Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2016 - Mod Warning Post #6863

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Tommorrw s game called off from what I seen on reddit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,621 ✭✭✭caviardreams

Would be very sorry for the fans but delighted tbh - could see us picking up an injury or two if the pitch is as bad as they say.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,655 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Hopefully that is true about the game being called off.

Next step is to get another friendly and make up for the loss of a game, they need the match fitness

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

Headshot wrote: »
    Hopefully that is true about the game being called off.

Next step is to get another friendly and make up for the loss of a game, they need the match fitness

charity shield will do for match fitness. Pre season friendly in itself but at least they arent able to make dozens of subs so makes it a bit more meaningfull.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,655 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

I wasnt aware that Naples are in for Icardi

Its reminding me of a domino affect. Pogba hopefully signing for utd, Juve then buy higuain and Icardi to Naples

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Matteo Moretto (from Sky Italia on Cadena COPE tonight): "United's latest offer for Pogba is €120m. He is definitely leaving."

Guy seems to work for Di Marzio.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Pogba will either stay at Juve or leave, I'm 100% confident

• Registered Users Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭Peanut Butter Jelly

Matteo Moretto (from Sky Italia on Cadena COPE tonight): "United's latest offer for Pogba is €120m. He is definitely leaving."

Guy seems to work for Di Marzio.

While he works for Di Marzio, it's important to note he did not actually say that, according to himself anyway. Taken from his twitter (bold is his replies)
    Is it true you've said United have bid 120m and that it will be accepted?

Not accepted. It should be the way.
    The latest bid is 110+10. Juventus said no but in the next hours the club should reach an agreement.

I'm guessing we will hear more on Monday or Tuesday?

Sure! Have a good night.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Thepoet85

Pogba will either stay at Juve or leave, I'm 100% confident

#ITK :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Off topic but Thought this was an odd friendship haha

https://www.instagram.com/p/BIQvUvQgo7_/

https://www.instagram.com/p/BIQ3pK_h2Tb/

Think mcgregor been wearing the cr7 brand for a while though so probably ties in there somewhere.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,933 ✭✭✭Tippex

Game tonight has been cancelled. Best decision if the pitch is in as bad a state as being reported.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭TheDoctor

This tour has been a shambles.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭Polo_Mint

Tippex wrote: »
    Game tonight has been cancelled. Best decision if the pitch is in as bad a state as being reported.

Does that mean the teams are flying back?

TheDoctor wrote: »
    This tour has been a shambles.

Sure has but at least we have another 3 games to build up fitness that should be enough. They could arrange a behind doors game back in Manchester easily this week.

• jayo26 wrote: »
    Sure has but at least we have another 3 games to build up fitness that should be enough. They could arrange a behind doors game back in Manchester easily this week.

Apparently Utd had some issues with a flight because of a Storm or something a few days back
    Hasn't been ideal preparation
    I agree, get them home

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Apparently Utd had some issues with a flight because of a Storm or something a few days back
    Hasn't been ideal preparation
    I agree, get them home

Definitely get them home to normal climate and decent pitches and work their asses off for few weeks.

I don't think they would of gain anything from playing city it was never going to be an intense game they would probably get as much sharpness playing a game in Carrington.

Polo_Mint wrote: »
    Does that mean the teams are flying back?

They were due to fly back tonight anyway so it won't be much of a difference

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭Polo_Mint

jayo26 wrote: »
    They were due to fly back tonight anyway so it won't be much of a difference

Didn't know that. Good news anyway

I'm sure Pre-seasons can be set up at home.

Are we due anymore tours?

Polo_Mint wrote: »
    Didn't know that. Good news anyway

I'm sure Pre-seasons can be set up at home.

Are we due anymore tours?

Game inow Sweden the rooney testimonial and charity shield. They are good opertunities to build up fitness if players and they will have to play 90 mins in charity shield.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,597 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

The pitch was in some state.. defo an injury waiting to happen

https://twitter.com/TelegraphDucker/status/757494320442245120

astradave wrote: »

Someone's going to a get the sack for this...........

tumblr_mo5aofqqek1su8iqjo1_500.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭irishchris

Wouldn't mind but city had flown their head groundsman over to assist the chinese in getting pitch ready so you would have hoped the pitch would be in a better state.. But I suppose with those weather extremes it is to be expected

• So how close is close today?
    Closer than Close?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

closer than you ever can imagine

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    So how close is close today?
    Closer than Close?

Well I'm close to going mad with all the chat about when, how much, why, what if, who, thats being speculated! Nothing worse than a transfer deal that goes on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on.

Think of all the trees that have been chopped down and wasted on such articles!!

Pogba is going to Man Utd! Fin.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭TheDoctor

Hate having to keep my Pogba 6 jersey in the press for another few days.

#po6ba

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Reading that Moyes wants Januzaj and Will Keane on loan at Sunderland.

Would be happy to see Januzaj get the full gametime, and his best season came under Moyes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Reading that Moyes wants Januzaj and Will Keane on loan at Sunderland.

Would be happy to see Januzaj get the full gametime, and his best season came under Moyes.

Aye and two United players on loan there could help stop a lot of the otherwise inevitable few United fans that will be hoping for him to fail.

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭Lukekul

I'm delighted the game was cancelled personally, don't like the idea of playing a main rival with a new manager in preseason. The risk of injury was just the icing on that **** pie

Lukekul wrote: »
    I'm delighted the game was cancelled personally, don't like the idea of playing a main rival with a new manager in preseason. The risk of injury was just the icing on that **** pie

I hate the idea. I don't mind preseason tours but playing against your biggest rivals in a friendly match degrades the rivalry

• Advertisement

Will be interesting to see how CBJ and TFM get on this season. Should get more game time with Europe although we all know Jose isn't the most notorious at bringing through youth players like Ferguson and Van Gaal.

Hopefully he will appreciate the culture of United in this regard

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,026 ✭✭✭duffman13

Will be interesting to see how CBJ and TFM get on this season. Should get more game time with Europe although we all know Jose isn't the most notorious at bringing through youth players like Ferguson and Van Gaal.

I like both players but looking forward to seeing Tuanzebe get a few games, hes an animal and a player that's been in the academy a while, surprised not see some of him under LVG but Mourinho has name checked him already!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

Did LVG have a game where there wasn't a youth product involved, even on the bench?

That is/was a record going back decades with united, not sure if LVG broke the trend or not.

I think Mou will though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Did LVG have a game where there wasn't a youth product involved, even on the bench?

That is/was a record going back decades with united, not sure if LVG broke the trend or not.

I think Mou will though.

United set a record for consecutive games that had academy players in the first team during last season. It stretches back decades. I'm sure Jose knows this and will include someone from the youth ranks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,991 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

CBJ should do just fine under Jose and will be between himself and Shaw for the LB so should see plenty of game time.

As for Jose not brining through youth like Van Gaal, LVG really only gave so many youth team players their debuts because of injuries and actually dropped CBJ out of the match day squad completely for the FA Cup final in favour of Rojo and Jones, the latter who hadn't played since January 2nd.

I think Mou will though.

Nope the record is still ongoing and I can't see jose breaking it either with the likes of Rashford,Tfm (still a youth product),cbj,tuanzeebe coming threw.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

astradave wrote: »

Phil Jones could have got injured looking at it

I think Mou will though.

Why?? He tends to have complete different approach. Why would he suddenly change this. He'll definitely change his mindset but not as much to break records.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,356 ✭✭✭Cotts72

http://www.teamtalk.com/news/pogba-holding-out-for-real-madrid-as-man-united-close-in

Pogba ‘holding out’ for Real Madrid as Man United close in

Paul Pogba is reportedly hoping for a last-ditch move from Real Madrid as his agent finalises his world-record switch to Manchester United.

According to reports in Spain, the 23-year-old French international still wants to join forces with his idol Zinedine Zidane at the Bernabeu but time is running out for the La Liga giants to upstage the Red Devils with their own bid.

Juventus boss Massimiliano Allegri has confirmed his club are in negotiations with Manchester United for Pogba to return to his former club, with agent fees expected to boost the overall cost to a whopping £130million.

Pogba’s wages are also expected to be in the region of £13million in a year, yet Real Madrid still appear reluctant to match the deal that Manchester United are close to completing.

More of this again, is it legit I wonder or Spanish media again being sour

CBJ should do just fine under Jose and will be between himself and Shaw for the LB so should see plenty of game time.

As for Jose not brining through youth like Van Gaal, LVG really only gave so many youth team players their debuts because of injuries and actually dropped CBJ out of the match day squad completely for the FA Cup final in favour of Rojo and Jones, the latter who hadn't played since January 2nd.

It's all hypothetical but Van Gaal throughout his career has always maintained this policy at different levels. Was only a matter of time before he brought through players. Ando there was alternativesome to Rash ford when he first brought him in but he clearly saw potential I'm a player who up until Christmas couldn't barely get in to Under 21st as far as I recall

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭Trond

• Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭Korat

When you look at it this way the Pogba asking price doesn't seem that bad.
    United’s projected turnover for 2016 is £510 million. That means that even if Pogba ended up costing £100 million, he would still not be the most expensive player in their history, measured by the player’s fee as a proportion of the club’s turnover at the time of the transfer.

By this measure, United’s most expensive signing is still Juan Veron, whose £28.1m transfer fee in 2001 represented almost 22 per cent of the club’s then-turnover of £129 million. As a percentage of turnover a £100 million Pogba would rank as only the third-most expensive United signing, behind Rio Ferdinand and ahead of Wayne Rooney and Roy Keane.

http://www.irishtimes.com/sport/ken-early-manchester-united-a-victim-of-their-own-financial-might-1.2733060

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,466 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

Cotts72 wrote: »
    http://www.teamtalk.com/news/pogba-holding-out-for-real-madrid-as-man-united-close-in

Paul Pogba is reportedly hoping for a last-ditch move from Real Madrid as his agent finalises his world-record switch to Manchester United.

According to reports in Spain, the 23-year-old French international still wants to join forces with his idol Zinedine Zidane at the Bernabeu but time is running out for the La Liga giants to upstage the Red Devils with their own bid.

Juventus boss Massimiliano Allegri has confirmed his club are in negotiations with Manchester United for Pogba to return to his former club, with agent fees expected to boost the overall cost to a whopping £130million.

Pogba’s wages are also expected to be in the region of £13million in a year, yet Real Madrid still appear reluctant to match the deal that Manchester United are close to completing.

Hard to say, I've yet to hear the player himself say what his preferred destination is. It won't go down well in Spain if he does go to United for a world record fee, boo hoo for them anyway, the way football is funded over there I'd say the tax payers of Spain will be happy enough that he doesn't go to Madrid.

Glazers Out!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,531 ✭✭✭magnumbud

Cotts72 wrote: »

doesnt say what paper it is but could be marca trying to make madrid look good. i'd be pretty sure he probably wants madrid but we have apparently priced them out of it.

if he signs for united, which i still cant fully believe after years of these types of dragging out deals only to be outbid or given a new contract, i dont expect he'll stay at united for more than 3 or 4 years and then madrid will come in for him

A fake airplane crash!! When I see it, I wonder how sir Bobby Charlton did still fly with us.... A true legend !!!
    https://www.instagram.com/p/BIRoHsJj-Vu/

I absolutely love this guy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Since Jose said he has three players profiled & lined up, for each area of need that he has identified. I'm rapidly reaching the point where I hope we just move on and go for option two.

magnumbud wrote: »
    doesnt say what paper it is but could be marca trying to make madrid look good. i'd be pretty sure he probably wants madrid but we have apparently priced them out of it.

if he signs for united, which i still cant fully believe after years of these types of dragging out deals only to be outbid or given a new contract, i dont expect he'll stay at united for more than 3 or 4 years and then madrid will come in for him

I don't think it will be that straight forward if we have him on high wages now and as keep him under a decent contract madrid would need to pay an awful lot to tempt him away.

If they can't match united now it's going to be harder for them to match us in a few years with TV money and what not.

Ideally if pogba signs a 5 year contract now and in 3 years time we need to get him to extend that again by increasing his wages more to protect his transfer fee.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,985 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

If Pogba is on £13 million a year, is that less money than Rooney?

I know it's ridiculous money but it'd just be wrong if the most expensive player in the world was earning less than Wayne Rooney.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,830 ✭✭✭Cookie_Dough

Since Jose said he has three players profiled & lined up, for each area of need that he has identified. I'm rapidly reaching the point where I hope we just move on and go for option two.

I think they should move on to the next player. Pogba wants Real so no point signing if there's a possibility he will phone it in like Di Maria. I got the impression from watching José's recent press conference that he's not pushed once they get one of the targets. I'm hoping Real Madrid "swoop" in and take him.

• Advertisement

There is absolutely no rush whatsoever. Pogba is on holidays so it could simply be case of them not dragging him back or in no rush to complete it until his holiday is over.

I don't see why united should be rushing or panicking if we have made a bid well let juventus stew on it for a bit.

I think from Juventus business with higuain it's clear that something haspecial been agreed with someone.

Even if he was signed up he wouldn't be near the training pitch yet anyway.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement