardreams

Bonucci please :D

• Advertisement

Bonucci please :D

Yeah, since Kolo moved to Celtic today, I guess he would be my second choice

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭bmcc10

Yeah, since Kolo moved to Celtic today, I guess he would be my second choice

I'm not so sure he hasn't shown great character like Kolo

No bother man. Didn't even know Sports Direct had stores in Ireland, just went into Heatons and stumbled upon it upstairs.

Yep, I was familiar with Heaton's sports department but didn't know that it was a Sports Direct. I ordered a couple pairs of runners a few weeks ago on Sports Direct thinking they had no stores in Ireland myself.

It is baffling that a club can consider a 100 million bid for a player yet can't consider to acknowledge the (albeit sadly typical of modern day footballers but expected nonetheless) reaction of a player who most acknowledge is a vital cog fot the clubs future just to bow down to the ego or sell a few more jerseys of a player who is essentially entering retirement mode now.
    At least sit him down and give him that much before announcing such an issue. I have never seen such a ridiculous situation, by all parties involved (including Martial who should be so grateful for the life and earnings he has/will have to get over whats happened here.)

Pathetic stuff. It could even cause an issue with Ibra and Martial

For anyone who wants to watch Rooneys Q&A earlier. He's as boring as ever but I had to laugh at himself and Young's reaction when he was asked who the slowest player was :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

It is baffling that a club can consider a 100 million bid for a player yet can't consider to acknowledge the (albeit sadly typical of modern day footballers but expected nonetheless) reaction of a player who most acknowledge is a vital cog fot the clubs future just to bow down to the ego or sell a few more jerseys of a player who is essentially entering retirement mode now.
    At least sit him down and give him that much before announcing such an issue. I have never seen such a ridiculous situation, by all parties involved (including Martial who should be so grateful for the life and earnings he has/will have to get over whats happened here.)

LOL

• Advertisement

LOL

:D C'mon it is true though!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,426 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

His publicist probably went into melt down when the big plan for the client got messed up, that doesn't mean Martial cares as much as people suggest.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

DM_7 wrote: »
    His publicist probably went into melt down when the big plan for the client got messed up, that doesn't mean Martial cares as much as people suggest.

Was thinking that, his agent or whoever is in charge of his accounts got pissed over it

Curious to know who the two alternatives to Pogba are

Or if Jose just said that to give the impression we weren't putting all our eggs in one basket

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,621 ✭✭✭caviardreams

Possibly Matuidi given the previous chatter?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement