Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2016 - Mod Warning Post #6863

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,768 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

jayo26 wrote: »
    There is absolutely no rush whatsoever. Pogba is on holidays so it could simply be case of them not dragging him back or in no rush to complete it until his holiday is over.

I don't see why united should be rushing or panicking if we have made a bid well let juventus stew on it for a bit.

I think from Juventus business with higuain it's clear that something haspecial been agreed with someone.

Even if he was signed up he wouldn't be near the training pitch yet anyway.

for 120 odd million and over 200 grand a week, I'd expect someone to cut a holiday short tbh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

I have went from...

I Can't see him coming back

To

He is 100% coming back

To

I'm not so sure

All in space of couple weeks. I miss the good times when we just got our stuff done. Now every summer they're one drag of transfer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

for 120 odd million and over 200 grand a week, I'd expect someone to cut a holiday short tbh

Why? If they have agreement in place leave him go rest. I don't see pigba as been the holdup it more then likely is juve.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,597 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Meh, the way I see it is that it's done and we are holding off making the announcement until we have both Mourinho and Woodward back in Manchester..

They are hardly going to plaster a world record signing all over the place without the manager present

astradave wrote: »
    Meh, the way I see it is that it's done and we are holding off making the announcement until we have both Mourinho and Woodward back in Manchester..

They are hardly going to plaster a world record signing all over the place without the manager present

Just for the effect of it I'd love them to hire in a load of scaffold and start building a stage in old Trafford... surely that would wind them up to the last.

• Advertisement

• Ahaa,

That's that word "Close" showing up again

In actual news, Looks like there could be chance Rooney will lose captaincy for England. Big Sam not revealing much yet.
    Interesting, I wonder has Jose considered the same at Utd.
    Has he officially announced that Rooney will resume his captaincy duties since taking over as Utd manager? I can't find anything when searched.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

There is absolutely no rush whatsoever. Pogba is on holidays so it could simply be case of them not dragging him back or in no rush to complete it until his holiday is over.

I don't see why united should be rushing or panicking if we have made a bid well let juventus stew on it for a bit.

I think from Juventus business with higuain it's clear that something haspecial been agreed with someone.

Even if he was signed up he wouldn't be near the training pitch yet anyway.

Having witnessed the nonsense of the Moyes & LVG era, I think Pogba's signing or any players signing for that matter, should always be concluded as quickly as possible. Mourinho will forge his new team in this next few weeks and the sooner he has all his players to do so the better. Now maybe agreement has already been reached and were all responding to erroneous media speculation. But if it hasn't, then I think we should be quickly moving on by the end of the week. The new season will then be two weeks away and I think any player would need a couple of weeks to bed in and adjust to a new system. Especially so when a player has never played under his new manager/new system before.

I have went from...

I Can't see him coming back

To

He is 100% coming back

To

I'm not so sure

All in space of couple weeks. I miss the good times when we just got our stuff done. Now every summer they're one drag of transfer.

When was the last time we didn't have a transfer saga? Even back to the mid nineties we had sheerer and even Dwight Yorke was a saga too.

People think that it was all plain sailing before woodward came along???

Having witnessed the nonsense of the Moyes & LVG era, I think Pogba's signing or any players signing for that matter, should always be concluded as quickly as possible. Mourinho will forge his new team in this next few weeks and the sooner he has all his players to do so the better. Now maybe agreement has already been reached and were all responding to erroneous media speculation. But if it hasn't, then I think we should be quickly moving on by the end of the week. The new season will then be two weeks away and I think any player would need a couple of weeks to bed in and adjust to a new system. Especially so when a player has never played under his new manager/new system before.

Totally understand the team building bit but pogba wasn't due back from holidays until start of August from what I recall so realistically if the transfer is wrapped up in the next week or so one way or another.

The club surely has a feel of what's going on if they been successful or whatnot. All we are going on is recycled media stories with keywords.

When was the last time we didn't have a transfer saga? Even back to the mid nineties we had sheerer and even Dwight Yorke was a saga too.

People think that it was all plain sailing before woodward came along???

No but it wasn't every summer

• Advertisement

zerks wrote: »
    United set a record for consecutive games that had academy players in the first team during last season. It stretches back decades. I'm sure Jose knows this and will include someone from the youth ranks.

Be grand when we sign Pogba :D

It's was a very rare summer there wasn't a transfer saga. Ronaldinho and Rudd van nistleroy was another.

Just for the effect of it I'd love them to hire in a load of scaffold and start building a stage in old Trafford... surely that would wind them up to the last.

There was actually reports in Italy that United were going to do that :pac:

Wesley Sneijder

There was actually reports in Italy that United were going to do that :pac:

I would love it imagine the smile on woodward face standing on stage with pogba and jose and ibra ha love it.

Wesley Sneijder

Gaitin

Wesley Sneijder

Ya but that was just the papers. We were not after him every transfer window.

Plus that was over last dozen years

I would love it imagine the smile on woodward face standing on stage with pogba and jose and ibra ha love it.

Have DeGea come out and present the jerseys..

How could we fit a fax machine into the presentation.

With a woman wearing a sexy fax machine costume of course :pac:

e06e01954e5799073a02acdf6700edb2.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭TheDoctor

We can have Pogbas contract come through on it and get him to sign there and then

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Or how about ammneding Davids new jersey for 2016/17 season?......:pac:

Fax1.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

TheDoc wrote: »
    What were you even trying to say in this dribble?

By saying your misplaced offense is nonsense, means I'm having a tummy tug to SSN?

<removed>

@iamthewalrus owe you an apology for calling you that.

Bit of a heated reaction when I was having a general tantrum on the internet Saturday evening

Had read an e-mail from work that my employee number was being given to some new guy. Was absolutely livid

<3

Manchester United preparing world record bid for Juventus' Paul Pogba

Meanwhile in Turin

tdy_tren_pennies_160531.today-inline-vid-featured-desktop.jpg

What the dick is preparing. SOMEONE SHOW ED HOW A CURRENT ACCOUNT WORKS PLX

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

I blame Brexit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

TheDoctor wrote:
    This tour has been a shambles.

I blame Fellaini

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,830 ✭✭✭Cookie_Dough

brinty wrote: »
    I blame Fellaini

so does bangkok ;)

slow Monday natter.

Should Pogba end up at Madrid, do we freak out that we missed out and potentially wasted time on yet another saga, or chalk it down as a "what if" and appreciate we were in the hunt offering big bucks?

My only concern in all of this is, as it keeps going on and on, other lined up targets might get the hump waiting and move and we might miss out. Coupled with no players seem to be departing from us, where clearly I expect atleast four players to leave the club permanently, and replacements may be required.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

considering Juventus already turned down a £44m bid for Bonnucci from city, there is no chance we will sign him if we already going to pay 100m for pogba

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Thepoet85

bangkok wrote:
    considering Juventus already turned down a £44m bid for Bonnucci from city, there is no chance we will sign him if we already going to pay 100m for pogba

Why not, we have the cash, and could lessen the fee by sending someone the other way if necessary.

I don't think it will happen, but I do think we could afford it. More a case of Juve not wanting to offload too many of their key players.

Thepoet85 wrote: »
    Why not, we have the cash, and could lessen the fee by sending someone the other way if necessary.

I don't think it will happen, but I do think we could afford it. More a case of Juve not wanting to offload too many of their key players.

there has to be a limit on what we spend, its not a bottomless pit of money we have. unless of course we are going to be selling a few players that will be worth a total of up to 50m, because mourinho already said he wants 4 players, any others will be signed by what we sell

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Thepoet85

bangkok wrote:
    there has to be a limit on what we spend, its not a bottomless pit of money we have. unless of course we are going to be selling a few players that will be worth a total of up to 50m, because mourinho already said he wants 4 players, any others will be signed by what we sell

Definitely limit on what can be spent. But I wouldn't think we'd be emptying the penny jars to get another player.

More likely that someone would be sold to fund the purchase. All that being said I don't see that transfer happening anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭IamtheWalrus

Bit of a heated reaction when I was having a general tantrum on the internet Saturday evening

Had read an e-mail from work that my employee number was being given to some new guy. Was absolutely livid

<3

All good bro'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,161 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

Seeing all of these jokes about Madrid they still won the champions league without him with pretty much a rookie manager.

While we had one of the most experienced and don't even have a possibility of winning it this year even with Pogba:(

#alwaysfirst though:o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,930 ✭✭✭KH25

Offer Valencia to Juve as part of a Bonucci deal. Just make sure they only see a highlights package from when he knew how to play football.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,356 ✭✭✭Cotts72

KH25 wrote: »
    Offer Valencia to Juve as part of a Bonucci deal. Just make sure they only see a highlights package from when he knew how to play football.

Offer Tyler Blackett in a straight swap deal :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,655 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

And they say the Pogba deal is nuts, its looking like a bargain compared to Higuain deal

Headshot wrote: »
    And they say the Pogba deal is nuts, its looking like a bargain compared to Higuain deal

Don't tell Scholes,although he also reckons Gundongan has been less of a risk then Micky and has seen him play more for Dortmund despite the fact the guy has been injured and Micky has been an ever present and tore up the Bundesliga last season.That alone kinda makes his argument about Pogba even less relevant.

• Advertisement

<3

Thought you made a heel turn when I read some of your posts on Saturday night Doc, you seemed...different.

Were you #9 last year and had a brilliant year for the company? And now a living legend in your field has been brought into the company, he's been given your #9 without you being informed, and now you're #11 and not happy?

I've heard of it happening before alright.

Headshot wrote: »

As with all these things, if Juventus go onto win a treble next season, will be cast as great business.

And to be honest it will.

I'm not concerned anymore with the cost, I've talked myself around.

I thought Bale was absolutely incredulous when it happened and his transfer went through. Remember being on lunch with lads in the old job literally going mental.

Few years after, two Champions leagues, loads of goals and assists, no one is questioning the price paid for Bale.

Every players fee is justifiable if they go on to win stuff with the club in question. Our 120m for Pogba won't really matter if he doesn't go onto win a Balon Dor, or be the best CM EVA.

If he is in the team that is winning Champions leagues, getting to finals in the Champions league and generally making the club a European force, it will be worth it.

https://twitter.com/francefootball/status/757598449227272193

Pogba's agent meeting with him today,Pogba has been on holiday with Griezmann and his brother,now those tweets about congratulating Pogba on the transfer to United make sense.

Pogba meet his agent Friday while on holiday

roxwoodyufue0.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

https://twitter.com/ffsYanited/status/756233530582175744

I know Zerks just mentioned it but shiiit I didn't know this happened.

zerks wrote: »
    Don't tell Scholes,although he also reckons Gundongan has been less of a risk then Micky and has seen him play more for Dortmund despite the fact the guy has been injured and Micky has been an ever present and tore up the Bundesliga last season.That alone kinda makes his argument about Pogba even less relevant.

gundogan played 40 games for Dortmund last season.

also i think scholes meant it might take Mkhitayran a bit longer to adjust to the league than gundogan.

thats fair enough, its his opinion

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

That's a very good photoshop of him in a United shirt, it looks totally real.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

That's a very good photoshop of him in a United shirt, it looks totally real.

Eh...isn't it from back when he was with us?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement